January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:27:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 134826 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: July 27, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »

If Democrats behaved like Trump did I couldn't remain a part of the party.

Democrats have morals; Republicans don't.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 07:34:51 PM »

January 6th was a dress rehearsal.

Republicans want to overthrow the government.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 02:42:01 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2021, 03:21:55 PM by The Trump Virus »

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/565963-third-police-officer-who-responded-to-jan-6-dies-by-suicide?amp#click=https://t.co/3nwEA28V5t

Another DC police officer takes his own life.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 06:32:00 PM »

If only Trump and other Republicans hadn’t incited a deadly coup Sad
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 09:22:12 AM »

For the people convicted of the January 6 coup....do they lose the right to vote in future elections?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 09:53:44 AM »

For the people convicted of the January 6 coup....do they lose the right to vote in future elections?

It wasn't a coup, so no.

Whether or not it was a coup, there are certainly some perpetrators who have been convicted of federal crimes committed during the incident, some misdemeanors and some felonies.  I am sure that no misdemeanor conviction will result in disenfranchisement.  For the felonies, I don't think there's a federal policy, so it will depend on the laws of their state of residence as to whether they will lose the right to vote.

So the people who tried to overthrow democracy can possibly still participate in it.  Nice.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 04:35:59 PM »

Did any punishment befall Bannon?

I highly doubt these top Trump associates will comply with their subpoenas.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 04:57:41 PM »

He'll find it interesting even though he fought to not have the investigation in the first place....
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 06:28:27 PM »

Lock him up.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 07:46:30 AM »

Only Rick Perry could push for ignoring the legitimate outcome in a state that Trump actually won.  (The states he mentioned in the text are Georgia, Pennsylvania, ....and North Carolina.)

Give GA and PA to Trump and NC to Biden, you still end up with a Biden win.  Well, Trump never hired the smartest people.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 04:46:12 PM »

To think that humble Georgia could end up being Trump's Waterloo in so many ways...

I honestly wonder if anything will ever stick to him. He never gets punished.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 07:56:24 AM »

There needs to be some kind of investigation as to why so many radical extremists support the Republican Party.

Sure, there are weirdos on both sides. But only one side organizes violent takeovers of the government.

So we need to be looking into why these types of people are drawn in masse to the GOP, how many of them exist, what kind of weaponry they possess, and which politicians provide them aid and comfort.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 06:12:43 PM »

What's the likelihood of any of these things happening:

--Trump faces serious legal consequences from the outcome of this investigation.
--The investigation never concludes and is dissolved after the midterms by the new Republican Congress.
--The investigation concludes prior to the midterms, Trump is found to be criminally liable, the results are sent to the DOJ, but nothing of merit ever comes of it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 04:32:34 AM »

Maddow just played a tape on air of Kevin McCarthy very clearly telling Liz Cheney that he was thinking about calling Trump (Jan 10) and recommending that he resign. McCarthy denied today that he ever said he was going to tell Trump to resign.

If they held the vote the morning of January 7th Trump would have been gone. That obviously couldn't have happened for basic practical reasons, but the delay meant that there was time for Republicans to rationalize away their initial justified disgust at the events of the 6th.

Why couldn’t the vote have happened January 7?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2022, 03:22:47 AM »

She’s clearly lying under oath.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 05:22:04 AM »

Did anyone not assume this stuff was going on?

Judging by the responses from people like Fuzzy Bear, Grumps, etc they simply don’t care.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »

Did anyone not assume this stuff was going on?

Judging by the responses from people TRAITORS like Fuzzy Bear, Grumps, etc they simply don’t care.

FTFY.  I would not have reported your consistency as a personal attack.

Am I wrong though?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2022, 06:37:32 PM »

Can you believe there are people out there that think that all the transpired on Jan 6th was 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls?
These people need mental assistance.

I don't think Mr. R really believes that's all it was; for one thing, he never acknowledges the documented assaults on police officers, which is something that in other settings I think he'd care very much about.  He repeatedly chooses to focus on lesser aspects of the riot in order to downplay the worst aspects.  And frankly, that's worse.

I guess after more than 2000 cops were injured during the 2020 Antifa riots and it was all dismissed as just an idea and mostly peaceful the additional 100 cops injured on 1/6 sort of get lost in the noise. Especially when we are told this riot is so much more special than the 2020 riots despite having 1/20th of the police injuries.

But again Ive said countless times capitol rioters should go to jail. Yall just dont like that i wont fall for your conspiracies again. My understanding is the idiots started rioting before Drumpf even gave the "incitement" speech.

"Your honor, the fire started before my client even arrived at the orphanage. He merely threw gasoline onto the already burning building!"

I recall a video where he told them to peacefully go home and that they were all special (since he knew the likely IQ of who he was dealing with)

Trump could literally shoot a random person on live television and you'd make up reasons why either the person deserved it or what we saw was staged.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2022, 03:29:39 AM »

Jody Hice may end up being Georgia’s Secretary of State.

Scary times.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 02:58:44 AM »

There's something pathetically funny about watching Rubio trying to defend the coup attempt that could easily have ended with his death at the hands of an enraged mob.

The reality is that Republicans are hopelessly broken as a political party. The Jan 6th committee is the last feeble effort of our Republic. If it doesn't finish them off - and I really doubt it will - sane, decent Americans need to start viewing their options using Germany in 1933 as a lens. And none of those options are particularly good; flight to functioning democracies seems to have been the best of many poor choices for non-Nazi Germans. I don't know if Americans have any better ones. Hunker down in blue states and prepare for the painful disintegration of the United States, perhaps.

People call me a doomer or whatever, but we really do live in extraordinary times in that we will likely see the destruction of American democracy in our lifetimes.

At the hands of the Republican Party.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 08:42:35 AM »

People call me a doomer or whatever, but we really do live in extraordinary times in that we will likely see the destruction of American democracy in our lifetimes.

At the hands of the Republican Party.

It's a little funny that my Jewish family's plan is fleeing back to Germany after all these years. We're lucky to have a marriage that might allow us to escape. Or maybe it's not funny at all, just sort of sick. I feel uncomfortable even posting here most of the time because some blue avatars are just waiting to be able to openly say what they'll do or tolerate happening to their neighbors.

A few of them, yes. Most of the others would denounce such posters but then gladly support dangerous people for public office, like Trump. And that's even worse, in a way.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2022, 02:08:47 PM »

Why didn't she stick around and try to push the 25th? Or was it not just that likely to happen?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2022, 03:37:36 PM »

What I remember being reported is they discussed it but they weren't sure who legally counted as cabinet as far as having a vote and weren't sure if it could stick if they went through with it so they scrapped the idea.

That seems weird to me. And possibly like a cop out.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2022, 07:20:04 PM »

If this doesn’t end with Trump unable to run for future office then this country’s future is in serious peril.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2022, 07:34:34 PM »

If the evidence presented here doesn’t piss you off, you’re not a patriotic American; all you are is a Republican.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies