2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:15:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 174833 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3150 on: October 20, 2022, 11:17:52 AM »

Special elections were not "incredibly indicative" in 2017/2018 — the dramatic Nov. 2016 -> 2017/2018 swings we saw in those special elections far exceeded the Nov. 2016 -> Nov. 2018 swings of that cycle.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3151 on: October 20, 2022, 11:18:27 AM »

What Atlas/Talk Elections Democrats don't get: The House of Representatives was always Likely Republican even during the Dobbs Decision given that Republicans only needed six seats to win it.

Atlas/Talk Elections Democrats will of course never admit it but "You Blew essentially your House Majority in 2020 when you let Republicans flip 13 Seats".

Finally I want to point out Politico's House Forecast. They even had the House as Likely Republican during the Dobbs Decision so I give them heaps of credit by sticking to their guns while Democratic Trolls like Wasserman instantly said that the House might be in play.

What I personally don't like is this: Cook & Wasserman claim to be non-partisan YET in every Election Cycle they spent 90 % of their time on one particular Network: MSNBC. Don't claim to be Non-Partisan when you are not.

And I say the same thing that I said about Wasserman about Nate Silver. He claims 538 is Non-Partisan because he pulls the strings there and is a Democrat.

The only credible Political Handicapper is Amy Walter who I've seen on all Networks.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #3152 on: October 20, 2022, 11:18:33 AM »

Okay, I give up, we're doomed.

Give up on the House. Maybe a 5% chance Dems hold it the way things are going now.

Try to save the Senate, but honestly that's probably Tilt Republican by now.

Ditch Biden in 2024, the public has given up on him.
Maybe a slight overreaction..

I'm not sure why people expected this midterm to suddenly buck historical norms when Biden has negative approval...

2024 is a entirely different election given the strength of presidential incumbency.

He's done. If this party can't convince voters that democracy itself is more important than temporary swings in the price of gas then they are beyond useless.
Basic cost of living issues are always going to trump hyperbolic statements about democracy being in terminal decline, or whatever..

Most people don't care.

138 House Republicans voted to nullify MY VOTE.

THROW IT OUT. DESTROY IT. TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS.

THAT IS A THREAT TO DEMOCRACY BY ANY SANE MEASURE.
bilaps
« Reply #3153 on: October 20, 2022, 11:19:56 AM »

House was never in play for Democrats. In this environment with this slim majority, always a zero chance of retaining the House.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #3154 on: October 20, 2022, 11:20:16 AM »

Give up on the House. Maybe a 5% chance Dems hold it the way things are going now.

I'm not sure why people expected this midterm to suddenly buck historical norms when Biden has negative approval...

2024 is a entirely different election given the strength of presidential incumbency.

He's done. If this party can't convince voters that democracy itself is more important than temporary swings in the price of gas then they are beyond useless.
Basic cost of living issues are always going to trump hyperbolic statements about democracy being in terminal decline, or whatever..

Most people don't care.

One must also consider though that the GOP has put forward no solutions to solving said cost of living issues.
A fair criticism.. but given there's currently a democratic trifecta, most of the blame is obviously going to be shifted in one direction.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #3155 on: October 20, 2022, 11:21:57 AM »

House was never in play for Democrats. In this environment with this slim majority, always a zero chance of retaining the House.

If this party wasn't run entirely by seventy and eighty year olds who the public sees as wildly out of touch there would have been at least a somewhat realistic chance.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3156 on: October 20, 2022, 11:23:06 AM »

Gas prices went up over the past two weeks or so. They are now going down.

See you all in two weeks.
They are going down because Biden has released more oil from the Strategic Reserves. IMO that probably has the potential to be an impeachable offense to mending an Election.

And what's even more impeachable is begging OPEC+ not to cut oil production after the Midterms. That is a Quid Pro Pro IMO.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3157 on: October 20, 2022, 11:28:58 AM »

Most people don't care.

One must also consider though that the GOP has put forward no solutions to solving said cost of living issues.
SPENDING OURSELVES OUT OF INFLATION like Democrats are planning to do ain't the solution either.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #3158 on: October 20, 2022, 11:30:14 AM »

The only credible Political Handicapper is Amy Walter who I've seen on all Networks.

Amy Walter is the editor-in-chief of the Cook Political Report (the publication you said you disliked earlier in your post), FWIW. I would hardly call her a great political handicapper since she wrote a whole article doubling down on Cook's decision not to rate Georgia as a likely pickup opportunity in 2020 (while also making errors about Georgia's electoral geography in said article).
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3159 on: October 20, 2022, 11:31:45 AM »

Most people don't care.

SPENDING OURSELVES OUT OF INFLATION like Democrats are planning to do ain't the solution either.

IOW nobody has any idea what they're doing and anybody who thinks their "team" has the better answers is kidding themselves. 

Crossbenchers for the win once again!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3160 on: October 20, 2022, 11:37:22 AM »

Amy Walter is the editor-in-chief of the Cook Political Report (the publication you said you disliked earlier in your post), FWIW. I would hardly call her a great political handicapper since she wrote a whole article doubling down on Cook's decision not to rate Georgia as a likely pickup opportunity in 2020 (while also making errors about Georgia's electoral geography in said article).
But she doesn't spent 90 % of the time on MSNBC like Wasserman and then claimes to be non-partisan.

Anyone who spents time on MSNBC is a big "Red Flag" to me and that goes for both, Republican & Democratic leaning Political Analysts. MSNBC should be abolished as a Network because it is indeed the Democrats Party Propaganda Arm. We don't these unserious people like Joy Reid, Nicolle Wallace, Lawrence O'Donnell, Alex Wagner, etc.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3161 on: October 20, 2022, 11:40:17 AM »

The House is probably gone at this point. The interesting battle continues to be for the Senate.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #3162 on: October 20, 2022, 11:40:26 AM »

If Democrats lose the Senate, I will leave this forum for awhile. At that point, I really don't think there is much worth saving.
EastwoodS

« Reply #3163 on: October 20, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »

If Democrats lose the Senate, I will leave this forum for awhile. At that point, I really don't think there is much worth saving.
Haha lmao
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #3164 on: October 20, 2022, 11:44:19 AM »

Haha lmao

Yeah, funny, haha.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3165 on: October 20, 2022, 11:45:19 AM »

Remember when everyone on here clowned me for calling this a 2014 redux back in September?
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #3166 on: October 20, 2022, 11:47:26 AM »

Remember when everyone on here clowned me for calling this a 2014 redux back in September?
You are still a clown because the election hasn't happened yet and we won't know how it will turn out until we get results. Polling is not reliable as we've seen.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3167 on: October 20, 2022, 11:49:54 AM »

You are still a clown because the election hasn't happened yet and we won't know how it will turn out until we get results. Polling is not reliable as we've seen.
If I’m a clown, you must be a trapeze artist with all the mental gymnastics you are going through to justify your increasingly delusional takes.

Rs will have 52 seats in the senate and at least 240 house seats and you still will be insisting that Alaska isn’t 100% in yet.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3168 on: October 20, 2022, 11:54:21 AM »

The coalitions are suited for a natural GOP senate majority, a very tight House and a GOP electoral college edge. Things can change but the 2020s Dem coalition is just ill suited to winning close elections. Of course if a 2025 GOP passes a national abortion ban well get a D+11 2026 election but they might be savvy enough to keep it with the states.

Even the Monmouth poll was only R+13 with whites. The Dems were just winning minorities by only 16. The numbers could be off a bit but this is far more than simply a white backlash like 1994 and 2010.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3169 on: October 20, 2022, 11:56:24 AM »

The coalitions are suited for a natural GOP senate majority, a very tight House and a GOP electoral college edge. Things can change but the 2020s Dem coalition is just ill suited to winning close elections. Of course if a 2025 GOP passes a national abortion ban well get a D+11 2026 election but they might be savvy enough to keep it with the states.

Even the Monmouth poll was only R+13 with whites. The Dems were just winning minorities by only 16. The numbers could be off a bit but this is far more than simply a white backlash like 1994 and 2010.
Awww change your mind after you insistence Ds would sweep for weeks? Well at least you have come to reason now.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3170 on: October 20, 2022, 11:58:21 AM »

After Biden won the 2020 Election I made a point on numerous occasions here that Biden won because 50 % of his Voters came from the "I hate Trump" fraction. That is not a winning coalition to win Elections especially when Trump ain't on the ballot.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3171 on: October 20, 2022, 12:06:46 PM »

Awww change your mind after you insistence Ds would sweep for weeks? Well at least you have come to reason now.

I didn’t insist the Ds would sweep. I thought in late august the House with a 220 or so seat Dem majority and a 51-49 D senate was possible. The latter still is considering these poor GOP candidates in GA AZ PA along with a possible NV polling miss could help Ds.

Monmouth at only 31% college degree also seems quite low. Midterms are usually in the high 30s there. That said, I don’t see how you conclude the House odds are stronger than 10% for Ds.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #3172 on: October 20, 2022, 12:11:20 PM »

If I’m a clown, you must be a trapeze artist with all the mental gymnastics you are going through to justify your increasingly delusional takes.

Rs will have 52 seats in the senate and at least 240 house seats and you still will be insisting that Alaska isn’t 100% in yet.
Got a screenshot. We'll see, but polls are all over the place and I think we're in unpredictable territory.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3173 on: October 20, 2022, 12:33:46 PM »

Where are the Doomers now that Monmouth has it R plus 5 and Kotek is leading Caltrina said Drazen was a shoe in, just like MT Treasure thought LePage and Poliquin we're gonna win
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3174 on: October 20, 2022, 12:56:09 PM »

Got a screenshot. We'll see, but polls are all over the place and I think we're in unpredictable territory.

The hilarious part is Alaska is probably going to be among the Dems brightest spots.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies