Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:46:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31358 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: January 26, 2020, 08:08:47 PM »
« edited: January 26, 2020, 08:12:57 PM by KaiserDave »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Credit to Prankmenot.com for fake tweet

Transcript: The Pence Tax Plan is a scam for and by GOP donors. It's time to take back our democracy for the people.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 11:19:21 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2020, 04:30:20 PM by KaiserDave »

EDITED FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Schedule for Summer and Fall 2019

April
April 11th: Announcement Video Released
April 17th: Announcement Speech in Sacramento California
April 26th: Open Des Moines Office with Speech

May
May 1st: Meet with AFL-CIO Leaders
May 9th: Accept John Lynch Endorsement in Concord
May 13th: 10 County Tour of New Hampshire-One stop in Every County
May 20th: 10 County Tour of New Hampshire II-Open Office in Every County with Gov. Lynch
May 25th: Major Speech in New York City on Corruption in Washington
May 28th: Wealth Tax Rollout in Seattle (See excerpt)

June
June 4th: Rally in Cedar Rapids Iowa, meet with local Democratic leaders
June 5th-8th: Barnstorm Rural Iowa with Surrogates
June 16th: Lead Anti-GOP Tax Plan Marches in Washington DC
June 21st: Meet with any House Dems who will to discuss killing GOP tax bill
June 26th: Major Rally in Muscatine Iowa

July
July 4th: Video Address on Patriotism and American Values
July 10th: 10 County Tour of NH III-Town Hall in Every County with Gov. Lynch
July 16th: Lead Anti-Corruption Marches in Washington DC
July 23rd: Meet and Greet in Nashua New Hampshire
July 27th-29th: Tour Hudson Valley New York

August
August 2nd: Major Rally in Los Angeles
August 5th: Major Rally in San Diego
August 9th: Major Rally in San Jose
August 14th-20th: Tour of Coastal California, from Mexican to Oregon Border

September
September 9th: Speech in Portland on K-12 Education
September 15th: Rolls out Plans for Term Limits, Ending Gerrymandering, Ending Citizens United
September 19th: Meet with Teacher's Union members in Boston
September 21st: Meet with Union Leaders in Chicago
September 28th: Meet with Blue Collar Workers in Illinois

October
October 3rd-9th: Start "Deep Red" Tour, Touring SW Pennsylvania, Trump Districts with Surrogates
October 12th-15th: "Deep Red" Tour, Touring Driftless Area Wisconsin, Trump Districts with Surrogates
October 21st-27th: "Deep Red" Tour, Touring Central and Eastern Kentucky, Trump Districts with Surrogates
October 29th: Major Rally in Washington DC, Emphasizing what people he met actually want (Healthcare coverage, higher wages, clean water and air, end to gridlock)

November
November 2nd-9th: Barnstorm New Hampshire, Cities, Towns, Roadside stops with Gov. Lynch and Surrogates
November 12th-15th: Barnstorm Rural South Carolina with Surrogates
November 16th-18th: Tour Coastal South Carolina with Surrogates
November 20th: Major Rally in Concord New Hampshire
November 23rd: Major Rally in Portsmouth New Hampshire
November 30th: Major Speech on Shaking up Washington, Ending Corruption, in Jacksonville

(Surrogates pending Game Progress and Credits)

Quote from: Tom Steyer
The Administration has got it wrong on Taxes, very wrong. It's not hard to see why, with how much the Congressional GOP is dependent on select few wealthy donors. Sheldon Adelson, Charles Koch, the Mercers, and Bob Murray. This Tax Bill, and the 2017 Tax "Reform" Bill were designed for their benefit by their lobbyists. This Administration has bent to their will and that's why the people on the street and the working poor are getting the same cuts as the wealthiest Americans. The rich are already paying nearly nothing in some cases with all the loopholes they've written into our tax code, and the Pence administration is just kowtowing even more to these aristocrats. Not to mention the fact that this bill is a deficit bomb. Our government doesn't work the people anymore, it works for these few guys. It's a select elite club, and you're aren't in it and you will never be included in the decision making of this country while the corruption persists. If elected, I'll smash the corruption, and fix our tax code.

I'll start by eliminating the loopholes, reversing the income tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, hike up their taxes, including my own, especially people like me, and then introduce a wealth tax. A wealth tax of 1% on those whose net worth is above $32 million — that will generate over $1 trillion for healthcare, education, environmental, and criminal justice programs. It will end the favorable treatment to the rich and powerful at the expense of low-income and middle-class Americans, nor will it starve the government of the resources needed to deliver services.  
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:41 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Credit to Prankmenot.com for fake tweet

Transcript: I'd be honored to speak directly to the American people in a town hall to promote our progressive ideas in contrast to the Trump/Pence scam.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 07:27:02 AM by KaiserDave »

EDIT: Oops, missed the general ones.

Tom Steyer Responses

Personal and Question 1

Well it's unfortunate that despite the claims we'd get to discuss policy and leadership, we're instead pursuing rumors. Look, I'm leading the fight against this disastrous tax "reform". I've been on the ground in the protests, and our campaign is rolling out bold, progressive reforms to our tax system to end the robbery of working and middle class people and to end the blatant corruption that favors the big corporations and wealthy elite. But this bill, this bill has got to be stopped. The bill is a fiscal disaster, Republicans and Democrats all agree it will balloon the deficit that's already massive, and the fact that makes the same cuts for people like me and the poorest Americans is morally bankrupt. I should not receive a tax break. This proposal is viewed by people in both parties as a catastrophe, that's because it is and we will kill this bill. I'm going to do everything in my power to kill it, and if Republicans or Democrats are afraid the popular movement that we're creating, that's too bad. It's time they listen to their constituents and not the lobbyists in Washington. That's what my campaign is about.

We have a crisis of un-insurance, it's not an exaggeration when we say that people are dying are the streets. People can't pay for the drugs they depend on, they're taking desperate measures, they're going up to Canada just to stay alive. We cannot go back to the past, like President Pence would take us and what President Trump tried to do. The past was worse than the present, which is hard to imagine. Obamacare took us further, it expanded access for millions-but not enough. We need Universal Healthcare, so let's finish the job. I support a public option that offers comprehensive, affordable care for every American. We're gonna slash premiums and co-pays to pieces, and end this crisis unfolding on our streets.

I 100% agree, we have a Climate Crisis, and human activity is causing it. This is not an opinion, this is a scientific fact. We must act quickly and decisively. One day one of my presidency I'll declare a National Emergency on Climate Change. I want to achieve 100% clean electricity by 2040 and invest over a trillion dollars in infrastructure modernization to bring America into the future and declare war on unemployment. At the same time we will take measures to provide clean air and water, honor the contributions and sacrifice of workers in fossil fuel industries and not leave them behind like fossil fuel executives have, and prioritize justice for communities that have been treated as environmental dumping grounds for far too long. We will put people and communities before polluting corporations through a truly inclusive planning process. We will make sure Americans have all the necessary resources to support stronger, more resilient communities.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Summer Strategy and Tweets

The Steyer 2020 Campaign places a great emphasis on winning New Hampshire. That states voters who have traditionally been receptive to populist outsiders with unique backgrounds and pitches, and should be a great state for the Steyer message. Steyer with the support of former Governor Lynch and [surrogates yet to be determined] will make New Hampshire top priority of the early states for the campaign. The campaign will carry out three 10 County Tours, and hold other rallies in major cities and barnstorm the state. The main policy emphasis will be on Tom's outsider nature and ability to break the corporate stronghold on Washington, and his bold progressive platform. Simultaneously, the TV and Radio of the state will be blanketed with Steyer advertisement promoting the same message. Tom Steyer will go to Iowa, but the lion's share of campaign resources will be devoted to a substantial win in New Hampshire. However, with Steyer's substantial wealth, ads in Iowa will still occur and a lot of them. While Steyer's advertisement money outweighs any challenge on the airwaves in either of the first two states, Tom will be touring deep red districts to build a base among non-Democrats, and portray himself as an outsider prepared to fight for the people. Not unlike Trump, but with a progressive pro-people, pro-worker, and inclusive agenda rather than faux-populism and race-baiting. Tom will also tour his home state of California to raise name recognition and build a base in a crucial state. Ads in every state are a priority.

Credit to Prankmenot for Fake Tweet

Transcript: We killed the tax scam. Time to pass a progressive tax plan that benefits working families.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 04:17:57 PM »

Jay Inslee by Gage Skidmore

Jay Inslee Endorses Tom Steyer

Washington Governor and outspoken climate activist Jay Inslee has endorsed Tom Steyer's visionary, progressive campaign for President. The two men, both allies in the fight against the climate change are both 100% committed to defeat climate change and reducing obscene wealth inequality. Jay Inslee gave a speech in Seattle endorsing Tom Steyer and pledging his support to the bold progressive seeking to break the corporate stronghold on Washington to get things done for working people. Jay Inslee will join Tom in barnstorming New Hampshire and will help build a ground game in Washington and across the west coast, helping to build a strong coalition across the entire country. The message is clear, Tom is the outsider who's best prepared to end the corporate control of government and fight climate change and corruption.

Transcript: Tom Steyer is a real fighter in the battle against climate change and Washington corruption. I'm proud to support him for President.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 10:58:19 PM »

Note: Image policy.....ugh. Just....uuuuggghhhh.

Tom Steyer by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

Tom Steyer Debate Answers

Opening Statement
Thank you, first I'd like to thank CNN and the venue for hosting us and everyone up here for attending and contributing to the fight against the Trump/Pence disaster. We face a crisis, Donald Trump and Mike Pence have damaged this country and hurt its people. Environmental programs have been slashed, children are being shoved into cages, basic assistance for the poor and elderly is being cut without a second thought, and the Trump/Pence administration despite claims of non-interventionism, has supported or started illegal conflicts in Syria and Yemen. We need to end the Trump/Pence disaster which has devastated working families from McDowell County West Virginia to Gallatin County Montana. The jobs aren't coming back, outsourcing is at an all time high, and wages are stagnant. All the Trump/Pence Whitehouse does is start chaotic trade wars and tweet nonsense. We must defeat them, but then we have to fix Washington. Washington is choked by corruption. Special interests like big oil, big pharma, and big banks have bought congress through legions of lobbyists and congresspeople in both parties have fallen to their sway. I'm not from Washington, I started a business in my garage. As an outsider I'll shake up Washington, end the corruption, and take back our democracy for the people. Then we can get things done for working families across this country.

You've attacked lobbying in Washington on numerous occasions; do you support the new legislation that would significantly roll back this lobbying, and, if not, why not?
A broken clock is right twice a day, the President right on this one. Although I wish he was right on it 15, 10, 5 years ago, or even 5 months ago. Congressman and Governor Mike Pence took 233,850 Dollars from Big Oil, 135,250 Dollars from the Pharmaceutical Industry, 235,039 from Banks, the list goes on. Mike has spent his entire career running from constituents, and fighting hard for special interests. I'm happy he's finally turned to the progressive way of thinking! (Pauses for applause) Let's talk about Mike. You know the President won't even say my name, he's simply terrified. He won't say my name. Well you know, he's just mad I helped kill Tax Scam 2.0. I'm so glad to part of the coalition, with populist fighters like Cory Booker up here, Seth Moulton, and Steve Bullock and Senator Baldwin who told the President we wouldn't allow him to blow up the deficit to give the wealthiest another break when the poor can't get by. So I understand if Mike can't handle that I helped kill his bill. I can't say I'm sorry, and if he tries again I'll be back on the streets of Washington and I'll help kill it again. The progressive movement I'm trying to build terrifies Mike Pence, and its a fantastic feeling.

Closing Statements
I'd like to thank my fellow candidates and the moderation team tonight, our spirited discussion of the issues is a great triumph compared to a Republican debate stage filled on one end with a lunatic conspiracy theorist and the other a desperate wild President. As I travel through America, from deep blue to deep red areas I've gotten to see more firsthand of our common pains and trials. Families in Greene County Pennsylvania struggle to keep up with the costs of living as wages stay down while families in San Diego face the same trouble. Of course there are differences by region, and by race, but we must work together to overcome these troubles and do not believe it cannot be done it certainly can. We know how it can be fixed, but we can't get there if we don't break the corporate grip on Washington. Tonight I promise to everyone I have met and every American, Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever, if I win I will break the Washington cycle of gridlock and failure, I'll end the corruption and take our democracy back for the people. Then we can get the work done, fight climate change, lift up working people, rebuild the middle class, and fight burning racial and gender injustices. Thank you Miami, and let's get to work.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »

Tom Steyer Ad: Tom's Running

Broadcasted in all major markets and in ALL Markets in Iowa and New Hampshire

Narrator:
Tom Steyer, businessman, activists, progressive is running for President. He's running to end the Trump/Pence scam, fight climate change, end Washington corruption, and take back our democracy for the people. He's not afraid of the lobbyists and special interests because he doesn't take their crooked money. His campaign is 100% funded by Tom and people like you.

Tom Steyer in Manchester, Iowa 10/20/2019. by Mark Roeder, on Flickr

Tom's running because working women and women have been kicked around for too long. He knows it's time for the government to fight for working families again, and not the powerful and well connected. He's an outsider beholden to the nobody, who'll smash Washington gridlock and get results for you and your family.

Tom Steyer @ Hanover, NH by Marc Nozell, on Flickr

Tom is rolling out bold progressive plans like a wealth tax for the super rich, Tom knows people like him should not be getting tax breaks, instead he'll cut taxes for working families. He's not afraid of Big Oil, so he's rolling out a multi billion dollar plan to fight climate change and create millions of green energy jobs. Tom will stand up to the pharmaceutical industry to hold them accountable for their crimes against good hard working Americans in the opioid crisis. The American people are more important than lobbyists and special interests, and it's time to fight for them.

I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 10:33:18 AM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: President Pence is out of control and dangerous. Every day we're reminded why we have to defeat him and clean up government in 2020.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 11:00:52 AM »

Tom Steyer New Endorsement

Transcript: After 4 years of corruption and denial in the WH, we support Tom Steyer in 2020. He's a dedicated conservationist and a climate fighter.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: While the President cuts our law enforcement for his fantasy wall, we're rolling out plans to reduce overdoses and end the opioid crisis.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »

Tom Steyer Rolls Out Opioid Response Plan in Elliot County KY

This speech was made on Tom's "Deep Red" tour to speak to Trump voters

Quote from: Tom Steyer October 25th
I've been in Kentucky and West Virginia for these past few days, I've had the pleasure to meet a lot of hard working folk. People who do honest work for honest pay, I've made honest to god friends on this trip. It's just damn heartbreaking to see how they get treated by Washington, to see how the broken corporate establishment treats hard working people. Honest to god they see you all just for the profit you can make. At least that's the case for the Sackler family companies, when the dump millions of pills on a small town. We need accountability and we need justice. Executives responsible for these criminal and abusive actions need to be locked up. Then we need to restore regulations and rules to make sure that these corporations never get away with this again.

In the President's rush to slash regulations into pieces, he's forgetting the people that elected Donald Trump into office. A lot of ya'll did, isn't that right?

(Crowd nods and agrees)

He said he was for the working man, yet President Trump and President Pence now are rushing to rip regulations to pieces. They're not even looking, and its the influence of the lobbyists that does it. I'm a businessman, I'm not a career politician, I'm not a political insider. I'm not beholden to the lobbyists or the opioid executives money. We'll regulate the vile practices they did out of existence, put more resources into Naloxone distribution, and then we'll lock up those responsible for the crimes against hard working Americans.

(Applause)

Then we gotta give local communities the resources to fight back. Local fire departments and EMT, they don't have the resources to fight back. They were barely afloat before the crisis. Not under my plan, millions more for local emergency services, I say yes! I say these brave men and women deserve the best technology and equipment, this is America and they deserve more than Washington corruption and Republican cuts.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »

Election 2020 Debate by Maine Public Broadcasting, on Flickr

Opening Statement
Thank you Anderson. Fellow Americans and patriots, this election is the most important so far in our lives. We have a big decision to make between two starkly different futures. We can pick continuing the Trump/Pence disaster. Corruption, pay for play, pollution of our politics and environment, and blatant disregard of the constitution. Or we can pick a new path, we can elect a Democrat, anybody on this stage would be an improvement over our erratic, out of control President. We can pick climate change denial and fear mongering, or we can pick sound policy aiming to lift up working families and clean up our environment. I believe I'm the man to clean up Washington and restore trust in government. I'm an outsider, I have three decades of private sector experience. I've spent my time building a business, not cozying up with Washington lobbyists. If elected I'll end the corruption that's got our government stuck and push for progressive policies to fight climate change, rebuild the middle class, and create quality jobs. It's time to end the Trump/Pence disaster, and I think I'm the man to do it.

The President has commonly referred to you as the "Democratic Koch," and you have responded that he is "afraid of your progressive movement." Do you believe your vast personal wealth is part of the cause of that fear?
Unlike the President, who started his political career complaining about working women on the radio and saying cigarettes don't kill. I started my career not in politics at all but starting a business. I helped create quality jobs, and now I'm trying to give back. I've signed the Giving Pledge and I'm running for President on a platform of making me, and people like me to pay a lot, a lot more in taxes.  Look, I'm proud of my business record, although I expect Mike to run away from his record. Such as when he tried to redefine rape on an abortion bill.

The bottom line is this. Mike Pence is erratic, radical, and dangerous. He's trying to pass an agenda to gut our public schools, appoint corrupt ultra conservatives to every level of government, and follow the legacy of the Trump catastrophe. Not to mention, he won't stop tweeting about me. Every day it's a new all caps tweet. Yeah he's afraid of our movement. He knows I'd beat him in November, and pretty badly too. I look forward to doing that.

Closing Statements
Let me be very clear, everybody on this stage would be an improvement from the Trump/Pence cataclysm. Senator Booker fought the Newark political machine, Governor Bullock's captained Montana like no other, Senator Klobuchar's spent a career fighting for positive change, Ms. Abrams has been fighting for the poor and downtrodden for so many years, and that's just to name a few.

No matter who wins this primary, I will support them. But we have to ask ourselves who's the best person to lead. I believe I'm the man. I'm beholden to nobody. No lobbyist or corporate executive holds sway with me. When I go to Washington everything changes. I'll smash the corruption by bringing down the law on the lobbyists and the executives by passing the most extensive anti corruption reforms in 45 years. Once we get the wheels of government moving I'll push an agenda to fight climate change, tax the rich, and uplift the poor and downtrodden. It's time to take back our democracy and get government working for ordinary Americans again. Thank you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 04:35:45 PM »

Tom Steyer Ad: Fight Climate Change

Iowa Flooding by Joe Germuska, on Flickr

Jay Inslee Voiceover: Floods rip through Iowa, natural disasters that occur once a century are now an annual occurrences. Crops fail, and Americans suffer. This is the climate crisis.

Jay Inslee Voiceover: The effects of Climate Change aren't happening down the road, in twenty, thirty years. They're happening right now in OUR homes and communities. We need someone to act. Someone who can act.

_PH54340 by GU Politics, on Flickr

Jay Inslee Voiceover: Tom Steyer is the man to fight climate change. He's spent his career as a climate activist trying to preserve our environment and public lands, and fight the fossil fuel companies. He's the man who can act, because he hasn't taken a dime from the special interests or the big Oil CEOs. He'll go to Washington, and he'll pass sweeping environmental reform for clean electricity and green jobs.

Jay Inslee by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

Jay Inslee (now on camera): I'm Washington Governor Jay Inslee and I support Tom Steyer because on Day One, he'll turn things around on climate and he'll fight hard against climate disaster.

(Steyer Appears)I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message because it's time we put the denial and corruption behind us and fight climate change.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 06:23:22 PM »

Jeanne Shaheen by Tim Pierce, on Flickr
Jeanne Shaheen Remarks in Manchester

It's been my honor and privilege to serve New Hampshire for the past twenty years. And I hope to do it for six more! You and I know New Hampshire deserves competent and direct leadership. Granite Staters deserve results. I've done my best to deliver that as Governor and Senator. But look there's a lotta work to be done. We've gotten progress sure, on rural hospitals, on the opioid crisis, on creating economic opportunity. But there's only so much progress we can get while an unstable, extreme, chaotic Administration runs the show. This whole Trump/Pence thing, it's failed Granite Staters. It's failed every American. We all deserve better than this. We deserve better than bigotry and hate. Divisive leaders that divide up Americans for their own benefit. We deserve better than this Administration, who tries to pass tax cuts for the rich at the expense of working families. We deserve better than denial and ignorance while climate change hits our communities. I think we have the man to fix Washington. He'll end the Trump/Pence disaster and their Tax Scams and middle class crushing. That man friends, is Tom Steyer!

Tom will break obstruction. He'll bring in big Democratic majorities, and he'll bring in moderate Republicans and Independents into a big coalition that'll beat Mike Pence or Ivanka Trump. He'll win big and then work for you. I trust Tom, and I urge you all to as well. He's fighting for us, he's fighting for working people. It's time we got somebody who fought for working people, not big donors and lobbyists. Tom doesn't take their money, and he'll send them packing. It's time for the people's house, the people's government, and the people's Democracy, with Tom Steyer! Thank you folks and let's get out there and win this election!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: Congratulations to Governor Edwards and Beshear! Voters want progress and change, not obstruction and corruption. #BlueWave

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 10:17:20 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: The President can't even beat Alex Jones, so he resorts to irrational tweeting. Democrats are united against Trump/Pence and corruption.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »

New Steyer Endorsements

Transcript: I'm proud to endorse Tom Steyer for President. It's time to take back our democracy for the people.

Transcript: Tom Steyer is a dedicated progressive who is committed to the major reforms we need, he has my full support.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 12:03:12 PM »

Tom Steyer Ad: Reject Mike Pence

Work Train on Tennessee Pass by James Belmont, on Flickr

Narrator: Americans deserve stable, compassionate, and measured leadership. They deserve leaders that seek results for them, and serve the people.

Narrator: Mike Pence doesn't think so. In Congress he's put his radical agenda before Americans, and now as President he acts irrationally and dangerously.

Narrator: In Congress he tried to redefine rape, claimed smoking doesn't kill, and when running for Congress, used political donations for personal purposes. Even golf fees.

Narrator: As Governor the Mike Pence disaster continued. Job Growth slowed, public records were covered up, and Mike spent his time pushing a radical anti-LGBT agenda or taking 90,000 Dollars from corporate special interest groups (Cha Ching effect), 234,000 Dollars from Big Oil (Cha Ching effect), 135,000 Dollars from Big Pharma (Cha Ching effect), over 400,000 Dollars from Big Banks (Cha Ching), and so much more.

Mike Pence: dangerous, radical, corrupt. Not right for America.

(Steyer Voice) I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message because I believe I can beat Mike Pence and restore dignity to Washington.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: The President's desperate attacks can't hide his corruption and failure as our Commander-in-Chief. He will lose in November.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2020, 08:14:37 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: Seth Moulton is a true public servant. I'm honored to receive his support. Our campaign is a broad coalition that will defeat Mike Pence.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2020, 05:30:46 PM »

Tom Steyer Winter Strategy and December Schedule

The Tom Steyer campaign believes this campaign can peak big-time in the Winter Months, and barrel through the first four states, perhaps wining three if not all of them. The endorsement from Congressman Seth Moulton, who had already built a formidable campaign is a massive turning point. With the new support of Senator Elizabeth Warren and both of New Hampshire's representatives, New Hampshire appears a lock for the Steyer campaign, a state where he already led. Going into the primary season, Tom plans to up the ground game with a far more intensive schedule. Paired with an aggressive ad campaign, Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada could all be won by Tom. With New Hampshire entering a landslide range. Tom will not engage in any negative campaigning, only contrasting himself to the others as a Washington outsider and change-maker. Surrogates will focus campaigning on region appropriate areas such as Michael Bennet and Dina Titus in Nevada, Elizabeth Warren and Seth Moulton in New Hampshire, and so on. In terms of issues, the campaign focuses on corruption, climate change, real progressive tax reform, and getting stuff done. Also getting the idea settled in voters minds of a President Steyer.

December
December 1: Major Rally in Reno
December 2: Major Rally in Charleston SC
December 3: Major Rally in Houston (Aiming for BIG crowd size)
December 4: Major Rally in Los Angeles (Aiming for BIG crowd size)
December 5: Major Rally in Council Bluffs Iowa
December 6: Meet and Greets across Eastern Iowa (Muscatine, Davenport, Clinton, Wapello, Tipton)
December 7-9: Bus Tour of Rural Iowa
December 10: Major Rally in Des Moines
December 12: Major Rally in Hartford
December 13: Major Rally in Alexandria VA
December 14-15: Lead Anti-Pence Tax Marches
December 16: Major Rally in Dover NH
December 17: Major Rally in Manchester NH
December 18: Major Rally in Concord NH
December 19: Meet and Greets Across Eastern NH (Hampton, Durham, Portsmouth, Exeter, Epping)
December 20: Snow Shoveling Community Service across Manchester
December 21: Christmas Soup Kitchen Work in Peterborough
December 22: One Hour Town Hall in Every New Hampshire County
December 23: Major Rally in Nashua
December 25: Internet Christmas Address
December 27: Major Rally in Las Vegas
December 28-30: Bus Touring Rural Nevada

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 09:26:32 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: It's clear why Mike is desperate and hysterically panicking, he knows I'll beat him-badly. I'm asking for your support to get it done.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2020, 12:09:25 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2020, 04:05:21 PM by KaiserDave »

Opening Statement
Thank you CNN and Anderson for hosting this debate, I'm excited to debate yet again. The past few months have made something very very clear. Americans are looking for change, and they're looking for a winning coalition against Mike Pence and his presidential catastrophe. This catastrophe is wrecking hurt on every American. Hard working miners and factory workers see their pay stubs stagnant as CEOs make millions, farmers can't pay their bills or put food on the table because of this administration's insane trade policy, storms and floods wreck Iowa, Nebraska, while Mike Pence parrots the denial and lies demanded by his mega donors. Mike Pence insists that we need tax breaks for the super rich to boost our economy. I say no, Americans say no. My campaign is a broad coalition of Americans from all corners of the country that rejects the Trump/Pence disaster and wants a progressive, populist agenda. If elected, I'll fight for the people like Mike Pence never can or will.

Personal Question
Well Anderson I reject that completely. Time and time again Mike Pence shows he is terrified of our campaign. Every tweet he dispenses out mentions me or one of his stupid nicknames for me, and every time I’m in the news because of the comprehensive and extensive policy proposals I’m making, he tweets some all caps nonsense about sending me to jail. He’s afraid of our campaign and me, and he’s afraid of the coalition I’m putting together. My campaign’s coalition is broad, very broad, that’s why Congressman Moulton and Senator Booker endorsed me, because my campaign is a winning coalition. From farmers in Iowa to small business owners in New Hampshire and South Carolina all the way to entrepreneurs in California and coal miners, yes coal miners in Kentucky and West Virginia. This campaign is about working people and families, and this campaign will beat Mike Pence. And let’s make something else clear, Mike Pence’s attacks on me, on Stacey, and on our party, and his tax shams serve to mask the truth, Mike Pence is not a populist, Mike Pence is not a man of the people. He’s just like Trump before him, pretending to care for working people, while at the same time accepting hundreds of thousands in campaign cash from industries that rip off working people and then trying to give them a tax break. I will beat Mike Pence because I’m running on a real populist platform, a progressive platform, and I will beat him badly.

Closing Statement
This election is extremely important, we must beat Mike Pence. Or else we face 4 more years, perhaps more of our democracy being undermined, basic decency cast aside, and the working people of this country being abused and discarded. If elected I'll bring back decency, stability, and patriotism, and a government that is off and by the people, and that serves the people. We will take our democracy, and protect the constitution. Enough of a government that serves the super rich and big corporations, I will as President have only one special interest, and that is the American people. It's time for the people's government, and the people's house! Thank you and God Bless America!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 05:36:35 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: Mike Pence sells out America yet again with another broken deal-we can do better and we will.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies