2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:11:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 86454 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2850 on: August 17, 2022, 01:18:47 AM »

She probably did put Peltola as her second choice, especially since the alternative was Begich.

She almost certainly did that in the special election. But does that also apply to the primary?
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #2851 on: August 17, 2022, 01:19:03 AM »

AK-SEN Slot 3 - Chesbro
AK-AL Slot 4 - Sweeney

Uncalled:
AK-SEN Slot 4
AK-GOV Slot 4
KS-Treasurer R
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2852 on: August 17, 2022, 01:29:14 AM »

Cheney's campaign literally managed to turn Cheney vs. Hageman into a D vs. R contest in Wyoming and - surprisingly - got..... Cheney'd like a generic liberal D. Never seen an incumbent self-immolate to this extent.

Truly a sight to behold.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2853 on: August 17, 2022, 01:49:24 AM »

Can those who shell out for premium memberships tell me what counties Lizzey won, and if Lynnette Grey Bull won all counties?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2854 on: August 17, 2022, 01:55:14 AM »

Cheney's campaign literally managed to turn Cheney vs. Hageman into a D vs. R contest in Wyoming and - surprisingly - got..... Cheney'd like a generic liberal D. Never seen an incumbent self-immolate to this extent.

Truly a sight to behold.

Yeah. Ds definitely crossed over - just 7,233 votes were cast in WY-AL D compared to 19,474 in 2018 and 23,576 in 2020. Problem is, there are hardly any Democrats in Wyoming and very few Rs are willing to vote Cheney at this point. But...as we saw in other districts, a strategy of trying to make people forget about your impeachment vote doesn't necessarily work either, unless you're lucky enough to live in a Jungle Primary state.

The only way Cheney could have won re-election was to fully cast herself as in-line with Trump, and that would be in direct violation of her principles. Yes, many politicians are willing to do so. But that should not be the case.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2855 on: August 17, 2022, 01:56:47 AM »

Can those who shell out for premium memberships tell me what counties Lizzey won, and if Lynnette Grey Bull won all counties?

Cheney won Teton and Albany.

Grey Bull won everything.

Nethercott (the more moderate SOS R candidate) won Teton, Sublette, Albany, and Laramie.
kwabbit

« Reply #2856 on: August 17, 2022, 02:38:52 AM »

Truly a sight to behold.

At a certain point, Cheney realized that her future lies in MSNBC appearances and not congress. Losing 60/40 wasn’t helpful with her if it destroyed the massive amount of adoration she gained among liberals.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2857 on: August 17, 2022, 02:39:21 AM »

AK-GOV Slot 4 - Pierce

Uncalled:
AK-SEN Slot 4
KS-Treasurer R
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2858 on: August 17, 2022, 02:49:08 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 02:52:27 AM by Middle-aged Europe »

Daughter of Dick Cheney gets successfully primaried following her refusal to support Donald Trump after Trump's supporters had stormed U.S. Congress over claims of election fraud that according to then-Republicam Vice President Mike Pence were completely unsubstantiated.

Imagine you would have tried to tell that someone ten years ago. (And that didn't even include any info that Trump used in fact to be president.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2859 on: August 17, 2022, 03:12:24 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 03:19:25 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Bam Rep Elect Mary Peltola she will beat Palin I am donating to her horray, horray😃😃

Rep Elect Miz Mary Peltola/GOV BILL WALKER😃

Act blue already told us whom to donate to from now on everyone on my signature

After the primary the Gov race in FL will close Crist or Fried will be within 3 pts like Trump won the state DeSantis isn't leading by 7, the D's have attacked each other while DeSantis has no R opponents

They will focus their attack after primary on DeSantis
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2860 on: August 17, 2022, 04:04:54 AM »

"Tagesschau", not some random newscast, but thee TV news broadcast No. 1 in Germany, did a report on the U.S. House race in Wyoming.
I can't remember that they ever did a feature on a House primary, and certainly not about one in the least populous U.S. state.
Daughter of Dick Cheney gets successfully primaried following her refusal to support Donald Trump after Trump's supporters had stormed U.S. Congress over claims of election fraud that according to then-Republicam Vice President Mike Pence were completely unsubstantiated.

Imagine you would have tried to tell that someone ten years ago. (And that didn't even include any info that Trump used in fact to be president.)

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=515002
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2861 on: August 17, 2022, 04:39:59 AM »

Murkowski is gonna lose to the Trip backed candidate good for her too because she blocked Voting Rights that result eliminated the D but not the R backed candidate
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2862 on: August 17, 2022, 04:40:39 AM »

If things were reversed, and Hageman lost…she and Trump would be saying it was rigged with voter fraud.

That’s the new Republican thing: any loss is voter fraud.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2863 on: August 17, 2022, 05:18:43 AM »

Truly a sight to behold.

Yeah. Ds definitely crossed over - just 7,233 votes were cast in WY-AL D compared to 19,474 in 2018 and 23,576 in 2020. Problem is, there are hardly any Democrats in Wyoming and very few Rs are willing to vote Cheney at this point. But...as we saw in other districts, a strategy of trying to make people forget about your impeachment vote doesn't necessarily work either, unless you're lucky enough to live in a Jungle Primary state.

The only way Cheney could have won re-election was to fully cast herself as in-line with Trump, and that would be in direct violation of her principles. Yes, many politicians are willing to do so. But that should not be the case.

If I were in Wyoming, I myself might have done the impossible and voted to save Liz Cheney. The alternative is so much worse. If the election had gone the other way, I'm quite sure there would not have been a concession.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2864 on: August 17, 2022, 07:12:15 AM »

Truly a sight to behold.

If I were in Wyoming, I myself might have done the impossible and voted to save Liz Cheney. The alternative is so much worse. If the election had gone the other way, I'm quite sure there would not have been a concession.

The alternative is almost certainly far more incompetent, and Cheney has largely been a malevolent force. The only real downside is further incentive for Republicans to engage in election trutherism in the context of supporting Donald Trump, and Cheney's loss is but one among several such reinforcements of this incentive.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2865 on: August 17, 2022, 07:33:18 AM »

Palin’s always been more pro-female candidates than not. She probably did put Peltola as her second choice, especially since the alternative was Begich.

Sincere "girlboss feminism" is a common trait among woman Republicans, but they tend to be somewhat quieter about it than woman Democrats.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2866 on: August 17, 2022, 07:48:50 AM »

Truly a sight to behold.

The alternative is almost certainly far more incompetent, and Cheney has largely been a malevolent force. The only real downside is further incentive for Republicans to engage in election trutherism in the context of supporting Donald Trump, and Cheney's loss is but one among several such reinforcements of this incentive.

Competence is irrelevant. The cult of personality rules. Liz Cheney was a lot of things, but she was not a threat to the fundamental aspects of American democracy.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2867 on: August 17, 2022, 08:02:17 AM »

Palin’s always been more pro-female candidates than not. She probably did put Peltola as her second choice, especially since the alternative was Begich.

Sincere "girlboss feminism" is a common trait among woman Republicans, but they tend to be somewhat quieter about it than woman Democrats.

Alaska Republicans are also pretty fractured between a right-populist wing and a more centrist, corrupt oil-tied wing, and Palin as Governor made common cause with Democrats against the latter.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2868 on: August 17, 2022, 08:11:00 AM »

So Peltola is currently at 38% with nearly everything out being blue, meaning she could actually get to that 41% that the Alaska Survey Research poll had her at.

If that is the case, and Palin stays in 2nd, which also seems likely, Peltola has a real shot here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2869 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:54 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 08:18:41 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Walker can unseat DUNLEAVY that is gonna be the upset special that's why Peltola can win it's an R state but likeost Latinos and Asians it's heavily Indian or Native American populated like we won SD and ND during 90s because Native American population along with Betsy Johnson, Ryan, Demings and Beasley winning all other incumbentts Govs will win reelection, Stitt, Reynolds, Abbott, DeWine and DeSantis are all winning by 8

KS has Native American population that's why Kelly won after Sebelius she was down only 4' to centrist Schmidt no poll ever since and she is supposed to be underdog

No incumbentt AK Gov has won reelection since Tony Knowles and Walker was popular
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2870 on: August 17, 2022, 09:07:51 AM »

Murkowski is gonna lose to the Trip backed candidate good for her too because she blocked Voting Rights that result eliminated the D but not the R backed candidate

I'd rather have Murkowski in the Senate than any other Republican the Alaskans will elect.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2871 on: August 17, 2022, 09:09:09 AM »

On any other night before January 6th. 2021, I would've celebrated Liz Cheney's defeat. That is not true tonight. This is not a good day for this country or the values of our Constitution. The experiment is failing or may have failed already and we just don't know it yet.

Insane take. Getting Liz Cheney out of Congress has dramatically reduced the probability of another such event. Getting her out of the country would be agreeable as well.

You’ll have to explain that one.

J6 was the product of multiple generations alienated by politicians of the Cheney variety, including—perhaps most prominently—her father. The people of Wyoming will be more adequately represented in 2023 and hopefully less likely to resort to those means outside the ordinary political process which dispossessed people have always resorted to in these situations. And I am thankful for that.

The Cheney family are despicable enough that I would support their exile, which would further ensure they can no longer interfere with the American political process, however feeble their latest effort has been.

The user in question has trashed democracy on Discord many times and very clearly celebrates recent anti-democratic movements in this country.

I support rule by, of, and for the American people. I am here tonight celebrating an overwhelming democratic choice of Wyoming Republican voters. Or are you denying the results of this election represent the choice of the people?

So you support a national popular vote, abolition of the Senate, nationwide nonpartisan redistricting, SCOTUS reform, and campaign finance regulation too, correct?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2872 on: August 17, 2022, 09:38:27 AM »

It blows my mind that Liz Cheney is planning a presidential run. She lost Wyoming, her home district, in a 2-1 margin.

Outside the Northeast, I do not see where Cheney could win a primary.

I get Wyoming is as red as it gets. But damn, it’s a small state. Her family has represented Wyoming for decades. Surely she knows a huge portion of the state on a first name basis. If she barely cracked 30% here where else are you going to go for a successful political career?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2873 on: August 17, 2022, 09:40:26 AM »

It blows my mind that Liz Cheney is planning a presidential run. She lost Wyoming, her home district, in a 2-1 margin.

I get Wyoming is as red as it gets. But damn, it’s a small state. Her family has represented Wyoming for decades. Surely she knows a huge portion of the state on a first name basis. If she barely cracked 30% here where else are you going to go for a successful political career?

It's just some grandstanding. She can't seriously expect to go anywhere. I predict she drops out before a single vote is cast. Hogan will fill the anti-Trump lane and be out after getting 1% in IA.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2874 on: August 17, 2022, 11:34:05 AM »

It's just some grandstanding. She can't seriously expect to go anywhere. I predict she drops out before a single vote is cast. Hogan will fill the anti-Trump lane and be out after getting 1% in IA.
It’s entirely plausible she attempts to start a Lincoln Project-esque organization after that.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies