DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:32:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271688 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2575 on: January 07, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »

super6646
Canada

« Reply #2576 on: January 07, 2021, 12:21:46 PM »

How many trumpsters are left on atlas at this point? Genuinely curious as almost all the blue avatars I’ve seen have turned on him at this point as well.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2577 on: January 07, 2021, 12:22:02 PM »

Pretty quiet morning as far as talk of resignations and Pence/25th Amendment talk. My optimism for removing trump goes down by the minute. I guess Pence and the Cabinet just want to wait out the next two weeks.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2578 on: January 07, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »

New Jersey and Delaware are sending parts of their National Guards to D.C.
Is this by their own initiative? because that would be beyond the jurisdiction of the state militia. Is it by the request of the DoD? if so who issued it? Trump or Pence?

Murphy said it's at the request of the United States National Guard Bureau, in other words, uniformed Army and Air Force leadership.
can they order this on their own? no need for the order to come up higher in the chain of command? this is the deployment of armed militia in the federal territory after all...

Who's CiNC 'actual' atm?

They are being deployed in a civil, and not military capacity, so their Commanders-in-Chief would be their state Governors. States have mutual assistance agreements with each other for things like this. Obviously DC is not a state, but there are similar provisions in place.
Who holds the authority to ask for assistance for DC? it's not the mayor, so it must be some federal organ. Who issued the request?

DC is a party to the Emergency Management Assistance Compact, and the Mayor can request assistance from states for assistance during a declared state of emergency. What the Mayor cannot do is activate the DC National Guard itself.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2579 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »

Capitol police has charged the following 14 people in relation with yesterday's events:

Unlawful Entry:
Leonard Guthrie, Cape May, N.J.
John Anderson, St. Augustine, Fla.
Matthew Council, Riverview, Fla.
Bradley Ruskelas, Inverness, Ill.
Michael Curzio, Summerfield, Fla
Cindy Fitchett, Cobbs Creek, Va.
Terry Brown, Myerstown, Pa.
Douglas Sweet, Hudgins, Va.
Thomas Gallagher, Bridgewater, N.H.
Zandra Sixkiller-Cramer, Glenwood, Md.

Assaulting a Police Officer, Unlawful Entry, Resisting Arrest:
Mark Leffingerwell, No fixed address

CPWL & Unregistered ammunition:
Grant Moore, Buford, Ga.

CPWL, Unregistered Firearm, Unregistered Ammunition:
Lonnie Zoffman, Falkville, Al.

Assaulting a Police Officer:
David Blair, Clarksburg, Md.
Very disappointed to see someone from Inverness on this list. I used to live very close to there.

crazy people live everywhere.  Is this really news?  

Of course, crazy people live everywhere, but that doesn't mean one cannot condemn them or express their disappointment about them. Now, I have a question of my own. Do you hold Trump responsible for what happened yesterday? If not, why?

3 of them were Florida Men. And I hope each of them won’t be able to make noise with their farts by this time next year.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #2580 on: January 07, 2021, 12:25:09 PM »

Pretty quiet morning as far as talk of resignations and Pence/25th Amendment talk. My optimism for removing trump goes down by the minute. I guess Pence and the Cabinet just want to wait out the next two weeks.
Yeah, if there’s no momentum on this today, then it’s sadly not happening.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2581 on: January 07, 2021, 12:28:52 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 12:32:36 PM by Young Kim Republican »

How many trumpsters are left on atlas at this point? Genuinely curious as almost all the blue avatars I’ve seen have turned on him at this point as well.

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

Idk about Jessica, RFayette, and SN.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2582 on: January 07, 2021, 12:28:54 PM »

Some of those 39% of Republicans only say it was an attempted coup cause they think that’s a good thing

Something else dawned on me about these polls. Based on public opinion polls apparently under estimating support for Trump both in this past election + 4 years ago, there's a decent likelihood such support for yesterday's violence is actually somewhat higher. Sad

Their opinions are irrelevant, in my opinion. We shouldn't try to accommodate delusional terrorists in acting to secure and defend our republic. They can register their frustration with how we pursued the coupsters in upcoming off-year and midterm elections, after we've passed the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.

Yes and no. These radical anti American bastards should not be accommodated, no. However, the problem is they are not a small minority. They are a huge portion of the electorate which is potentially sufficient to take Congress due to the Senate's disproportionate lean towards smaller more rural States plus widespread Republican gerrymandering of House districts originating out of the 2010 midterm wave, and/or winning the presidency through an electoral college majority even while losing the PV by a tangible margin.

It's not that their views need accommodating, it's that there's enough of them that they are a major threat.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2583 on: January 07, 2021, 12:31:53 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

Buzz denounced Trump yesterday, so you can cross him off the list. Del Tachi, however, seems to be defending or justifying what happened, and Fuzzy Bear wasn't even online yesterday.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2584 on: January 07, 2021, 12:38:21 PM »

Fuzzy was probably at the riot.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2585 on: January 07, 2021, 12:39:22 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

Buzz denounced Trump yesterday, so you can cross him off the list. Del Tachi, however, seems to be defending or justifying what happened, and Fuzzy Bear wasn't even online yesterday.

Fuzzy has not been online since I told him he didn't understand grade school level math.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2586 on: January 07, 2021, 12:40:48 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

Fuzzy has not been online since I told him he didn't understand grade school level math.

Why did you say that to him?
SInNYC

« Reply #2587 on: January 07, 2021, 12:41:33 PM »

lmao, I’m not a small fry, I’m like 5’10 and 180 lbs of stockiness, and you can see Allred dwarfs me, Allred deffo would have won

It looks like Allred was actually the peacemaker, and it was between Harris and Lawson (according to https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/no-dallas-rep-colin-allred-wasn-e2-80-99t-involved-in-a-near-scuffle-on-house-floor-during-count-of-electoral-college-votes/ar-BB1cyHrh). Lawson and others (including Allred?) had apparently formed a chain to protect Connor Lamb during his speech since some Republicans (including Harris?) were aggressively approaching Lamb. Lawson is a 6'7 former pro basketball player.
tjstarling
Rookie

« Reply #2588 on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

When he returns, he will likely have massive paragraphs going something like - hardworking Americans...BLM and ANTIFA...coward Biden...life of the fetus.

Dude needs new software installed before he moves off his predictable word salad.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2589 on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:59 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

He's a 2020 election conspiracist.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2590 on: January 07, 2021, 12:43:54 PM »

Articles of impeachment are apparently circulating amongst House judicial Dems atm.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2591 on: January 07, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »

Articles of impeachment are apparently circulating amongst House judicial Dems atm.
The only thing that matters is Senate Republicans.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2592 on: January 07, 2021, 12:46:19 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

I see. I've noticed it myself. He refuses to acknowledge Biden as the legitimate President-Elect and firmly believes that the election was stolen from Trump.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2593 on: January 07, 2021, 12:49:50 PM »

lmao, I’m not a small fry, I’m like 5’10 and 180 lbs of stockiness, and you can see Allred dwarfs me, Allred deffo would have won

It looks like Allred was actually the peacemaker, and it was between Harris and Lawson (according to https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/no-dallas-rep-colin-allred-wasn-e2-80-99t-involved-in-a-near-scuffle-on-house-floor-during-count-of-electoral-college-votes/ar-BB1cyHrh). Lawson and others (including Allred?) had apparently formed a chain to protect Connor Lamb during his speech since some Republicans (including Harris?) were aggressively approaching Lamb. Lawson is a 6'7 former pro basketball player.

Nothing in the article about the Republicans aggressively approaching lamb, but rather yammering to remove his statements from the record.

BTW, High-5 to Conor lamb for calling out the Congressional Republicans who facilitated the Riot by supporting and repeating Trump's lies and incitements. The poor little snowflakes just couldn't handle Conor's serving up a hot steaming plate of reality to them.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2594 on: January 07, 2021, 12:49:53 PM »

Also I think after all of this I must offer an apology to the BLM movement.
I called them out for looting and justified the police response under the pretense that there was massive property destruction, violence, and congregation during a pandemic.

Well...we saw all of the above yesterday and the DC police seemed complicit in allowing these protestors to go through.

Before I had thought that the idea of police hating black Americans was ridiculous. Yes I saw the George Floyd incident, but I viewed it as an outlier. I believed that a large cause of the disparities were largely due to poverty rather than race.

Yesterday cleared any illusions I had about all of that. The lack of a police response to these violent rioters desecrating our greatest landmark, our sacred hall, tells me everything. I hereby apologize for supporting the police response during the Floyd protests, and while I still do not agree with the looting that did occur then, it is clear there exists a shocking double standard in America which must change.

I still don’t think the slogan defund the police was ever bright, but I am more sympathetic than ever towards replacing the structure we have now.

I will say it now, even if six months too late.

Black Lives Matter.

Always have and always will. That being said, “Defund the police” was an incredibly poorly thought-out slogan that likely cost Democrats millions of voters, several House seats, and an outright trifecta on election night.

"Defund the police" has nothing to do with BLM.  It's a slogan invented by white leftist radicals who hijacked the BLM movement, because "Black Lives Matter" wasn't edgy or radical enough for them and they wanted their own slogan.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2595 on: January 07, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »

Also I think after all of this I must offer an apology to the BLM movement.
I called them out for looting and justified the police response under the pretense that there was massive property destruction, violence, and congregation during a pandemic.

Well...we saw all of the above yesterday and the DC police seemed complicit in allowing these protestors to go through.

Before I had thought that the idea of police hating black Americans was ridiculous. Yes I saw the George Floyd incident, but I viewed it as an outlier. I believed that a large cause of the disparities were largely due to poverty rather than race.

Yesterday cleared any illusions I had about all of that. The lack of a police response to these violent rioters desecrating our greatest landmark, our sacred hall, tells me everything. I hereby apologize for supporting the police response during the Floyd protests, and while I still do not agree with the looting that did occur then, it is clear there exists a shocking double standard in America which must change.

I still don’t think the slogan defund the police was ever bright, but I am more sympathetic than ever towards replacing the structure we have now.

I will say it now, even if six months too late.

Black Lives Matter.

Always have and always will. That being said, “Defund the police” was an incredibly poorly thought-out slogan that likely cost Democrats millions of voters, several House seats, and an outright trifecta on election night.

"Defund the police" has nothing to do with BLM.  It's a slogan invented by white leftist radicals who hijacked the BLM movement, because "Black Lives Matter" wasn't edgy or radical enough for them and they wanted their own slogan.

Maybe it's different for zoomers but the millennials I know who say this and ACAB are usually pasty white chicks who are the least likely in the country to suffer police brutality. Solidarity is great but the slogans are awful, and mostly, from white activists like you said.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2596 on: January 07, 2021, 12:52:49 PM »

Capitol police has charged the following 14 people in relation with yesterday's events:

Unlawful Entry:
Leonard Guthrie, Cape May, N.J.
John Anderson, St. Augustine, Fla.
Matthew Council, Riverview, Fla.
Bradley Ruskelas, Inverness, Ill.
Michael Curzio, Summerfield, Fla
Cindy Fitchett, Cobbs Creek, Va.
Terry Brown, Myerstown, Pa.
Douglas Sweet, Hudgins, Va.
Thomas Gallagher, Bridgewater, N.H.
Zandra Sixkiller-Cramer, Glenwood, Md.

Assaulting a Police Officer, Unlawful Entry, Resisting Arrest:
Mark Leffingerwell, No fixed address

CPWL & Unregistered ammunition:
Grant Moore, Buford, Ga.

CPWL, Unregistered Firearm, Unregistered Ammunition:
Lonnie Zoffman, Falkville, Al.

Assaulting a Police Officer:
David Blair, Clarksburg, Md.
That is so weak...unlawful entry...are you kidding me? You think if this had been a band of Muslims forcing themselves into Capitol Hill yelling Allahu Akbar that they would be charged with f***ing unlawful entry? You think if this had been Antifa or BLM, they would have been charged with unlawful entry??

Utterly crazy.

These people should be charged with terrorism or treason.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2597 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:43 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

I see. I've noticed it myself. He refuses to acknowledge Biden as the legitimate President-Elect and firmly believes that the election was stolen from Trump.

I’m so glad Buzz denounced Trump.  He’s always struck me a sensible Republican.

People can change...I did; I once support W. Bush.  It’s when they dig into the treason that it becomes a problem.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2598 on: January 07, 2021, 12:54:50 PM »

This name...
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2599 on: January 07, 2021, 12:56:58 PM »

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Buzz? Not sure
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

The deroute of Fuzzy has been the most saddening thing I have witness whilst on this site. While I have never agreed with him politically, he did not use to be this deranged. He has just gone further and further down the rabbit hole and I don't think there is any way back for him. Sad.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies