Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:20:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31359 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2020, 12:20:56 PM »

RAND PAUL SPEECH #4 : A STATEMENT ON THE PRESIDENT'S RECENT ACTIONS CONSIDERING TERM LIMITS (August 15th, 2019; Denver City, Gaines County, Texas)

"Well, it seems like the President wants to attempt to hijack a movement. It is true that he wanted to impose term limits onto Congress, but this idea only came up recently. Meanwhile, I have always been for Congressional Term Limits and I have even signed onto my term limit pledge, something that President Pence never motioned for while in Congress. Furthermore, he didn't even try to push for these term limits to go through congress. had he at least attempted to get it passed through congress, I would've voted in favor. However, he failed to do so while I brought it to a vote in congress. Something like this simply can't be introduced as a bill or vague policy idea during an election that might never be fulfilled after it. It must be brought up to a vote in Congress now. As the Roman Poet once said, "Carpe Diem!" and I jumped onto the opportunity the present presented to me. Already, I have begun rallying support for the amendment in Congress and across the country, with the United States Senate Leadership already examining the proposed amendment.

The President, now upset that he failed to seize his moment and push for the amendment in Congress before I did, now wants to try and push for his own amendment to this proposed Amendment, attempting to "Make the Bill More Acceptable to Congress." yet if he had been in favor of term limits, he would've supported the amendment being pushed, no matter who is peddling it. This Amendment is even getting something that is increasingly rare in this day and age, Bi-Partisan support and yet the president is looking to extend the Process by several weeks or even months to soothe his own envy at not introducing his bill first.

The President's proposed amendment gives too small a window for replacement generations to take over in Congress, offering 12 years instead of an 18 years that could allow generations to grow up and for certain individuals to gain the experience necessary to run. And then he states that attempting to bring up age limits to office is simply impossible when we witnessed several deaths in the Senate and House by Natural or Accidental Causes in the last two decades alone. 30, in fact, with 25 of them being above the age of 59 and 16 of them being above the age of 69. That is a number that I deem too large and I think many congressmen would agree with me as well. I agree that my ideas on what happens if an Incumbent turns 70 or above during their tenure in the Senate and I will willingly address that I recommend that I will at least add in that should a member of Congress turn 70 or above during their tenure, they will not be allowed to run for another term unless it is their third term and if a Candidate running will turn 70 in their first year, then they will be barred from running as well.

As for the President saying "if they suffer of a medical condition that makes them mentally incapable of fulfilling their duties", I already addressed the issue in the bill itself "No person shall be allowed to run for office in Congress should they be suffering from fatal illness or be over the age of 70." and a fatal illness can be considered a medical condition that makes one mentally incapable, especially when you take into account that this would include things such as Cancer, Hemorrhages, Parkinson's, Dementia, and other various things that could cause a person to perish over time. What the President simply did was take a sentence I was saying and attempt to turn it into something else seem like his own idea.

Mr. President, I am asking you, not as an opponent, but as a fellow American, to put aside your personal feelings and instead support the bill I already pushed towards Congress. This is an issue that needs to be taking head on and should the bill pass both legislatures, I will not consider it my victory, just as you shouldn't consider it your victory. Instead, it should be considered everyone's victory, for we all worked together to make it happen. I want everyone here and at home to take notice of what the President does next, as I have laid out my response and case here right now. If he refuses to support the amendment I already proposed to Congress, then we will know he isn't fighting for the American people and instead for his own personal vanity. If he does decide to support the bill, however, then I believe we should all applaud and thank him for getting on board with a term limit amendment that most Americans can agree with./i]"
RGM2609
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Unless Senator Rand Paul doesn't know, I can't just propose everything to the Congress in a moment. I chose to do it in an order so everything gets the debate it needed. Term limits amendment was coming. And I have all right to propose my own version for a certain policy proposal both as President, politician and citizen. I don't see anything shameful about proposing my own version to do something, Rand Paul is trying to...

...suggest that having 2 versions of a policy that the Congress can choose from is somehow a national tragedy. I say it is democracy at its best and I am sure all Americans agree with me! The more viewpoints being considered, the better. That is what conservatism is all about, but Rand Paul doesn't know that because he isn't one.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2020, 12:38:19 PM »

Rand Paul Press Response

"The President has made his case clear to the American people. Everyone can now see it and discuss it openly. This is the last time the Paul Campaign will focus on the President and his rabid rants. Now, it is time to focus on the issues and the issues of this campaign alone."
RGM2609
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »

Good to hear that Paul will focus on policy ideas from now on (if he even has any). He wasn't saying anything interesting before anyway.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »

Gillibrand Launches Iowa 99 County Tour
Photo Made by Me

Tour Launch: Alvord, Iowa
I'm proud to announce today that I will be emarking on a 99 County Tour of this beautiful state. I want to go from right here, in the very Northwest Corner of Iowa, all the way down to the South East. I want to meet so many of you, hear about your story, hear about your ideas, your family, and you. Politics to me has never been about myself, it's been about the people that I serve. A leader cannot truly act on the interests of their constituents and their citizens, if they don't know them, and know their problems. I hope that you all join me on this tour, and help us take this fight to the White House.
RGM2609
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2020, 04:33:30 PM »

Pence White House working on tax reform 3.0 as well as legislation on energy, immigration and defense

The Administration prepares a new wave of proposals just before January comes in. While they mostly agreed on a child care plan, the President still insists for meeting Ivanka Trump before proposing anything. However, they are working on legislation on energy, immigration and defense, as well as on tax reform 3.0 which is the Administration's main priority. They hope this slightly changed new version will get the additional vote needed in the House to be enacted in 2020. Some officials hope for a new effort on health care, but President Pence and his strategists seem skeptical on going any further on this issue for now after the debacle the GOP suffered in 2017. It remains to be seen whether they can be persuaded.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 04:52:05 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand April Schedule
Credit to Flickr for the Photo

March 1st - 27th: Iowa
99 County Tour:
Day One:
- Launch Tour, Alvord Iowa

Day Two:
- Speech in Sibley, Iowa
- Speech in Spriti Lake, Iowa
- Speech in Estherville, Iowa

Day Two:
- Speech in Algona, Iowa
- Speech in Forest City, Iowa
- Speech in Garner, Iowa
- Speech in Mason City, Iowa

Day Three:
- Speech in Northwood, Iowa
- Speech in Osage, Iowa
- Speech in Charles City, Iowa
- Speech in New Hampton, Iowa

Day Four:
- Speech in Cresco, Iowa
- Speech in Decorah, Iowa
- Speech in Waukton, Iowa
- Speech in West Union, Iowa

Day Five:
- Speech in Elkader, Iowa
- Speech in Waverly, Iowa
- Speech in Allison, Iowa
- Speech in Hampton, Iowa

Day Six:
- Speech in Clarion, Iowa
- Speech in Dakota City, Iowa
- Speech in Pocahontas, Iowa
- Speech in Emmetsburg, Iowa
- Speech in Spencer, Iowa

Day Seven:
- Speech in Storm Lake, Iowa
- Speech in Cherokee, Iowa
- Speech in Primghar, Iowa
- Speech in Orange City, Iowa

Day Eight:
- Speech in Le Mars, Iowa
- Speech in Sioux City, Iowa
- Speech in Ida Grove, Iowa
- Speech in Sac City, Iowa

Day Nine:
- Speech in Rockwell City, Iowa
- Speech in Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Speech in Webster City, Iowa
- Speech in Eldora, Iowa
- Speech in Grundy Center, Iowa

Day Ten:
- Speech in Waterloo, Iowa
- Speech in Independence, Iowa
- Speech in Manchester, Iowa
- Speech in Dubuque, Iowa
- Speech in Maquoketa, Iowa

Day Eleven:
- Speech in Anamosa, Iowa
- Speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Speech in Vinton, Iowa
- Speech in Toledo, Iowa
- Speech in Marshalltown, Iowa

Day Twelve:
- Speech in Nevada, Iowa
- Speech in Boone, Iowa
- Speech in Jeferson, Iowa
- Speech in Carroll, Iowa
- Speech in Denison, Iowa

Day Thirteen:
- Speech in Onawa, Iowa
- Speech in Logan, Iowa
- Speech in Harlan, Iowa
- Speech in Audubon, Iowa
- Speech in Guthrie Center, Iowa

Day Fourteen:
- Speech in Adel, Iowa
- Speech in Des Moines, Iowa
- Speech in Newton, Iowa
- Speech in Montezuma, Iowa
- Speech in Marengo, Iowa

Day Fifteen:
- Rest

Day Sixteen:
- Speech in Iowa City, Iowa
- Speech in Tipton, Iowa
- Speech in Clinton, Iowa
- Speech in Davenport, Iowa
- Speech in Muscantine, Iowa

Day Seventeen:
- Speech in Wapello, Iowa
- Speech in Washington, Iowa
- Speech in Sigourney, Iowa
- Speech in Oskaloosa, Iowa
- Speech in Knoxville, Iowa

Day Eighteen:
- Speech in Indianola, Iowa
- Speech in Winterset, Iowa
- Speech in Greenfield, Iowa
- Speech in Atlantic, Iowa
- Speech in Council Bluffs, Iowa

Day Nineteen:
- Rest
Day Twenty:
- Speech in Glenwood, Iowa
- Speech in Red Oak, Iowa
- Speech in Corning, Iowa
- Speech in Creston, Iowa
- Speech in Osceola, Iowa

Day Twenty One:
- Speech in Chariton, Iowa
- Speech in Albria, Iowa
- Speech in Ottumwa, Iowa
- Speech in Fairfield, Iowa
- Speech in Mount Pleasant, Iowa

Day Twenty Two:
- Speech in Burlington, Iowa
- Speech in Fort Madison, Iowa
- Speech in Keosauqua, Iowa
- Speech in Bloomfield, Iowa
- Speech in Centerville, Iowa

Day Twenty Three:
- Speech in Corydon, Iowa
- Speech in Leon, Iowa

Day Twenty Four:
- Speech in Mount Ayr, Iowa
- Speech in Bedford, Iowa
- Speech in Clarinda, Iowa

Day Twenty Five:
- Speech in Sidney, Iowa

Day Twenty Six:
- Rest

Day Twenty Seven:
- Finale in Des Moines, Iowa

March 28th - 31st: New Hampshire
Keene, New Hampshire
- Speech with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Put up Billboards and Signs
- Sign Wave
- Meet with Local College Students

Mount Washington, New Hampshire
- Open new Campaign Office
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Sign Wave

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Meet with Local Seniors
- Attend Local Festival
- Put up Billboards
RGM2609
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2020, 06:17:20 PM »

Mike Pence to visit Russia in December 2019

As the Press Secretary announced today, the Pence Administration planned a visit in Russia with Vladimir Putin in December 2019. He is planning to discuss Ukraine, Syria, Iran and other important areas in which conflict exists. Many Administration staffers are saying that big announcements are to be expected out of this meeting.
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2020, 08:17:12 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2020, 06:45:57 PM by loganzombieoftime »

Steve King Endorses Alex Jones - April 17, 2019

(Brian Frank/Reuters)

IA-04 Representative Steve King endorsed Alex Jones during a Jones rally in Sioux City. A quote from his endorsement:

Every time I’ve been asked who I will support to succeed the great Donald Trump, whether it be at a town hall, a legislative meeting, or with my family, my answer has always been the same. I will support the candidate who will protect the legacy of President Trump. Many of the candidates we have seen support globalism and multiculturalism. Those were the very things Trump ran against - and won. I know there is only one candidate who, like Donald Trump, believes in America first.

And I think you all know as well

Alex Jones has fought for the American people his entire life. He is not afraid what the left thinks. When he gets banned from social media for telling the truth, he doesn’t apologize. He keeps fighting. He’s not doing it for the money, not for the fame, he is doing it for America. Infowars has told the truth when others could not. Most importantly, his policies are in line with what America needed to keep thriving. He will repeal the confusing and ineffective income tax and replace it with a simple and fair consumption tax. He will put America first and avoid joining our country into bad deals for the sake of “globalism”. He will change the way social media works so we are all given our 1st amendment rights no matter what party or ideology you are. He will keep America great. Other candidates want to reverse everything Trump has done, my friend Alex wants to expand on Trump’s presidency. That's why I support Alex Jones. I hope you will join me in supporting and eventually caucusing Alex Jones next February.

Jones hopes to have a strong showing in Iowa, the first contest of the primaries, to show he is a serious contender and to overcome the media (social media and the news media) blackout of his campaign.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2020, 02:40:35 PM by Entropy In Action »

LEGISLATION ROUNDUP (EDUCATION)

MICHELLE RHEE CONFIRMATION VOTE*

Aye: 54 (All GOP + Manchin)
Nay: 46
Secretary Rhee confirmed.

SCHOOL CHOICE BILL SENATE VOTE*
Aye: 55 (All "Aye" above + Gillibrand)
Nay: 45
Bill proceeds to House.

SCHOOL CHOICE BILL HOUSE VOTE*
Aye: 206
Nay: 227
Bill fails.

*As usual, if Senators or Representatives would like me to change their votes, please let me know.
RGM2609
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2020, 12:20:20 PM »

Great news that Michelle Rhee was confirmed to be Secretary of Education! I've got my full confidence in her as a reformer of a broken education system. Speaking of the system, it's sad to see that Dems will keep a lot of students (ESPECIALLY POOR HISPANICS AND AFRICAN AMERICANS) trapped in public schools which are horrifying failures instead of offering them the opportunity of better education. This will be my priority if re-elected.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2020, 06:57:24 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And this is your election update.

Blitzer: And this week marked by the confirmation of Secretary Michelle Rhee and the subsequent failure of the President's school choice legislation.

King: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at cnn.com.

Blitzer: Numerous endorsements also flying, with almost all candidates receiving at least one.

Blitzer: That said, tonight we have a very special guest, Governor Steve Bullock of Montana. Governor Bullock, glad to have you on here.

Bullock: Glad to be here, Wolf.

Blitzer: Glad to hear it. Now, you’ve taken a more moderate tack on a number of issues, even drawing praise from the President for pointing out the fiscal irresponsibility of his tax cuts rather than unilaterally declaring it a tax cut for the rich that doesn’t benefit the middle class. What makes you believe this approach will be more viable among both Democratic and general election voters?

Bullock: I believe that, in this divided era, moderate views and approaches are refreshing to most American voters. Sure, you have people on the far left and right who are completely unreceptive to these views, but most Americans, whether Democratic, Republican, or Independent, are tired of Washington's hyperpartisan environment, and would be willing to vote for someone who's going to challenge this environment and bring unity back to the politics of these United States. The goal of my approach is to be the standard-bearer for this movement, and I am confident I can use it to win both the primary and the general election.

Blitzer: The partisan gridlock ends with you, I see. Now, you were viewed as one of the top finishers in CNN’s own Commander-in-Chief Forum earlier this year, according to a recent poll by AP News. What about your message do you think connected with so many voters?

Bullock: I think that my emphasis on unity and getting things done in Washington really resonated with voters. For all of recent memory, our federal government has been a symbol of bureaucratic inefficiency and partisan deadlock, and these perceptions were justified, as the passage of major legislation was a rare phenomenon. This remains true today - the only two major legislative additions made by Trump and Pence were the 2017 tax cuts and the recent infrastructure bill, and the former bill was basically a partisan affair. I believe nearly all Americans have tired of this, so my aim to work with all sides to pass urgently needed and quality legislation is relateable to many. Also, as I mentioned earlier, Americans have tired of the message of divisiveness being spread by the extremes of the Republican and Democratic parties that has become increasingly prominent in recent years.

Blitzer: A good message, given some pundits have spoken openly of civil war. Now, assuming you do win, what would your first 100 days be like?

Bullock: To be completely honest, because of how Congress works, I don't expect to have much passed by the 100-day mark. However, that doesn't mean I won't try. Upon taking office, I will start numerous initiatives, both legislative and otherwise, to ensure that Americans will get the reforms and new laws that they deserve by the end of my term. Firstly, I'll create a Presidential Commission on the environment. Climate change is perhaps the biggest crisis of our time, and as the world's superpower it's our duty to lead the charge in mitigating its effects. The goal of this Presidential Commission will be to evaluate the severity of the problem, both in the United States and globally, as well as the timeline for potential crisis points, like sea level rise. They will also be tasked with advising my administration and Congress with potential solutions, involving both the legislative and executive branches, that could help stop or even reverse its effects on our nation and others. I intend to appoint qualified candidates to the commission, such as professors from America's great universities and experts from both public and private fields. I will also have America re-join the Paris Climate Agreement. Secondly, I'll introduce multiple plans to Congress for consideration. A healthcare plan that creates a quality, low-cost, and optional government healthcare plan based on Medicaid to ensure that all Americans are receiving quality healthcare coverage. New, reasonable, gun control codes to finally bring an end to the age of horrific, heart-wrenching school shootings. Flexible energy subsidy grants to states to advance renewable energy across the nation and end the age of oil for good. And, a tax code that eliminates loopholes and ensures that the rich and corporations pay their fair share. During my first 100 days, I'll work with both sides of Congress and the public to craft and refine these plans, and through this process I hope to have strong, bipartisan plans addressing all these issues by the end of the year.

Blitzer: Brutal honestly better than sweet lies. Now, before you go, Governor, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be.

Bullock: I'd like to emphasize the importance of pragmatism. Candidates to both my left and right are proposing aggressive ideas, like Medicare-for-All and drastic tax cuts, that sound revolutionary and appealing on paper. But, more importantly, they don't specify how they're going to support these plans, and where the money may come from. One of my major criticisms of Pence's failed tax plan was that it would require drawing funds from Obamacare, and the larger tax cuts some Republicans have proposed would gut other programs as well. To me, it seems like these tax cuts allow the rich to cheat the government of money while depriving the poor of the healthcare coverage and government aid they need to survive and succeed. On the other side, some of my fellow Democrats have proposed things such as Medicare-for-All, free college, and other plans that are solidly on the left of the political spectrum. While these plans would certainly help many in a vacuum, my colleagues didn't say how they were going to pay for these plans. Raising taxes on the rich can only provide so much money - these expensive projects would require tax hikes on the middle and lower classes, also known as regular Americans. I'm sad to see my fellow candidates ignoring this reality. As I've said before, as President I'll balance the need to control our debt with the need to provide more services for our citizens and the Earth that we live on. Lastly, I'd like to thank Wolf, CNN, and you viewers out there for making this interview possible.

Blitzer: Governor Bullock, always a pleasure to have you on.

Bullock: Likewise, Wolf.

Blitzer: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in on Wednesday for our interview with President Mike Pence.*

Blitzer: Until then, I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.

*: Due to no response to interview questions (sorry if I forgot to send them; I did write them up), I'm temporarily assuming Ivanka is AFK; if I get some responses, her interview will go forward as planned.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Releases Ad Online and in Iowa

"Like many Americans, I have firsthand experience with the opioid epidemic that is wracking our nation. I was raised by my grandparents because my mother was battling an addiction to opioids. In 2017, she died, and I decided I would honor her legacy by working to end this crisis and make sure no one has to fight this on their own."

"Since the 90s, we've seen a dramatic uptick in abuse, even while we have restricted overprescribing from medical professionals. I've heard from Americans, and we all agree that we can and should do more."

"As Senator of Wisconsin, I have fought to increase funding for community-based treatment and worked to halt illicit fentanyl intake into our country. As President, I will work to treat addiction as a public health crisis rather than a crime, increase access to Narcan to prevent deaths from overdoses, and legalize marijuana to allow alternatives to opioids to manage pain."

"I'm Tammy Baldwin, and I approve this message."
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:18 PM »

Opening
Hello, I am Seth Moulton and I am running for President of the United States this upcoming November, I have served as a Marine infantry commander, a fighter for freedom and equality, and a United States Congressman from Massachusetts. When I commanded one of the first Marine platoons into the city of Baghdad in 2003, it was not for a war I believed in, but it was for my brothers and sisters in uniform that I did it. the motto of the corps is Semper Fi, Always Faithful, words for every citizen to live by. I won't make my experience in the military an issue in this campaign, because if you ask a veteran what they think of grandstanding politicians, who don't walk their talk, they don't care about party they care about policy. That's why I ran for Congress, and that's why I'm running for President. We need a President who puts country over party and puts the people over politics.

Question
I didn't work to fight the tax cuts, to be known for it here on the debate stage. I fought the tax cuts because they didn't help who would need them the most. In Iowa, I met a farmer who's struggling to make ends meet because of the tariffs, In New Hampshire, I met a family who had lost a father and son to the opioid crisis, and in Lowell, Massachusetts I saw a town get ripped to shreds over my entire life by the loss of the textile industry. I won't fight legislation put forward by anyone that helps those people, those in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Lowell who need the help. I will fight legislation that puts the people in the back seat and the President's "image" in the driver's seat. We need a President who has seen the dark side of things, and I have a message for President Pence today, I would like to work with you, to help fix Veterans Healthcare in this nation, why? Because those who have spent their lives protecting this nation and working for freedom and safety have been neglected, by both Democrats and Republicans for too long.

Closing statement

When I came to Washington, I came to create a better nation for my children. One where they will not be hampered by the bad policies of their predecessors, one where they won't be afraid of being shot and killed in school, and one where no parent and no child has to lose a loved one to opioid addiction. Together with me on this stage tonight is a group of career politicians and insiders. When I was in Iraq, it was to protect the men and women around me from harm. When I am in Washington it is to protect my constituents and my nation from harm, and when I am President my duty will be to my nation, my people, and my family. As I run for President, I am running not just in my own future, but the future of my children, and the future of our nation. I plead for you to give me the chance to launch America into a bright future, and not into a misguided, dark path.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2020, 03:37:47 PM »

Abrams online ad in Iowa and South Carolina
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2020, 08:06:26 PM »

Gillibrand May Schedule

May 1st - 10th: Iowa
Ledyard, Iowa
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Door to Door with Volunteers
- Speak with Teachers at Local High School
- Release Plan for Workplace Sexual Assault Prevention
- Barnstorm Rural Areas

Leon, Iowa
- Hire and Train new Staff
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Barnstorm Rural Areas
- Fundraiser
- Attend Local Concert

Logan, Iowa
- Hire and Train new Staff
- Barnstorm Rural Areas
- Meet with Local Union Workers

Algona, Iowa
- Barnstorm Rural Areas

May 11th - 29th: Nevada
Rowland, Nevada
- Rally with Sen. Jacky Rosen and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Meet Local Union Workers

Mountain City, Nevada
- House Party

Austin, Nevada

Elgin, Nevada
- House Party

Lida, Nevada

Gabbs, Nevada

North Folk, Nevada
- House Party

Steptoe, Nevada

Thousand Springs, Nevada
- Fundraiser

Smith, Nevada
- House Party

Nixon, Nevada
- Meet Local Farmers

Charleston, Nevada

Ione, Nevada
- Meet Local Teachers

Unionville, Nevada

May 30th: California
Bakersfield, California
- Fundraiser
- Release Plan to End Climate Change
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »

Gillibrand Launches Ad, "Impossible" to be aired in IA, NH, NV, SC, CA, NY, and NJ
All Images Obtained on Flickr

They want to take away Healthcare from millions of Americans
They're attempting to make abortion illegal
They're trying to buy our elections.
We can't tune it out. We've got to shut it down.
I won't apologize for only nominating judges that support a Woman's Right to Choose.
I don't care if politicians are scared about my plan to get big money out of politics.
I'm proud that I supported Medicare for All Who Want It before it was popular.
Nothing is Impossible, if we fight for it.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, and I approve this message.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »

Let's Get to Work

Image from Flickr
New ad for Abrams 2020 aired in Iowa, Nevada, South Carolina, and California

Various reporters say Stacey’s name...

Stacey (during campaign speech): We are writing the next path of America’s future.

Reporter from the Today show (reporting from 2018): Abrams has won the Democratic nomination in a landslide..76% for Abrams, 24% for Evans…

Another reporter from CBS News: A very big night for Ms. Abrams

Stacey: I’m the child of a shipyard worker and a college librarian who was called to become United Methodist ministers.

Pictures of a young Stacey Abrams flash on the screen

Stacey: And I grew up the second of six children, my parents instilled in us the core values of faith, of family, of service, and responsibility. Hard work is in my bones. If we embrace our obligation to live up to America’s tradition of pride and of promise, we can lead a stronger nation. A more compassionate nation, a bold and ambitious nation. We can show the Stars and Stripes something new and we can fight together for the good of all! I want every American family to have the freedom and opportunity to thrive! You deserve nothing less, and I know America can deliver a whole lot more. Together, we will renew the respect for the dignity of work in every field, in every sector, and every state in this great nation! Everybody wins when we choose to honor hard work with wages you can raise a family on. We will invest in thousands of small businesses that keep our nation alive!

Reporter: Stacey Abrams’s campaign for President has captured the attention of leaders and voters across the country.

Stacey during local interview in Charleston: What’s more impressive to me are all who are hearing their voices reflected for the first time.

Reporter: Ms. Abrams is running a campaign based on her non-Washington government experience, even calling herself “the outsider’s insider”

Stacey (in a separate interview on CNN’s New Day): I’m excited, we’ve got a tough race ahead, but I’m confident we’ll do well in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada and I think we’ll win in South Carolina, we’ll win big, I’m confident of that. We’re building a coalition of voters, bringing Democrats, former Republicans, Independents, first-time voters, immigrants, workers, students, teachers, everyone from every walk of life and every age to our campaign. Bringing people together for the common good. We’ve got a new opportunity because America has changed dramatically over the last 50 years. This is just the tip of the iceberg. This campaign is seeking to redefine what it means to be a leader in Washington, what it means to be the President of the United States of America. Now, all we have to do is get it done and get to work!

Stacey (voiceover): I’m Stacey Abrams and I approve this message.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2020, 04:45:53 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
Jones, Merkley named debate winners by plurality of voters.
Pence, Paul tie for second in GOP debate, Klobuchar runner-up in Dem debate

Surveys of 2148 voters (evenly conducted among Democrats and Republicans, with 630 independents) conducted by Gallup found that 44% of Republicans and conservative leaning independents believe InfoWars host Alex Jones won last week's Republican presidential debate, while 28% apiece said Senator Rand Paul and President Mike Pence performed the best. This comes as a surprise, given the fact that Jones, prior to the debate, had only 4% support in the Republican primaries.

Among Democrats and liberal-leaning independents, 35% said they most approved of Senator Jeff Merkley's performance (again a surprise, as Merkley had not previously been doing well in polling, either), followed by those of Senator Amy Klobuchar (28%), Representative Seth Moulton (21%), and Senator Tammy Baldwin (11%). No other candidate was most supported by more than 10% of voters, although no candidate received an approval rating of their debate performance lower than 70%.

OOC: Per this, come Saturday, Messrs Jones and Merkley will receive three additional endorsement credits, and Messrs Pence and Paul, as well as Mrs. Klobuchar, will receive two additional credits. Also, these debates were very close, so don't despair if you didn't do as well as you hoped.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »

Gillibrand June Schedule

June 1st - 5th: New York
New York City, New York
- Fundraiser
- Attend Pride Parade
- Speak at NYU
- Door to Door with Staffers
- Sign Waving in Times Square
- Speak about College Tuition Costs

Albany, New York
- Fundraiser
- Attend Pride Parade

Buffalo, New York
- Fundraiser
- Door to Door with Staffers

Syracuse, New York
- Fundraiser
- Pride Parade

June 6th - 10th: Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pride Parade
- Fundraiser
- Speak about Reproductive Rights at Local Women's Health Center

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pride Parade
- Fundraiser

Erie, Pennsylvania
- Pride Parade
- Launch "Heartland for Kirsten" Initiative

June 11th - 18th: New Hampshire
Derry, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Fundraiser

Rochester, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Meet with Local Labor Unions

Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Fundraiser
- Meet with Local Teachers

Londonberry, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Attend Local Concert

Hampton, New Hampshire
- Fundraiser
- Meet with Homeless at Homeless Shelter

Durham, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade

Littleton, New Hampshire
- Pride Parade
- Meet with Local Union Leaders

June 19th - 25th: Florida
Miami, Florida
- Pride Parade
- "Latinos para Kirsten" Event

Orlando, Florida
- Speak about Gun Violence at Pulse Night Club
- Pride Parade

Tampa, Florida
- Meet with Local Union Workers
- Speak about Climate Plan

Jacksonville, Florida
- Speak about Plan for Racial Justice

Pensacola, Florida
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Speak about Plan for Social Security

St. Petersburg, Florida
- Fundraiser

Key West, Florida
- Meet with Seniors
- Speak about Plan for Social Security

June 26th - 30th: Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri
- Speak about Plan for Racial Justice
- Fundraiser

Springfield, Missouri
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez
- Pride Parade

Branson, Missouri
- Pride Parade
- Meet with Local Union Members

Kansas City, Missouri
- Speak about Plan for Healthcare
- Interview via Skype on CBS

June 31st: Iowa
Altoona, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Speak about Plan for Farmers
- Meet with Local Farmers
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2020, 08:45:19 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2020, 08:58:42 PM by Entropy In Action »

SECOND DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
(all images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Cooper: Good evening. I'm Anderson Cooper, and I'll be moderating this second Democratic presidential debate in Detroit, MI. I'm here with...

...former Georgia State House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams...

...US Senator from Wisconsin Tammy Baldwin...

...US Senator from New Jersey Cory Booker...

...Montana Governor Steve Bullock...

...North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper...

...US Senator from New York Kirsten Gillibrand...

...US Senator from California Kamala Harris...

...US Senator from Minnesota Amy Klobuchar...

...US Senator from Oregon Jeff Merkley...

...US Representative from Massachusetts Seth Moulton...

...billionaire activist Tom Steyer...

...tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang...

...and former TV host Jon Stewart.

Cooper: Candidates will give an opening statement, answer one specific question, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation. So, without further ado, let's start.

Specific Questions

To Ms. Abrams: You've been a proud antagonist of voter suppression since your narrow defeat in the Georgia gubernatorial race last year. As President, how would you take on voter disenfranchisement on a national scale?

To Senator Baldwin: Unlike many of the candidates on this stage, you have openly voiced support for Medicare for All as Senator Bernie Sanders originally envisioned it. Why do you think it is the best system for the American people?

To Senator Booker: Both you and Ms. Abrams have been endorsed by prominent members and organizations from the African-American community. What makes you think you would be the better President for black America?

To Governor Bullock: You said in a recent interview with CNN that you would attempt to pass common sense gun reform in your first year in office. However, despite widespread support for such a measure, the Republicans have blocked every attempt by past Presidents to do so. What makes you think it will be different for you?

To Governor Cooper: As Governor of a key swing state, you have a unique insight into the eyes of critical general election voters. What do you believe North Carolinians think of the President's proposed legislation?

To Senator Gillibrand: You've already released numerous plans detailing your presidential platform. Many previous presidential candidates have been less willing to do so, for fear of their plans coming under attack from members of their own or other parties. What makes you more confident in the platform you're laying out?

To Senator Harris: You have been described as "the next Obama," despite the fact that the original Obama is now supporting Senator Booker. Why do you believe the media often casts you in that light, anyway?

To Senator Klobuchar: You and Senator Baldwin are Senators from neighboring states, yet you've been running almost on opposite sides of the field to each other. Why do you think a more moderate approach is better for the nation?

To Senator Merkley: You've stated that you believe that a strategy that works more to motivate the party base will win back the White House from the Republicans. What do you say to those who want to tack more to the middle to win back swing voters?

To Representative Moulton: You're running well ahead of your competition among veterans. Do you attribute this to your own military service, or is there something else you think they see in you?

To Mr. Steyer: The President has commonly referred to you as the "Democratic Koch," and you have responded that he is "afraid of your progressive movement." Do you believe your vast personal wealth is part of the cause of that fear?

To Mr. Yang: Your hallmark proposal has been a $1000 a month universal basic income. At $12000 a year per adult American citizen, this would cost more than $2.5 trillion. How do you intend to pay for such a program?

To Mr. Stewart: Your campaign slogan is "Stoned Slackers Unite!" As a result, many believe you're not taking this campaign seriously. Are you trying to win, or simply trying to drum up support for a cause?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Launches Digital Ad in IA, NH, NV, SC, CA, IL, and PA
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2020, 08:54:11 PM »

Alex Jones 2020 - Win the War for America! - Campaign Schedule for April and May

Jim Lo Scalzo/EPA, via Shutterstock

April
April 1st - Jones flies to Chicago.
April 2nd - Jones hosts rally in Chicago with former IL-03 candidate Arthur Jones. The rally was closed doors to prevent any protests.
April 4th - Jones hosts rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
April 5th - Jones hosts a fundraiser in crucial Waukesha county with several infowars activists.
April 6th - Jones hosts rally in Madison, Wisconsin. Despite a warning from Antifa, the rally went smoothly.
April 8th - Jones hosts rally with questions in Dubuque, Iowa. Attendance was strong at his first Iowa event.
April 9th (Morning) - Jones hosts a town hall in Maquoketa, Iowa.
April 9th (Evening) - Jones hosts a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
April 10th - Jones hosts rally with questions in Iowa City, Iowa. There were several protests, mainly University of Iowa students.
April 12th - Jones hosts rally in Des Moines, Iowa. This is his largest Iowa event by far.
April 13th - Jones hosts a town hall in Ames, Iowa. A quote from a voter asking a question:
Mr. Jones, I keep hearing about how the economy is doing great but I am not seeing any more money in my paycheck. Should I be able to share in the American dream?

Of course you should. Look, we have been lied to about the economy for at least the last 10 years. The big banks and big companies use averages to disguise their record profits as you doing well. It’s not true. The people are suffering and it is time to do something about it. Trump started this with his tax cuts and getting us out of bad deals like the TPP. I’m here to finish it. We need to completely restructure our tax system to reward hard work. We also need to focus on holding companies responsible for once. I will stop Google, Facebook, and other companies from buying our elections. That money will go right back into your paycheck.
April 14th - Jones hosts a town hall in Webster City, Iowa.
April 15th - Jones hosts rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
April 16th - Jones hosts rally with questions in Storm Lake, Iowa. He focused on education, a major issue in the community.
April 17th - Jones rally in Sioux City with Steve King (see earlier post for quote from speech). Steve King will campaign for Jones throughout Iowa during Congressional vacations until caucus day.
April 20th - Jones hosts a town hall in Onawa, Iowa.
April 21st - Jones hosts a town hall in Missouri Valley, Iowa.
April 23rd - Jones hosts a rally with questions in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
April 24th - Jones hosts a town hall in Shenandoah, Iowa.
April 25th - Jones flies to Seattle, Washington.
April 27th - Jones speaks at a gun rights rally in Olympia, Washington. He had a positive reception among the several thousand people in attendance.
April 29th - Jones hosts a fundraiser in Tacoma, Washington.
April 30th - Jones hosts a rally in Seattle, Washington. The large number of protesters generated much local news coverage.

May
May 2nd-4th - Jones returns to Austin, Texas to host a special Infowars broadcast. He raises several hundred thousand dollars.
May 5th - Jones flies to Pennsylvania.
May 6th - Jones speaks at a gun rights rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
May 7th - Jones hosts rally in York, Pennsylvania.
May 8th - Jones hosts a fundraiser in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
May 9th - Jones hosts rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Despite many protesters, the rally went well with a large attendance
May 12th - Jones hosts rally in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
May 13th - Jones hosts rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
May 14th - Jones flies to Nevada.
May 16th (morning) - Jones hosts rally in Las Vegas, Nevada.
May 16th (evening) - Jones celebrates first campaign office opening in Nevada.
May 17th - Jones hosts rally with questions in Henderson, Nevada. He focuses on immigration.
May 18th - Jones hosts a town hall in Pahrump, Nevada.
May 20th - Jones hosts a town hall in Pioche, Nevada.
May 21th - Jones hosts a town hall in Ely, Nevada. He received many questions about the local copper mining industry, to which he responded that we should get out of bad trade deals threatening the copper industry and we should allow these mines to grow and create jobs.
May 22nd - Jones hosts a town hall in Eureka, Nevada. With a population of only a few hundred, the town hall attendance fit into a living room.
May 23rd - Jones hosts rally in Elko, Nevada. He focused on the large gold mining industry, similar to the copper industry and Ely.
May 25th - Jones hosts a town hall in Battle Mountain, Nevada. Gold industry was a big theme here as well.
May 26th - Jones hosts a town hall in Winnemucca, Nevada.
May 27th - Jones hosts a town hall in Lovelock, Nevada.
May 28th - Jones hosts a rally with questions in Fallon, Nevada. This concluded his tour of rural Nevada.
May 30th - Jones hosts a rally in Reno, Nevada. He touches on a variety of local issues such as education and transportation.

With regards to his Nevada strategy, Jones believes he will get much of his support in rural Nevada as well as moderate support from Reno and Vegas suburbs.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2020, 08:55:18 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2020, 11:53:07 AM by Entropy In Action »

SECOND REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
(all images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Ingraham: Good evening. I'm Laura Ingraham, and I'll be moderating this second Republican presidential debate in Duluth, MN. I'm here with...

...InfoWars host Alex Jones...

...US Senator from Kentucky Rand Paul...

...US Representative from Ohio Jim Jordan...

...conservative commentator Ben Shapiro...

...US Ambassador to the United Nations Ivanka Trump...

...and President Mike Pence.

Ingraham: Candidates will give an opening statement, answer one specific question, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation. So, without further ado, let's start.

Specific Questions

To Mr. Jones: Breitbart managing editor Wynton Hall referred to you as "the logical successor to Donald Trump" following your standout debate performance last month in Albuquerque. Would you say you agree with this statement, and, if so, why you and not President Pence?

To Senator Paul: The President has attacked you regularly on the three government programs you used as examples of useless spending that should be cut. Are there any more significant agencies you would dispose of as President?

To Congressman Jordan: You were one of President Trump's most ardent supporters when he was in office; why, then, do you feel that President Pence is worth defeating in the primaries?

To Mr. Shapiro: As an orthodox Jew, do you feel concerned by the rise of anti-Semitism among conservatives in the past few years?

To Ambassador Trump: You chose not to take a position on the President's tax plan. Will you remain similarly neutral on his new legislation, and, if not, are you for or against it?

To President Pence: Your recent legislation on charter schools failed in the House despite being passed with the support of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand in the other chamber. Why do you believe that the bill failed despite this bipartisan support?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2020, 09:20:52 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2020, 09:27:13 PM by jakobisgood »

Gillibrand Debate Answers
Credit to Wikimedia Commons for the Photo

Opening Statement
Thank you, Anderson. Tonight you will hear some very different ideas, from some very different people. I'm one of those people, and here's my story. I grew up a small town girl in a rural area of New York State. I didn't know much else about the rest of the world, except that it was very different from where I lived. My grandma was the head of the local Democratic Party, and she always fought for Progressive Issues, and taught me about the injustice of the world. When I became a Representative, I won in a district in which farm animals outnumbered the number of Democrats. Yet, I won twice, and brought Progressive Issues to the frontline. Then, I became a United States Senator and saw just how bad it was for people in different parts of country. That's when things changed for me. I never knew what it could be like to go days without eating so you could afford new shoes for your kid, or having to ration insulin. So, I took the fight that so many of you at home have to live through to Washington. I got things done, and I made life better for millions of Americans, and showed that Brave Wins.
Question
Thank you for the question, Anderson. It's true that some people on this stage are scared to stand up on issues that millions of Americans are demanding they fight for. From Healthcare, to Infrastructure, to Gun Control, and so many other things, our campaign has been the leading figure and the first to release a plan for. I've announced my ideas that I believe can transform our country for the better. I'd like to tell everyone here, and everyone watching at home, a little story. A little boy who was the son of a hardworking mother and father. The mom, was a Primary School Teacher, and the father was a Shipyard Worker. One day this little boy was walking home from school, when he had an allergic reaction. He was deathly allergic to Poison Ivy and many other harmful plants. He had fallen into a bed of Poison Ivy. When he reached for his Epipen, he remembered that his mother hadn't been able to get it refilled the week before because she didn't have enough money. That little boy laid there, hopeless, dying, simply because the price of Epipens were too expensive. This isn't just something that happens to one person, this has happened to over 110,000 Americans across our country. Tonight in the audience, is the father and mother of that little boy, Sarah and Dan. I'm running because people like Sarah and Dan shouldn't have to decide between their son's life, and putting food on the table. It's time for some real change on Prescription Judge Prices, and Healthcare, both of which I have released plans for. For those of you on this stage, who have yet to release plans on critical issues like this, you are being cowardly and are demeaning people like Sarah and Dan. Take a stand, even if it loses you votes, it is the right thing to do. When I am in that Oval Office, I will always put the correct, and just thing above my political career. Always, that's a promise.
Closing Statement
I want to thank Anderson, my fellow candidates, and everyone watching at home for listening to my plans tonight. This country was built by people like Pete from Michigan, or Susan from Idaho, or Jim from New Mexico. People that spend their daily life providing for their family, and working. The Middle Class. This country for too long has overlooked the Middle Class, and their contributions to our Economy. President Pence and his Crony Capitalist Friends would like to have you think that their way of Politics is the right way. Well, they're wrong. If I am President, I will reverse his horrible Tax Cuts and actually lower taxes for the Middle Class, I'll invest in our Infrastructure and build new Highways, Bridges, Schools, and Airports. I'll re-invest back into our Workers, and pass a Worker's Bill of Rights into Law, and I'll restore Dignity to the Office of President. I will work with both Republicans, and Democrats, to pass an agenda that is Pro-American, and Pro-Worker. I will never leave behind our Heartland, and will work to bring Economic and Social Justice back to the places that are under assault by the Pence Administration. I hope that you join me in this fight to show that Brave Wins, and take a stand with us now at kirstengillibrand.com. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies