2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:48:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 85837 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2775 on: August 16, 2022, 09:32:10 PM »

Calling WY-AL D for Greybull!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2776 on: August 16, 2022, 09:32:36 PM »

On any other night before January 6th. 2021, I would've celebrated Liz Cheney's defeat. That is not true tonight. This is not a good day for this country or the values of our Constitution. The experiment is failing or may have failed already and we just don't know it yet.

Insane take. Getting Liz Cheney out of Congress has dramatically reduced the probability of another such event. Getting her out of the country would be agreeable as well.

You’ll have to explain that one.

The user in question has trashed democracy on Discord many times and very clearly celebrates recent anti-democratic movements in this country.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2777 on: August 16, 2022, 09:34:35 PM »

What are the odds that the U.S. House primary and the U.S. House special election in Alaska deliver different results?
100 % will have different Results although given the recent Events (re Mar-a-Lago) I expect Palin to win the Special as well as come out on top in the Regular Primary.

We have seen how Republican Turnout spiked in the wake of that Search Warrant (see Tim Michels Victory in WI). Kleefisch Campaign was hoping of 500-550K but we almost got 700K in the Republican Primary.

Not to mention that the Special Election has been entirely done by VBM I heard.
kwabbit

« Reply #2778 on: August 16, 2022, 09:36:05 PM »

Gotta say it's hard to take the "Trump is losing his hold on the GOP" takes seriously when ALL of the pro-impeachment Rs are losing primaries

Dan Newhouse and David Valadao say hello.

The top-two primary system creates incentives that do not exist in normal primary systems.

I think Katko (if he ran) would have been the only one capable of surviving a non top-two primary system. Lots of registered ancestral Rs in Onandaga County. Meijer got close and Grand Rapids is similar enough to Syracuse.  

The new NY-22 also features a lot of Obama-Trump/Trumpish Republican voters in the Utica area (it likely has significantly more of such primary voters than MI-03), which Katko also never represented in Congress/doesn't have an incumbency advantage. I don't think the odds would be on his side.

That's a good point. Although Muskegon ~ Oneida if we're comparing the two districts. I think Katko would end up winning 55/45, racking up the margin in Onandaga. He's the House's biggest overperformer. If anyone could win it would be him.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2779 on: August 16, 2022, 09:36:46 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2022, 09:42:39 PM by Official Penguin Books Account »

On any other night before January 6th. 2021, I would've celebrated Liz Cheney's defeat. That is not true tonight. This is not a good day for this country or the values of our Constitution. The experiment is failing or may have failed already and we just don't know it yet.

Insane take. Getting Liz Cheney out of Congress has dramatically reduced the probability of another such event. Getting her out of the country would be agreeable as well.

You’ll have to explain that one.

J6 was the product of multiple generations alienated by politicians of the Cheney variety, including—perhaps most prominently—her father. The people of Wyoming will be more adequately represented in 2023 and hopefully less likely to resort to those means outside the ordinary political process which dispossessed people have always resorted to in these situations. And I am thankful for that.

The Cheney family are despicable enough that I would support their exile, which would further ensure they can no longer interfere with the American political process, however feeble their latest effort has been.

The user in question has trashed democracy on Discord many times and very clearly celebrates recent anti-democratic movements in this country.

I support rule by, of, and for the American people. I am here tonight celebrating an overwhelming democratic choice of Wyoming Republican voters. Or are you denying the results of this election represent the choice of the people?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2780 on: August 16, 2022, 09:36:53 PM »

What are the odds that the U.S. House primary and the U.S. House special election in Alaska deliver different results?

100%, because there are 22 candidates running in the primary for November and only 3 in the Special.

I meant, is it utterly improbable that two different candidate emerge the winners from those two different contests? If you're indecisive, it is very convenient to have two different contests for the same seat on the same day.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2781 on: August 16, 2022, 09:37:19 PM »

100 % will have different Results although given the recent Events (re Mar-a-Lago) I expect Palin to win the Special as well as come out on top in the Regular Primary.

We have seen how Republican Turnout spiked in the wake of that Search Warrant (see Tim Michels Victory in WI). Kleefisch Campaign was hoping of 500-550K but we almost got 700K in the Republican Primary.

Are you saying Kleefisch would have won had the search never happened?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2782 on: August 16, 2022, 09:40:22 PM »

Gotta say it's hard to take the "Trump is losing his hold on the GOP" takes seriously when ALL of the pro-impeachment Rs are losing primaries

Cheney literally came out and said she would not vote for DeSantis if he was the nominee too . Like yah she at this point had to go

And this is why your party is a danger to America. Those who went along with Trump's election nullification scheme are just as unfit for office as he is.
Wow, calling Ron DeSantis an Election Nullifier or Denier seems a huge, huge stretch to me.

Then why did he call on state legislatures to appoint Trump electors in opposition to the voters in those states: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/elections/fl-ne-florida-gop-reaction-20201106-pjqk73ln3jcojggkp2rhezz7ay-story.html

If it was like 2000 and btw Jeb was planning to have the state legislature appoint the electoral votes :

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/story?id=122243&page=1

If a recount can’t properly result in a victory than the election would be decided by the legislature or congress

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2783 on: August 16, 2022, 09:41:33 PM »

For a night with so few elections, the thread is generating an unusually high level of strange takes.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2784 on: August 16, 2022, 09:41:56 PM »

Cheney literally came out and said she would not vote for DeSantis if he was the nominee too . Like yah she at this point had to go

And this is why your party is a danger to America. Those who went along with Trump's election nullification scheme are just as unfit for office as he is.
Wow, calling Ron DeSantis an Election Nullifier or Denier seems a huge, huge stretch to me.

Then why did he call on state legislatures to appoint Trump electors in opposition to the voters in those states: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/elections/fl-ne-florida-gop-reaction-20201106-pjqk73ln3jcojggkp2rhezz7ay-story.html

If it was like 2000 and btw Jeb was planning to have the state legislature appoint the electoral votes :

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/story?id=122243&page=1

Yes this has been a problem for a long time and it's getting worse!
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2785 on: August 16, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »

Supporting a cult of personality (and one that attempts to overturn the government) is one of the most antithetical viewpoints in opposition to the values established by the Constitution. It is tantamount to treason.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2786 on: August 16, 2022, 09:43:33 PM »

Wyoming Secretary of State R primary is very interesting. Chuck Gray, who is a "stop the steal" candidate, and Tara Nethercott, who believes 2020 was fair, are locked in a very close battle. Nethercott, like Cheney, is getting a big win out of Teton. But Nethercott is also carrying Fremont, Natrona (Casper), and Laramie (Cheyenne). Still waiting on Albany.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2787 on: August 16, 2022, 09:44:49 PM »

Supporting a cult of personality (and one that attempts to overturn the government) is one of the most antithetical viewpoints in opposition to the values established by the Constitution. It is tantamount to treason.

The Constitution was designed specifically to support the cult of personality around George Washington. Regardless, I do not support any such cult today. (As I have made clear as recently as today.) I know of no man who has spent more than 10 minutes in our capital that measures up to Washington, Lincoln, McKinley, or Roosevelt.

The Constitution should largely be re-written for today's weaker men or to foster the type of society that would produce a worthy successor. The present situation is untenable but will be sorted out within our lifetimes.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2788 on: August 16, 2022, 09:45:20 PM »

100%, because there are 22 candidates running in the primary for November and only 3 in the Special.

I meant, is it utterly improbable that two different candidate emerge the winners from those two different contests? If you're indecisive, it is very convenient to have two different contests for the same seat on the same day.

Well there won't be a winner in the primary for November, the top 4 will advance, just like for the Special first stage a few months back. But if you mean the same candidate finishes first, honestly, maybe, maybe not. Generally voters don't change their choices much on this sort of thing, but with the larger amount of candidates for November anything can happen.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2789 on: August 16, 2022, 09:46:46 PM »

Calling WY-AL R for Hageman

Uncalled:

WY-SOS R
WY-Superintendent R
AK-SEN
AK-GOV
AK-AL
KS-Treasurer R
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2790 on: August 16, 2022, 09:48:09 PM »

Cheney takes Teton as expected. Anyone ever been there?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2791 on: August 16, 2022, 09:52:16 PM »

Federal employees; likely lots of D crossover in the most DEM county within the most GOP state in the country.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #2792 on: August 16, 2022, 09:55:13 PM »

Yep, lovely area, especially the Grand Tetons.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2793 on: August 16, 2022, 10:00:20 PM »

Are you saying Kleefisch would have won had the search never happened?
Yes, I think so. When I first looked at NBC Vote estimates they had it at 550,000. When I looked back a few Hours later at around 7pm ET (two Hours before Polls closed in WI) they had it between 700,000 and 750,000. Kleefisch lost the Primary by 40,000 Votes so that spike in E-Day Turnout cost her the Race.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2794 on: August 16, 2022, 10:02:07 PM »

Cheney wins in Albany
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2795 on: August 16, 2022, 10:03:47 PM »

The result was there for a moment and then disappeared.

Also, she's gone way, way behind in Natrona as more vote has come in, so don't assume that Albany margin holds, even if it's correct for what is currently counted.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2796 on: August 16, 2022, 10:06:36 PM »

Also, she's gone way, way behind in Natrona as more vote has come in, so don't assume that Albany margin holds, even if it's correct for what is currently counted.

It's back on, and MSNBC was just showing the same numbers.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2797 on: August 16, 2022, 10:08:09 PM »

There is no good alternative in the Republican Party. We tried Romney in 2012, WWC stayed home costing Romney OH, WI, MI, PA.

I know OSR doesn't like to hear it but Romney also lost it because of his fraudulent Mormon Faith.

The Evangelical Base in the South never warmed up to him evident that he got considerable less of the White Evangelical Base Vote compared to Trump or even GWB in 2000 & 2004.

The moment Romney lost Republican Primaries and Caucuses like Missouri, Colorado, Mississippi, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Georgia, South Carolina to Santorum & Gingrich I knew this wouldn't end up very well in November.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2798 on: August 16, 2022, 10:09:41 PM »

Albany though has only 36 % of the Vote counted. I suspect that this will flip.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2799 on: August 16, 2022, 10:11:03 PM »

I see that now. Would be nice if it holds, but idk
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies