PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:19:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290089 times)
Oppo

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2750 on: June 18, 2022, 09:48:46 AM »

wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2751 on: June 18, 2022, 10:28:34 AM »

Frankly, Oz's campaign thus far is making him look like a complete loser. And voters don't like losers.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2752 on: June 18, 2022, 10:33:07 AM »

This is months old; I was about to applaud some good news, at long last, for the Oz campaign.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2753 on: June 18, 2022, 11:51:11 AM »

People are finally realizing that more than half of politics is optics? I kept saying a year ago that Fetterman was an excellent candidate who doesn’t fit the generic D liberal arts LatinX oat milk latte mold.

The average “swing” voter is a moron who makes choices based off gut feelings and likability.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2754 on: June 18, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »

I really don’t get where people get the idea that running an online campaign on Twitter is going to be successful.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2755 on: June 18, 2022, 01:19:10 PM »

I really don’t get where people get the idea that running an online campaign on Twitter is going to be successful.
Twitter isn’t real life, even if it holds a dangerously high amount of influence on our actual politics on occasion.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2756 on: June 18, 2022, 03:55:57 PM »

Frankly, Oz's campaign thus far is making him look like a complete loser. And voters don't like losers.

Yeah, he's coming across as an effete beta.

Trump let his celebrity worship get in the way of a sensible endorsement. Barnette would've kept things close and is also more MAGA.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2757 on: June 18, 2022, 03:58:52 PM »

I think Oz wins by 4-5 points based on the national environment based on Republican voters holding their noses for him. No poll can convince me otherwise; I'll believe Fetterman winning when I see it. Oz's issues won't matter; all swing voters care about is MUH GAS PRICES!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2758 on: June 19, 2022, 06:31:22 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2022, 06:35:00 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Fetterman is D's 50 the seat after AZ, NV a d NH and then we go to GA, WI, OH and NC D's are tied or leading if Fetterman wins we are guaranteed a D seat that's why Rs are up and arms about PA they're not gonna win 54 Senate seats

Whom watches Dr Oz anyways but Oprah Winfrey fans and most of them are Ds anyway like my females on my family, he is old news by now

Rs act like Judge Judy or Dr Phil or Oprah are running as Rs, the View Sunny, Whoopi, Ana Navarro and Joy already said it's no big deal Oz is running
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2759 on: June 19, 2022, 10:06:49 AM »

we should change the title of this thread. my suggestion would be The Yinzer of Oz
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2760 on: June 19, 2022, 02:26:52 PM »

Not really. Fetterman ran this exact same style of campaign in the primary (albeit with less overt attacks on Lamb) and won with over 60% of the vote. Putting his health aside, it's also 4 and a half months out, when people are barely paying attention.

This reads like more sour grapes from Lamb supporters. Most Fetterman supporters (aside from myself) have moved on. Kenyatta supporters have moved on. Only one candidate 's baseis bitter. Only one candidate's base hasn't moved on. Only one candidate's supporters are concern trolling.

They aren't concerned about Fetterman. They're bitter we rejected their ideology.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2761 on: June 19, 2022, 03:15:43 PM »

You're acting as if Fetterman is only running an online campaign. He's running both.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2762 on: June 19, 2022, 03:25:50 PM »

Not really. Fetterman ran this exact same style of campaign in the primary (albeit with less overt attacks on Lamb) and won with over 60% of the vote. Putting his health aside, it's also 4 and a half months out, when people are barely paying attention.

This reads like more sour grapes from Lamb supporters. Most Fetterman supporters (aside from myself) have moved on. Kenyatta supporters have moved on. Only one candidate 's baseis bitter. Only one candidate's base hasn't moved on. Only one candidate's supporters are concern trolling.

They aren't concerned about Fetterman. They're bitter we rejected their ideology.

Please don’t lump all Lamb supporters together.  Most of us are now (I assume) strongly on board with Fetterman.  It just seems to be a few low-level establishment hacks and internet randos who aren’t accepting the results.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2763 on: June 19, 2022, 04:02:38 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2022, 04:07:11 PM by See How Many People Believe You »

Please don’t lump all Lamb supporters together.  Most of us are now (I assume) strongly on board with Fetterman.  It just seems to be a few low-level establishment hacks and internet randos who aren’t accepting the results.

Yeah I was just about to edit something in to that effect but I was out.

Hell, you and wbrocks were probably the two biggest Lamb defenders during the primary and you two moved on. The neolibs are still coping tho
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2764 on: June 19, 2022, 07:03:54 PM »

Please don’t lump all Lamb supporters together.  Most of us are now (I assume) strongly on board with Fetterman.  It just seems to be a few low-level establishment hacks and internet randos who aren’t accepting the results.

Yeah I was just about to edit something in to that effect but I was out.

Hell, you and wbrocks were probably the two biggest Lamb defenders during the primary and you two moved on. The neolibs are still coping tho

Well, these sorts of things are generally a good test of who is full of it regarding party unity and who means "party unity but only if my person wins."
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2765 on: June 20, 2022, 08:19:52 AM »

I guess Fetterman or Shapiro are running internal Civiqs polls. I've now been polled 4 times for PA races but none of them are public from what I can find.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2766 on: June 20, 2022, 09:04:12 AM »

I guess Fetterman or Shapiro are running internal Civiqs polls. I've now been polled 4 times for PA races but none of them are public from what I can find.

Civiqs is a Republican firm; it’s probably some sort of internal tracking poll for a Republican campaign
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2767 on: June 20, 2022, 09:18:48 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2768 on: June 20, 2022, 10:55:17 AM »

Yoda
United States

« Reply #2769 on: June 20, 2022, 11:13:55 AM »

If nothing else, this race promises to be highly entertaining and to produce some high-quality memes in the process.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2770 on: June 20, 2022, 02:10:38 PM »

I feel like Fetterman would probably roast/destroy Oz in a debate pretty well, but again, how much that actually translates to votes is yet to be seen.

Also canidates twitters is usually only for the election nerds like us.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2771 on: June 20, 2022, 02:47:43 PM »

I feel like Fetterman would probably roast/destroy Oz in a debate pretty well, but again, how much that actually translates to votes is yet to be seen.

The thing is, Oz's twitter/social media seems like a direct extension of him and how he acts on the trail. He comes off seriously out of touch in person, and his social media just kinda proves that. So yes, the debates will be interesting for sure.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2772 on: June 20, 2022, 03:15:45 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2022, 03:20:08 PM by See How Many People Believe You »

I get very, very strong Jeb 2016 vibes from Oz. Fetterman will emasculate him on the debate stage like Trump did Jeb.

Nobody wants to vote for a beta male.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2773 on: June 21, 2022, 03:54:24 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2022, 04:03:07 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

D's are favored in WI, MI, PA anyways from the beginning it's a blue wall Map , just because it's a Midterm doesn't mean it's 2010 all the time or 1994
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2774 on: June 21, 2022, 12:21:11 PM »

This may become a case where Fetterman's odds go up as the environment worsens for Democrats, since the possibility of this seat deciding control of the Senate is really the main thing buoying Oz. I don't see Pennsylvania voters preferring him over Fetterman on a personal level.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies