DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:31:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268826 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:16:26 PM »

MY QUEEN IS ALIVE!

Cori Bush is actually very underrated but it has nothing to do with this.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:20:58 PM »

MY QUEEN IS ALIVE!

Cori Bush is actually very underrated but it has nothing to do with this.

Good for her, but her rhetoric is what will feed Ann Wagner to another term in 2022, she'll run a suburban flight campaign about Bush's St. Louis problems.

Shut up lmfao
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:28:37 PM »

Atlas' favorite congresswoman is doing ok
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:35:02 PM »

D.C. police are complicit.

not surprised
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »

MUH Antifa
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »

Rep. Nancy Mace on SkyNews said that her support for Trump has been “wiped out”.

she's such a self-hating rino
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 05:07:57 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

The true enemy of the people.  100%
This is deranged, even for you. You are looking at this and what you are seeing is protesters being DEMONIZED? WTF man? Get a grip.

Literally the only thing that makes this any different than BLM riots/protesters is that the building is big and white with a pretty dome and columns and Yasss Kween Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters work there.  Occupying and damaging a police precinct building is literally no different that what is going on today.  Police power, the electoral college and Congress are all equally-legitimate manifestations of our civil government.  Its the same s[inks]t, yet the level of vitriol and pearl clutching going on are oceans apart. 

Why are you not muted from this board yet? Mods? Please?

He'll be muted if you get an avatar - go to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and select an avatar.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:59 PM »

I wonder if Republicans will fall below 10% in Arlington County after this.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:22 PM »

Also, Mike Garcia is probably DOA at this point. Lol
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 05:29:16 PM »

"When protestors tried to take the Capitol"
hahahaha

It literally says the Capitol steps. Can you read?

Actually, you're from Alabama, so maybe not.

He's not actually from Alabama lmao, he's from Spain
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:54 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

I never supported Trump, and I also didn't vote for any R candidate on the ballot this year (because of McConnell ramming through ACB, which I felt was unfair to half the country). Do I get a medal of freedom?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

I never supported Trump, and I also didn't vote for any R candidate on the ballot this year (because of McConnell ramming through ACB, which I felt was unfair to half the country). Do I get a medal of freedom?

No, but Young Kim does.

Yay!
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 05:41:56 PM »

This is my favorite post of 2021
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 05:43:24 PM »

No, but Young Kim does.

Yay!

Young Kim represents the only type of Republican I still respect. The ones that put the country over just the GOP and their lust for power.

I hope she doesn't disappoint us!  Purple heart
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 05:59:34 PM »

No, you're amazing.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:07 PM »

No, you're amazing.

She can vote to impeach Trump or all she’s doing is blowing smoke out her ass.

She will. She's a saneTM Republican  Purple heart
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 03:38:36 AM »

There are only two things I am willing to hear from Trump supporters right now.

1) "I am sorry. My vote aided and abetted an attempt at a fascist coup in the United States. I will now live the rest of my life attempting to atone for what I have done."

2) "I am clearly a terrible judge of character. Democrats, please educate me. How did you know the warning signs of Trump's narcissistic, dictatorial personality before I did? Before I ever cast another vote, I should learn how to watch for these things."

Anything else is either apologism, whataboutism, or genuine fascism.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:30 AM »

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

The guy blaming today on the "BLM riots" is now praising law enforcement for not fighting back against a physical takeover of the US Capitol during an active session of Congress.

How dense can you be?

He was probably trolling
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

The guy blaming today on the "BLM riots" is now praising law enforcement for not fighting back against a physical takeover of the US Capitol during an active session of Congress.

How dense can you be?

He was probably trolling

Or was too busy gargling Putin’s nutsack to notice or care.

Green Line has always struck me as a troll tbh
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 12:28:52 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 12:32:36 PM by Young Kim Republican »

How many trumpsters are left on atlas at this point? Genuinely curious as almost all the blue avatars I’ve seen have turned on him at this point as well.

My guess would be:

-Arizona Iced Tea
-Fuzzy Bear
-Del Tachi
-PRESIDENT STANTON

Idk about Jessica, RFayette, and SN.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 08:19:17 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2021, 08:56:40 AM by Charleston Marxists for Communist Nancy Mace »

It seems like Arizona Iced Tea is the only Trump supporter left on Atlas. Lol
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »

Is there a list of all the GOPers who sustained these challenges?
I need to know so I can start donating to their opponents/galvanizing people.

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/6/22218058/republicans-objections-election-results
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »

LMAO Quinnipiac is still polling?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 01:59:20 PM »

I'd bet they're closer to the truth than Rasmussen (48/51 today).

Definitely. FTR, I'm not opposed to pollsters like Monmouth/Marist/Fox News working to improve the accuracy of their polls, but Quinnipiac should just go away. It was always a horrible pollster - they had Clinton down by double digits in Colorado in 2016 IIRC.

And Biden +21 in ME, Biden +11 in FL, Trump +1 in SC, Biden +5 in IA, etc.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 11:15:19 AM »

Rep. Brad Schneider tests positive for COVID:

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies