PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:00:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289663 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2021, 10:49:11 AM »

Fetterman seems relatively moderate on the environment compared to the standard progressive profile. He opposes the GND (while "supporting parts of it"), principally because of objections to an "unrealistic" five-year energy transition and a fracking ban.

Although he has signed the 'No Fossil Fuel Money' pledge, the differences between him and, say, Lamb are more likely to become apparent on issues like healthcare, housing, etc. I suppose environmental policy could become a key fault line between Fetterman and Kenyatta but I don't think they will end up occupying 1st and 2nd place.
Not supporting the green new deal does not make you moderate.

Quite frankly, saving the environment is not a moderate, or conservative, or liberal issue. Had we done Cap-and-Trade 10 years ago, then maybe we wouldn't need the Green New Deal, but your party blocked it and now we need something very ambitious like the GND to save the planet. This isn't a matter of right or left, it's a matter of doing what's right.

I'm so old I remember when cap and trade was the conservative, market based alternative.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »

We talk a lot about the terrible GOP bench in Pennsylvania, which is mostly fair - other than Fitzpatrick, the current Reps. all represent deep red districts and haven't been tested in a competitive environment, and the former Rep has-beens like Costello seem too moderate to make it out of a primary. But do we think Stacy Garrity (newly elected Treasurer) and Timothy DeFoor (newly elected Auditor) could be formidable statewide candidates in the future (maybe not '22 since they just took office). Haven't heard much buzz about them regardless - is it because their wins last year (particularly Garrity's) are seen as flukes / unexpected, and therefore don't really speak to their electoral strength?
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2021, 11:24:54 AM »

We talk a lot about the terrible GOP bench in Pennsylvania, which is mostly fair - other than Fitzpatrick, the current Reps. all represent deep red districts and haven't been tested in a competitive environment, and the former Rep has-beens like Costello seem too moderate to make it out of a primary. But do we think Stacy Garrity (newly elected Treasurer) and Timothy DeFoor (newly elected Auditor) could be formidable statewide candidates in the future (maybe not '22 since they just took office). Haven't heard much buzz about them regardless - is it because their wins last year (particularly Garrity's) are seen as flukes / unexpected, and therefore don't really speak to their electoral strength?

Both could be strong statewide candidates down the road for sure, especially Garrity. I could see one or both taking a shot at the Senate race in 24. Not sure about their ambitions, but especially with 24 being a Presidential election year, it may be a good opportunity to take a shot at Casey.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2021, 08:54:41 AM »

Val Arkoosh is expected to jump in the next few weeks. Not sure she really has a path unless no other women jump in. I wouldn't even say she's that particularly known in Montco.

Sounds like Houlahan, Lamb, Dean, are still mulling. No word on Wild though, so it appears she's not interested.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pa-senate-race-2022-val-arkoosh-fetterman-kenyatta-20210329.html
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2021, 08:57:04 AM »

Both could be strong statewide candidates down the road for sure, especially Garrity. I could see one or both taking a shot at the Senate race in 24. Not sure about their ambitions, but especially with 24 being a Presidential election year, it may be a good opportunity to take a shot at Casey.

I'm still mind boggled at how Garrity even won. When I looked at her social media, she seemed like a Trump quack and I had never even heard of her or seen any ads. Torsella was not as strong as expected, but she was a really weak challenger. At least with Nina Ahmad, there were other factors at play.

It's like Shapiro race - Shapiro won because he's a strong candidate, but also Heather Heidelbaugh was just a terrible candidate as well.

However, there was also a strong 3rd party vote, strangely enough, in all 3 non-prez races, which I still don't understand either.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: March 30, 2021, 09:02:44 AM »

Val Arkoosh is expected to jump in the next few weeks. Not sure she really has a path unless no other women jump in. I wouldn't even say she's that particularly known in Montco.

Sounds like Houlahan, Lamb, Dean, are still mulling. No word on Wild though, so it appears she's not interested.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pa-senate-race-2022-val-arkoosh-fetterman-kenyatta-20210329.html

Actually expected Fetterman's nomination as shoe-in. That said, I still expect him the win the Dem primary with strong support from Gov. Wolf. GE is a pure tossup.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #631 on: March 30, 2021, 09:09:26 AM »

My prediction is that it'll be Fitzpatrick vs. Fetterman, with polls showing a slight Fetterman advantage. Fitzpatrick will then win by 5 points.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #632 on: March 30, 2021, 09:12:27 AM »

My prediction is that it'll be Fitzpatrick vs. Fetterman, with polls showing a slight Fetterman advantage. Fitzpatrick will then win by 5 points.

Fitz would be a formidable opponent, but he isn't getting past a statewide GOP primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #633 on: March 30, 2021, 09:13:43 AM »

We have had no polling from most of these races except the Amy Acton poll, D's if you really want donations why don't you poll the WI Senate race which is much more winnable than OH

Along with Rand Paul silly comment about Minimum wage and wages aren't keeping up with Housing cost, most Are Americans will stay in school, Johnson made a similar comment about Liberal v Conservative rioters and it was Right and KKK that killed CR leadees

PA, WI need to be polled, why didn't they poll the OH Gov race, they know DeWine and Rubio will win
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #634 on: March 30, 2021, 09:48:52 AM »

Actually expected Fetterman's nomination as shoe-in. That said, I still expect him the win the Dem primary with strong support from Gov. Wolf. GE is a pure tossup.

Is Wolf even endorsing?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #635 on: March 30, 2021, 09:52:07 AM »

Is Wolf even endorsing?

I assume he will do so before the primary. Still a long time to go. But he and Fetterman seem to have a good relationship.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: March 30, 2021, 10:01:35 AM »

Is Wolf even endorsing?

Likely not, but the two are inextricably linked. Even if Wolf doesn't publicly endorse anyone, no other candidate in the race will be as close to Wolf as Fetterman is. And he almost certainly won't say a bad word about Fetterman either.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #637 on: March 30, 2021, 11:55:41 AM »

Fetterman is the Fav, due to fact all these candidates are gonna split Philly
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #638 on: March 31, 2021, 05:06:56 AM »

I was clearly wrong about the PA-01 race, but I still don't see Fitz as a strong statewide candidate. His schtick may work in PA-01 (for a number of reasons, including his last name and his apparently weak challengers each time), but not sure that it would work as well for the entire state.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: March 31, 2021, 10:46:46 AM »

Pretty nice troll job from Kenyatta here:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #640 on: March 31, 2021, 11:28:40 AM »

Oof, that's gotta sting.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #641 on: April 01, 2021, 02:58:35 AM »

good news for dems. this splits some more vote away from the kenyatta who would be a mess if nominated.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #642 on: April 01, 2021, 05:16:53 AM »

I have no idea why some of these people are running. Sharif Street and Arkoosh to a lesser extent have no name rec and no chance.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #643 on: April 01, 2021, 07:26:34 AM »

I have no idea why some of these people are running. Sharif Street and Arkoosh to a lesser extent have no name rec and no chance.

Street is at least high profile enough (pretty sure he's Vice Chair of the PA Dems) to mount a darkhorse candidacy where he tries to soak up as much support in Philly as possible. Arkoosh...no idea. Maybe because there are no other high profile women running. I doubt Wild, Houlahan, or Dean ultimately get in but Arkoosh does not have the name rec to win solely off of the fact that she's a woman. If any of those Congresswomen get in, she's toast.

I'm curious to see how Lamb's entrance would split the vote. We already know that Street and Kenyatta are going to split the Philly vote, but if Fetterman and Lamb split the Pittsburgh vote, then all bets are off and anyone could win. I think that probably favors someone like Fetterman who has made it his goal to rack up as much support in the in-between counties as possible, but who knows.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #644 on: April 01, 2021, 08:05:26 AM »

Fetterman Get's an Endorsment.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #645 on: April 01, 2021, 08:38:54 AM »

Fetterman Get's an Endorsment.

Wow, that's...bizarre.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #646 on: April 01, 2021, 08:41:55 AM »

Yeah, Arkoosh really only has a chance if no other women join in. That way, she can consolidate the entire Montco vote at least, and into the other Philly suburbs.

In order of them jumping in though - the likelihood of it, I'd say Houlahan > Dean > Wild. Though I honestly don't think Dean will jump in, she'll have a safe seat regardless. Houlahan is likely safe too, but she definitely always struck me as someone who would be great statewide. Dean is my congresswoman but I worry about her statewide. She's pretty liberal, and she should've worked harder at the last race.

Meanwhile...

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #647 on: April 01, 2021, 09:11:52 AM »

What Republicans are running?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #648 on: April 01, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »

No major ones have announced yet, but Ryan Costello and Guy Reschenthaler are both rumored.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #649 on: April 01, 2021, 09:21:21 AM »

No major ones have announced yet, but Ryan Costello and Guy Reschenthaler are both rumored.

When that's your list of "major" candidates...yeesh.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies