Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:07:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 351963 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2625 on: October 29, 2021, 08:06:18 PM »

At least Non Swing Voter admitted shut downs were a mistake in hind sight.

I voted on Sep 17th because the Yougnkin campaign kept contacting me as a potential convert. Probably due to all my social media ranting against lockdowns and closed schools

but underneath all that.. I have always been clearly very pro mask and pro science and pro vaccine.

I was never really big on complete shut downs... But there should have been a strict mask policy the entire time.  And I have no respect for Republicans who refuse to wear masks or get the vaccine like they are Rosa Parks making a political statement, while putting everyone's health at risk.  Disgusting.

Thank you..

and obviously if Northam had shut downs like NY or CA had.. the 2020 results would have been different here. We were more resistent to in the state to covid measures than other Biden +10 or more states.

Nova is pro business.. and downstate is.. well.. Downstate

But demonizing masks and not taking vaccines was beyond disgusting.

I was voter #3 on the first day of early voting in Fairfax County.

There was a shutdown at one point no?  I feel like there was but maybe it was just DC.
swf541

« Reply #2626 on: October 29, 2021, 08:07:16 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

You just hate poor people.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

I prefer a fairly progressive tax with low business taxes.
Solid take here, Im not remotely a fan of high business taxes or sales taxes, but think income taxes should should be significantly higher along obv with ending the capital gains loophole.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2627 on: October 29, 2021, 08:08:33 PM »

At least Non Swing Voter admitted shut downs were a mistake in hind sight.

I voted on Sep 17th because the Yougnkin campaign kept contacting me as a potential convert. Probably due to all my social media ranting against lockdowns and closed schools

but underneath all that.. I have always been clearly very pro mask and pro science and pro vaccine.

I was never really big on complete shut downs... But there should have been a strict mask policy the entire time.  And I have no respect for Republicans who refuse to wear masks or get the vaccine like they are Rosa Parks making a political statement, while putting everyone's health at risk.  Disgusting.

Thank you..

and obviously if Northam had shut downs like NY or CA had.. the 2020 results would have been different here. We were more resistent to in the state to covid measures than other Biden +10 or more states.

Nova is pro business.. and downstate is.. well.. Downstate

But demonizing masks and not taking vaccines was beyond disgusting.

I was voter #3 on the first day of early voting in Fairfax County.

There was a shutdown at one point no?  I feel like there was but maybe it was just DC.

Mild shut down from mid march till late may in Virginia Which there should have been while we were, in theory, supposed to study the virus and plan for logical reopenings.  Which obviously didn't happen.

Last winter you could go to a gym, restaurant, or anything in Fairfax County. That wasn't allowed in most 70% Biden counties nationwide.

DC cancelled zoo lights this year, an out door activity, due to covid. lmao.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2628 on: October 29, 2021, 08:09:11 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

No one cares about your takes either but here we are.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

absolutely pathetic and disgusting.  
The irony of you calling anything pathetic or disgusting after literally being a apologist for a white supremacist false flag...

In what world are you living.. once youngkin wins, your hiatus will be very much welcomed.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2629 on: October 29, 2021, 08:09:45 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

Solid take here, Im not remotely a fan of high business taxes or sales taxes, but think income taxes should should be significantly higher along obv with ending the capital gains loophole.

You could have a 100% tax rate on incomes above 100,000 but it would be useless if there are numerous loop holes or people literally leaving the country or moving their money.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2630 on: October 29, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

The irony of you calling anything pathetic or disgusting after literally being a apologist for a white supremacist false flag...

In what world are you living.

I'm really not going to waste any more of my time on your drivel.  Thanks but ignore you go with the democracy hater!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2631 on: October 29, 2021, 08:11:34 PM »

Jimmie - I am starting to believe your concerns about the GOP rioting in Charlottesville/Richmond 2.0 aren't unfounded after all.  The GOP is definitely worked up over this election.  And when Youngkin loses it's going to be a giant let down because of this false hope.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2632 on: October 29, 2021, 08:12:17 PM »

Summer 2020: You could go to Museums on the Virginia side from Nova to Richmond and everywhere.

DC: Not a chance.

Even to this day, I noticed Nova traffic has recovered significantly.. DC traffic still is quite light compared to pre-pandemic.

There is also far more mask wearing in DC compared to Nova.

There is still some cultural difference.

I still recommend wearing a mask though.  I fear this winter we will have a nasty nasty flu season and we don't need people getting illnesses needlessly.
swf541

« Reply #2633 on: October 29, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »

You could have a 100% tax rate on incomes above 100,000 but it would be useless if there are numerous loop holes or people literally leaving the country or moving their money.

When did I call for a 100% tax rate lol
Im also completely familiar with the laffer curve and agree with it, I just find sales taxes to be inherently regressive and corporate tax to be a poor substitute for proper implementation of personal income taxes over x amount.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2634 on: October 29, 2021, 08:13:01 PM »

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

This is your "take":

I'm really not going to waste any more of my time on your drivel.  Thanks but ignore you go with the democracy hater!

Blocking is "the result of no viable argument".. anyway, you're a complete lunatic who is siding with a organization that has harboured paedophiles and as we know staged white supremacist false flags.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2635 on: October 29, 2021, 08:14:16 PM »

"This user is currently ignored" is a sight for sore eyes.
swf541

« Reply #2636 on: October 29, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »

This is your "take":

Blocking is "the result of no viable argument".. anyway, you're a complete lunatic who is siding with a organization that has harboured paedophiles and as we know staged white supremacist false flags.

I wasnt going to engage but wow this is a take.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2637 on: October 29, 2021, 08:15:58 PM »

Im also completely familiar with the laffer curve and agree with it, I just find sales taxes to be inherently regressive and corporate tax to be a poor substitute for proper implementation of personal income taxes over x amount.

The biggest issues are the capital gains and pass through loopholes.  Those aren't even people "working."  The GOP has done a good job of convincing poor people to hate people making a higher salary because that's easy to quantify for low info voters and democracy haters.  But the reality is the people getting away with it the most are business owners and people just living off their stocks and other assets.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2638 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:12 PM »

This is your "take":

This is rich coming from someone who voted for a President that called white supremacists, "very fine people."
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2639 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:19 PM »

This is your "take":

So you're denying the fact that the Lincoln Project has harboured paedophiles and staged false flags ? I presume you've completely ignored the news cycle surrounding the organization.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2640 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:37 PM »

Anyone want to take a stab at county level benchmarks for the 2021 VA GOV election?

Odd year elections are weird and Gubernatorial Elections even weirder than Federal Elections on many levels, but curious if any of our Atlas Geeks want to take a stab at what we should be looking at election Night when it comes to performance by party?

Not really an expert at all on VA elections, but would be interesting to see, especially since if past is future, rural counties tend to start reporting results earlier and then NOVA dumps last....

OR will NOVA dump EVs early and then give us some idea of how the night might develop as same-day and late EV votes trickle in?

Atlas Hive--- Thoughts???
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2641 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:41 PM »

This is your "take":

LMAO, he's really reaching there.  Wow, this is Q anon level trash.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2642 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:50 PM »

I didn't say you did. I just was using an example.

Sales taxes are regressive yes.. but I would increase them for services but eliminate them for groceries or personal necessities.

Youngkin wants to eliminate the income tax. Another reason I didn't vote for him.
swf541

« Reply #2643 on: October 29, 2021, 08:17:07 PM »

The biggest issues are the capital gains and pass through loopholes.  Those aren't even people "working."  The GOP has done a good job of convincing poor people to hate people making a higher salary because that's easy to quantify for low info voters and democracy haters.  But the reality is the people getting away with it the most are business owners and people just living off their stocks and other assets.

I completely agree, I used to work in a local tax/accounting firm that dealt with a lot of small businesses/contractors and always felt they were getting shafted the worst vs other forms of income which just seems counterproductive.
swf541

« Reply #2644 on: October 29, 2021, 08:18:14 PM »

I didn't say you did. I just was using an example.

Sales taxes are regressive yes.. but I would increase them for services but eliminate them for groceries or personal necessities.

Youngkin wants to eliminate the income tax. Another reason I didn't vote for him.
Got ya, but yea Im just not a personal fan of sales taxes but I can get why they exist/are needed with the current tax system we have.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2645 on: October 29, 2021, 08:18:47 PM »

Anyone want to take a stab at county level benchmarks for the 2021 VA GOV election?

Odd year elections are weird and Gubernatorial Elections even weirder than Federal Elections on many levels, but curious if any of our Atlas Geeks want to take a stab at what we should be looking at election Night when it comes to performance by party?

Not really an expert at all on VA elections, but would be interesting to see, especially since if past is future, rural counties tend to start reporting results earlier and then NOVA dumps last....

OR will NOVA dump EVs early and then give us some idea of how the night might develop as same-day and late EV votes trickle in?

Terry should aim for 67%+ in Fairfax.  65% and it gets dicey.  Under 63% and it's a real problem.

Terry should aim for 58%+ in Loudoun.  He should aim for 60%+ in Prince William.  As long as those numbers hold up he should be fine regardless of what happens downstate (unless black turnout just utterly collapses, which there is no evidence of).
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2646 on: October 29, 2021, 08:19:37 PM »

I'm not sure, but Dave Wasserman at Cook had this a while back:

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2647 on: October 29, 2021, 08:20:05 PM »

I completely agree, I used to work in a local tax/accounting firm that dealt with a lot of small businesses/contractors and always felt they were getting shafted the worst vs other forms of income which just seems counterproductive.

Another thing to point out (to both of you) is that Youngkin is just f***** lying.  On the one hand he says he's going to cut taxes massively.  On the other he says he's going to increase teacher pay, invest more in law enforcement, etc. etc.  Where is that money going to come from?  It's ridiculous.  He's just promising everything to everyone.
swf541

« Reply #2648 on: October 29, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »

Another thing to point out (to both of you) is that Youngkin is just f***** lying.  On the one hand he says he's going to cut taxes massively.  On the other he says he's going to increase teacher pay, invest more in law enforcement, etc. etc.  Where is that money going to come from?  It's ridiculous.  He's just promising everything to everyone.
Yep I've seen his 20k ads lol

Im slowly losing my mind from the constant va governor/ag/lt gov ads I swear the virginia gov election cycle ads sometimes seem more intense then the presidential race ads in terms of the constant tv presence on my channels
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2649 on: October 29, 2021, 08:22:22 PM »

This is your "take":

This is rich coming from someone who voted for a President that called white supremacists, "very fine people."
Provide me with a direct quote that he said directly white supremacists were very fine people.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies