January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 151
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 141773 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: May 01, 2022, 05:18:58 PM »

Can you believe there are people out there that think that all the transpired on Jan 6th was 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls?
These people need mental assistance.

I don't think Mr. R really believes that's all it was; for one thing, he never acknowledges the documented assaults on police officers, which is something that in other settings I think he'd care very much about.  He repeatedly chooses to focus on lesser aspects of the riot in order to downplay the worst aspects.  And frankly, that's worse.

I guess after more than 2000 cops were injured during the 2020 Antifa riots and it was all dismissed as just an idea and mostly peaceful the additional 100 cops injured on 1/6 sort of get lost in the noise. Especially when we are told this riot is so much more special than the 2020 riots despite having 1/20th of the police injuries.

But again Ive said countless times capitol rioters should go to jail. Yall just dont like that i wont fall for your conspiracies again. My understanding is the idiots started rioting before Drumpf even gave the "incitement" speech.

"Your honor, the fire started before my client even arrived at the orphanage. He merely threw gasoline onto the already burning building!"
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #726 on: May 01, 2022, 05:23:23 PM »

Can you believe there are people out there that think that all the transpired on Jan 6th was 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls?

I don't think Mr. R really believes that's all it was; for one thing, he never acknowledges the documented assaults on police officers, which is something that in other settings I think he'd care very much about.  He repeatedly chooses to focus on lesser aspects of the riot in order to downplay the worst aspects.  And frankly, that's worse.

I guess after more than 2000 cops were injured during the 2020 Antifa riots and it was all dismissed as just an idea and mostly peaceful the additional 100 cops injured on 1/6 sort of get lost in the noise. Especially when we are told this riot is so much more special than the 2020 riots despite having 1/20th of the police injuries.

But again Ive said countless times capitol rioters should go to jail. Yall just dont like that i wont fall for your conspiracies again. My understanding is the idiots started rioting before Drumpf even gave the "incitement" speech.

"Your honor, the fire started before my client even arrived at the orphanage. He merely threw gasoline onto the already burning building!"

I recall a video where he told them to peacefully go home and that they were all special (since he knew the likely IQ of who he was dealing with)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #727 on: May 01, 2022, 06:22:32 PM »

I recall a video where he told them to peacefully go home and that they were all special (since he knew the likely IQ of who he was dealing with)

A video that was broadcast an hour after the FBI SWAT team had started to sweep the Capitol, and well after the Virginia National Guard (since Trump's government mobilized but refused to deploy the DC National Guard) was publicly announced to be en route.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #728 on: May 01, 2022, 06:37:32 PM »

Trump could literally shoot a random person on live television and you'd make up reasons why either the person deserved it or what we saw was staged.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #729 on: May 01, 2022, 06:38:03 PM »

His excuses and deflections regarding the Jan 6th Insurrection, are just pathetic.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #730 on: May 01, 2022, 07:20:20 PM »

Hours after his call arms and when the puscht had clearly failed?
Yeah that’s totally sincere and not ass covering
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #731 on: May 02, 2022, 09:37:12 AM »

How many of those arrested (way more than 200) were arrested for trespassing or other misdemeanors?  I think a lot.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #732 on: May 02, 2022, 07:04:00 PM »

Haha yes. F[inks] this asshole.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #733 on: May 05, 2022, 03:46:19 PM »

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhoades tried to contact Trump during the Capitol Putsch, according to court documents.

A member of the far-right Oath Keepers group pleaded guilty on Wednesday to the high-level charges of seditious conspiracy and obstructing Congress' certification of the Electoral College votes on January 6, 2021.

William Todd Wilson of North Carolina admitted to joining other Oath Keepers, including leader Stewart Rhodes, in planning to use force to halt the peaceful transfer of power from then-President Donald Trump to President Joe Biden.

Wilson is now the third member of the militia group to admit to seditious conspiracy – the most severe charge so far brought against alleged members of the January 6 mob – but he is the first to reveal that Rhodes attempted to contact Trump on the evening of the riot.

As part of Wednesday's plea agreement, Wilson admitted under oath to a Statement of Offense, which is used in criminal proceedings to stipulate the facts of the case that a defendant acknowledges.

"At approximately 5:00 p.m., Wilson, Rhodes, and others left the Capitol grounds and walked together to the Phoenix Hotel," the statement read. "Rhodes then called an individual over speaker phone. Wilson heard, Rhodes repeatedly implore the individual to tell President Trump to call upon groups like the Oath Keepers to forcibly oppose the transfer of power."
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #734 on: May 05, 2022, 04:54:18 PM »

Jail, all of them.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #735 on: May 06, 2022, 03:29:39 AM »

Jody Hice may end up being Georgia’s Secretary of State.

Scary times.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #736 on: May 08, 2022, 01:40:49 AM »

Your regular reminder that for Republicans, "rule of law" means that they get to use the laws to rule everyone else.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #737 on: May 08, 2022, 11:41:00 PM »

The hypocrisy is not accidental, it is deliberate. It serves both as a demonstration of power and as a test of loyalty for the faithful.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #738 on: May 09, 2022, 04:04:34 PM »

The hypocrisy is not accidental, it is deliberate. It serves both as a demonstration of power and as a test of loyalty for the faithful.

Absolutely everything starting with the words "Fox News host calls for....." should be roundly ignored and / or ridiculed.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #739 on: May 09, 2022, 04:25:07 PM »

Absolutely everything starting with the words "Fox NewsCable News Host host calls for....." should be roundly ignored and / or ridiculed.

FTFY
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #740 on: May 12, 2022, 12:22:21 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2022, 12:33:15 PM »

I just want to add the CNN story.

January 6 committee issues subpoenas to 5 House Republicans including McCarthy

The House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol is taking the extraordinary step of sending subpoenas to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and four other Republican lawmakers who have rejected the panel's requests to voluntarily cooperate.

In addition to McCarthy, the Democrat-led panel is subpoenaing Republican Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mo Brooks of Alabama, Andy Biggs of Arizona and Scott Perry of Pennsylvania.

Lawmakers on the panel have been weighing whether to subpoena their Republican colleagues for months, wrestling with whether they had the constitutional right to do so, and debating if they wanted to set such a precedent.

In its initial letter to McCarthy in January, the panel made clear it wanted to question him about his communications with former President Donald Trump, White House staff and others in the week after the January 6 attack, "particularly regarding President Trump's state of mind at that time."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/12/politics/republican-lawmakers-subpoena-january-6/index.html

I don't think they'll be able to claim Executive Privilege.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #742 on: May 12, 2022, 02:32:44 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #743 on: May 12, 2022, 03:02:14 PM »

The question is not the Insurrectionists but the planners of the insurrection no one knows what Garland is doing he hasn't acted on any contempt charges

We already fixed the problem, whenever there is a serious threat we will have Natl Guard and a fense up anyways

Pelosi was in charge of the Natl Guard and many people now says it's been 15 mnths and Stephanie Murphy whom is on the Committee is retiring and she has harsh words for D's in this midterm
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #744 on: May 17, 2022, 03:58:12 PM »

Justice has asked 1/6 committee for transcripts of some of their interviews, wow.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #745 on: May 17, 2022, 04:07:47 PM »

They want future interviews too.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #746 on: May 19, 2022, 03:09:36 PM »

January 6 committee investigating Capitol tour given by GOP lawmaker on the eve of the insurrection

The House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection has formally requested information from Rep. Barry Loudermilk, a Republican from Georgia, about a US Capitol tour he gave to visitors the day before rioters stormed the building.

In a letter to Loudermilk, the committee said they are looking for more information about the purpose of the tour and its participants.

“Based on our review of evidence in the Select Committee’s possession, we believe you have information regarding a tour you led through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021,” Chairman Bennie Thompson, a Democrat from Mississippi, and Vice Chairwoman Liz Cheney, a Republican from Wyoming, wrote in the letter.

“The foregoing information raises questions to which the Select Committee must seek answers. Public reporting and witness accounts indicate some individuals and groups engaged in efforts to gather information about the layout of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the House and Senate office buildings, in advance of January 6, 2021,” they added.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/politics/barry-loudermilk-capitol-tour-january-6/index.html
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #747 on: May 20, 2022, 08:17:10 AM »

January 6 committee investigating Capitol tour given by GOP lawmaker on the eve of the insurrection

The House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection has formally requested information from Rep. Barry Loudermilk, a Republican from Georgia, about a US Capitol tour he gave to visitors the day before rioters stormed the building.

In a letter to Loudermilk, the committee said they are looking for more information about the purpose of the tour and its participants.

“Based on our review of evidence in the Select Committee’s possession, we believe you have information regarding a tour you led through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021,” Chairman Bennie Thompson, a Democrat from Mississippi, and Vice Chairwoman Liz Cheney, a Republican from Wyoming, wrote in the letter.

“The foregoing information raises questions to which the Select Committee must seek answers. Public reporting and witness accounts indicate some individuals and groups engaged in efforts to gather information about the layout of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the House and Senate office buildings, in advance of January 6, 2021,” they added.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/politics/barry-loudermilk-capitol-tour-january-6/index.html

Lol.  Google - layout of the U.S. capitol building.  You won't need a tour.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #748 on: May 20, 2022, 03:14:40 PM »

Committee has given Loudermilk a week to explain the tour(s) he gave. Schiff says the committee has evidence that contradicts his claim that there were no tours Jan 5.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #749 on: May 20, 2022, 05:23:10 PM »

Lol.  Google - layout of the U.S. capitol building.  You won't need a tour.

UNLESS say you want info on " from what ive seen, patrols usually pass here at such and such interval, but not after such and such o'clock"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 151  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies