NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:28:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 169
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 93864 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2023, 06:02:14 PM »

Trumpworld already has plans to hit back. Good segment on Bannon about their plans to organize and retaliate.

The only real plan anyone in "Trumpworld" has is to shovel more disgusting food into their fat faces. A relatively small mob of savages will attack the occasional government building and that will be it. Republicans are desperate for their people to go out and cause the kind of destruction that the 2020 summer rioters caused, but I doubt it will happen.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2023, 06:05:46 PM »

I think we’re all excited for what comes after.

I have to say, it's really concerning that you keep talking about how excited you are about potential domestic terrorism.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2023, 06:09:11 PM »

Is that happening right now? Or has court recessed for the day and it would happen tomorrow?

The indictment would presumably remain sealed until they’re ready to book and arraign him.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2023, 06:10:41 PM »

I have to say, it's really concerning that you keep talking about how excited you are about potential domestic terrorism.
Mostly peaceful protests and blowback in the media isn’t domestic terrorism.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2023, 06:10:43 PM »

I've also heard that the reason we heard "today or Wednesday" for a potential indictment is that the grand jury doesn't meet every day, and tomorrow is a day off for them.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2023, 06:13:12 PM »

Is that happening right now? Or has court recessed for the day and it would happen tomorrow?

The indictment would presumably remain sealed until they’re ready to book and arraign him.

Ah. So this may or may not have already happened, and the public wouldn't be privy to that information. Got it.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2023, 06:13:28 PM »

Then why wouldn't you want to be in NY if it's just peaceful protests?

I’d recommend you listen to Bannon’s War Room podcast if you want to hear what they’re planning. I’m glad I’m not in NYC today if this is true.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2023, 06:15:54 PM »

Then why wouldn't you want to be in NY if it's just peaceful protests?

I’d recommend you listen to Bannon’s War Room podcast if you want to hear what they’re planning. I’m glad I’m not in NYC today if this is true.
“Mostly”.

I’m in NY, just not in the city. I don’t like dealing with activity or commotion. My apartment is in Times Square and I hated commotion on New Years and after the World Cup. Work in the West Village and hated Letitia James’s stunt yesterday.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2023, 06:27:21 PM »

I'm guessing it won't happen until Wednesday, if it happens at all.
The DA has put too many things in place to not indict him

The Grand Jury still has to vote to indict
True but a grand jury job is to decide if the prosecution has even evidence to go to trial and considering that the Trump witness today to the reportedly went so bad that Cohen wasn’t called back to refute it points to odds they won’t indict being on the lower end
Splash
United States

« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2023, 06:54:21 PM »

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2023, 06:57:07 PM »

Thought about throwing this a rec for the trolling but I'm not gonna
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2023, 11:03:06 PM »

Watching CNN clips on YouTube (CNN's official channel). According to CNN's senior crime and justice correspondant Shimon Prokupecz, "we're getting indications that that actually absolutely is not true; the soonest, the earliest that we could see the (former) President ... indicted ... would be next week".

No idea how much credibility that has.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2023, 09:36:22 AM »

The MAGA GOPer's crusade against the Manhattan DA is more than just a disgrace. If he's innocent as he claims, he'll be acquitted.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2023, 11:05:51 AM »

Watching CNN clips on YouTube (CNN's official channel). According to CNN's senior crime and justice correspondant Shimon Prokupecz, "we're getting indications that that actually absolutely is not true; the soonest, the earliest that we could see the (former) President ... indicted ... would be next week".

No idea how much credibility that has.

More than Trump's claim that he'd be arrested today,
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/03/21/politics/republicans-trump-playbook/index.html
A source close to Trump's legal team told CNN on Monday that they do not have any guidance on the timing of a potential indictment beyond that they been told by the DA that nothing is expected Tuesday. While an indictment could happen as soon as this week, it is more likely that any potential court appearance by the former president would not occur before next week, a senior law enforcement official familiar with the ongoing discussions about security told CNN.

Trump is well on his way to transforming his crimes into a reality tv show.

Trump is so willfully ignorant about anything that he doesn't care about, it's easy to forget that he is quite talented at his personal flavor of hucksterism.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2023, 01:34:32 PM »

*surprised pikachu*

Business Insider:

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/world/story/us-attorney-who-is-likely-to-arrest-donald-trump-got-funding-from-george-soros-report-374010-2023-03-19

George Soros, a Hungarian-American billionaire who recently targeted India's Adani Group, is currently under attack in America for allegedly funding the attorney who is said to be preparing to arrest former US President Donald Trump.

Trump is facing a probe for allegedly paying a hush-money to adult film star Stormy Daniels and reports suggest that he may be arrested by next week. The probe against Trump is being led by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who according to reports got support from a political action committee that took money from George Soros.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2023, 01:38:16 PM »

*surprised pikachu*

Business Insider:

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/world/story/us-attorney-who-is-likely-to-arrest-donald-trump-got-funding-from-george-soros-report-374010-2023-03-19

George Soros, a Hungarian-American billionaire who recently targeted India's Adani Group, is currently under attack in America for allegedly funding the attorney who is said to be preparing to arrest former US President Donald Trump.

Trump is facing a probe for allegedly paying a hush-money to adult film star Stormy Daniels and reports suggest that he may be arrested by next week. The probe against Trump is being led by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who according to reports got support from a political action committee that took money from George Soros.

Wow, Soros is awesome.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2023, 01:43:49 PM »

*surprised pikachu*

Business Insider:

Democratic donor backs Democratic politician. More at 11.

Genuinely don't know what you think this proves. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2023, 01:54:09 PM »

Is this something that's gonna actually go anywhere or were people just hyped up by Trump over a lot of nothing?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2023, 02:06:35 PM »

*surprised pikachu*

Business Insider:

Bragg is not currently a U.S. Attorney, although he previously served as one before becoming the New York County (Manhattan) District Attorney -- a state level office.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2023, 02:10:27 PM »

*surprised pikachu*

Business Insider:

Democratic donor backs Democratic politician. More at 11.

Genuinely don't know what you think this proves. 

Really? Translating Nazi-speak is pretty simple. He's "suggesting" that he prefers to believe there's an international Jewish conspiracy against Der FuherPresident Trump rather than acknowledge that Mr. Trump may have broken the law.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2023, 02:20:18 PM »

Is this something that's gonna actually go anywhere or were people just hyped up by Trump over a lot of nothing?

He's going to be indicted if that's what you mean. Whether he's convicted or not is hard to predict right now.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2023, 02:25:33 PM »

So indictment isn't going to happen today? And next week at earliest?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2023, 02:27:25 PM »

Hopefully the DA has been talked out of it.  Whatever you think of Trump, this leads nowhere good.  Would likely result in every former president being prosecuted going forward. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2023, 02:27:47 PM »

So indictment isn't going to happen today? And next week at earliest?

Probably not today because I've seen reports that the grand jury doesn't meet today.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe later.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2023, 02:29:10 PM »

Hopefully the DA has been talked out of it.  Whatever you think of Trump, this leads nowhere good.  Would likely result in every former president being prosecuted going forward. 

This is equivalent to saying that former Presidents should be entitled to break laws with impunity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 169  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies