PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:40:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286529 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3300 on: August 15, 2022, 07:35:17 PM »

That ad is so, so, so painfully embarrassing to watch.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3301 on: August 15, 2022, 08:36:20 PM »

The grocery store thing is just so damn funny.  I can't get enough of watching it.

What store are you in Oz?  What store?
No, man, it's $2 a pound!  A head of broccoli isn't $2, what are you doing?
Yeah "not a ton of broccoli" oh gee!
Yeah better have some ASPARAGUS in my veggie platter!
And oh yeah can't forget a solid pound of carrots!
Oh man $10 for all these veggies... a single head of broccoli and a mountain of asparagus and carrots!
And of course you need some guacamole to dip your asparagus into!
And heck, can't forget the shalsha!
Oh no he doesn't even read the right price for the shalsha!
Must be a shortage of shalsha!
Nooo don't say it, don't say it, "and this doesn't include the tequila" ahahahahahahaha
That's outrageous!  And we've got Joe Biden to thank for this.  Womp womp!

it's just so rapid-fire funny.
Pink Panther

« Reply #3302 on: August 15, 2022, 08:49:11 PM »

I wonder if Tom Corbett would have been a better bet at this point, lol. This is extremely embarrassing.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3303 on: August 15, 2022, 09:13:37 PM »

I wonder if Tom Corbett would have been a better bet at this point, lol. This is extremely embarrassing.

Given Corbett's popularity (or lack thereof) during the latter part of his gubernatorial term, I think that he would probably be on track to becoming the Republican version of Ted Strickland if he were the nominee for this office.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3304 on: August 15, 2022, 09:15:27 PM »

lol
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3305 on: August 15, 2022, 09:48:40 PM »

lol

One of Fetterman's biggest strengths is to turn the normally annoying beg for money into a funny gimmick that gets people interested in the campaign.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3306 on: August 15, 2022, 11:34:08 PM »

The grocery store thing is just so damn funny.  I can't get enough of watching it.

What store are you in Oz?  What store?
No, man, it's $2 a pound!  A head of broccoli isn't $2, what are you doing?
Yeah "not a ton of broccoli" oh gee!
Yeah better have some ASPARAGUS in my veggie platter!
And oh yeah can't forget a solid pound of carrots!
Oh man $10 for all these veggies... a single head of broccoli and a mountain of asparagus and carrots!
And of course you need some guacamole to dip your asparagus into!
And heck, can't forget the shalsha!
Oh no he doesn't even read the right price for the shalsha!
Must be a shortage of shalsha!
Nooo don't say it, don't say it, "and this doesn't include the tequila" ahahahahahahaha
That's outrageous!  And we've got Joe Biden to thank for this.  Womp womp!

it's just so rapid-fire funny.

A funny troll by the Fetterman campaign would be to actually try and make a Veggie Platter out of those ingredients and have people serve it at Oz's rally or smtg, possibly even offer it to Oz himself. Broccoli, Asperges, Carrotts, Salsa, and Guac sounds like a really funny combo.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3307 on: August 15, 2022, 11:59:53 PM »

Thought 💭 I'd do some grocery shopping 🛒, I'm at 🤔 Wegner's ❓, and my wife 👰 wants some vegetables 🥬 for a crudité 🇫🇷, all right 👌❓ So, here's 📍 a broccoli 🥦, that's two 2️⃣ bucks 💵, not 🚫 a ton 🏋️ of broccoli 🥦 there; there's an asparagus 🥬, that's four 4️⃣ dollars 💵; yep, carrots 🥕, that's four 4️⃣ more ➕ dollars 💵, that's ten 🔟 dollars 💵 ❗ of vegetables 🥬 there, and then, we 👫 need some, guacamole 🥑, that's four 4️⃣ dollars 💵 more ➕, and, she 💁‍♀️ loves ❤️ salsa 🍅🌶️, yeah 👍, salsa 🍅🌶️ there, SIX 6️⃣ DOLLARS 💵❗❓ Must be a shortage of salsa 🍅🌶️❗ Guys 👨, that's twenty 2️⃣0️⃣ dollars 💵❗ for a crudité 🇫🇷, and this doesn't 🚫 include the tequila 🥃❗ I mean, that's outrageous 😡❗ And we've got Joe Biden 👴🏻 to thank 🙏 for this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3308 on: August 16, 2022, 12:02:12 AM »

Given Fetterman's clear health issues, I kind of wish we had nominated Lamb or Kenyatta.

Either of them would also be destroying Oz, and we wouldn't be running the risk of an incumbent dying halfway through a term and a Governor Mastriano appointing his replacement.

If Fetterman wins, Mastriano ain't winning.  The two outcomes are not independent.

I'll disagree with you, if only because Mastriano is running a competent campaign and Oz isn't even trying to run a competent campaign. Based on that alone, I could see a split decision in Pennsylvania.

He just said at a rally he wants to turn PA into 'Northern Florida'.

If that’s all he wanted to do I’d easily support him as Florida is one of the best states in the country
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3309 on: August 16, 2022, 01:31:04 AM »

Given Fetterman's clear health issues, I kind of wish we had nominated Lamb or Kenyatta.

Either of them would also be destroying Oz, and we wouldn't be running the risk of an incumbent dying halfway through a term and a Governor Mastriano appointing his replacement.

If Fetterman wins, Mastriano ain't winning.  The two outcomes are not independent.

I'll disagree with you, if only because Mastriano is running a competent campaign and Oz isn't even trying to run a competent campaign. Based on that alone, I could see a split decision in Pennsylvania.

If that’s all he wanted to do I’d easily support him as Florida is one of the best states in the country

He also wants to end democracy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3310 on: August 16, 2022, 01:57:41 AM »

Can you please read my posts better next time
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3311 on: August 16, 2022, 03:44:17 AM »

While you may like Florida it doesn't have the best reputation in the rest of the country.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3312 on: August 16, 2022, 06:48:51 AM »

It looks better from your distance.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3313 on: August 16, 2022, 06:58:21 AM »

Imagine wanting to move from a clean, forested state with good healthcare to a sinking swamp full of meth and alligators just because you like the fact that the governor doesn't like teaching about the Holocaust.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3314 on: August 16, 2022, 07:01:40 AM »

You misspelled "worst".
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #3315 on: August 16, 2022, 07:43:19 AM »

While you may like Florida it doesn't have the best reputation in the rest of the country.

While you may resent Florida it does have the best reputation among a wide spectrum of people in my area of the country. Blanket statements don’t work when they’re only based on a few pieces of data
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3316 on: August 16, 2022, 07:49:38 AM »

Laura "Karen" Ingraham is upset with Fetterman wearing a hoodie and insists he shouldn't do that. She is also convinced Oz will close the gap

Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #3317 on: August 16, 2022, 07:50:19 AM »

Imagine wanting to move from a clean, forested state with good healthcare to a sinking swamp full of meth and alligators just because you like the fact that the governor doesn't like teaching about the Holocaust.

Florida has many beautiful qualities (weather, entertainment, laid back culture, diversity of people and sites) without any regard to its politics. It’s not productive to insult people who like it just because you think anybody that wants to move to a new place has atlas brain
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3318 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:14 AM »

That ad is so, so, so painfully embarrassing to watch.

“What would a Democrat plant do differently?” is basically what you can ask in most the major Senate races
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3319 on: August 16, 2022, 07:52:03 AM »

Also, Oz getting so desperate that he's... flying to Wyoming (once again, not in PA!) to beg for money from ... Kevin McCarthy

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3320 on: August 16, 2022, 07:58:02 AM »

Even Wonder Woman is piling on.  Cheesy
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3321 on: August 16, 2022, 08:05:24 AM »

Also, the caveat of 'Twitter is not real life', but in terms of viral videos, the supermarket one beats even the Snooki one by a mile. I think that one got around 3M views... the supermarket one has nearly 10M on Twitter alone (not even counting the official campaign video that Fetterman put out)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3322 on: August 16, 2022, 08:09:11 AM »

Oz, Ryan and Kelly and Evers are lead 49/44 5.5 but there is a gender Gap 55/45 white female and a racial gap 85% of Minority vote, goes to Ds in Secular states you rather be ahead than behind but Casey and Wolf won this state by 9 pts, Brown beat Renacci and Kelly won toi

Casey is on the ballot in 24 and will win by at least 5
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3323 on: August 16, 2022, 10:25:31 AM »

Sadly Oregon used to be like that 4-5 years ago , but it’s rapidly not like that anymore . Anyway you can think Florida is a better state without wanting to move there cause you know there are other factors in why people move.

I would not want to leave behind my family and closest friends to move for example .
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3324 on: August 16, 2022, 10:47:36 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies