NY: Trump on Trial!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:28:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 88
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 61774 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2023, 11:33:44 PM »

Trump did reimburse him for it though. He produced the check.

Wait. Seriously?

Damn, I think this case is toast.

No jury is every going to believe that Donald Trump actually paid what he owed someone.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2023, 11:41:36 PM »

Trump did reimburse him for it though. He produced the check.

Wait. Seriously?

Damn, I think this case is toast.

No jury is every going to believe that Donald Trump actually paid what he owed someone.

Crap you’re right 😭
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2023, 09:11:49 AM »

oh FFS this is getting ridiculous. just wrap this crap up already. i guess this is our own fault for getting our hopes up there would be something this week because of trump's now clear lie, but come on. every single time there is some development in any of the 3 Trump cases, it's literally just another thing to prolong them.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2023, 09:16:45 AM »

oh FFS this is getting ridiculous. just wrap this crap up already. i guess this is our own fault for getting our hopes up there would be something this week because of trump's now clear lie, but come on. every single time there is some development in any of the 3 Trump cases, it's literally just another thing to prolong them.

Tbf there were a bunch of legal experts earlier this week who said next week was a more likely indictment time than this week but doesn’t make the tease less annoying 😭
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2023, 10:06:36 AM »

Don't get your hopes up for next week either.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2023, 10:08:13 AM »

Part of me wonders if Bragg is just dragging this out to mess with Trump's state of mind.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2023, 10:12:19 AM »

Part of me wonders if Bragg is just dragging this out to mess with Trump's state of mind.

Could be. Though could also be that he rushed through the process just to realize right before the finishline it takes more to make sure indictment is indeed approved.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2023, 10:48:58 AM »

If I had to bet money, I don't think Trump will be indicted. I'll believe it when I see it. Its been 8 years of investigations.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2023, 01:48:41 PM »

If I had to bet money, I don't think Trump will be indicted. I'll believe it when I see it. Its been 8 years of investigations.

Yep. Trump is great at using this stuff to rile up the marks on both sides and create buzz.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2023, 02:13:14 PM »

The DA has taken all the steps needed to go forward with an indictment they just haven't voted on it yet.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2023, 02:49:39 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2023, 03:26:21 PM »

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2023, 03:38:15 PM »

Those are preview images in an article he retweeted, not images (not that it matters).
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2023, 07:09:34 PM »

EVERYBODY KNOWS I’M 100% INNOCENT, INCLUDING BRAGG, BUT HE DOESN’T CARE. HE IS JUST CARRYING OUT THE PLANS OF THE RADICAL LEFT LUNATICS. OUR COUNTRY IS BEING DESTROYED, AS THEY TELL US TO BE PEACEFUL!

That's one of like a dozen of his freakout posts today, but that one appears to be a tacit approval of violence.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2023, 07:19:18 PM »

EVERYBODY KNOWS I’M 100% INNOCENT, INCLUDING BRAGG, BUT HE DOESN’T CARE. HE IS JUST CARRYING OUT THE PLANS OF THE RADICAL LEFT LUNATICS. OUR COUNTRY IS BEING DESTROYED, AS THEY TELL US TO BE PEACEFUL!

That's one of like a dozen of his freakout posts today, but that one appears to be a tacit approval of violence.

It's a definite endorsement of violence (again).

And also..."EVERYBODY KNOWS I'M 100% INNOCENT"...hahahahahahhahaha!
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2023, 08:19:46 PM »

In a way, I'd rather see this now instead of later. In a better world, we'd never see it at all, but that option wasn't available once Trump was on the national political stage. Whether it was over his crimes or over a campaign, Trump was always going to call for violence when he didn't get his way, just like he did on January 6th.

But of all the scenarios where Trump calls for more terrorism and treason, this one is probably the most likely to fail (and hopefully destroy him). Calling for treason and an end to the rule of law, two years before an election, because he doesn't want to go on trial for lying about bribing the sex worker he cheated on his wife with sounds like the least persuasive call to arms he can make. I hope he keeps digging until he's well and truly buried himself for good.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2023, 07:09:26 AM »

That's why it's 303 with wave insurance Rs aren't getting back any indies they lost in 2028/20/22

Trump and Desantis not blue avatars are still losing in that QU poll this early in a poll that has Biden at 39 percent Approval which it's not
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2023, 08:28:01 AM »

“What kind of person,” Mr. Trump wrote of Mr. Bragg, “can charge another person, in this case a former president of the United States, who got more votes than any sitting president in history, and leading candidate (by far!) for the Republican Party nomination, with a crime, when it is known by all that NO crime has been committed, & also that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our country?”

“Why & who would do such a thing? Only a degenerate psychopath that truely hates the USA!” the former president wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/24/us/politics/trump-bragg-indictment-protests.html

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2023, 08:35:46 AM »

He’s now threatening “death and destruction” to the United States and its people if he’s charged with a crime.

Shame on every single Trump voter.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2023, 09:47:45 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2023, 09:50:53 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I always make wave insurance not ratings maps we're gonna scoreboard watching anyways and in QU polls Biden isn't underwater he is leading Trump and Desantis by margin of error 50/47 the same as Obama and Biden as 2012 there are 5% more D's than RS 80/75 M in 2020 that is a landslide but 20 was pre J6

No one is gonna dare to insurrect unless Trump is arrested and put in prison and by then they probably gonna board business up post Floyd protests

Biden is Prez not RS that's why it's secure and nothing is gonna happen to us

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »

“Why & who would do such a thing? Only a degenerate psychopath that truely hates the USA!” the former president wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/24/us/politics/trump-bragg-indictment-protests.html

The projection is getting frighteningly on the nose.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2023, 11:47:06 AM »

So that's 3 separate implications of violence yesterday, which for me leaves no doubt what he's trying to do here.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2023, 12:06:14 PM »

So that's 3 separate implications of violence yesterday, which for me leaves no doubt what he's trying to do here.

The silver lining is that when it comes to more of Trump's incitement of terrorism and treason, this is probably the least effective time with the least-persuasive rationale that we could possibly get.
Redban

« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2023, 01:23:06 PM »

https://www.rove.com/article/3-23-23-wsj

I just read Karl Rove's article, "Trump’s Indictment Won’t Win Him Votes"

Usually, Rove is the most astute political commentator whom I've read / listened to. But this article is weak.

The main reason, he says, that Trump's indictment won't win him votes is that "if the charge is filed and the former president doesn’t plead guilty, the case will be heard. With Mr. Trump running again, there will be political fallout, especially if more indictments follow."

And Rove also argues that Trump made a lose-lose mistake by calling on his supporters to "PROTEST! PROTEST! PROTEST!"

But in this same article, Rove admits that Trump is now front-and-center on mainstream news whereas he was, for a while, an afterthought. He acknowledges that Trump has raised a ton of money since the story broke. He explains that the indictment has put the other GOP primary hopefuls in a tough spot, as they struggle to respond to questions about Trump's indictment. All of these details would indicate that the indictment is helping Trump, contrary to the title of Rove's article
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2023, 01:27:35 PM »

https://www.rove.com/article/3-23-23-wsj

I just read Karl Rove's article, "Trump’s Indictment Won’t Win Him Votes"

Usually, Rove is the most astute political commentator whom I've read / listened to. But this article is weak.

The main reason, he says, that Trump's indictment won't win him votes is that "if the charge is filed and the former president doesn’t plead guilty, the case will be heard. With Mr. Trump running again, there will be political fallout, especially if more indictments follow."

And Rove also argues that Trump made a lose-lose mistake by calling on his supporters to "PROTEST! PROTEST! PROTEST!"

But in this same article, Rove admits that Trump is now front-and-center on mainstream news whereas he was, for a while, an afterthought. He acknowledges that Trump has raised a ton of money since the story broke. He explains that the indictment has put the other GOP primary hopefuls in a tough spot, as they struggle to respond to questions about Trump's indictment. All of these details would indicate that the indictment is helping Trump, contrary to the title of Rove's article

I think this is one of those csaes where two things can be true: the pending indictment (let's not forget that it hasn't happened yet) may be helping Trump among GOP voters *right now* for the reasons you mentioned.  But once things become more serious, it will hurt him in the future -- possibly among GOP voters, but definitely in the general electorate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 88  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies