NY: Trump on Trial!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 89
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 62270 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2023, 02:33:14 PM »

Lindsay Graham says it would blow up the country.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3910819-graham-warns-trump-arrest-would-blow-up-our-country/

If there is an indictment, I hope that there is more behind it than I think there is. But just to expose, yet again, to the world that Graham is an attention whore circus act, does tend to tempt one to hope that it happens.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2023, 02:34:44 PM »

Lindsay Graham says it would blow up the country.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3910819-graham-warns-trump-arrest-would-blow-up-our-country/

If there is an indictment, I hope that there is more behind it than I think there is. But just to expose, yet again, to the world that Graham is an attention whore circus act, does tend to tempt one to hope that it happens.

Which Lindsey Graham of the many?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2023, 03:59:46 PM »

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2023, 04:20:03 PM »

Hopefully the DA has been talked out of it.  Whatever you think of Trump, this leads nowhere good.  Would likely result in every former president being prosecuted going forward. 

You are a reasonable and insightful poster, so I ask seriously, what is your concern?

If a former President has not actually broken the law, then if they are prosecuted with something without a real basis, I hope we could rely on them being acquitted by the justice system.

If you think that purely vindictive repeated prosecutions in which the prosecutor has no actual case would be an unfair annoyance to former Presidents who have actually done nothing wrong, I do agree that if that happened it would be a problem.

But if something like that were to happen, I would have thought the solution would not be to say that former Presidents can never be prosecuted for genuine crimes, but instead I would have thought the solution would be something like proposing some sort of legislation aimed at discouraging prosecutors from doing that, and punishing or disciplining prosecutors who act in that sort of way if they do so and repeatedly are unable to get convictions etc.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2023, 05:39:16 PM »

I don't feel that strongly about these particular charges, considering it's minor compared to many of the other crimes Trump has committed, but it is nice to see a prosecutor who seemingly isn't scared to do his job because of "not wanting to divide the country" or some other similar nonsense. Impunity for corrupt and criminal government officials going back to the Nixon pardon has been inexcusable.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2023, 06:02:02 PM »

Hmm, part of me thinks that tomorrow we'll be hearing "oh, it's really coming Thursday!" We shall see.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2023, 06:04:40 PM »

*surprised pikachu*

Business Insider:

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/world/story/us-attorney-who-is-likely-to-arrest-donald-trump-got-funding-from-george-soros-report-374010-2023-03-19

George Soros, a Hungarian-American billionaire who recently targeted India's Adani Group, is currently under attack in America for allegedly funding the attorney who is said to be preparing to arrest former US President Donald Trump.

Trump is facing a probe for allegedly paying a hush-money to adult film star Stormy Daniels and reports suggest that he may be arrested by next week. The probe against Trump is being led by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who according to reports got support from a political action committee that took money from George Soros.

Democratic donor backs Democratic politician. More at 11.

Genuinely don't know what you think this proves. 

It proves a (((conspiracy))) , of course.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2023, 07:20:05 PM »

Hopefully the DA has been talked out of it.  Whatever you think of Trump, this leads nowhere good.  Would likely result in every former president being prosecuted going forward. 

This is equivalent to saying that former Presidents should be entitled to break laws with impunity.
We all break laws, mostly with impunity. You have assuredly committed multiple felonies over the last year. Most of them go uncharged, but if a DA doesn't like you, he'll find something.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2023, 08:00:54 PM »

This is equivalent to saying that former Presidents should be entitled to break laws with impunity.
We all break laws, mostly with impunity. You have assuredly committed multiple felonies over the last year. Most of them go uncharged, but if a DA doesn't like you, he'll find something.

Huh?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2023, 09:05:20 PM »

This reminds me of how QAnon would keep setting up dates that they "calculated" based on Q info that Trump would order the mass arrests while he was in office or the dates that he supposedly would be reinstated and returned to power afterwards. After all of those ended up obviously false Q communities now actually frown on "date fagging" because of exactly this.

It's possible Trump might get indicted here and plenty of other cases as well. But predicting exact dates like this is a fool's errand.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2023, 09:11:57 PM »

This reminds me of how QAnon would keep setting up dates that they "calculated" based on Q info that Trump would order the mass arrests while he was in office or the dates that he supposedly would be reinstated and returned to power afterwards. After all of those ended up obviously false Q communities now actually frown on "date fagging" because of exactly this.

It's possible Trump might get indicted here and plenty of other cases as well. But predicting exact dates like this is a fool's errand.
There were probably some last-minute changes done behind the scenes.
In any case, things like this can happen for very mundane reasons I guess. Not worth pretending there is some "grand plan" that demands it happens on a given day and all of that.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2023, 09:18:02 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2023, 09:25:58 PM by Miscellaneous Top Secret Crumpets »

Agreed on not trying to predict a specific date, but the biggest difference between this and the QAnon predictions in my mind is that Hillary Clinton has never tweeted out "TRUMP IS GOING TO HAVE ME ARRESTED NEXT WEEK! -H"
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2023, 09:22:08 PM »

No harm in predicting a date though. It's probably happening tomorrow because they don't have anything left to do.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2023, 09:36:32 AM »

So the big day has finally arrived? I'm still inclined to say "I believe it when I see it", though it would make sense after they erected these barriers.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2023, 10:08:46 AM »

Trump is going to want this to be as big and televised an event as possible so I wouldn’t be surprised if he insists on being handcuffed and maybe even makes some sort of weird statement during the arrest process. The man is a master at propaganda
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2023, 10:37:36 AM »

I am extremely confident that I didn’t commit any felonies last year
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2023, 10:41:07 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2023, 11:19:16 AM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2023, 11:22:44 AM »

GJ on standby for tomorrow.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2023, 11:26:32 AM »

I mean to me this means something's happening today, right? Alternative explanation would be that they got a really credible bomb threat or something.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2023, 12:15:58 PM »

lol, hey maybe it'll happen by some time in 2024!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2023, 01:15:09 PM »

If this is true then this would be a massive own goal
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2023, 01:17:24 PM »

>Fox News
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2023, 01:28:18 PM »

>Fox News
Genetic Fallacy
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2023, 01:34:52 PM »

>Fox News
Genetic Fallacy

Fox News has literally zero credibility. Get another source.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies