January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 130114 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 12, 2021, 12:28:50 AM »
« edited: July 12, 2021, 05:27:20 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Here's the NYT report without a paywall. Lots of new footage and context.

Thank you for posting this.
It is completely eye opening, to the horrific violence these trump supporting bastards produced on our Capitol and to the officers defending it.
May they all rot in a prison cell.    Every.Single.One.Of.Them.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »

Feds arrest 5 family members from Texas in new US Capitol riot case.

Five members of a Texas family were arrested on Tuesday for entering the US Capitol together during the January 6 insurrection.

Federal investigators pointed to extensive social media posts from many members of the family in order to make the arrests on Tuesday, in one of the largest single-day sweeps of defendants in one Capitol riot case to date.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/13/politics/munn-family-texas-us-capitol/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 08:02:32 PM »

...Judge Kelly cited Jensen’s lack of a grade-school level understanding of the U.S. government in his decision to release Jensen. Jensen, in Jan. 6 videos that were released to the media on Monday night, repeatedly stated that he believed he was at the White House.

“This is me, touching the f--king White House,” Jensen said, with his hand on an exterior wall of the U.S. Capitol.

“Storm the White House!” Jensen screamed in another video as he panned up to the Capitol dome. “That’s what we do!”

Judge Kelly said that Jensen couldn’t have preplanned or coordinated his actions on Jan. 6 because Jensen “had no basic understanding of where he even was.”

I can't stop laughing about this.
Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 08:54:23 PM »

Oh dear God.

You know Jim Jordan is going to try to make it a clown show during the hearings.
I hate the SOB.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »

McCarthy has pulled his remaining picks. So its just gonna be Dems plus Cheney

LOL, what a little bitch. How in the world does anyone on the Right like this guy?

Because that's exactly why they like him? This is exactly what almost half the country wants from its government. Just like exactly half the country was practically in heaven when Pelosi ripped a piece of paper.

Your comparison to "ripping a piece of paper" is a joke.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »

McCarthy has pulled his remaining picks. So its just gonna be Dems plus Cheney

Can Pelosi add Adam Kinzinger (if he were to accept)?
Does anyone know if the rules would allow this?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »

Video: See (hear) what Liz Cheney had to say about McCarthy's decision to pull all Republicans from the select committee.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/21/liz-cheney-kevin-mccarthy-capitol-riot-committee-vpx.cnn
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 05:23:55 PM »

New video shows former Special Forces stabbing officer with American flagpole.

This guy can still be court-martialed right? Time to alsonstrip him of his pension, VA benefits and any medals or honors he received.

I'm still amazed officers did not use more force (lethal), to protect themselves from a bunch of trump-supporting, insurrectionist idiots.
Think about it ... we see videos of officers shooting people for doing something that is equivalent to something like 10%/25% of a threat, than what these f***ers were doing on Jan 6th.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 07:21:43 PM »

No one claimed politicians were gods, stop straw manning and answer the question.
How would you have liked Trump and the crowd to "pressure" Congress?

What I was hoping would happen:

(1) Trump marches to the Capitol building (even if Michael T Pence and the Secret Service don't whisk him to the Capitol, maybe Trump's too fat to make it there) at the head of the pack
(2) He stands on the steps of Capitol building and gives the best damn speech he has given. Speak about the terrorism neoliberal globalists have committed against this country. Speak hard truths about how corrupt not only the democrats are, but speak out against McConnell and his ilk.
(3) On the inside, Trump's allies will push forward with their evidence for each of the six states the Trump campaign targeted: MI, WI, PA, NV, GA, AZ. Note - I don't think there is any case that Trump won MI/WI/NV/AZ, so this just gets him to 268 (and that is a long shot too). However the debate would have gone deep into the night based on time allowances.
(4) Late at night, around 2 or 3 AM I believe (unless the session convened), all options are exhausted, Biden is certified, and Trump announces he has exhausted all avenues. At this point he lets the crowd know to keep fighting, and never to give up their fight against the corrupt establishment.
(5) Trump goes out as a warrior, instead of as a defeated coward. Doesn't need to run again, but at least he can argue that he and his voters did their best against questionable voter laws and foreign interference.

Go get some psychological help ... immediately!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 07:35:00 PM »

You are late. It's been posted/discussed.
Page 4, Reply #81.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »

Sorry if someone answered this question, but can Trump legally be subpoened to appear in front of the committee and grilled Hillary Clinton-style for hours on end, even if he just pleads the Fifth to everything?

He can certainly be subpoenaed.  What I don't know (hopefully someone here does) is what power a Congressional committee has to enforce a subpoena if the witness refuses to show up.

ETA: I strongly doubt that Trump is psychologically capable of shutting up and taking the Fifth even if advised to do so by his lawyers.  He'd be unable to resist trying to justify/defend himself.

I completely agree with this.
That's why I hope they can get him in the hot seat. He has no control ... zero ... he will talk and make a complete Jacka$$ out of himself, and his cult followers.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 07:56:43 PM »

Being someone who is vehemently anti-trump and anti far-right, as bad as Jan6 was for our country, there are a dozen other issues I wish Congress would focus on. I would hazard a guess that most other Americans feel the same. We all know this is going to go nowhere. It’ll be a waste of money and it’ll just give more ammo to Republicans so they can say “do nothing Democrats” again.

It may convince some of the more reasonable Republicans (maybe you are one of them), to not vote for the Lunatic, Nutjob GOP candidates in 2022.
America can not have them in control of either chamber.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 11:17:50 AM »

I had a hunch this might happen.
Having at least two Republicans on the committee would make a big difference (in the eyes/ears of the public). I hope it can be done, and Kinzinger accepts.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2021, 10:50:42 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 11:23:19 AM »

Bumble match turns in January 6 suspect who allegedly whipped police.

Yet another US Capitol suspect was caught this week, all thanks to his Bumble match.
Prosecutors say Andrew Taake of Texas used the dating app Bumble while in Washington on January 6. The match asked if he was near the Capitol and he said he was there "from the very beginning." He sent several selfies and claimed that he spent 30 minutes in the building.

... he was involved in two violent attacks against police who were defending the building. Footage from the front lines shows Taake using pepper spray against the police line and later striking police with a metal whip, according to court filings.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/23/politics/capitol-riot-bumble-dating-app-match-andrew-taake/index.html

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 05:12:08 PM »

Yeah he said in another thread the T is for traitor because he claims Pence told the Secret Service to drive Trump back to the White House so he couldn't lead a peaceful rally that went into the night and allowed 6 states to have debates in the joint session.

He said it on page 6 of this thread.
Low Info Voter couldn’t have picked a more fitting username if he tried.

It's just such a bizarre statement (regarding this "Pence ordering the Secret Service to drive").
Is this nonsense something that is circulating among the trump-supporting websites (anyone know)?
Or garbage he created himself?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 05:44:10 PM »

Video: Cheney and Kinzinger respond to McCarthy over calling them "Pelosi Republicans."

Click here to watch: https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/26/kevin-mccarthy-adam-kinzinger-liz-cheney-pelosi-republican-sot-vpx-nr.cnn
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 03:02:48 PM »

... U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Harry Dunn argued that both the rioters and those who sent them should be punished, saying, "If a hitman is hired and he kills somebody, the hitman goes to jail. But not only does the hitman go to jail, but the person who hired them does."

Dunn continued: "There was an attack carried out on Jan. 6th and a hitman sent them. I want you to get to the bottom of that."

https://people.com/politics/capitol-police-officer-donald-trump-riots-hitman-sent-them/
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 06:26:07 PM »

Another case of credit where credit is due on the Republican side.  Read the whole exchange.

(If you read the entire exchange.)
Why is it that every trump cult supporter or conservative, needs to compare what Americans do or have right to, to "illegal aliens."
They are totally obsessed with citing or comparing everything to "aliens."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2021, 01:16:29 AM »

I'm not sure how any of the above surprises many of you.  Most of the Republican cultists who go on about Blue Lives mattering don't do so because they actually care about cops, they use that political line as an outlet for their overt racism.  

Just wait, with demographic changes and more whites going into professional careers, I envision a national police force that is mostly minority in 20 years and then suddenly the GOP and FoxNews will no longer care about Blue Lives.  

I already hear the right wing crying about how January 6 inmates are being treated horribly in jail and how the cop used excessive force on that woman who was jumping on the Capitol door like a rabid animal.  Amazing how they suddenly care about these issues.

I agree, but it's still amazing to see such a huge drop in viewership on Fox, as pointed to by Runeghost.
The NutJob conservatives who watch Fox are totally in denial about facts on what took place on the ground at the Capitol.
I guess if they don't hear/see it, then it really didn't happen ... fAke nEWs.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2021, 02:13:18 PM »

Disgusting. What would you expect them to say -- "Keep up the good work"?

If you watch the videos attached, these three clowns make complete idiots of themselves.
Everywhere they go is nothing but a joke. They should announce themselves as "Circus Vargas coming to a town near you."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 04:25:16 PM »

Would like to ask Atlas to read the short article (link above).
Very sad.
Sad
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 05:51:52 PM »

LOL, one of the rioter's own mother bragged on Facebook about how her son stormed the Capitol, other relatives sent screenshots to the FBI who then arrested him: https://deadstate.org/mom-of-capitol-rioter-brags-about-him-storming-the-capitol-on-social-media-fbi-promptly-arrests-him

Love to see it.
I hope his ass gets "cancelled" in normal society as well.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2021, 05:39:37 PM »

US Capitol rioter sentencing delayed after online sleuths uncover new footage of alleged police assault.

The sentencing for one of the January 6 US Capitol rioters was abruptly postponed Wednesday after new videos emerged of the man allegedly fighting with police, an unexpected twist in the case because prosecutors hadn't previously accused him of committing violence that day.

Robert Reeder of Maryland was charged in February with four misdemeanors. He pleaded guilty to unlawfully demonstrating inside the Capitol and was set to be sentenced on Wednesday afternoon, with prosecutors asking for two months in jail, partially due to his lack of remorse.

But on Wednesday morning, the online group known as the Sedition Hunters tweeted newly discovered clips and photos, apparently showing Reeder fighting with police on January 6. Sedition Hunters is one of several online collectives, many comprised of anti-Donald Trump activists, who have combed through footage from the Capitol attack to identify rioters. The Justice Department has cited their work in many cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/politics/robert-reeder-capitol-riot-sentencing/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2021, 02:04:46 PM »

A Tennessee sheriff's deputy allegedly assaulted police on January 6. Now he's behind bars and off the force.

A Tennessee man who was a deputy sheriff on January 6 and wore his sheriff's vest to the US Capitol is now behind bars after being charged in one of the most notorious police assaults from the insurrection.

Authorities said they arrested Ronald McAbee, 27, on Tuesday after a tipster recognized him from police body camera footage on the FBI's "most wanted" website. The video allegedly shows McAbee grabbing a police officer and dragging him into the mob -- all while wearing a black vest that says "SHERIFF." He was still a deputy sheriff at the time of the Capitol siege.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/08/20/politics/capitol-insurrection-sheriff-arrested-assault/index.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies