Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:25:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31352 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: January 26, 2020, 08:05:30 PM »

Bullock opposes Pence tax plan in statement
Quote from: Gov. Steve Bullock
After reviewing the intricacies of the Pence tax plan, I have decided that I cannot in good conscience support its passage. While the plan does provide a generous reduction in taxes for the middle class, it does not do the same for those who need government aid the most - the lower class. It is, frankly, shameful how the working class gets the same tax reduction as the rich, who should be paying more than they currently are. The act also necessitates cuts in key programs, such as Obamacare, that provide instrumental service to many Montanans not blessed with a large bank account, and threatens to further unbalance the budget. Thus, I will join many of my Democratic colleagues in opposition to this misguided plan.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »

Steve Bullock 2020
Reunite America

Campaign Strategy and Rough Schedule

Governor Bullock's campaign, despite having a successful launch, still lacks name recognition in many critical states. The main goal of Bullock's 2019 strategy is to create a national profile and build a grassroots base in the early primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire, while balancing campaign duties with gubernatorial ones.

Phase 1: Campaign Launch to May 2019
During this phase, Bullock still has gubernatorial responsibilities, and cannot dedicate his full effort to campaigning. Accordingly, Bullock will work at the Montana Statehouse from Monday to Thursday, and do campaign run-outs on the weekends. Most of these run-outs will be to Iowa, where a strong campaign infrastructure will be set up in all 99 counties. Bullock will also hold many campaign events - rallies and town halls in major Iowa cities (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo, Iowa City, Council Bluffs, Ames, and Dubuque), in tandem with short visits to individual Iowa towns, where the Governor will hold meet-and-greets. Fmr. Governor Tom Vilsack, Bullock's earliest and most significant endorser, will be present at many of these events, and Vilsack is aiding Bullock's team in understanding Iowa politics, as well as the needs of Iowans and the issues they cherish most. Bullock will also set up campaign offices in New Hampshire and Nevada, and will hold two town halls each in these states (one each in Franconia, Manchester, Reno, and Henderson). In these events, Bullock will emphasize his message of unity, as well as his dedication to getting quality legislation passed by working with politicians from both sides. He will also discuss major policy talking points, such as Medicare-for-all-who-want-it, comprehensive and reasonable gun control, and infrastructure/renewable energy.

Major Dates
January 19 - Campaign launch in Iowa - major rally in Des Moines.
January 20 - Town hall in Ames
January 25 - Town hall in Council Bluffs
February 1 - Town hall in Sioux Falls
February 8 - Interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN
February 15 - Town hall in Waterloo
February 22 - Town hall in Dubuque
March 1 - Town hall in Cedar Rapids
March 8 - Town hall in Davenport
March 15 - Rally in Iowa City
March 22-24 - Town hall and Campaigning in Franconia and Northern New Hampshire
March 29-31 - Rally in Concord, town hall in Manchester, greater New Hampshire campaign launch event
April 5 - Rally in Ames
April 12-14 - Nevada campaign launch and town hall in Reno, campaign in Northern Nevada
April 19-21 - Town hall in Henderson, campaign in Las Vegas Metro and Southern Nevada
April 26 - Town hall in Iowa City
May 3 - Town hall in Fort Dodge
May 10 - Town hall in Mason City

In addition to these major events, Bullock used the weekends to canvass areas around the towns where he held events.

[Phase 2 schedule forthcoming]
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:53:11 PM »

Bullock response to Pence statement
While I am grateful President Pence has honored my critique with a response, I do not believe my concerns with the bill have been alleviated. First off, I am not convinced that lower taxes will necessarily benefit the economy. While Reagan-era tax policy might have been slightly beneficial to the economy, supply-side economics failed to deliver the massive benefits its advocates touted. I also disagree that the poor will benefit from this bill. When you live from paycheck-to-paycheck, every dollar matters, so you cannot say that the poor don't need more tax cuts than the wealthy. Lastly, while the tax credit for dependents is a nice touch, it doesn't serve the majority of the Americans who are only getting a 3% cut - and as many of my Democratic colleagues have said, where's the money to factor it in? To me, this act seems like fiscally irresponsible pandering that hurts the people that need government aid the most. I hope all Americans, as well as our friends in the Senate and the House, can see the problems with this proposal.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »

I look forward to attending the Commander-in-Chief Forum, and thank Ms. Abrams and Mr. Pence for proposing this excellent idea. I am excited to enter into productive dialogue with my fellow candidates.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 12:48:36 AM »

Steve Bullock 2020
Reunite America

Campaign Schedule

May 17 to July 21 - The One Iowa Tour
From mid-May to mid-July, Governor Bullock will embark on an all-Iowa tour, to visit all 99 counties in the state of Iowa and build enthusiasm for his campaign. The tour will last 2 months and will cover over 200 cities and towns in the state, beginning in the Omaha suburb of Council Bluffs and ending in Dubuque, on the Mississippi River. The Bullock team has planned numerous events on the tour, including numerous town halls and meet-and-greets. Bullock intends to actively chronicle the tour on social media, to draw attention to his campaign and increase name-recognition, and will create a blurb on his website that tracks his location across the state. 

May 18: Launch rally in Council Bluffs with Gov. Vilsack and other campaign surrogates (YTBD). Hold town hall in Chautauqua.
May 19: 2-hour campaign stops in Loveland, Avoca, Oakland, and Macedonia. (Pottawattamie County)
May 20: Campaign stops in Emerson, Glenwood, Sidney, and Hamburg. Town hall in Hamburg that night. (Mills and Fremont counties)
May 21: Campaign stops in Shenadoah, Yorktown, Clarinda, Villisca, and Red Oak. (Page and Montgomery counties)
May 22: Campaign stops in Massena, Anita, Atlantic, Audobon, Exira, and Elk Horn. (Cass and Audubon counties)
May 23: Campaign stops in Harlan, Defiance, Dunlap, and Logan. Town hall in Missouri Valley. (Shelby and Harrison counties)
May 24: Campaign stops in Onawa, Whiting, Mapleton, Schleswig, and Denison. (Monona and Crawford counties)
May 25: Campaign stops in Holstein, Ida Grove, and Moville. Rally in Sioux City. (Ida and Woodbury counties)
May 26: Campaign in Sioux City area, town hall in Sergeant Bluff. (Woodbury county)
May 27: Campaign in Merril, Le Mars, Remsen, Cherokee, and Aurelia. (Plymouth and Cherokee counties)
May 28: Campaign in Sutherland, Primghar, Sheldon, Orange City, and Sioux Center. Town hall in Sioux Center. (Sioux and O'Brien counties)
May 29: Campaign in Larchwood, Rock Rapids, Sibley, and Ocheyedan. (Lyon and Osceola counties)
May 30: Campaign in Spirit Lake, Milford, Estherville, and Armstrong. Town hall in Okoboji. (Dickinson and Emmet counties)
May 31: Campaign in Emmetsburg, Ayrshire, Ruthven, Spencer, and Rossie. (Palo Alto and Clay counties)
June 1: Campaign in Sioux Rapids, Storm Lake, Albert City, Power, and Pochahontas (Buena Vista and Pochahontas counties)
June 2: Campaign in Pomeroy, Rockwell City, Lake City, Sac City, and Early. Town hall in Lake View. (Sac and Calhoun counties)
June 3: Campaign in Carroll, Glidden, Scranton, Jefferson, and Grand Junction. (Carroll and Greene counties)
June 4: Campaign in Perry, Dallas Center, Waukee, and Van Meter. Town hall in Van Meter (Dallas County)
June 5: Campaign in Bagley, Panora, Casey, Fontanelle, and Orient (Guthrie and Adair counties)
June 6: Campaign in Corning, Stringtown, Gravity, Bedford, and Plattville (Adams and Taylor counties)
June 7: Campaign in Redding, Mount Ayr, Tingley, Creston, and Afton. (Union and Ringgold counties)
June 8: Campaign in Murray, Osceola, Van Wert, Leon, and Davis City. Town hall in Decatur City (Clarke and Decatur counties)
June 9: Campaign in Corydon, Promise City, Millerton, Chariton, Russell, and Lucas. (Lucas and Wayne counties)
June 10: Campaign in Winterset, Patterson, Martensdale, Indianola, and Sandyville. Town hall in Indianola (Madison and Warren counties)
June 11: Campaign in Hartford, Norwalk, Avon Lake, and West Des Moines. (Polk county)
June 12: Campaign in Grimes, Polk City, Windsor Heights, Ankeny, Altoona, and Pleasant Hill.
June 13: Rally in Des Moines with Governor Vilsack and campaign surrogates. Rest.
June 14: Campaign in Collins, Zearing, Gilbert, and Ames area. Town hall in Ames. (Story county)
June 15: Campaign in Madrid, Boone, Ogden, Harcourt, and Fort Dodge. Town hall in Fort Dodge (Boone and Webster counties).
June 16: Campaign in Badger, Humboldt, Livermore, Algona, Bancroft, and Lakota. (Humboldt and Kossuth counties)
June 17: Campaign in Thompson, Lake Mills, Forest City, Britt, Garner, and Goodell (Winnebago and Hancock counties)
June 18: Campaign in Belmond, Clarion, Goldfield, Webster City, Blairsburg, and Jewell. (Wright and Hamilton counties).
June 19: Campaign in Iowa Falls, Eldora, Union, Conrad, Grundy Center, and Dike (Hardin and Grundy counties)
June 20: Campaign in Parkersburg, Allison, Greene, Sheffield, and Hampton. Town hall in Latimer. (Butler and Franklin counties).
June 21: Campaign in Thornton, Rockwell, Emery, Freeman, and Mason City. Town hall in Mason City (Cerro Gordo county).
June 22: Campaign in Hanlontown, Manly, Northwood, St Ansgar, Osage, and New Haven (Worth and Mitchell counties)
June 23: Campaign in Rudd, Charles City, Nashua, Fredricksburg, and New Hampton (Chickasaw and Floyd counties).
June 24: Campaign in Saratoga, Vernon Springs, Bluffton, Decorah, Jackson Junction, and Castalia (Howard and Winneshiek counties).
June 25: Campaign in Waukon and Church. Donor event on Mississippi River boat. Campaign in McGregor and Elkader. (Allamakee and Clayton counties).
June 26: Campaign in West Union, Fayette, Olelwein, Tripoli, and Waverly. (Fayette and Bremer counties).
June 27: Campaign in Cedar Falls, Hudson, and Evansdale. Canvass and Town Hall in Waterloo. (Black Hawk county)
June 28: Campaign in Traer, Toledo, Marshalltown, and Rhodes. Town Hall in Marshalltown (Tama and Marshall counties).
June 29: Campaign in Colfax, Newton, Kellogg, Monroe, Grinnell, and Deep River. Rally in Grinnell. (Jasper and Poweshiek counties)
June 30: Campaign in New Sharon, Oskaloosa, Keomah Village, Pella, and Knoxville (Marion and Mahaska counties).
July 1: Campaign in Lovilla, Albia, Moravia, Centerville, Cincinatti, and Moulton (Monroe and Appanoose counties)
July 2: Campaign in West Grove, Bloomfield, Munterville, Agency, and Ottumwa. Town hall in Ottumwa (Wapello and Davis counties)
July 3: Campaign in Maharishi Vedic City, Fairfield, Birmingham, Keosauqua, and Mt. Sterling. Drive into Iowa City.
July 4: Celebratory July 4th rally-picnic in Iowa City, with Eastern Iowa Veterans.
July 5: Campaign in Hedrick, Sigourney, South English, Williamsburg, Marengo, and South/Middle Amana (Keokuk and Iowa counties).
July 6: Campaign in Luzerne, Van Horne, Vinton, Brandon, Independence, and Hazelton (Benton and Buchanan counties).
July 7: Campaign in Manchester, Delaware, Hopkinton, Central City, Mt Vernon, and Fairfax   (Delaware and Linn counties)
July 8: Rally and campaigning in Cedar Rapids area (Linn county)
July 9: Town hall and additional campaigning in Cedar Rapids
July 10: Campaign in Swisher, Solon, and North Liberty. Town hall in Iowa City. (Johnson county)
July 11: Campaign in Iowa City area.
July 12: Campaign in Kalona, Washington, Crawfordsville, Swedesburg, Mt Pleasant, and New London (Washington and Henry counties)
July 13: Campaign in Houghton, Donnelson, Keokuk, Montrose, Fort Madison, and Wever. Hold town hall in Fort Madison (Lee county).
July 14: Campaign in Middletown, Mediapolis, Burlington, Wapello, Grandview, and Columbus Junction (Des Moines and Louisa counties)
July 15: Campaign in Conesville, Moscow, Fruitland, and Muscatine. Town hall in Muscatine. (Muscatine county)
July 16: Campaign in Muscatine, rally and town hall in Davenport. (Scott county)
July 17: Campaign in Davenport and suburbs. (Scott county)
July 18: Campaign in Lime City, Stanwood, Wheatland, DeWitt, Camanche, and Clinton. Town hall in Clinton. (Cedar and Clinton counties)
July 19: Campaign in Green Island, Preston, Maquoketa, Wyoming, Anamosa, and Monticello. (Jackson and Jones counties)
July 20: Campaign in Dyersville, Holy Cross, Peosta, Asbury, and east Dubuque. (Dubuque county)
July 21: Campaign in Dubuque. Town hall in Sageville.
July 22: Closing rally in Dubuque with Gov. Vilsack and other surrogates.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 01:52:44 AM »

Steve Bullock Town Hall Answers

Source: Creative Commons Author: Gage Skidmore

Many of you have very strong views on the President's tax cuts, which recently passed the Senate 53-47, with six of you even voting on it (all against). Would each of you care to once again clarify your position on the issue, and would the Senators explain the reasoning behind their votes?
While I believe my position on the Pence tax cuts is clear, I will reiterate again here. One of the main goals of my campaign is to advocate for the downtrodden - the Americans left behind and forgotten by our supposed representatives in Washington - and I believe the best way to do this is to oppose this irresponsible tax cut. There are many problems with this bill - most importantly, the fact that it callously denies the poor any tax relief. If we were to cut taxes - and I'm not saying that's a sound, fiscally responsible, idea - the poor are the ones who need tax cuts the most, and the Pence plan shaves only 3% of their payments - the same cuts the rich are getting! There is clearly a huge philosophical problem here. Additionally, the language of the bill is certainly vague and filled with loopholes - what are the incomes that define the middle class? Can the Americans close to these income lines - especially the rich - commit fraud to reap a massive tax cut, while others, including the government, could make much better use of that money? And these tax cuts, while a huge boon for the middle class (whatever that is), will necessitate cuts in critical government programs to prevent the debt from ballooning even further. Under President Pence's current plan, programs like Obamacare that provide for some of the most vulnerable Americans, will see cuts - adding insult to injury for the people that our government should be helping the most. And, the plan doesn't specify where other cuts - which, I remind you, are made necessary by our leaner budget - will fall. They could hurt our infrastructure programs, leaving our interstates, rails, and travel facilities worse for the wear. They could hurt our beautiful national parks and forests, as the EPA is further whittled down by representatives who believe in profits, not conservation. They could hurt other welfare programs, a cut that would cause serious grief among the working class. As a governor of a rural, working-class state, the benefits for my constituents are paltry at best, and the side effects will hurt everything from the Billings residents on Medicare to the trees and tourists in Glacier National Park. So, I cannot support it.

Healthcare is the #1 issue Americans are concerned about this election cycle. How would each of you format healthcare under your administration?
As President, I'll advocate for improved healthcare for blue-collar American, while keeping in mind fiscal considerations and other government programs and initiatives that deserve our attention- something that, sadly, some of my fellow Democrats probably won't do. Obamacare was a major step for healthcare in this country, and the expansion of Medicare in most states has been a huge boon for Americans living on the margins. However, there are still some bumps in Obamacare that need to be hammered out, and in some states, expanded Medicare has been made unavailable by politicians eating out of the hands of corporate bigwigs and Big Pharma. If I am elected, I will immediately advocate for a national Medicare-for-all-who-want-it program. This program combines the universal healthcare promise of Medicare-for-all with the freedom of choice that our current private healthcare system provides. Under Medicare-for-all-who-want-it, all Americans will get to choose between a quality Medicare plan and their (possibly current) private healthcare package provided by their employer. I would also advocate for continued improvements in Medicare quality, basic standards for private providers, as well as sensible restrictions on drug prices to keep Big Pharma in line, to bring American healthcare to its rightful place at the forefront of the world. To pay for these ambitious plans, I would back a modest tax increase for the rich and corporations, as well as a transfer in budgets from the foolish border wall to this program that TRULY benefits all Americans - especially the most vulnerable ones.

Climatologists now say we have little more than a decade to roll back our global greenhouse gas input before disastrous irreversibility strikes. Do you agree with this assessment? If so, how would you move to lessen this nation's carbon footprint? If not, why do you believe it not to be the case?
I'll readily admit that I'm no scientist, and the other candidates here on stage with me today aren't either. So, why shouldn't we all trust the overwhelming opinion of ACTUAL scientists, who say that climate change is a present and dangerous phenomenon? While the implications are horrifying and the timeline is stunningly quick, I'm prepared to take climatologists at their word, and as President, I will help lead a global push to curb greenhouse gas emissions and save our planet. As President, one of my first acts will be to create a Presidential Climate Change Commission, consisting of climatologists, scholars, and willing members of Congress - maybe people like Al Gore would be interested in this initiative. This commission will investigate the climate issue and present a report to Congress on the severity of the situation and possible remedies by late 2021. I will also re-enter the Paris Climate agreement, and pressure all nations, both friends and rivals, on the international stage to recommit to reducing emissions. A remedy that I believe particularly effective is using the government to advance renewable energy. Our oil supplies are fast running out, and our society will, currently, be destitute without it - a terrifying possibility not frequently mentioned. Renewable energy is a perfect, flexible solution. As President, I will advocate for renewable energy grants to individual states, who can decide how to spend it. States like Montana and North Dakota can use this grant to build wind turbines, to harness the powerful winds of the Great Plains to light up the farmlands free of carbon output. States like New Mexico can invest in solar power, and turn the burning desert sun into a robust power source. And, geographically diverse states like California, Texas, and Florida can use the funds to support anything from tidal power, to hydroelectric power, to geothermal power - any and all investment is a boon for both the earth and human civilization. The grants can also be given to companies in the form of tax credits - the free market is remarkable at advancing the frontiers of technology, as seen at Tesla in recent years. As a last resort, if the report from the Presidential Commission is especially dark, I might consider a carbon tax, which would help lower emissions from polluting companies and provide more tax money to spend - on anything from energy to education. Lastly, as a preventative measure, my administration will encourage states to take preventative measures, and low-lying, vulnerable states like Florida and Louisiana can apply for grants to improve levee systems, evacuation systems, and information systems, to keep the wild waves out for as long as possible.

Your main personal critique of President Pence's tax bill has been the more paltry cut offered to the working class. Would you support it if the President increased the cut for the poor?
*laughs* That's an intriguing question, Wolf, but it still doesn't affect the big picture much. I'm not disputing that a cut to the poor would be both a solid policy decision and an addition that would make the bill much more palatable, but the problems that I addressed earlier would still be there. The rich would still be getting off easy, and the budget - for which I would pursue ambitious programs to benefit the poor as President - will make further government programs impossible. In fact, it will probably require even more program cuts, given that the rich's tax bills are still getting cut as well. For Pence to win my support for this tax bill, he would need to show that the rich and Big Business aren't getting off easy, that the poor are getting a fair cut, and that valuable programs like Obamacare aren't facing potentially devastating shrinkage. Even then, simultaneously supporting a tax cut and advocating for more beneficial government programs is an impossible position to take, so I would still be reluctant to back it. I'll take this time to advocate another way to improve the lives of the working class - ending this foolish trade war with China. It's clear that communities in Montana, Iowa, Michigan, and other blue-collar states are being deeply wounded by these ridiculous tariffs, and coming to a mutually beneficial free trade agreement will be a big step in bringing prosperity back to these marginalized Americans.

Again, I'd like to thank CNN for inviting me here to share my views, and I wish everyone well on the campaign trail.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 02:28:46 PM »

Bullock Ad - Pioneers

to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Montana, and Nevada, and posted on social media

<cheerful, folksy guitar background music plays>

Narrator #1: This nation was built by the pioneers, the independent people.

<image of the Great Plains shows>

Narrator #2: Small-town businesses and farms are the bedrock our nation rests on.

<image of Bullock shaking hands with a local businessman in Iowa shows>

Narrator #1: However, our representatives in Washington have forgotten about our small towns...

<image of Capitol Hill>

Narrator #2: ...and instead sell their vote to the highest corporate bidder.

<image of money piles and dollar signs>

Narrator #1: Governor Steve Bullock aims to change this dynamic.

<image of Bullock rally>

Narrator #2: Steve is dedicated to the everyday pioneers who represent the best of this great county.

<image of Bullock meet-and-greet on a farm>

Narrator #1: Steve doesn't take money from corrupt corporate PACs.

Narrator #2: If we send Steve to Washington, he'll speak up for pioneers like us, and bring our beliefs and values back to Capitol Hill. So, what are we waiting for?

<image of Bullock campaign logo shows>

Gov. Bullock: I'm Governor Steve Bullock, and I approve this message.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »

Source: Made on Simitator Fake Tweet Generator
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 10:12:10 PM »

Bullock Debate Answers

Source: Creative Commons

Opening Statement: Tonight, we stand in a divided nation - a nation where extreme partisanship has stalled nearly every congressional initiative, leaving many of our citizens in the dust. Our divided government is dysfunctional, because neither Democrats nor Republicans are willing to work with each other. Meanwhile, Americans from the mountain peaks of Washington to the bayous of Florida, the fields of Iowa to the deserts of Arizona, suffer, as they have been forgotten by their government and their representatives. Right now, farmers in the Midwest are going through terrible economic downturn thanks to harsh Trump-era tariffs stifling international trade. Corporations and the rich use loopholes in our broken tax code to cheat Uncle Sam out of money that could be used to support the Americans who need government aid the most. And, with the EPA cut to shreds by Republican representatives under the thumb of Big Oil, our nation’s vast natural glory is in decay, and research to help solve climate change, the great crisis of our generation, has all but halted. These grievances against the American people could easily be redressed through congressional action, but partisan deadlock initiated by Majority Leader McConnell and condoned by President Pence has crippled that body. I’d like to ask all of you to think hard for a moment - what major legislation has Congress passed in recent years? The Trump tax cuts? We’ve had more Supreme Court nominees than major bills passed during the Trump and Pence administrations, thanks to the unwillingness of our politicians to work together for the benefit of the American people. I’m running for President to bring compromise and bipartisanship back to the White House, and I believe I’m uniquely well-suited to this role. I’ve served Montana for all my life as Governor, and before that, Attorney General. I‘ve frequently worked with the heavily Republican legislature to pass quality legislation to benefit the people of Montana. As Governor, I convinced Republicans to vote for Medicare expansion - a feat that would be impossible in today’s hyper-partisan Washington environment. I’ve also used my executive positions in Montana to oppose decisions such as Citizens United and the Trump travel ban. As President, I’ll promote bipartisan collaboration and build productive relationships with Congress, so America can get the legislation on healthcare, gun control, climate change, and tax reform that it deserves. Under my presidency, Washington will get things done for once - and our great nation will be all the better for it. Lastly, I’d like to thank Anderson, the city of Miami, and the CNN organization for sponsoring the debate and bringing coverage of it to the American people. This opportunity to address the nation is invaluable.

Personal Question
I’m proud to say that I will do so, without hesitation. The OMB is a group of professional, dedicated, and unbiased experts who have the unique ability to assess the financial impact of a bill, on both the government and the American people, in an accurate manner without partisan influence. It would be irresponsible of any administration to rely on studies conducted by private organizations with political motivations, like the blatantly conservative Heritage Foundation. Fiscal responsibility has long been one of my values, and as President I’ll submit all of my legislative proposals to the OMB to ensure that they don’t inflate our already-burgeoning debt and they balance the need for major reform with the need to spend ONLY the money that we have.

Closing Statement
As many of you know, I recently embarked on a 2-month long tour of Iowa - the One Iowa Tour. I visited all 99 of the state’s counties, and over 200 cities - from rural communities like Zearing and Wapello to large towns like Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. Through completing this tour, I learned much about this diverse state, and I also met many people with unique stories. While visiting a Walmart in the Mason City area, I met Ellen, the wife of a local farmer struggling with crippling medical debt. Ellen and her husband owned a successful family farm a few miles from the city, but in 2018 her husband was involved in a tractor accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. Their family didn’t have health insurance since they ran an independent business, and they thought getting private healthcare was too complicated and not worth the price. Now, Ellen has to run her family’s farm, and is drowning in debt from her husband’s massive medical bills, and she may have to sell the farm in the next year. It’s people like Ellen that show why we need a health plan that’s affordable, accessible, and visible, so all Americans can be insured against unpredictable accidents like these. There are so many other initiatives like these that would greatly improve the lives of many Americans, from combating climate change to investing money in our broken roads, and these problems aren’t new. However, the broken system in D.C has prevented these essential reforms from occurring, and as President I’ll work with both sides to fix this system and get the legislative work done for the American people. The central philosophy of my campaign is ‘reuniting America’, and there is no better way to do this than by finally putting long-awaited reforms in the books of law. However, I’d also like to mention a pitfall that a lot of my fellow candidates are falling into. In recent days, I’ve seen talk about many radical proposals, like Medicare-for-All, and I’m aware that they seem like the strong, progressive reforms our nation hungers for. But, there’s a critical problem with these programs - their cost. I haven’t heard many of my fellow candidates describe how to pay for their ambitious programs, but I think it’s obvious how they’ll pay for them - through tax hikes on the middle class, and the middle class does not deserve to be taxed more. In contrast, there’s a clear path to paying for the more moderate programs I propose - instituting a fair tax increase on the rich and corporations, and redirecting funds from the foolish Border Wall - that allows for major benefits to the American people without murdering the Treasury Department’s reserves. As President, it’ll be one of my top priorities to be fiscally prudent while also being devoted to reforms that help bring American quality-of-life to the forefront of the world. Thank you again for tuning in, and I hope I've earned your vote tonight.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 12:21:55 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 12:25:18 AM by Oregon Blue Dog »

Steve Bullock Schedule August-October
This is more of a 'broad strokes' schedule, @DatGOTtho please message me if a more detailed schedule would be appropriate/would help.

August
After taking a campaigning break following a grueling 2-month stretch of near-constant campaigning, Bullock returned to the campaign trail in New Hampshire. During the month of August, Bullock campaigned across the state, visiting every county and nearly every major town in a manner similar to the One Iowa Tour. Working from north to south, Bullock held town halls in the 10 largest cities in the state, and held rallies in Concord and Manchester. He also visited many other small towns in the state. His main focus would to build campaign infrastructure and sell his pro-ordinary Americans platform to the state.

September-October
During this month, Bullock campaigned mostly in the West (though he visited New York from September 10-12 to honor the victims of the 9/11 attacks, and also attended debates and such). Kicking off in Missoula, Bullock swings through the states of Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas on a bus tour, focusing on Nevada and Super Tuesday states. Campaigning with surrogates, Bullock continues to stick to his talking points of unity and real legislative progress. Strategically, his campaign combines the usage of town halls in medium and large sized cities with meet-and-greets and aggressive canvassing in all locations.

Campaigning in Montana and Idaho: 0.5 week (stops in Missoula, Couer D'Alene, Boise, and Twin Falls, as well as smaller towns).
Campaigning in Utah and Colorado: 1 week (stops in SLC, Provo, St. George, Moab-Grand Junction, Aspen, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Ft. Collins, and Denver, as well as smaller towns).
Campaigning in New Mexico and Texas: 2 weeks (stops in Albequerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces, Roswell, Amarillo, Lubbock, El Paso, San Antonio, McAllen, Corpus Christi, Houston, Waco, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, Wichita Falls, as well as smaller towns).
Campaigning in California: 1.5 weeks (stops in Redding, Sacramento, San Francisco, Monterey, Stockton, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardio, and San Diego, as well as smaller towns).  
Campaigning in Nevada: 1.5 weeks (stops in Reno, Carson City, Henderson, Searchlight, Pahrump, and Las Vegas).
Campaigning in Minnesota: 0.5 weeks (mostly in Minneapolis metro and Duluth).
Campaigning in Maine: 0.5 weeks (focus on the northern rural areas, and Bangor/Augusta)

Endorsements
Quote from: Iowa AG Tom Miller
Steve's dedication both to normal Americans and to this nation's unity have convinced me that his is the campaign to back. I encourage my fellow Iowans to support his campaign come Feburary.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 05:47:05 PM »

Gov. Steve Bullock Official Statement on Term Limits
While I am personally ambivalent on this issue, polls have indicated that the American people overwhelmingly support term limits for our congressional representatives. Thus, I believe that Senator Paul’s initiative should at the very least be submitted to the states for approval, and as Montana Governor, I will support the decision our great legislature makes should this amendment be ratified by Congress. I urge our senators and representatives to consider not only their own interest, but the will of the people, when voting on this amendment, and I will keep in close contact with Montana’s legislature to ensure our state will benefit if this amendment reaches the Constitution.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »

Bullock Debate Answers
Opening: Hello, Michigan! It’s great to be here in Detroit tonight, and I’d like to offer another thanks to CNN and Anderson for hosting this event. It is highly appropriate that this is where our debate is taking place. Michigan will be a critical swing state in 2020, but more importantly, the people of Michigan and similar states deserve to be heard. The Republican governments of Rick Snyder, Scott Walker, and others, have failed the Rust Belt. As other parts of America modernize and grow, the Midwest’s economic and population growth have stalled as factories shutter and middle-class Americans find themselves out of work. Instead of listening to their plight and taking actions, our politicians have turned a blind eye, and have allowed travesties like the Flint water crisis in 2014 to inflict even more suffering on those already on the margins. Desperate, these voters turned to Trump’s siren song and handed the Rust Belt to the Republican Party - and it’s critical that we Democrats win them back in 2020. The Trump and Pence administrations, like those before them, have done nothing for the working class. In 2017, they tried to rob millions of their healthcare coverage, and they would have given the rich the same cut as the poor in their 2019 tax plan unless the outcry from my office and others had not forced them to reconsider. Republicans in Congress have been complacent with their so-called leaders, and politicians like McConnell and McCarthy have suppressed all of our attempts for reform. I ran for President to change this dynamic and turn the focus in Washington from petty partisan conflicts to a focus on meaningful reform and change. Instead of picking fights with Republican leaders, I’ll extend an olive branch and offer to work together to pass much-needed healthcare reforms, a comprehensive plan to combat climate change, a gun control code that’ll stop the plague of school shootings that has perpetuated a state of fear across our nation, as well as other legislation both sides are willing to back. It’s critical for people in Michigan and America that we get things done in Washington, and I believe I am the candidate that can facilitate these changes.
Question: Despite the terrible tragedies that have occurred across the nation over the last decade we haven’t seen any serious gun control initiatives. Why is this? NRA-funded politicians in the Republican-controlled Congress and White House have made the passage of such legislation effectively impossible. The situation has been worsened by the widening partisan divide that has made voting with the opposite party an act subject to retribution. There are two reasons why I think my presidency will be different. Firstly, I am confident that Americans who want REAL progress in Washington will lift Democratic congressional candidates to victory in 2020, allowing candidates free from NRA influence to take majorities in both houses. In this environment, Congress will be much more conducive and motivated to pursue gun control. Secondly, I intend to pressure Republicans to back this measure instead of merely acting as puppets of the NRA. But, instead of tuning them out entirely, I’ll listen to their critiques and proposals so a bipartisan act truly representative of the will of the people can reach my desk for a signature. Also, I’d like to mention that as Governor of Montana, I convinced Republican members of the legislature to vote for Medicare expansion. I don’t think anyone else on this stage can make the claim that they passed liberal agenda by building relationships with GOP representatives.
Closing: Before I close, I’d like to note that everyone on this stage is united by a singular goal - ensuring the defeat of Mike Pence and the GOP on Election Day 2020 as well as retaking the Senate and holding the House. This is no small undertaking - rich financiers are determined to keep the White House in their hands, and corrupt organizations like the NRA will join them in flooding the election with dirty money. To win, we need to forgo corporate money, go directly to the people, and run a campaign that reaches and unites all Americans. Simply pouring money into a campaign without a message and hoping that the sheer volume of coverage will sway voters is not the way to go. But, experience is also important. We need a candidate that has served in an executive position before, and who has won difficult elections. A candidate may have an attractive message, but they don’t have what it takes to win in 2020 if they haven’t won a competitive election before. I believe I’m the candidate that has both experience and a winning record in elections. I served Montana for 12 years as attorney general and governor, and I won three consecutive elections in a state that voted for Trump by 20 points. I’m also the only person on this stage who has led a state before. Tonight, I urge Democrats to consider which candidate will best be able to unite the country behind a liberal ticket and lead the party to decisive victories next November. I’d like to offer another thank you to our gracious hosts, Detroit and CNN, and I hope to continue working with you to end the malaise of hyperpartisanship plaguing our nation.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 01:45:59 PM »

Bullock Tweet on Election Results
I'd like to offer congratulations to my good friends John Bel Edwards and Andy Beshear. I'm glad to see fellow red-state Democrats get elected, and I believe these results show that our party is ready to compete anywhere in 2020, so long as we have a wholesome, unifying message.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »

Bullock Tweet on RFRA
I'm proud to join Miss Abrams by requesting that President Pence acknowledge the legitimacy and rights of the LGBTQ+ community. It is past time that the rights of ALL Americans are respected by those in charge, and President Pence's past conduct on this issue is nothing short of shameful. I hope the President is willing to correct previous wrongs and join us in helping to create a tolerant, inclusive nation.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 11:22:48 PM »

Bullock Campaign Schedule - November 2019
With disappointing numbers in Iowa, the Bullock campaign has decided to re-allocate their resources to New Hampshire and Nevada, where they believe his message has a better chance. After campaigning for Democratic governor candidates, Bullock's campaign will focus on canvassing large parts of New Hampshire and Nevada and gaining potential voters, hoping to reinvigorate his campaign after a slump.

November 1: Rally in Concord, NH with Sen. Maggie Hassan
November 2: Canvass Concord-Manchester area with Sen. Hassan and host a town hall in Manchester that night.
November 3: Continue to canvass Concord-Manchester area.
November 4: Fly to Kentucky to rally with Andy Beshear.
November 5: Campaign for Beshear in Lexington area, watch results.
November 6: Fly back to New Hampshire. Campaign in Dover and Portsmouth.
November 7: Campaign in Hampton, Londonderry, and Nashua.
November 8: Campaign in Nashua and Amherst. Hold town hall in Nashua.
November 9: Campaign in Peterborough, Rindge, Keene, Chesterfield, and Hillsboro.
November 10: Campaign in Newbury, New London, Enfield, and Hanover. Town hall at Dartmouth University.
November 11: Campaign in Haverhill, Lisbon, Franconia, Lancaster, Pittsburg, Errol, and Berlin. Town hall in Berlin.
November 12: Campaign in Gorham, Jackson, Conway, Tamworth, Ossipee, and Rochester.   
November 13-14: Campaign in Concord and its suburbs. Hold town hall on the 14th.
November 15-16: Campaign in Manchester and its suburbs. Hold town hall on the 15th, rally on the 16th with Maggie Hassan.
November 17: Fly to Las Vegas and campaign.
November 18: Canvass western Las Vegas. Town hall in Summerlin.
November 19: Canvass northern Las Vegas.
November 20: Canvass central Las Vegas, Paradise, and Spring Valley. Hold rally.
November 21: Campaign in Henderson. Town hall in Henderson.
November 22: Campaign in Boulder City, Nelson, and Searchlight. Town hall in Searchlight.
November 23: Campaign in Pahrump, Beatty, Tonopah, and Crystal Springs.
November 24: Campaign in Ely, West Wendover, Wells, and Elko. Town hall in Elko.
November 25: Campaign in Winnemucca, Hawthorne, Fallon, and Fernley.
November 26: Campaign in Carson City. Hold town hall in Carson City.
November 27: Campaign in Sparks.
November 28-29: Campaign in Reno. Hold rally on the 29th.
November 30: Fly back to Las Vegas, speak on infrastructure at Hoover Dam.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 05:20:20 PM »

Bullock Schedule and Strategy - December 2019
As in November, Governor Bullock will focus campaign efforts on New Hampshire and Nevada, the two early states he believes he can win (or come close in). Campaign efforts will consist mostly of door-to-door and small events, though Bullock will continue to hold town halls and rallies in larger communities. The campaign will also focus on minority outreach in Nevada through meeting with and campaigning to minority interests.

December 1: Campaign in eastern Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City.
December 2: Campaign in Enterprise, Silverado Ranch, and Paradise.
December 3: Rally and town hall in central Las Vegas.
December 4: Meet with local Latinx leaders, campaign in Winchester.
December 5: Campaign in North Las Vegas and Sunrise Manor.
December 6: Campaign in northwestern Las Vegas (the general area between I-15 and US-95). Meet with NV Culinary Union.
December 7: Campaign in Summerlin, hold town hall.
December 8: Campaign in Spring Valley and Pahrump. Hold town hall in Spring Valley.
December 9-10: Drive north to Reno, stopping in small communities along the way. On the 9th, hold town hall in Tonopah.
December 11: Campaign in Fernley, Silver Springs, Carson City and Sand Harbor. Hold town hall in Carson City.
December 12: Meet with Northern Nevada businesspeople at campaign event on Lake Washoe. Campaign in Carson City.
December 13: Campaign in Reno and Sparks. Town hall in Sparks.
December 14: Rally and campaign in Reno. Fly red-eye to New Hampshire.
December 15: Campaign in Nashua, Amherst, and Londonderry.
December 16-18: Campaign in Manchester and Concord. Hold town hall in Hooksett on the 17th, rally with Sen. Hassan in Concord on the 18th.
December 19-20: Campaign in Dover, Portsmouth, and Hampton. Hold town hall in Portsmouth on the 20th.
December 21-22: Campaign in southwestern New Hampshire. Town hall in Keene on the 22nd.
December 23: Campaign in central-north rural New Hampshire. Town hall in Plymouth.
December 24-26: Fly home to Montana to celebrate Christmas with family.
December 27-28: Fly back to New Hampshire, campaign in northern New Hampshire. Town hall in Lancaster on the 28th.
December 29: Campaign in Concord area, meet with local business leaders.
December 30: Campaign in Manchester area.
December 31: Travel south to New York to celebrate the New Year.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 05:16:00 PM »

Opening Statement
Hello, Texas! As usual, I'd like to thank our gracious host, Anderson Cooper, as well as CNN for carrying coverage of this debate across the United States. I'd also like to thank each and every viewer watching this debate right now. Civic engagement is important, especially in the age of division and disinformation, and I'm glad you've decided to tune in tonight.

I'd like to open by taking a look at the facts. Just recently, President Mike Pence sold out the people of America and Ukraine by making a deal with the Russian President, dragging along reluctant European allies and effectively consigning Crimea to Russian rule. While I was hopeful Pence would not continue Trump's policy of kowtowing to Russia, it appears I have been disappointed in this president yet again. I'm also saddened by his willingness to call out and viciously attack some of the candidates on stage with me today. Instead of engaging in petty bickering, Mr. President, you should be working with both parties to advance American interests on both the domestic and international stages, instead of playing the 'lone wolf' by erratically implementing questionable policy. Also, I believe aggression is a two-way street - I don't think anyone on this stage should dignify the President's trivial attacks by lowering themselves to his level.

Another key fact that will help decide this election is polling, and in the most recent national polling, the message sent by the American people was clear - my candidacy currently has the best chance of the 5 potential Democratic nominees polled to defeat President Pence and restore balanced, sane governance to this country. As Democrats, we're all eager to see this unstable president lose in 2020, and these polls show that a message of unity in lieu of division is the most likely to bring about his defeat. I'd like to extend an invitation to viewers - whether they're young or old, farmers or businesspeople, Democrats or Republicans, they are welcome in my campaign's broad coalition. Together, we can collaborate to oust this divisive president from office and put the 'United' back in 'United States', and we can bring the Blue Tide to states in the Rust Belt, the Sun Belt, and, of course, Texas!

To Governor Bullock: You have stated that a key part of your strategy to win the Democratic nomination is New Hampshire, as evidenced by your endorsement from Senator Maggie Hassan. However, just four years ago, Senator Bernie Sanders, a candidate on the opposite end of the party to you, won New Hampshire by more than 20 points. How do you intend to overcome this seemingly whopping majority of progressive support?
Anderson, to be honest, I'm not a fan of the media painting the party as split into 'centrist' and 'progressive' wings. After all, aren't we all Democrats, and above that, all Americans, and don't we all want to live in a nation where people aren't defined by their politics? Throughout my visits to all ten New Hampshire counties, as well as a majority of the state's townships, I've seen firsthand the independent spirit that the state touts, and I've been inspired by it. Thus, I believe that New Hampshire voters, regardless of party or ideology, are tired of the divisive message being peddled by politicians on both sides, and will vote for a message of unity and bipartisan cooperation come February. I hope and expect to garner support across the political spectrum and ride that wave to victory in New Hampshire.

Closing Statement
We've heard from a lot of different views tonight, a lot of great ideas to make this nation better, and more whole. While my campaign is in large part about unity and bipartisanship, it's also about fixing our broken systems, and I believe I'm the best candidate to do that. In Montana, a state that voted for Trump by 20 points, I convinced my Republican colleagues to expand Medicare. I protected the right to choose by vetoing misguided bills that would restrict that fundamental right. I signed executive orders to protect the endangered sage grouse. And, as Attorney General, I fought against the Citizens United decision on the national state, to stop 'dark money' for corporations and special interests from buying our elections. Of the candidates on this stage tonight, I have the most experience serving in an executive branch, and the most experience working with the other side to make government serve the people more adequately. As President, I'll continue to fight for all Americans by passing a healthcare plan within reach of everyone, a gun control package that protects our schools and our children, and an energy plan that balances the needs of blue-collar workers and the need to fight climate change - and for all of these plans, I'll be sure to accept input from every single one of our congresspeople and citizens, regardless of party. Lastly, I'd like to thank Anderson, CNN, and the great state of Texas for hosting this debate, and I hope I've earned your vote tonight.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 05:40:16 PM »

January 2020 - Bullock Schedule and Strategy
As 2020 begins, the Bullock campaign will continue to commit to the states of New Hampshire and Nevada, and will focus 95% of campaign resources to these states. With an endorsement from the Las Vegas Sun in hand, Bullock will open 2020 in Nevada, and will cover as much ground as possible in the first 10 days of the month. Then, until February 11th, his campaign will shift exclusively to New Hampshire, where he will attempt to surge in the polls and upset Steyer. His campaign will double down on a message of unity and progress, highlighting Bullock's executive experience and also noting that he'll bring an outsider voice to Washington and help clean it up for good.

January 1-2: Campaign and canvass Reno-Carson City area
January 3: Hit as many small Central Nevada towns as possible
January 4-10: Campaign and canvass in the Las Vegas-Henderson area. Rally on the 5th, and town halls on the 7th and 9th (in Henderson and NW Las Vegas). Focus on consolidating more centrist elements of the Democrats, and continue to reach out to minorities in eastern Las Vegas.
January 11: Fly to New Hampshire. Hold rally in Manchester with Sen. Hassan.
January 12-15: Campaign and canvass in Concord area. Hold town hall on the 14th. Go door-to-door in Concord neighborhoods and try to reach as many voters as possible. The door-to-door strategy will continue to be utilized in all New Hampshire campaign stops.
January 16-20: Campaign and canvass in Manchester area. Hold town hall on the 18th.
January 21-24: Campaign and canvass in Nashua, Londonderry, Dover, Portsmouth, and Hampton, holding meet-and-greet/Q and A events in all five cities.
January 25-27: Campaign in western New Hampshire, making ~1 hour stops in numerous small towns, as well as longer stops and events in population centers. Hold town halls in Keene and Lebanon.
January 28-31: Campaign in Northern New Hampshire, making ~1 hour stops in numerous small towns. Hold town halls in Littleton, Lancaster, Conway, and Laconia.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 11:51:53 PM »

Bullock private email to Iowa Caucus precinct captains
Firstly, I'd like to thank all of you for the work you've done for my campaign - it means a lot to me. Sadly, our polling numbers aren't looking strong and Iowa, and it's possible my candidacy will not be viable in your precincts. If this occurs, I urge all of you to shift Bullock support to Stacey Abrams. She's the strongest candidate other than me in this field, and she's also dedicated to positivity and reconciliation, instead of sowing further division like other Democrats have done. Of course, you all are free to vote your conscience if I fail to break 15% in your precinct, but I hope you'll back Stacey if that happens. Thank you again, and I wish all of you the best of luck on February 3.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »

Bullock February Schedule Pt. 1
February 1: Accept the endorsements of State House Speaker Steve Shurtleff, Manchester Mayor Joyce Craig, and State House Majority Leader Douglas Ley, in a Manchester rally. Campaign with surrogates in Manchester area.
February 2: Hold town hall at Southern New Hampshire University. Continue to campaign in Manchester area, going door-to-door and meeting voters.
February 3: Rally and campaign in Concord with Sen. Hassan, Speaker Shurtleff, and Representative Ley.

Additionally, all Bullock campaign staff remaining in Iowa will be transferred to New Hampshire after the caucus there.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 01:20:30 AM »

Thank you Iowa! Though we didn't get the finish we were hoping for, I'm immensely proud of my Iowa team for the support they could get us. Now, onwards to New Hampshire!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 06:45:47 PM »

Bullock Schedule February 4-11
The Bullock campaign intends to make one last push before New Hampshire, where they believe the Governor has the best chance of winning or coming in a close second. All campaign staff from Iowa have been moved here, and Bullock will exclusively focus on the state leading up to February 11th.

February 4: Head to Northern New Hampshire. Make campaign stops in the small towns of Pittsburg, Errol, Berlin, Jefferson, Bartlett, and Conway. Hold a town hall in Conway.
February 5: Head to Western New Hampshire. Make campaign stops in the small towns of Woodstock, Plymouth, Tilton, Lebanon, Claremont, and Chesterfield.
February 6: Campaign in southern New Hampshire, stopping in Keene, Hillsboro, Peterborough, Amherst, Loudon, and Laconia.
February 7: Rally with Sen. Hassan and surrogates in Concord. Go door-to-door, hitting as many Concord-area residences as possible. Town hall in Concord.
February 8: Head east, stopping in Northwood, Dover, Durham, Hampton, and Exeter. Town hall in Portsmouth.
February 9: Go door-to-door in Portsmouth and the New Hampshire coast, hitting as many residences as possible. Hold town hall in Nashua.
February 10: Go door-to-door in Manchester, hitting as many residences as possible. Rally with Sen. Hassan.
February 11: Barnstorm Manchester in the morning, turning out voters. Then, head south to Nashua to campaign more and drive turnout. Watch returns with surrogates at Nashua hotel.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2020, 05:40:15 PM »

Bullock Tweet
Thank you, New Hampshire! Tonight, we showed America that our campaign is very much alive and kicking! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my amazing staff and volunteers. Without you, this win would never have been possible. Congrats to Mr. Steyer for a race well run, and we'll see you all in Nevada!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »

OOC (but very important): What's the status of coronavirus in this timeline? This could definitely affect campaigns after Super Tuesday, specifically the Washington primary and campaign rallies.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »

Bullock Campaign Schedule and Strategy
Nevada and Onward

Strategy
As Nevada approaches, the Bullock campaign is making preparations both to maximize performance in the Silver State and to build Super Tuesday infrastructure from scratch. As it stands, the Bullock campaign believes their best chances at victory are in the western and northern states - specifically, Utah and Colorado (where Bullock has a regional advantage), Minnesota (lots of suburban and rural areas), and Vermont and Maine (rural neighbors to New Hampshire). While Bullock himself and most campaign staff rush to secure a solid finish in Nevada, the remainder of his staff as-of-yet unnamed surrogates will begin building campaign infrastructure in the above five states (the Iowa surrogates will help in Minnesota, and the New Hampshire surrogates in Vermont and Maine). In Nevada, the Bullock campaign will spend most of its time in Reno and the Las Vegas suburbs, where Bullock's message of unity will probably resonate the most. Bullock will also attempt to reach out to Hispanic voters by going door-to-door in numerous Las Vegas locations, meeting with community leaders, and holding a town hall every night.

Previously, Bullock has been reluctant to air TV ads, instead focusing on a solid groundgame - but with Super Tuesday approaching and name recognition low, Bullock's campaign decided to air television ads in their 'target states' of Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota, Vermont, and Maine (and potentially California, pending Nevada results and internals). In addition to running the 'Pioneers' ad from 2019, the campaign will also run the following ad:

Bullock Ad: Values
Airing in Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota, Vermont, and Maine

Bullock: Today, our nation is the most divided it's been since the civil war, and nowhere are these fractures more visible than Washington, D.C, where the politicians who should be representing us are constantly fighting over petty partisan issues, not working to improve our lives.

Bullock: And, we have a president who starts wars against members of both parties for little rhyme and reason, and conspires with his lackeys in Congress to wage legislative war against the American people.

Bullock: But, the American people are better than this - stronger than this. This nation was built upon the values of independence, individualism, but above all - cooperation and unity. While we've wavered from these lofty ideals in the past - and sometimes in the present - everyday Americans have always exemplified the best of these beliefs, and it's time that the President and Congress listened.  

Bullock: I'm running for President to bring everyday American values - which Democrats, Independents, and Republicans all cherish - back to Washington D.C. As Governor of Montana, I passed Medicare expansion and crucial land protections despite Montana's conservative lean. As President, I'll continue to work across the aisle to get things done for the common man. I'm asking for your vote today, because we need your help to bring this vision to the White House. Let's win this fight together!

Bullock: I'm Governor Steve Bullock, and I approve this message

Schedule
February 12: Stop in Denver and Salt Lake City to set up campaign offices. Fly into Las Vegas for night rally with Mayor Goodman and Attorney General Marshall.
February 13: Campaign in western Las Vegas suburbs, going door-to-door and building relations with prospective voters. Hold town hall at Palo Verde High School in Summerlin.
February 14: Campaign in northern Las Vegas suburbs, going door-to-door and building relations with prospective voters. Hold town hall at Mojave High School.
February 15: Campaign in Enterprise and Paradise, going door-to-door and building relations with prospective voters. Hold town hall at Hope Church.
February 16: Campaign in Searchlight, Henderson, and Boulder City, holding meet-and-greets in each of these cities. Hold town hall at Boulder City High School.
February 17: Hold second Las Vegas rally with surrogates. Campaign in central Las Vegas and Sunrise Manor. Visit veterans at Nellis AFB.
February 18: Meet with Hispanic community leaders in central Las Vegas, hold minority-focused town hall at Valley High School. Continue to go door-to-door campaigning.
February 19: Continue to campaign in central Las Vegas, focusing on door-to-door minority outreach. Town hall at Chaparral High School.
February 20: Campaign up the US-95 corridor, with meet-and-greet stops at Indian Springs, Beatty, Tonopah, Hawthorne, Fallon, and Fernley. Hold Central Nevada town halls at Tonopah and Winnemucca.
February 21: Campaign door-to-door in Reno area, hold town hall in downtown Reno.
February 22: Campaign in Reno in the morning with a focus on getting voters to the polling places. Fly into Las Vegas to continue voter turnout operations in the suburbs. Hold watch party at Sam's Town Hotel in East Vegas.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies