Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:56:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31543 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »

Mike Pence's speech on healthcare - August 2019, Iowa

Hello, my fellow Americans! Thank you for your hospitality and thank you for having me, let's Make America Great Again shall we?

Today, I am here to speak with you about an issue that is on everyone's mind and that is very important to me too: healthcare and how to make it affordable, fair and covering all Americans. You see, there is no doubt that Obamacare is a massive failure. If it had succeeded in reforming the healthcare system, no one, especially not the Democrats, would be proposing a massive overhaul of it. But it didn't. It caused runaway costs, websites worth millions that don't work, premiums going up, competition and choices going down. The healthcare system is in desperate need for a change if it's not to collapse, and we, the Republicans, made a massive mistake in 2017 when we tried to do it. A lack of vision from Paul Ryan, the chief architect of the repeal bill, caused us to present to the public a horrible bill, not much better than Obamacare, which got us stuck with this disaster and created the perception among a lot of people that Obamacare might be the lesser evil compared to what the GOP is trying to do. This Administration will change that. We have already proposed moderate reforms, and we will continue to do so in order to broaden healthcare access, make healthcare more affordable and improve the quality of care.

One of the first reforms that I will seek to implement if re-elected is to modify existing law in order to allow insurance companies to sell across state lines as long as they comply with state requirements. By allowing full competition, prices will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up. I will also seek to allow individuals to deduct their premiums from their tax returns. This will ensure, in combination with the companies selling across state lines, that anyone wishing for insurance can afford it. I will also allow individuals to accumulate a lot more into their HSAs. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate. I will also block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources. Only if we implement this crucial reforms, together with the plans I announced weeks before with Senators Murkowski and Collins AND we need to remove illegal immigrants from the country so we don't have to pay for their healthcare, grow our economy through tax cuts, deregulation, winning the trade war and produce a lot more energy in order to reduce our reliance on social programs as well as eliminate all waste and fraud from the system. We will also consult foundations, NGOs, think tanks and common people like you to create other policies designed to lower the costs of healthcare.  Only this way, with a valid, functional replacement ALREADY in place we can safely repeal the Obamacare disaster without affecting the life of millions.

Thank you, let's make America healthy again and let's make America GREAT again!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »

Response to Sen. Portman
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2020, 08:32:27 PM »

(NON-GAMEPLAY POST, THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I'M DOING THIS)

Today I saw that Stacey is planning to be president by 2040. Last I checked, that's not how that works.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/31/stacey-abrams-president-2040-109869
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »

(NON-GAMEPLAY POST, THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I'M DOING THIS)

Today I saw that Stacey is planning to be president by 2040. Last I checked, that's not how that works.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/31/stacey-abrams-president-2040-109869

This article says 2024, even if she isn't Biden's VP.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2020, 09:29:55 PM »

Gillibrand Released Reproductive Rights Plan
Credit to medium.com for the photo

Access
I will do everything in my power to protect access of safe, legal abortion. A large majority of Americans support Roe v. Wade, and our women deserve a President who will their right to make decisions about their own bodies. We have to reject politicians’ efforts to chip away at reproductive health care access in Congress and in states across the country. I would end harmful policies like the Hyde Amendment, which disproportionately restricts access to abortion for low-income women and women of color. I would repeal President Trump’s gag rule, because no politician should come between doctors and their patients.
Prevention
I will protect access to health care that prevents unintended pregnancy. Let’s state the obvious: If politicians really wanted to decrease abortion rates, rather than just interfere in women’s lives, they’d get serious about defending and expanding access to birth control, guaranteeing sex education, and investing in — not gutting — Title X family planning funding. This is basic health care, and we won’t go backward on it.
Care
I will protect doctors and organizations that provide abortion, not defund, silence, criminalize or endanger them. The lies Mike Pence peddles about abortion providers put them and their patients in grave danger. We must put a stop to clinic violence by protecting the doctors, nurses and clinic workers who provide abortion care. And I will always protect funding for Planned Parenthood, a life-saving, necessary health care provider for millions of Americans.
Courts
I will protect the courts from being taken over by anti-choice extremists. As president, I will only nominate judges — including Supreme Court justices — who will commit to upholding Roe v. Wade as settled law and protect women’s reproductive rights. mericans are guaranteed the constitutional right to legal abortion in Roe v. Wade, and it’s past time for Republicans to stop using the issue as a political football. In fact, it’s past time for Republican politicians to stop interfering in women’s personal lives, period. Our right to make personal health decisions for ourselves and our families is nonnegotiable. In the face of relentless attacks from the Trump administration and its allies in Congress, I have always stood up to protect women’s most fundamental human rights. As president, I won’t just continue to defend women’s civil rights from political attacks — I’ll make guaranteeing those rights a priority. Women are half of this country, and they deserve nothing less.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2020, 12:36:52 AM »

Gillibrand February Campaign Schedule
Credit to WikiMedia Commons for the photo

February 1st - 9th: South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
- Open new Campaign Office
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the College of Charleston
- Meet with South Carolina Democrats
- Town Hall
- Interview via Skype
- Speak at South Carolina Democrats Event
- Launch "South Carolina for Kirsten" Initiative

Columbia, South Carolina
- Meet with local Business Owners
- Speak at the University of South Carolina
- Town Hall
- Meet with High School Democrats of South Carolina
- Launch Economic Equality Plan
- Meet with Moms Demand Action

Greenville, South Carolina
- Fundraiser
- Town Hall
- Meet Seniors at Retirement Home
- Meet with local Union Workers
- Attend Local Concert
- Meet with local Teachers

February 10th - 25th: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Town Hall
- Meet with Students at Local Recreation Center
- Meet with Seniors at Retirement Home
- Door to Door with Volunteers
- Voter Registration Drive
- Launch "Nevada for Kirsten" Initiative
- Attend Local Concert
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Speak at Nevada State College
- Meet with Moms Demand Action
- Launch LGBTQ Equality Plan
- Launch "Latinos para Kirsten" Initiative

Reno, Nevada
- Meet with Nevada Democrats
- Speak at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Town Hall
- Interview via Skype
- Film Campaign Ad
- Fundraiser

February 26th - 27th: Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Town Hall
- Fundraiser
- Speak at the University of Iowa

February 28th: New Hampshire
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Speak at St. Anslem College
- Fundraiser
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2020, 01:17:18 AM »

Klobuchar Debate Answers

Credits: Politico

Opening Statement:
I’d like to thank CNN for hosting this debate and everyone for tuning in to see this display of powerful patriotism. It’s never an easy decision to decide to run for President of the United States but everyone here has seen and had enough of all the corruption and mudslinging holding our government hostage, making the choice to do something about it is the ultimate display of love for one’s country and ultimately, I believe that what unites everyone up here, the twelve of us, is much stronger than what divides us and I think that's true of our country too. Now, I may not be the loudest person up here but it’s safe to say that the American people don’t want loud, we already have that in the White House. We need something different. I am someone that tells the truth. I am someone that doesn’t make promises that I can’t keep. I have people’s back and I believe that to win you bring people with you and that is how you govern, not by making cheap insults and permeating unfounded rhetoric but by uniting the country, blue and red, to get things done for the American people. That is exactly what I have done in the United States Senate. As the lead Democratic Senator for the most bills, I can tell you that it’s not easy to pass more than 100 bills through Congress but nevertheless, we did it. From pushing to lower the price of prescription drugs to investing in wind and solar development, I can get the job done. Might I also add that some of my female colleagues are up on this stage and I think it’s great to have a historic number of women running for public office, just look at our records and you’ll see we too can get the job done. Now, you’re going to hear a lot of ideas up here, some will be great and some will not, but if you feel stuck in the middle of the extremes in our politics and you are tired of the noise and the nonsense, you’ve got a home with me. Because I don’t want to be the president for half of America -- I want to be the president for all of America.

Question: Many Americans continue to believe that climate change is a hoax, as propagated by former President Trump and Alex Jones. How would you attempt to convince these people of the science behind climate change?

Answer:
The climate crisis isn’t happening in 100 years — it’s happening now. 2018 was the fourth-hottest year on record globally and it was another near-record year for U.S. weather and climate disasters. The dire warnings in the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change make clear that immediate action is needed and lays out how displacement and destruction caused by climate-related natural disasters threaten our economy and national security. The facts are clear, climate change is real and we don’t have enough time to debate the politics of it because it is an existential crisis so to those discredit this phenomenon are blatantly overlooking science and the only thing we can do, is present the evidence and get to work. That is why I am deeply committed to tackling the climate crisis because it is an urgent priority for our communities, for our economy and for our planet. That is why I am a co-sponsor of the Green New Deal and have signed the No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge.  On day one of my presidency I will get us back into the International Climate Change Agreement. On day two and day three, I will bring back and strengthen clean power rules and gas mileage standards that the Obama Administration put into place.  And I will put forward sweeping legislation that provides a landmark investment in clean-energy jobs and infrastructure, provides incentives for tougher building codes, promotes rural renewable energy and development, supports a landmark carbon pricing system that does not have a regressive impact on Americans, promotes “buy clean” policies, and puts our country on a path to achieving 100% net-zero emissions no later than 2050.

Closing Statement:
As we come to a close, it’s important to understand that no matter whoever the nominee is, they must be able to build a united and energized grassroots coalition across the country that can go toe to toe with the Republican nominee. I’ve done this. I was born and raised in America’s heartland, what many people consider fly-over country I consider home and it is in this home where I got the famous grit many Senators have found burns inside of me. It is with this grit that I was able to become the first female Senator of Minnesota, winning both blue and red across the state. It is with this grit that I was able to bi-partisanly pass the most bills out of any Democratic Senator. And it is with this grit that I will fight to improve the lives and futures of every single American. From tackling Climate Change and the effects it has to our economy, communities (especially ones of color), and health to investing in our crumbling infrastructure more so than any other candidate on this stage has proposed. I know I can get it done because I’ve got the track sheet to show it, I just need your support to make it reality. Together America, we can push and spread the message for pragmatic progress, join our movement at amyklobuchar.com. Thank you.
RGM2609
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2020, 04:01:21 AM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Kirsten Gillibrand wants to protect this mass massacre happening in our country ever since Roe v. Wade under the name of "Reproductive rights". I won't stand for it. If re-elected, I will swiftly take away Planned Parenthood's funds and give them back to the people through tax cuts. No organisation performing this massacre will take federal funds under my watch! Let the Dems fund them if they love them so much.
RGM2609
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2020, 04:13:31 AM »

Mike Pence's schedule - September 2019 - Iowa, Iowa and Iowa

Mike Pence did over 150 rallies and town halls in Iowa in September 2019, visiting 70 of the state's 99 counties, especially the evangelical, rural ones. He once again repeated his campaign's narrative of fighting against the swamp and career politicians from DC, with a touch of religious policies. He basically moved there, with only a few days spent in Washington to push for his new proposals.
RGM2609
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2020, 07:30:10 AM »

Mike Pence's speech at the local Church in Estherville, Iowa

Hello, my fellow Christians and my fellow Americans. It feels so good to be here with so many servants of our Lord and thank you for letting me attending religious service with you.

But do you know who doesn't serve our Lord or for that matter of fact the people? Washington. I know it since I lived there for quite some time, that there are some of the worst people, the swamp as I call them, who lost contact with God, with the American Christian values and with the people and couldn't care less about any of them. The only thing THEY care about is their political career and the wishes of donors and lobbyists. They look down on us, who kept the values of Christianity. They call us inadequate, stupid, even deplorable. The swamp and the fake news media thinks we are deplorable. Well, it would be about time for those deplorables to strike back! (pause for applause)

The swamp and the fake news media constantly undermined our very great President Donald Trump whom we the deplorables elected and voted for despite them telling us not to. They said he was elected unfairly, that is was somehow rigged. Ultimately, President Trump was stopped by nature not by them. Now, they're trying to do the same thing to me, spreading lies about me, doing anything they can to stop me from accomplishing anything, even if it would be greatly beneficial for the country. We need to stick it to them, show them again that they are not the boss, and vote for a conservative, Christian Administration in 2020. And I am the only candidate who not only believes in God but has a record of fighting for Christian values and beliefs as a Representative, Governor, Vice President and President. I have always supported the right to life of the unborn, the sacred institution of marriage and the need to care for the sick, poor and disabled. As President, I will continue saying "Merry Christmas" not "Happy Holiday", fight radical islam and if I am reelected, I will immediately, immediately defund the Planned Parenthood murderous organization for the sake of the kids! We need a true Christian in government, and that is what I offer to you.

Thank you, God bless you and God bless the USA! Let's Make America Great Again everyone!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2020, 09:11:56 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2020, 04:11:44 PM by Entropy In Action »

Current Endorsements:
Democrats

Stacey Abrams
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Karen Bass, US Rep. from CA-37
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05 and civil rights activist
Al Sharpton, minister and civil rights activist

Tammy Baldwin
Tony Evers, Governor of Wisconsin
Cindy Axne, US Rep. from IA-03
Service Employees International Union

Cory Booker
Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
Jim Clyburn, House Majority Whip, US Rep. from SC-06
NAACP, civil rights organization

Steve Bullock
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Tom Miller, Attorney General of Iowa

Kirsten Gillibrand
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Abby Finkenauer, US Rep. from IA-01
Jacky Rosen, US Senator from Nevada

Amy Klobuchar
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
Catherine Cortez Masto, US Senator from Nevada
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa

Jeff Merkley
Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont
Sherrod Brown, US Senator from Ohio

Seth Moulton
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
AFL-CIO, major labor union
Chris Pappas, US Rep. from NH-01
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02

Jon Stewart
Stephen Colbert, television show host and comedian
John Oliver, television show host and comedian

Tom Steyer
John Lynch, former Governor of New Hampshire
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington
Ted Lieu, US Rep. from CA-33
Sierra Club, environmentalist organization

Republicans

Alex Jones
Gavin McInnes, conservative commentator
Steve King, US Rep. from IA-04

Rand Paul
Tim Scott, US Senator from South Carolina
Thomas Massie, US Rep. from KY-04
Bill Lee, Governor of Tennessee
Rob Portman, US Senator from Ohio
John Kasich, former Governor of Ohio
Josh Hawley, US Senator from Missouri

Mike Pence
Kim Reynolds, Governor of Iowa
Ron Johnson, US Senator from Wisconsin
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas
Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama
Jim Justice, Governor of West Virginia
Phil Bryant, Governor of Mississippi

Ivanka Trump
Nikki Haley, former US Ambassador to the United Nations
Marco Rubio, US Senator from Florida

Polling (22-25 June 2019)

Democrats
Tom Steyer - 15%
Stacey Abrams - 13%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 13%
Seth Moulton - 10%
Steve Bullock - 8%
Amy Klobuchar - 8%
Cory Booker - 7%
Tammy Baldwin - 5%
Jeff Merkley - 4%
Jon Stewart - 3%
Others - 0%
Undecided - 14%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 46%

Ivanka Trump - 19%
Rand Paul - 15%
Alex Jones - 4%
Jim Jordan - 4%
Undecided - 12%

Credits:
Tom Steyer: 0
Stacey Abrams: 0.6
Kirsten Gillibrand: 0
Seth Moulton: 0
Steve Bullock: 1.6
Amy Klobuchar: 0
Cory Booker: 0
Tammy Baldwin: 0
Jeff Merkley: 0.8
Jon Stewart: 0.6

Mike Pence: 0.4
Ivanka Trump: 3.8
Rand Paul: 0.8
Alex Jones: 0.8
Jim Jordan: 0.8 (+2 endorsements)

For those currently polling low, I would remind you that these numbers aren't necessarily how things will look in February (March IRL, ironically). John Kerry and Alex Sink started out polling at 5 and 6% respectively in my last successful game, and went on to get more than 1000 delegates apiece.

Also, for those feeling like they're missing credits, early purchases and reservations were accounted for prior to posting.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2020, 11:00:52 AM »

Tom Steyer New Endorsement

Transcript: After 4 years of corruption and denial in the WH, we support Tom Steyer in 2020. He's a dedicated conservationist and a climate fighter.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »

SEIU Endorses Tammy Baldwin for President

Source

“The SEIU is proud to endorse Tammy Baldwin for President. During her time in Congress, she has been a fighter for the same policies that we support as the nation’s largest labor union, like employee representation on corporate boards, a $15 an hour minimum wage, paid family leave, and undoing anti-union bills like Right to Work. Tammy Baldwin has worked for the working class since she got into politics, and we believe she will continue this record as President.”
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2020, 11:33:17 AM »

Rosen Announces Endorsement
Credit to Flickr for the photo

I believe that it is necessary that we have a President that will reflect the diversity of our country in HER Cabinet. As Senator from Nevada, I represent a very diverse and active group of people, and I believe that it is my Civil Duty to endorse someone for the Office of President that will reflect that. That is why I am endorsing Kirsten Gillibrand to be the next President of the United States!
RGM2609
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2020, 11:40:42 AM »

Bryant, Ivey, Justice endorsed Mike Pence for President

3 governors of deeply Republican states have endorsed Mike Pence today, following his big lead in the polls. Those are Phil Bryant of Mississippi, Kay Ivey of Alabama and Jim Justice of West Virginia. The Pence campaign hopes to secure the South and republican coal states before the campaign heads into its final phase. All 3 will campaign in their home and neighboring states and expressed the following reason for the endorsement: "President Pence is working hard to Drain the Swamp and MAGA, continuing what the great President Donald Trump started, and we want to help him succeed in bringing prosperity to our country"
RGM2609
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »

This Administration has been working hard to bring forward proposals that will help the people of this nation, and what did the Democrats do? NOTHING! They are a party which does nothing, while the Republicans are the party that gets things done.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »

Gillibrand Response to Pence Tweet
RGM2609
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2020, 12:06:37 PM »

Mike Pence signs executive order on wall

Mike Pence: "This executive order is part of a crucial effort to stop the massive, horrific illegal immigration that is taking place and protect the American workers and jobs. I hope that this will lead to increased prosperity, an end to the crime and drug issues that we've been dealing with for the past years and a country where the rule of law is uncontested."

The orders declares a national emergency concerning the Southern border of the United States and redirects $1.8 billion from military construction, $1.3 billion from DoD's drug interdiction activities and $300 million from Treasury's forfeiture fund into the construction of the border wall.
RGM2609
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2020, 12:11:28 PM »

@kirstengillibrand Here is a full list of what we have done and you didn't: tax reform, infrastructure package, lobbyist reforms, fight to overturn Citizens United, school choice and affordability, lowering the cost of prescription drugs, full price transparency from hospitals, border security, replacing DeVos etc. I've done a lot of what you listed and Dems didn't...
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »

Tom Steyer Tweet

Transcript: While the President cuts our law enforcement for his fantasy wall, we're rolling out plans to reduce overdoses and end the opioid crisis.
RGM2609
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2020, 02:41:33 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2020, 02:44:39 PM by RGM2609 »

Interesting! When Stacey Nowhere-to-be-found Abrams talked about this issue, I invited her to the WH to walk the walk on opioid addiction! Guess how that turned out! She refused to do anything under some stupid pretexts because the DEMS don't care about this issue and are using it for political gain! So is the Chief Swampist here...

...because when I proposed a bill making the life of all this people easier, he threatened YOUR US Representatives into voting against (he should be in jail for that if you ask me). My Administration will solve the opioid crisis without their help. It is sad that...

...so many talented Democrats, even if we disagree on policies, are, according to the polls, under the Chief Swampist and Nowhere-to-be-found. I hope the competent people in the party who care about the people will rise and take it back from people who should have long been in jail and frauds...

...Also, the WALL will stop all of the drugs coming through that border (90% of them), solving a lot of the opioid crisis. Ironical, right?
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »

Adding on to the original tweet:

"The President still refuses to address his record on gay rights. I don't understand what's so difficult about saying whether you are for or against gay marriage. I hope some Republicans join me on this issue and call for the President to clarify his position on gay marriage. A few months ago, I had a nice conversation with Sen. Portman about gay rights. He used to be against it, but he realized he was wrong and supports the right to marriage. Sen. Portman's son is homosexual, would the President take away the right for him to marry the man he loves?"
RGM2609
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2020, 03:19:08 PM »

Stacey Abrams was busy releasing an opioid addiction plan and when I invited her to put it into action she deflected (probably knowing it was a scam). If you don't want to apply it, why release it? Might it have been for political gain?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Rolls Out Opioid Response Plan in Elliot County KY

This speech was made on Tom's "Deep Red" tour to speak to Trump voters

Quote from: Tom Steyer October 25th
I've been in Kentucky and West Virginia for these past few days, I've had the pleasure to meet a lot of hard working folk. People who do honest work for honest pay, I've made honest to god friends on this trip. It's just damn heartbreaking to see how they get treated by Washington, to see how the broken corporate establishment treats hard working people. Honest to god they see you all just for the profit you can make. At least that's the case for the Sackler family companies, when the dump millions of pills on a small town. We need accountability and we need justice. Executives responsible for these criminal and abusive actions need to be locked up. Then we need to restore regulations and rules to make sure that these corporations never get away with this again.

In the President's rush to slash regulations into pieces, he's forgetting the people that elected Donald Trump into office. A lot of ya'll did, isn't that right?

(Crowd nods and agrees)

He said he was for the working man, yet President Trump and President Pence now are rushing to rip regulations to pieces. They're not even looking, and its the influence of the lobbyists that does it. I'm a businessman, I'm not a career politician, I'm not a political insider. I'm not beholden to the lobbyists or the opioid executives money. We'll regulate the vile practices they did out of existence, put more resources into Naloxone distribution, and then we'll lock up those responsible for the crimes against hard working Americans.

(Applause)

Then we gotta give local communities the resources to fight back. Local fire departments and EMT, they don't have the resources to fight back. They were barely afloat before the crisis. Not under my plan, millions more for local emergency services, I say yes! I say these brave men and women deserve the best technology and equipment, this is America and they deserve more than Washington corruption and Republican cuts.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2020, 03:41:49 PM »

BREKING NEWS
AP News Poll Shows Bullock, Merkley Favorites Out of CNN Town Hall Participants

In a surprising twist, the winners of the CNN Commander-in-Chief Town Hall were not the usual frontrunners, but rather Montana Governor Steve Bullock and Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley. Both campaigns touted this as victory when the poll was released. A number of people cited the fact that Bullock and Merkley both explained their rejection of the President's tax cuts (which went on to fail in the House) without denying the tax cuts to the poor and middle class, something Pence had been stressing on Twitter for weeks ahead of the forum.

Experts believe that this showing will help both candidates gain a much-needed boost, as Merkley, in particular, often polls toward the rear of the Democratic Party. Merkley spokeswoman Martina McLennan cited the poll as "proof people really do care about Jeff's position on the issues, and that he has a real shot of winning the nomination next year, regardless of what the pollsters and pundits say about it."

Also in the top five were Rand Paul, Stacey Abrams, and (in a tie) long-feuding frontrunners (per the latest Morning Consult poll) Tom Steyer and Mike Pence.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies