🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 214069 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2850 on: February 15, 2024, 12:36:36 AM »

From start to finish, totally unserious way to run an election. It seems obviously ridiculous and unfair to me that an already elected MP can just randomly lose their seat. But hey, Procedure was followed, I guess.

A similar incident almost occurred in 2005, when the federal election had to be postponed in constituency Dresden I owing to the death of its NPD direct candidate Kerstin Lorenz.

Statisticians calculated an recalculated how the results of the by-election could affect the composition of the Bundestag on the basis of the September 18 election. Remember also that the electoral law at that time didn't provide any levelling seats, only overhang seats. As a consequence, an overly good second-vote result for the CDU in Dresden I would lead to the erasure of one of their overhang seats. Constitutional experts therefore suggested that the ballot boxes be kept closed until the Dresdeners have finished casting their votes, which didn't happen in the end.

As a result, myriads of CDU voters gave the Christian Democratic direct candidate Andrea Lämmel their first vote, while they cast their second vote for the FDP, which effected a massive vote-splitting: Lämmel won his direct mandate, of course, whereas the SPD won the second vote of that district due to the vote splitting between CDU and FDP; and we all now how much Dresden is known for being an SPD stronghold.. 😏
What's even more stunning: While FDP direct candidate Peggy Bellmann received a mere 4.7 % of all first votes, her party got 16.6 % of all second votes. lol
And the moral of this story: The CDU eventually didn't lose one of their seats.

Overall the results aren't as terrible as I expected.

#Realitätsverweigerung
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2851 on: March 01, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »

Source: tax-financed state TV
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2852 on: March 01, 2024, 03:52:17 PM »

The British Lib Dems called, they want their bar charts back.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2853 on: March 01, 2024, 04:08:49 PM »

Seems like the graph is is manipulated. Most likely by some Twitter AfD trolls who want to force the narrative how mean the press treats them. They just love victimhood.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2854 on: March 01, 2024, 04:26:53 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2024, 04:37:55 PM by 🇮🇱 I stand with Israel 🇮🇱 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦 »

Seems like the graph is is manipulated. Most likely by some Twitter AfD trolls who want to force the narrative how mean the press treats them. They just love victimhood.

I am not 100% sure if that graph is real, but "accidental" manipulation incorrect indication of bar charts has occurred before, e.g. on your local state TV channel:

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2855 on: March 13, 2024, 12:55:44 PM »

Could "President Johnson" or "Middle-aged Europe" translate the following article, which is currently going viral on Xwitter and stirring an upset among liberals, into English, please?

https://www.maenner.media/gesellschaft/politik/umfragehammer-rechtsruck-in-der-schwulen-szene/
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« Reply #2856 on: March 14, 2024, 08:11:20 AM »

To do a paraphrase:

A poll commissioned by a magazine on a gay men dating platform (which probably isn't representative of gay men as a whole, not to mention the problem of fake accounts (e.g. for doxxing), double voting etc., has found the AfD slightly in top position in a multi-party system, with 25 per cent over 22 per cent for the CDU, that comes next, and the Greens with 20 per cent.

I don't know thy Hades thinks this is a huge gotcha for German centre-left posters, here.

Some observations:

1. I'm a bit surprised that the far-right overrepresentation at online-platforms in Germany that has gone on for decades, nowadays, even penetrates a gay men dating site, but only a bit.

2. Representativity issues aside, there is clearly a gender gap in German politics and our American posters can probably accurately guess who's voting more for whom. There has been some buzz, lately, that it was widening or would widen, especially with younger age cohorts, but there still isn't much evidence for that, apart from "vibes from the internet".

3. Alice Weidel herself is lesbian, why should she be the only one in the "Gay movement for the Fourth Reich" ;-)   ...ok, joking aside, homsoexuality is basically accepted in German mainstream culture, so you don't have to quasi-automatically align with the left-wing, just for being gay.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2857 on: March 14, 2024, 09:29:27 AM »

Thank you for paraphrasing the article - whoever you are...

That survey is certainly not representative, granted, but the trend is shockingly clear, and it shows once again that certain "protected™" groups that the Green Bolshewokes claim to protect don't feel protected by them whatsoever. Your party needs to finally grasp that most homosexual men are more like your Antifa comrade PUTP's arch foe Ali Utlu, and less like Queeeer™ Commissioner of the Federal Government, Sven Lehmann. That survey had better give your party a pause for thought, no matter how representative it may be, plus the question arises why the poll yielded the results it yielded. Perhaps the following clip might shed light on the cause of the subversive voting behavior of your party's reputedly loyal voters:

Keep Calm and ...
OldEurope
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #2858 on: March 14, 2024, 10:31:42 AM »

And:

... nicht repräsentativen Umfrage.

I think it was an online survey (10.000) and no opinion poll by a pollster.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #2859 on: March 14, 2024, 11:26:20 AM »

Romeo is also the worst. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. An remember the competitors!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies