DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:26:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269186 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 02:35:24 PM »

Barbarians...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 02:54:54 PM »

Ya'll need to chill.  A small group of crazy people are running around the capitol but there's no need to start shooting people, JFC.  Its not even comparable to this June when we had whole neighborhoods going up in flames.  The people who break the law should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  That does NOT mean opening fire on them.

What did you say then?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »

Welp, so much for the party of law and order.

Goddamned traitors. Too bad we liberals are supposed to be against the death penalty.

I for one, have always supported the Death Penalty. Today only re-enforces my support.

I support the Death Penalty, but only for terrorism, treason, and genocide.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 03:38:01 PM »

I generally oppose lethal force used by police but this has got to come to an end.

If the police start killing people on the spot, especially innocent protestors, fire will be returned. They better be smart this time.

The tree of liberty so on and so on...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 03:40:25 PM »

Everyone participating or encouraging this stunt should probably consider themselves under criminal investigation. I would if I were them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 05:20:19 PM »

Trump should not be impeached or removed from office. That would turn him into a martyr and further radicalized his supporters.

At this point, his supporters’ needs or wishes are irrelevant.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 10:26:23 AM by The Daily Beagle »

Quote from: Panda Express link=topic=422360.msg7878153#msg7878153 date=-47795215013000 uid=12246
Yeah, some of these images reminds one of when the Visigoths sacked Rome. They even look like barbarians. Nice going Trump supporters

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 10:28:46 AM »

lmao, I’m not a small fry, I’m like 5’10 and 180 lbs of stockiness, and you can see Allred dwarfs me, Allred deffo would have won

[img width=465

Well Harris, you smarmy piece of s***, you and your ilk are Liars.

I would have paid big money to see former NFL player Allred smash Harris's face open like a rotten grapefruit with one punch on the house floor.

Encouraging violence is not the answer. You're better than this, Badger.

Is he? Badger's grown on me in recent months, but he's always been a bit of an internet tough guy.

I, for one, wish I could take off my belt and put each of these heathens over my knee.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »

Capitol police has charged the following 14 people in relation with yesterday's events:

Unlawful Entry:
Leonard Guthrie, Cape May, N.J.
John Anderson, St. Augustine, Fla.
Matthew Council, Riverview, Fla.
Bradley Ruskelas, Inverness, Ill.
Michael Curzio, Summerfield, Fla
Cindy Fitchett, Cobbs Creek, Va.
Terry Brown, Myerstown, Pa.
Douglas Sweet, Hudgins, Va.
Thomas Gallagher, Bridgewater, N.H.
Zandra Sixkiller-Cramer, Glenwood, Md.

Assaulting a Police Officer, Unlawful Entry, Resisting Arrest:
Mark Leffingerwell, No fixed address

CPWL & Unregistered ammunition:
Grant Moore, Buford, Ga.

CPWL, Unregistered Firearm, Unregistered Ammunition:
Lonnie Zoffman, Falkville, Al.

Assaulting a Police Officer:
David Blair, Clarksburg, Md.
Very disappointed to see someone from Inverness on this list. I used to live very close to there.

crazy people live everywhere.  Is this really news?  

Of course, crazy people live everywhere, but that doesn't mean one cannot condemn them or express their disappointment about them. Now, I have a question of my own. Do you hold Trump responsible for what happened yesterday? If not, why?

3 of them were Florida Men. And I hope each of them won’t be able to make noise with their farts by this time next year.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »

I want to thank these trump bastards, for teaching all of us that "True American Patriots" use the pole with the American flag attached to it, to bludgeon law enforcement with.
What a truly Patriotic thing to do.

What do you expect? They're nazis.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 07:03:11 PM »

Armed stormings have been planned at every state capitol, as well as four consecutive days of armed protests at the US Capitol, per the FBI.

God help us.

https://abc7ny.com/fbi-armed-protest-president-donald-trump-capitol-raid/9563994/
If this turns into a bloody mess then I at least hope it will be the thing that finally discredits Trumpism once and for all.

If Wednesday didn't, nothing will.

De programming will be hard, if not impossible. However, social media is the connective tissue, so maybe we'll see.

These people aren't worth the effort to deprogram.  Lock all of them up and throw away the key.
They should be given a chance to self-deport.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »

When Steve Doocy is the voice of reason...

What is attacking a federal courthouse ?
May not be democracy but very much the institutions

If there is an invasion of our country, we know who not to put in charge of where to place resources.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 04:04:07 PM »

We now have literal QAnon wackos in congress. With people as lunatic as that, there’s no telling what they might do. We are not talking about regular rational people here.

Why bother having Congress at all, with that attitude? Let's just dispense with the performance and let the security bureaucracy run the country without pretending that there are any real checks on it.

Why refuse to acknowledge the damage one percenters can do?  you act as if a metal detector is unreasonable tyranny.

Takes me back to the ten minutes of explaining to LAX security that the underwire in my bra was setting off the metal detectors.  

Was a nice distraction from the suitcase of exotic lizards, though.  

So you're good on flying without TSA?

Oh of course not, that was just one particularly aggravating experience -- lead TSA guy was on a power trip. 

They once drove my girlfriend to tears over her moisturizing cream at Sky Harbor. Threatened to write my congressman about it but he is an idiot.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 02:53:19 PM »

What would happen if “several” lawmakers were indicted or convicted? They stay congresspeople, sure... I guess they vote by proxy if need be? They wouldn’t be able to campaign.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 05:39:50 PM »

What would happen if “several” lawmakers were indicted or convicted? They stay congresspeople, sure... I guess they vote by proxy if need be? They wouldn’t be able to campaign.

It's very likely that the House would vote to expel any members that were convicted of crimes related to the attack.  It requires a 2/3 vote of the members.

You could make an argument for conspiracy or misprisonment for anyone who votes against expulsion.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 05:42:52 PM »

It's very likely that the House would vote to expel any members that were convicted of crimes related to the attack.  It requires a 2/3 vote of the members.

I doubt it, you'd see all but like 15 Republicans call it a witchunt.

Unless something else happens, you might be right. It would otherwise need to be part of a campaign to pain the Republican Party as Post-American.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 02:38:46 PM »

A rioter from Texas threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI that he participated in the riots at the Capitol.

A Texas man with ties to a right-wing extremist group threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI he traveled to Washington to storm the Capitol with other President Trump supporters, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt threatened his daughter and son while arguing with them about his role in the Capitol siege, his wife told an FBI agent, according to the court papers filed in Washington, DC.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt allegedly said to his kids.

I give you the pro-life, pro-family party, ladies and gents.

"Killing my kids to own the libs! Who needs kids when I can have four more years of President Trump!?"

Nothing unhinged or irrational about that.

The motivation there has nothing to do with Trump or "owning the libs."   It's unbridled rage at the prospect of betrayal from a family member.  It is sadly entirely predictable that some people would react in such a way.

Jesus, you will defend Trump and these terrorists at every turn

I think it's actually worth understanding social dynamics beyond merely whether something is good or bad.  That really annoys people for some reason but it's important if you ever want to solve things or even just keep things from getting worse.

People right now are being encouraged to turn in their family members.  If you support that, you need to at least recognize that some people won't have the character to respond in a healthy way when it happens to them.

Whatever it takes to protect people but under no circumstances will it be an entire excuse from engaging in misprisonment.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 03:31:00 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2021, 03:52:06 PM by Congrats, Griffin! »

A rioter from Texas threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI that he participated in the riots at the Capitol.

A Texas man with ties to a right-wing extremist group threatened to shoot his children if they told the FBI he traveled to Washington to storm the Capitol with other President Trump supporters, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt threatened his daughter and son while arguing with them about his role in the Capitol siege, his wife told an FBI agent, according to the court papers filed in Washington, DC.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt allegedly said to his kids.

I give you the pro-life, pro-family party, ladies and gents.

"Killing my kids to own the libs! Who needs kids when I can have four more years of President Trump!?"

Nothing unhinged or irrational about that.

The motivation there has nothing to do with Trump or "owning the libs."   It's unbridled rage at the prospect of betrayal from a family member.  It is sadly entirely predictable that some people would react in such a way.

Jesus, you will defend Trump and these terrorists at every turn

I think it's actually worth understanding social dynamics beyond merely whether something is good or bad.  That really annoys people for some reason but it's important if you ever want to solve things or even just keep things from getting worse.

People right now are being encouraged to turn in their family members.  If you support that, you need to at least recognize that some people won't have the character to respond in a healthy way when it happens to them.

Okay then they can go to jail for murdering their cousin.

What is your endgame here?

There's a difference between not having any penalties & valorizing and deepening dysfunctional family relations in order to make it happen.

This isn’t a negotiation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies