PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:20:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290035 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5525 on: October 26, 2022, 01:36:40 PM »

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/john-fetterman-camp-claims-captions-was-filled-with-errors-during-pennsylvania-senate-debate/

Debate host fires back after Fetterman camp claims captions were ‘filled with errors’

Oh damn. Now Fetterman's campaign is attacking the moderators. This isn't a good strategy.

Not an attack on the moderators at all, but whatever misinformation floats your boat.

I'd like a Senator who can speak without the need of a teleprompter

Dianne Feinstein is a literal vegetable. Fetterman will be fine.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5526 on: October 26, 2022, 01:43:30 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5527 on: October 26, 2022, 01:48:58 PM »

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/john-fetterman-camp-claims-captions-was-filled-with-errors-during-pennsylvania-senate-debate/

Debate host fires back after Fetterman camp claims captions were ‘filled with errors’

Oh damn. Now Fetterman's campaign is attacking the moderators. This isn't a good strategy.

Not an attack on the moderators at all, but whatever misinformation floats your boat.

So you would be categorically opposed to say, a deaf Senator?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5528 on: October 26, 2022, 01:49:18 PM »

I do not know why she is even still in the Senate. That is a different case from Fettermans.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5529 on: October 26, 2022, 01:53:12 PM »

Pathetic the way some are trying so hard to push this poor guy across the finish line when clearly he isn't well.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5530 on: October 26, 2022, 01:54:54 PM »

So you would be categorically opposed to say, a deaf Senator?

Cokeulur implants exist jeez... /s
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5531 on: October 26, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »

Pathetic the way some are trying so hard to push this poor guy across the finish line when clearly he isn't well.

He will be just fine, he is sitll recovering.

My apologizes for screaming at you earlier.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #5532 on: October 26, 2022, 01:56:55 PM »

Please stop the disingenuous concern schtick. It's an insult.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5533 on: October 26, 2022, 01:57:52 PM »

That's half the GOP line now. Half of them are going after Giselle and saying terrible things and the other half are trying this very disingenuous "We care about Fetterman, he needs to go rest and get better... and just drop out and call it a day"

It's very transparent to say the least!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5534 on: October 26, 2022, 02:14:38 PM »

That's half the GOP line now. Half of them are going after Giselle and saying terrible things and the other half are trying this very disingenuous "We care about Fetterman, he needs to go rest and get better... and just drop out and call it a day"

What i think it is . that.. some are embarrassed and attacked Fetterman's impediments for political reasons and now they want to show sympathy.

Some of them probably do have sympathy.

IRL.. when I lived in ultra conservative utah.. it was rare for anyone to bother me about my impediment.

This thread was probably the worst ableism I ever seen.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5535 on: October 26, 2022, 02:46:04 PM »

I am speaking with a conservative privately on this from here. Things are simmering down greatly.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5536 on: October 26, 2022, 02:51:54 PM »

I am speaking with a conservative privately on this from here. Things are simmering down greatly.

I think Oz's terrible gaffe(s) certainly gave Fetterman an opening here.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5537 on: October 26, 2022, 03:16:11 PM »

What i think it is . that.. some are embarrassed and attacked Fetterman's impediments for political reasons and now they want to show sympathy.

Some of them probably do have sympathy.

IRL.. when I lived in ultra conservative utah.. it was rare for anyone to bother me about my impediment.

This thread was probably the worst ableism I ever seen.

Anyone who wont apologize for this probably has a serious mental disability. How’s that for Ableism?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #5538 on: October 26, 2022, 03:33:28 PM »

Well, tbf you think everything gives the Dems an opening, so who knows.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5539 on: October 26, 2022, 03:54:54 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2022, 06:06:05 PM by Torie »

To be a contrarian, I don't think abortion is going to sway many votes in PA. Nobody thinks PA is going to ban abortion, or even change its law, and nobody thinks who is in the Senate is going to matter as to PA's law.

I think the election in PA turns on Fetterman's capacity to serve, and economic issues. Oz is not very good at reassuring voters hard pressed financially that he is committed to protecting their interests, and that is a weakness given his lavish life style and celebrity status. Fetterman may strike some as too much of an oddball to be very effective. At this point, TV ads I think are largely a waste of money.

Fetterman's debate performance was poor, but Oz did not do much to sell himself as a guy with good ideas well thought through. He seemed more focused on not putting his foot into it, and he did that reasonably well, but it was a missed opportunity. If I were Oz, I would have ignored Fettermen, and steered the moderators often silly and tendentious questions, to what he outlining what he wanted to do for PA to make the lives of ordinary citizens better. What's behind the facade of the TV doc? Why is he running for this job? What makes him passionate about it? I still don't really know after watching the debate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5540 on: October 26, 2022, 04:05:25 PM »

kwabbit

« Reply #5541 on: October 26, 2022, 04:19:02 PM »

Dude can you cool it on posting so many things from literal Democratic operatives? He’s the communications director of the DSCC, his job is to create Democratic biased content.

The forum at least has a pretense of objectivity. It struggles with that already, it doesn’t need to become VoteDem.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #5542 on: October 26, 2022, 04:22:47 PM »

All I know about this race is that if Fetterman loses, it's not because he ran a bad campaign.

And it looks like we may have overreacted last night at how much the debate would hurt Fetterman, because if anything he might have indeed gotten a sympathy boost to balance out the bad performance. It's definitely possible for Team Oz to overplay this and end up looking like jackasses.

I guess that having a stroke in your early fifties really is the American experience. More people can relate to that than being a TV doctor.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5543 on: October 26, 2022, 04:23:13 PM »

you are just able-ist like most rethugs here

What the hell is "ableist"? I keep hearing this new term thrown around by the left.

Have you heard of this “new” bill called the Americans with Disabilities Act? It was signed into law by *checks notes* President George H.W. Bush.

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that if a person has a disability that shouldn't be allowed to factor into someone's voting preference?

no, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that there’s nothing new about combating discrimination and prejudice against people with disabilities in the Year of Our Lord and Savior 2022.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5544 on: October 26, 2022, 04:38:37 PM »

I mean if Strom Thurmond could serve in the Senate at his age….
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5545 on: October 26, 2022, 05:14:49 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5546 on: October 26, 2022, 05:19:04 PM »

Rs think that having a poor showing at the debate because of a medical condition is the same as being gaffe prone at the debate no it's not, when he comes to DC he is just gonna read what his staffers write just like Athletes do and practice what their agents write for them.

The swing voters are females anyways not men and they aren't gonna hold that against him

But, if you listen to Fox news instead of CSPAN, MSNBC or CNN you think that Oz has it in the bag, lol plse
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #5547 on: October 26, 2022, 05:21:53 PM »

I mean if Strom Thurmond could serve in the Senate at his age….

Mel Carnahan won an election in a Bush state after he was dead in 2000. Dems need to quit the bedwetting and come out swinging against Oz and the abortion thing.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5548 on: October 26, 2022, 05:35:13 PM »

Dude can you cool it on posting so many things from literal Democratic operatives? He’s the communications director of the DSCC, his job is to create Democratic biased content.

The forum at least has a pretense of objectivity. It struggles with that already, it doesn’t need to become VoteDem.

His posts are increasingly becoming white noise to me. As I said the other day, Fetterman could be comatose and in a hospital bed, hooked to life support, and Democrats - such as many on this forum - would crawl on their hands and knees over broken glass to vote for him.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #5549 on: October 26, 2022, 05:41:35 PM »

Well, tbf you think everything gives the Dems an opening, so who knows.

You think it's okay to promise to leave the forum for a year and not follow through.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies