PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290056 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5650 on: October 31, 2022, 08:29:25 AM »

It's wild... it's like Oz is just straight up not doing public events. I don't expect him to hold big rallies, but he's not doing anything where it's open to the public. He seems to be just doing small curated "discussions"

I can't exactly blame him when he generates a new soundbite every time he opens his mouth.

It's more a matter of not needing to do public events.

Pretty sure any candidate should "need" to do public events.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5651 on: October 31, 2022, 09:52:18 AM »

It looks like the attacks backfired

Schumer said that.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #5652 on: October 31, 2022, 09:53:24 AM »

Per the article, most of this was pre-debate. We have yet to see a fully post-debate poll. (Although I suspect the results wouldn't be all that different.)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5653 on: October 31, 2022, 09:54:57 AM »

Per the article, most of this was pre-debate. We have yet to see a fully post-debate poll. (Although I suspect the results wouldn't be all that different.)

Given the narrative on the debate that sort of went from a bit of panic that night/next day to then a bit of backfiring on the GOP/Oz's comments after that, I would assume likely that the next day would be the "worst" for Fetterman per se, so if he was still leading by a few points in Wednesdays sample (per the article), then I'd say that's pretty damn good for him.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5654 on: October 31, 2022, 09:55:49 AM »

Schumer said that.

If Fetterman loses, it will more be the result of national environment.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5655 on: October 31, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »

Given the narrative on the debate that sort of went from a bit of panic that night/next day to then a bit of backfiring on the GOP/Oz's comments after that, I would assume likely that the next day would be the "worst" for Fetterman per se, so if he was still leading by a few points in Wednesdays sample (per the article), then I'd say that's pretty damn good for him.

…taking any conclusions from that kind of sub sample is a very bad idea.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5656 on: October 31, 2022, 10:21:27 AM »

PA Senate is like the football Lucy holds, I can't wait to see the site get their hopes up only for them to be dashed again.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5657 on: October 31, 2022, 10:27:06 AM »

PA Senate is like the football Lucy holds, I can't wait to see the site get their hopes up only for them to be dashed again.

I mean, it's quite possible the debate could've hurt Fetterman even more, but Oz's inane comment about abortion likely helped blunt the damage a bit.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #5658 on: October 31, 2022, 12:18:31 PM »

Do you get joy out of being cruel?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5659 on: October 31, 2022, 12:36:19 PM »

My mantra from The Secular King is in my signature ("Polls don't even matter" if you have those turned off), but I'm seeing a lot of whatever this energy is.

On Weds and Thurs, 47% favored Clinton, 36% Trump. On Fri, Trump 48%, Clinton 40%. Sat-Mon, Clinton 46%, Trump 40%. #mulawpoll
They are trolling...

Just another confirmation that Comey-gate has minimal effect. Most of the tightening is due to Republicans coming home.

I stand by my narrow Fetterman victory prediction, but there is no need to be so gung ho about a very inexact science getting less and less reliable as the years go on. Crosstabs mean almost nothing and are really just noise.

For the record, the prior Marquette poll had Trump leading Day 1 and then getting stomped in the rest of the sample. Margin of error is huge, people's moods change by the day, and there is a lot of noise in samples that doesn't need to be adjusted for.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5660 on: October 31, 2022, 12:49:00 PM »

I get joy out of watching the same people who attack me for being ridiculous realize I was right the entire time…except half the time they just don’t admit it.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5661 on: October 31, 2022, 12:50:23 PM »

Saturday was fun!
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #5662 on: October 31, 2022, 12:55:22 PM »

I get joy out of watching the same people who attack me for being ridiculous realize I was right the entire time…except half the time they just don’t admit it.

Ah, so you time traveled to November 9th, found out you were right, and came back, then?

Or, alternatively, you just enjoy being cruel.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #5663 on: October 31, 2022, 01:00:17 PM »

He seems to be going from one troll persona to another. I've put him on ignore. You probably should too.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5664 on: October 31, 2022, 01:01:34 PM »

I'm only recommending this because it's a nice pic and Kenyatta seems like a really awesome guy.

Otherwise: get ready to be destroyed, my Phillies peeps Tongue
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5665 on: October 31, 2022, 01:13:36 PM »

I'm only recommending this because it's a nice pic and Kenyatta seems like a really awesome guy.

Otherwise: get ready to be destroyed, my Phillies peeps Tongue

This is the most HP thing you've ever said Angry
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5666 on: October 31, 2022, 01:19:26 PM »

He seems to be going from one troll persona to another. I've put him on ignore. You probably should too.
"Everyone I don't like is a troll"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5667 on: October 31, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »

Uh, no. You're quite literally trolling in every single thread at this point. Can you just act like a normal human please? Thanks.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5668 on: October 31, 2022, 01:23:11 PM »

Uh, no. You're quite literally trolling in every single thread at this point. Can you just act like a normal human please? Thanks.
Making predictions that run contrary to yours isn’t trolling. I am acting like a normal human who has been ridiculed for months despite his “doom” being based in reality and now early voting data. Will I be trolling on November 8th when I simply make commentary on real results?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5669 on: October 31, 2022, 01:23:58 PM »

Making predictions that run contrary to yours isn’t trolling.

Your username is literally "9 days to the slaughter." Grow up.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5670 on: October 31, 2022, 01:24:30 PM »

Forumlurker is more of a terminal doomer than a troll.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #5671 on: October 31, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »

Making predictions that run contrary to yours isn’t trolling.

Forumlurker, you've changed your name to "9 Days until the slaughter." You and I both know that this has evolved into something more akin to a backlash against a perceived forum consensus than a value-neutral prediction.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5672 on: October 31, 2022, 01:44:20 PM »

Making predictions that run contrary to yours isn’t trolling. I am acting like a normal human who has been ridiculed for months despite his “doom” being based in reality and now early voting data. Will I be trolling on November 8th when I simply make commentary on real results?

I recommend that you carefully read the guidelines in the first post in the results thread.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5673 on: October 31, 2022, 01:44:32 PM »

Forumlurker is more of a terminal doomer than a troll.

I don't think it counts as dooming if it's the outcome you want. Forumlurker is a conservative.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5674 on: October 31, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2022, 04:02:25 PM by Ishan »

I heard a few ads attacking Fetterman by distinguishing Fetterman from Shapiro today on the radio.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies