DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:20:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 275004 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2475 on: January 07, 2021, 07:54:58 AM »

This is what fascism looks like - destroying records and the very documents through which the democratically elected upper-chamber can be run effectively.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2476 on: January 07, 2021, 08:07:50 AM »

Hilarious to see the humiliation of the American political elite, the Senate chamber overrun and pathetic politicians cowering in fear.

A few things of note, it is funny how the left always presents itself as the revolutionary vanguard, but the street power of the left merely amounts to burning down random shops, it is the right which is clearly the revolutionary force, storming Congress, note how banks supported the BLM riots but put out statements condemning the march on Congress, shows who the real revolutionary faction is and who the establishment is.

Secondly one must note how funny it is to see American diplomats etc who crow about how it is democracy whenever some random country who happens to oppose America has its parliament stormed by people now say the people who stormed Congress were traitors etc. The reputation damage to America will be real, its hypocrisy has been fully shown in reality.

You're posting quality has always been sh**tty, but this is a new low even for you. Congratulations!
With you in spirit
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2477 on: January 07, 2021, 08:09:21 AM »

Now that the election has been certified, I am in favor of directing all resources of the federal government to expelling every single member of Congress who voted to overturn the results of a legitimate election as well as the President. Do it before the 20th. Charge them all with sedition.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2478 on: January 07, 2021, 08:11:15 AM »

lmao, I’m not a small fry, I’m like 5’10 and 180 lbs of stockiness, and you can see Allred dwarfs me, Allred deffo would have won

Well Harris, you smarmy piece of s***, you and your ilk are Liars.

I would have paid big money to see former NFL player Allred smash Harris's face open like a rotten grapefruit with one punch on the house floor.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #2479 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:17 AM »

Trump has lost *checks notes* the Envoy to Northern Ireland.

Seriously though. It's incredibly how this is what it took to get Mulvaney, Trump's worst enabler for most of 2017-18 to flip.

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2480 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:30 AM »

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

We don't have a country anymore.  The BLM riots all summer set the stage for this.  There's no going back now.

The guy blaming today on the "BLM riots" is now praising law enforcement for not fighting back against a physical takeover of the US Capitol during an active session of Congress.

How dense can you be?

He was probably trolling
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2481 on: January 07, 2021, 08:15:50 AM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

The guy blaming today on the "BLM riots" is now praising law enforcement for not fighting back against a physical takeover of the US Capitol during an active session of Congress.

How dense can you be?

He was probably trolling

Or was too busy gargling Putin’s nutsack to notice or care.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2482 on: January 07, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »

How dense can you be?

He was probably trolling

Or was too busy gargling Putin’s nutsack to notice or care.

Green Line has always struck me as a troll tbh
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #2483 on: January 07, 2021, 08:59:46 AM »

On behalf of New Mexico I apologize for the one lunatic traitor Republican we sent to Congress. Pretty sure she’s not going to survive redistricting.

And on Romney’s glorious glare at Hawley: hey Mitt why don’t you take Hawley on a historical field trip to Mountain Meadows to explain why a Missourian crossing a Utahan is a bad idea? Smiley
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2484 on: January 07, 2021, 09:07:26 AM »

Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #2485 on: January 07, 2021, 09:20:47 AM »

Kinda missing the point. The four people who died in Benghazi weren't terrorists. Besides, of the four Capitol assailants, two died from heart attacks (thank you, cholesterol-filled American cuisine, you guardian of democracy!), one fell off the stairs and only one was acually killed - by security forces while she was committing a terrorist attack.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #2486 on: January 07, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »

I woke up this morning feeling even more sick about this and Joe Scarborough really echoed my thoughts well on Morning Joe.

I am so disgusted and I do not understand how this was allowed to happen. They breached every level of security with nothing more than pushing and were able to enter the chambers of Congress at the US Capitol building.

The response from the Capitol Police was either 1) extremely incompetent or 2) intentional. It is horrifying either way. The Capitol is supposed to be one of the most secure buildings in this country. These people were not even met with the force that met peaceful protestors in public places over the summer. These people waged an armed attack on the world's most powerful legislative body and nearly all of them walked out of there without a scratch.

It was an awful display of the disparity of police response compared to people of color and it was a blatant attack on what we (or I, at least, as I am coming to realize some Americans don't feel the same) hold most dearly about this country - our democratic legislative process, our free and fair elections, and the subsequent peaceful transfer of power.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #2487 on: January 07, 2021, 09:29:51 AM »

We don’t need hearings to know that Trump, Cruz, Hawley and all of the objectors bear responsibility for this and have partaken in an act of treason.

However, there should be an inquiry into the security failings and how law enforcement allowed the insurrectionists to easily penetrate what ought to be one of the most secure buildings in the world.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2488 on: January 07, 2021, 09:40:33 AM »

It seems baffling that a Government with a whole host of alphabet soup related security departments couldn't secure the U.S capitol.

I'm not at all an expert of these things but if I had to guess it appears that that there is a rather weird security set up; the D.C police are in charge of the area surronding the capitol, the capitol police are in charge of the estate & the Sergeant at Arms is in charge of the chamber.

In this case it appears that the Secret Service did their job & the House leadership were protected... the Secret Service are suppose to be very much on the ball with these things after their failures in the past.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2489 on: January 07, 2021, 09:43:38 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 09:52:32 AM by Blair »

It seems baffling that a Government with a whole host of alphabet soup related security departments couldn't secure the U.S capitol.

I'm not at all an expert of these things but if I had to guess it appears that that there is a rather weird security set up; the D.C police are in charge of the area surronding the capitol, the capitol police are in charge of the estate & the Sergeant at Arms is in charge of the chamber.

In this case it appears that the Secret Service did their job & the House leadership were protected... the Secret Service are suppose to be very much on the ball with these things after their failures in the past.

It's very different but back in 2017 there was a major attack on the UK Parliament where someone drove through an un-armed gate and stabbed an unarmed police officer; they were luckily shot by a ministerial bodyguard who happened to be nearby through pure luck but if it had been done on a bigger scale we could have seen a mass killing as MPs were voting at that time. In that case they had to physically lock the doors of the commons.

But this is on a completely different scale
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2490 on: January 07, 2021, 09:44:07 AM »

Because the treason runs much deeper. The commandant of the police was an active sympathizer with the Confederate conspirators. So was Trump and key figures in the top of the DoD. They are all Confederates, not real Americans.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2491 on: January 07, 2021, 09:46:32 AM »

Security details for the Speaker and other Congressional leaders are provided by the Capitol Police.  Backbench members of the House and Senate don't receive any special protective detail. 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2492 on: January 07, 2021, 09:52:03 AM »

Security details for the Speaker and other Congressional leaders are provided by the Capitol Police.  Backbench members of the House and Senate don't receive any special protective detail. 

Ah I thought Pelosi got Secret Service protection because she was in the line of succession (I thought I saw Grassley get ushered out)

But yeah I assumed House & Senators didn't; it appears that they pretty much gave up on protecting the entire estate & focused on trying to protect the members- which is a decision you shouldn't have to be making.
Panda Express

« Reply #2493 on: January 07, 2021, 09:52:19 AM »

Yeah, some of these images reminds one of when the Visigoths sacked Rome. They even look like barbarians. Nice going Trump supporters

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2494 on: January 07, 2021, 09:52:28 AM »

There also needs to be a thorough investigation how this could happen that these terrorists were able to get into the building, including offices and the chamber. I don't doubt for a minute a vast, vast majority of Capitol Police are decent people who put their lives in the line, but there was either incompetence from higher levels, chaos or whatever. But I can't hide a feeling this would have ended differently if BLM activists had done something remotely terrible. Not to mention the outrage by Mr. Trump and his enablers.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2495 on: January 07, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »

I guess the fundamental question is what would have happened if this had been the white house?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2496 on: January 07, 2021, 10:17:42 AM »

If those rioters were black they would have been sprayed down with fire hoses and many dead bodies of protesters everywhere.

Let's not pretend there are not double standards.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2497 on: January 07, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 10:26:23 AM by The Daily Beagle »

Quote from: Panda Express link=topic=422360.msg7878153#msg7878153 date=-47795215013000 uid=12246
Yeah, some of these images reminds one of when the Visigoths sacked Rome. They even look like barbarians. Nice going Trump supporters

It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #2498 on: January 07, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »

I guess the fundamental question is what would have happened if this had been the white house?

I think the question is: What if this had been well-organized? If that had been the case, it realistically could have been a successful coup d’état. Democracy came frighteningly close to breaking down.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2499 on: January 07, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »

lmao, I’m not a small fry, I’m like 5’10 and 180 lbs of stockiness, and you can see Allred dwarfs me, Allred deffo would have won

[img width=465

Well Harris, you smarmy piece of s***, you and your ilk are Liars.

I would have paid big money to see former NFL player Allred smash Harris's face open like a rotten grapefruit with one punch on the house floor.

Encouraging violence is not the answer. You're better than this, Badger.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies