GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 148991 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3450 on: December 07, 2022, 08:07:23 AM »

I gotta say, it would have been fun to see senator Walker

No, it would have been exploitative, terrible and sad. Thankfully, we will never have to worry about that and Herschel can hopefully move into a quiet, perhaps assisted community where he can live out the rest of his life without being used by vultures.

Oh no don’t get me wrong I am really happy with the results, I was just joking lol
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #3451 on: December 07, 2022, 08:21:53 AM »

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3452 on: December 07, 2022, 08:28:25 AM »

To his credit, I appreciated that Walker didn't stand up there and rant/rave about how "the fight isn't over!!!" and "we are looking at irregularities!" (which are, yes, concerns to have if your race is actually close for either party).  

His speech was short and sweet.  I hope that he just goes away and takes care of himself.  

This really hits home how low the bar is for GOP candidates these days. We really shouldn't be giving any 'credit' for respecting the basic norms of a functioning Democracy, but maybe that's just me. Tongue Especially when, in 95% of cases, the GOP is the one trying to make voting harder and likewise bending the rules as far as they possibly can to disenfranchise as many voters as possible.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #3453 on: December 07, 2022, 08:30:18 AM »

Even if 50,000+ Votes are in DeKalb alone it doesn't get Warnock to a 2.9 Percentage Point Margin like the NEEDLE says. Do some Map!!!

Please. “Do some Map!!!”
Let this be the next “Bronz threaf.”
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3454 on: December 07, 2022, 09:15:38 AM »

The New York Times ("The Needle" page) is still estimating a +2.9 margin of victory for Warnock (when it's all counted and done for), even though his margin is currently showing +1.7.

Seems there are still many votes to be counted in large, high-Dem counties/jurisdictions.

The Needle is crap with that Estimation.
How does Warnock get a 2.9 margin if only 46,000 Votes are left Statewide per NBC!

Cause they are in DeKalb lol. And there's likely more than that. Are you this ignorant?

User 2016 ...
Just over the last 45 minutes or so, the margin has been updated and is now at +2.4
So 2.9 is almost there.

Edit to add:  2.9 is an estimate. The NY Times page has updated the number to 2.8
But it any case it will probably fall some where between 2.4 and 2.9 when it is all counted.
Almost all of the Votes are IN now. NBC just like I did estimates that 17,000 Ballots are remaining Statewide. How does Warnock get to 2.9, tell me? He would need another 50K Votes to get there.

He's at 2.8 now.   
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3455 on: December 07, 2022, 09:24:20 AM »

The New York Times ("The Needle" page) is still estimating a +2.9 margin of victory for Warnock (when it's all counted and done for), even though his margin is currently showing +1.7.

Seems there are still many votes to be counted in large, high-Dem counties/jurisdictions.

The Needle is crap with that Estimation.
How does Warnock get a 2.9 margin if only 46,000 Votes are left Statewide per NBC!

Cause they are in DeKalb lol. And there's likely more than that. Are you this ignorant?

User 2016 ...
Just over the last 45 minutes or so, the margin has been updated and is now at +2.4
So 2.9 is almost there.

Edit to add:  2.9 is an estimate. The NY Times page has updated the number to 2.8
But it any case it will probably fall some where between 2.4 and 2.9 when it is all counted.
Almost all of the Votes are IN now. NBC just like I did estimates that 17,000 Ballots are remaining Statewide. How does Warnock get to 2.9, tell me? He would need another 50K Votes to get there.

He's at 2.8 now.   

Georgia, in federal elections at least,  really does look like a linear demographic trend regardless of candidates, events, or the national environment.  Wild!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3456 on: December 07, 2022, 09:36:45 AM »

Pink Panther

« Reply #3457 on: December 07, 2022, 09:38:36 AM »

He sounds very relaxed and, surprisingly, a little more coherent than he usually does. Seems relieved he lost.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, honestly. Speaking honestly and sympathetically for a moment, and putting aside the fact that I think the mentally well Herschel Walker of old was a disgusting person and the mentally unwell Herschel Walker of the present is an awful bigot, mental stress is physically painful even for those of us with our faculties all together, so I can only imagine it was even worse for Walker, being actively in cognitive decline while enduring the campaign trail and the nonstop public spotlight that comes with it. I wouldn't inflict what he was forced to go through this year on my worst enemy, and I wish him comfort and peace in the rest of his days. It's over now, and shame on anyone who ever tries to exploit him again.

You said it much better than I could.

I find the guy pretty reprehensible and would never vote for him for anything. But perhaps due to my interests in football and professional wrestling, both coming with their own dark histories of CTE and mental illness, I was starting to feel sympathetic and a little disgusted by the blasé way folks would dogpile on his mental state. Calling him insane, moronic, idiotic, mentally deranged, etc.

The guy clearly needs help and I hope he now finds himself with enough space to get that peace of mind.
Like many on here and on similar circles, I too made a few jokes and memes at his expense, and as you can probably guess, they mainly mocked his verbal statements and stunts that surely were influenced by his declining mental state.
But as you and others mention it, it's clear CTE has in all likelihood been a culprit in Herschel's recent actions. And as someone who's also both followed Football and Pro Wrestling for most of his life so far, I tend to notice a similar mental decline among other athletes. Dani has already mentioned Chris Benoit, quite possibly the most famous example of these cases, but I can name countless others that seemingly lost their pulse on reality as time passes. It's sad what they go through, including Herschel, and I wish him luck after this campaign. And I would like to tell him sorry for my jokes at his expense, even though he won't see this. If it weren't for an narcissistic conman coaxing him into this race due to their past relationship forty years ago, he wouldn't be lambasted by most of the media and others, atleast making his situation a little bit more manageable.
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #3458 on: December 07, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »

I have a morbid curiosity of what MillennialModerate's take on this election was throughout various points.

Like, how certain was he that Walker had won when he was up by a few thousand votes with nothing but Atlanta left?

How certain is he that Walker still has this?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3459 on: December 07, 2022, 09:44:25 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3460 on: December 07, 2022, 09:47:43 AM »

Here's another illustration of the problem for Georgia Republicans in future years. 

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3461 on: December 07, 2022, 09:51:48 AM »

Also, on the alt-right social media platforms I like to peruse from time to time, they've started to refer to Warnock as 'Warlock' instead... And I don't think they realize how cool that sounds. It's 'Dark Brandon' all over again.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3462 on: December 07, 2022, 09:52:40 AM »

It is interesting that Walker actually got more votes in the November election than Warnock got in the run-off, because the turnout for the run-off was a bit lower than the general.

I fell asleep a couple of hours before the race was called, because I was so exhausted.

It is hard to stay up late when you have to get up early for work.

I am glad that the race was called sooner than later, because I have election burnout.

Of course, I had hoped that the Democrats would have done better. I am certainly no fan of Kevin McCarthy.

2024 is still a year away so we get a break from all the ads etc.

As for the thread title I would rather be a vampire than a werewolf, because vampires live forever.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3463 on: December 07, 2022, 10:08:09 AM »

Ordered a Warnock t-shirt.

Yea, I’m late to the ballgame but ah well. Imma wear that sh!t all over my north GA red county and feast on MAGA tears.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #3464 on: December 07, 2022, 10:08:42 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3465 on: December 07, 2022, 10:12:31 AM »

And now an angry letter to my Georgia Democratic Atlas friends.  

Dear Georgia Democrats,

ONE county? You only flipped ONE county from Walker to Warnock?

Sincerely,

PQG
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #3466 on: December 07, 2022, 10:19:49 AM »

Dear Georgia Democrats,

Sincerely,

PQG

I thought it was Baldwin and Washington, so two, but maybe I'm mistaken.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #3467 on: December 07, 2022, 10:21:47 AM »

Dear Georgia Democrats,

Sincerely,

PQG

I thought it was Baldwin and Washington, so two, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Dear Georgia Democrats,

Kindly disregard my previous angry letter. 

Sincerely,

PQG
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3468 on: December 07, 2022, 10:22:09 AM »

@ProudModerate2,
Warnock will not get 2.9!

Deal?

Warnock is at 2.7 according to the Georgia Sec of State and 2.8 in the NYT, so this guy will either:

- claim that it didn't reach exactly 2.9 and die on this hill
- dissapear forever from the thread as so many of his republican brethren have done in the past month
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3469 on: December 07, 2022, 10:22:13 AM »

My county went 83% to Walker.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #3470 on: December 07, 2022, 10:45:29 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #3471 on: December 07, 2022, 11:23:25 AM »

Of course Biden Approvals are on the upswing not Downswing he is leading Trump 53/47
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3472 on: December 07, 2022, 11:47:52 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #3473 on: December 07, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »

This is peak election nerd.  And I'm all about it. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3474 on: December 07, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to: