DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:10:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268805 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:26:50 PM »

No you inflated flabby old f##k. You tin pot wannabe Banana Republic dictator. No! You don't get to Pro kerosene on a fire 4 months on end and suddenly offer a tepid call to remain calm when the fire quite expectedly grows out of control. F*** you!!! Rotten hell, but only after you serve the last several years of your life as someone's prison b****. Perfect karma for a serial rapist such as yourself!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:27:53 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 06:53:48 PM by Badger »

If this is just a bunch of random guys from across the country imagine an actual coup attempt.

That's like calling the brownshirts a bunch of random guys from across the Fatherland. An actual Grassroots far right-wing to attempt a coup is exactly what this is!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:08 PM »

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

Blaming BLM for this even in the slightest teensiest way is beyond hot take of the year, to just plane brain-dead whataboutism. Kindly drink a glass of STFU juice and stop posting till you greatly develop your critical thinking skills.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:44 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:33:55 PM »

These criminals need to be arrested and prosecuted to a man. It's not without precedent; I myself prosecuted several BLM protestors from May. Its only fair that these people be treated the same way.
Yes. This started out ok but this is turning into a Beer Hall Putsch.

WTF do you mean "this started out ok"?!?!?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:37:07 PM »

Every single Trump supporter:

Fuzzy Bear, Sanchez, even sensible folks like Buzz.

This is your fault.  You are to blame.

Stop

He's right. Truth Hurts, coward? The fact that you're still going to support a party of which two-thirds of their elected Congress members are on record as opposing the result of a legitimate presidential election, all because you refuse to challenge the little bedroom shine you hold the saint Ronnie?!?

No, child. YOU stop!! The fact that you weren't willing to accept responsibility, notwithstanding your third party vote for president, that's a Republican party as a whole needs to take responsibility for being taken over by trumpist mentality, and you won't turn against them after an outright violent coup the leader of your party has been implicitly if not explicitly encouraging for months. because taxes and business regulation are icky,
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:38:01 PM »

I thought riots were the language of the unheard?

This isn't a riot. It's an organized attempt at taking over the government.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 04:39:25 PM »

These criminals need to be arrested and prosecuted to a man. It's not without precedent; I myself prosecuted several BLM protestors from May. Its only fair that these people be treated the same way.

wait are you a lawyer

I would kind of have to be to prosecute someone.

At very minimum this is trespass or armed trespass. In Florida this would qualify as a burglary, but I'm not sure it would under Federal law. Make them all felons.

There are much, much more serious federal charges that could be levied here, and absolutely should be.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 04:41:30 PM »

Every single Trump supporter:

Fuzzy Bear, Sanchez, even sensible folks like Buzz.

This is your fault.  You are to blame.

No. He's right. How did people think this was gonna end?

Stop

They dont support these rioters so blaming them for something they dont support is ridiculous

No, they, and by extension you supporting the Republican Party doing all it can to undermine free and Democratic elections this year are. Part. Of. The. Fundamental. PROBLEM!!

Trying to wash your hands of it and saying well I oppose this violence and didn't vote for Trump oh, but I'm still happy Republican notwithstanding the party having been taken over not just by Trump personally, but by this type of authoritarian measure where most Congress men are trying to throw out a free invalid election doesn't absolve you! Not even close.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 04:45:03 PM »

Trump is supporting the coup.

WTF!?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 04:50:55 PM »

The fact you say this shows not just strong character, but that it's by no means too late to change.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:50 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 07:20:10 PM by Badger »

Gloves? Off.
wtf does a corporate tax cut have to do with storming the Capitol?

His point, completely correct, is that the few last never trumpist establishment Republicans gladly and wholeheartedly made their deal with the devil to support and shield Trump from the consequences for which he richly deserved impeachment, or bare minimum to be held in full restraint unconditionally until he ceased his attempts to undermine the rule of law in exchange for an authoritarian Cult of Personality, in order to get their tax cuts and judges nominated. A functioning democracy was all too sacrificable to the Republican party in order to achieve these goals.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:42 PM »

Anyone calling themselves a Republican after this will forever be associated with it.

Leaving your party is the only way to make it change, because right now it’s a party of terrorists and traitors.  If you don’t support that, leave it!

Oh stop it. Trump voters didnt turn out last night in GA which is why the Republicans lost. Most Reps dont endorse this at all and a lot have hated Trump from the start. Don't conflate the two, its lazy and incites more hatred.

That's complete b******* and someone as smart as you should know it. The Republican party is fully trumpist, not just in so far as their worship of the mango Mussolini that predominates from the Grassroots to the halls of Congress, but for the sheer embracing authoritarianism and literally any means necessary to smash the dirty liberals, and in the process rejecting democracy and the rule of law.

Outside the very tiny tiny share of die-hard anti Trump Republicans like David Frum and George Will, the GOP owns this. Top to f****** bottom.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:53 PM »

How about 240 Republican congressman who fought to eject to today's Electoral College certification? Every single thing Trump has said and done to incite this occurrence, every single one of those bastards similarly aided and abetted him to the nines.

Are you willing to go that extra step mr. Republican? Or are you too scared that maybe Democrats will pick up House Seats and raise your families taxes and possibly nominate Progressive judges to the federal bench? Cry

For as much s*** as I give you, you do have a decent, albeit in my opinion sometimes wavering, fundamental core as a person. There's some reprobates like Sanchez and fuzzy who are beyond help and will back the next Trump or the next authoritarian would like to throw out democracy if it means the Republican Party staying in power, even if they offer whenever tepid critique of this literal coup attempt they might. You however have a chance.

How about it, osr? You know full well that oh, for all the reasons you and I agree that Trump absolutely needs impeached over this, a majority of congressional Republicans fully aided and abetted him the whole way. And we're not talking about going after some mindless deplorable who happened to attend a trump Rally or do phone banking for his campaign. We're talking about elected members of the House and Senate.

Ready to impeach them too? Or are you indeed a republican first and an American second?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »

Trump should be impeached tried for incitement to treason and executedfor this

Corrected.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 05:18:55 PM »

Armed protesters have also taken over the Capitol buildings in GA and KS.

Link?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:47 PM »

Catharsis.  Not just for those protesting/rioting today, but for all of us.  It takes events like this for our national purpose to be allowed to change and update.  Whatever may come of this, we should relish this opportunity to break the "end of history" ethos that has strangled our spirit for the past 30 years.

If we had a more transformative Democrat as president-elect (i.e., not Biden), he would go on national television tonight to announce the immediate establishment of a provisional government, reconstitute the House and Senate (w/ Ossoff and Perdue being seated immediately) and implement martial law.

Use this opportunity to flip the table and unleash all the pent-up social/political change we've needed since WWII.   

And somehow, you clumsy little fart, you still wind up blaming Biden for this somehow rather than your mango Mussolini.

You are utterly irredeemable.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 05:27:20 PM »

Northam sending in National Guard and VA State Troops.

YES.

Ff2 the extreme. F*** you all Virginia Republicans who voted against him! He is a national hero, while you are gutless amoral quislings for a would-be American Mussolini.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 05:27:53 PM »

Every single Republican needs to do a lot of soul searching. You’re all literally fascist enablers.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 05:29:50 PM »

I generally oppose lethal force used by police but this has got to come to an end.

If the police start killing people on the spot, especially innocent protestors, fire will be returned. They better be smart this time.

Bluntly put, when dozens if not hundreds of these protesters have stormed the capital and taking it over by force, and are firing shots, and their cohorts outside haven't left, there are no innocent protesters at this point.

Give them two minutes to disperse the exterior via a warning of lethal gunfire to commence in 2 minutes. Anyone left oh, take the f***** down
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 05:34:25 PM »

This is not a "whataboutist" defense of what is going on but I absolutely think the weak ass response to the summer riots contributed to this. These guys might not think they could get away with this if they'd seen the CHAZ clowns getting rolled over by armored cars on TV.
This.

Seriously dude. We get it that you have more than a little bary concealed sympathy for these fellow right-wing jackbooted thugs from whose ranks you retired only a couple years ago. But maybe take a break under the circumstances, drink a nice tall glass of STFU juice, and realize that your brownshirt types are not welcome here.

And by here, I don't mean Atlas, I mean America.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 05:58:16 PM »

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that once the barrier has been broken down, this sort of thing becomes tacitly legitimized. In the same way Turkish coups became legitimate over the past 70 years as a means of protecting Kemalism , so too may this become a normalized thing in American society.

And its very very difficult to put the cat back into the bag once its out.

In a similar vein to my CHAZ comment this is why they need to be aggressive here. Wouldn't mind them shooting rioters at all. People won't pull stuff like this if they think they could actually die.

Shooting them only makes it worse. Trump is the root of the problem, you cant let people like him win, and well...to be honest, i'm not sure how you stop that. Both parties are probably to blame for his rise.

1 party coddled, worshipped, and follow the manga Mussolini's words and authoritarian thuggery like holy gospel. The other one fought him tooth and nail for 5 years.

Yep, sounds like an unmistakable case of both sides responsibility to me. Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 06:04:53 PM »

Missouri and today's Trump is Republican party will probably still back him. He'll make some blase blah statement about how violence is always wrong, too bad we have to deal with this Plus ANTIFA AND BLM threatening our country, the protest appeared peaceful when I walked by, I support fighting voter fraud but not violence, I regret anything misconstrued and hope the perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, blah blah blah blah.

As we've seen in this thread, there is no level of self-delusion and whataboutism the most typical Republican will stoop to in order to maintain their fealty to the party and hard right conservatism
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2021, 06:07:36 PM »

Impeach and Remove Trump now, or use the 25th amendment

Couldn't agree more.

Now how about the nearly 200 Republican members of the Congress and Senate who actively and unreservedly encouraged, 18, and abetted the Very incitement for which you and I agree Trump should be impeached? Complicity to a crime is punishable at the same degree as the underlying crime itself.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »

If a protestor could spray paint "NERF THE DMR" in large red letters across the senate floor, that would be fantastic.

You're actually enjoying this, aren't you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies