Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:00:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 352588 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2600 on: October 29, 2021, 07:48:36 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

No one cares about your takes either but here we are.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

absolutely pathetic and disgusting. 

no u

Not "no u," you've shown you have no respect for democracy, which tbh knowing you isn't all that surprising. But, it's a wee-bit disturbing that the mask is finally off.

She hates democracy because no one shares her views. 

She hates Virginia because she's not doing well. 

Things haven't gotten "worse" in fact Virginia is wealthier and doing better than ever.  Maybe not for her, but that's nobody's fault but her own.  It's easy to blame "LIBS" for everyones problems rather than face the reality.

nah, I just have no respect for sheltered upper middle class kids that think they have valuable opinions

I'm sure those "upper middle class kids" could care less whether you respect them or not.  You are unhappy with leadership and how things have gotten worse for you.  And you don't even believe in democracy.  So I guess they're doing just fine.

It's always funny when elitists like yourself have no desire to understand why working class people aren't interested in what you have to offer.

You may not be interested in what elitists have to offer, but you do realize that the Democratic Party is the party that is working in Congress right now to create more programs to help the working poor, while the Republican Party is the party of giving tax cuts to big corporations and wealthy donors. If it wasn't scary, I'd find it hilarious how well the Republicans have conned people like you. Youngkin is a multi-millionaire, he doesn't care one bit about people like you, he only cares about his rich business friends.

Get back to me when you've actually spoken to a poor person in real life. Giving a cashier money doesn't count.

How about this, we all put you on ignore and go back to talking about VA politics rather than your personal problems, which none of us asked to hear about.  Take care, hope the Prince William victory turns out!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2601 on: October 29, 2021, 07:48:39 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

no u

ohhh wow, brilliant remark.  I'm shocked that the Dems have complete control given your "takes" and the "takes" of the GOP.  Must be that the election keep getting "stolen."  Pathetic.

Please cite a single post I made that suggests I believe the election was stolen.

Hint: you won't find one.

Please cite a single post where I accuse you personally of saying that.  You seem really mad.  You need to just accept that Dems will be in control of Virginia and it's not going to change.  But I just that's why you believe democracy was a "mistake"

You're literally blowing up because you're butthurt that I said no one cares about your opinions.

I already know the Dems are gonna win lmao. You seem to be super offended that I'd be happy with the unlikely chance of Youngkin winning PWC.

You seem really angry.  I'm not offended by you holding onto hope of something that we all know wont happen.  I'm more offended by the fact that (a) you don't believe in democracy and (b) you attack the "upper middle class" for no reason despite the fact that the UMC's wealth is likely redistributed to you.

I'm not angry at all. I'm laughing at you.

Well gee, laughing at me isn't going to get me to try to understand your problems.  I don't understand why you think we need your vote anyways, when Dems are fully in control even though you didn't vote for them.

says the man panicking and talking down on people who are passionate and getting out there to spread the message on issues they care about
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2602 on: October 29, 2021, 07:50:26 PM »

This is why the GOP can never be in charge of anything again. 
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2603 on: October 29, 2021, 07:50:51 PM »

This is your "take":

no u

Not "no u," you've shown you have no respect for democracy, which tbh knowing you isn't all that surprising. But, it's a wee-bit disturbing that the mask is finally off.

She hates democracy because no one shares her views. 

She hates Virginia because she's not doing well. 

Things haven't gotten "worse" in fact Virginia is wealthier and doing better than ever.  Maybe not for her, but that's nobody's fault but her own.  It's easy to blame "LIBS" for everyones problems rather than face the reality.

nah, I just have no respect for sheltered upper middle class kids that think they have valuable opinions

I'm sure those "upper middle class kids" could care less whether you respect them or not.  You are unhappy with leadership and how things have gotten worse for you.  And you don't even believe in democracy.  So I guess they're doing just fine.

It's always funny when elitists like yourself have no desire to understand why working class people aren't interested in what you have to offer.

You may not be interested in what elitists have to offer, but you do realize that the Democratic Party is the party that is working in Congress right now to create more programs to help the working poor, while the Republican Party is the party of giving tax cuts to big corporations and wealthy donors. If it wasn't scary, I'd find it hilarious how well the Republicans have conned people like you. Youngkin is a multi-millionaire, he doesn't care one bit about people like you, he only cares about his rich business friends.

Get back to me when you've actually spoken to a poor person in real life. Giving a cashier money doesn't count.

That's not really a rebuttal, fwiw. I'm a real live poor person and Democratic policy is objectively better for workers than Republican policy, even if it's not perfect. Their big failure has been getting the numbers to pass major legislation, and that's a failing of America's broken electoral system.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2604 on: October 29, 2021, 07:51:18 PM »

How about this, we all put you on ignore and go back to talking about VA politics rather than your personal problems, which none of us asked to hear about.  Take care, hope the Prince William victory turns out!

As I already said:

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2605 on: October 29, 2021, 07:51:21 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2606 on: October 29, 2021, 07:51:46 PM »

There is more recent precendent for Loudoun voting Republican locally than Prince William.

Look at County level elections in Loudoun in 2019. The DA race was close  and the GOP held several offices handily.

PWC only saw Glenn Hill surive and that was due to Manassas pushing him through.

if there is an upset in Nova, I would pick Manassass.

PWC/Loudoun/Fairfax wont even come close to flipping.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2607 on: October 29, 2021, 07:52:12 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

And I thought the GOP was the party of individual responsibility...
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2608 on: October 29, 2021, 07:52:51 PM »

You just hate poor people.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

I prefer a fairly progressive tax with low business taxes.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2609 on: October 29, 2021, 07:53:07 PM »

There is literally absolutely nothing of value in the last 3 pages of this thread.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2610 on: October 29, 2021, 07:53:55 PM »

There is more recent precendent for Loudoun voting Republican locally than Prince William.

Look at County level elections in Loudoun in 2019. The DA race was close  and the GOP held several offices handily.

PWC only saw Glenn Hill surive and that was due to Manassas pushing him through.

if there is an upset in Nova, I would pick Manassass.

PWC/Loudoun/Fairfax wont even come close to flipping.

These are the demographics of Prince William:

57% white
20% black
20% hispanic
7% asian
Rest = other

Everyone knows it's not flipping.  It's absurd that she'd even suggest it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2611 on: October 29, 2021, 07:54:22 PM »

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

Confiscating all earnings is very different from a progressive tax system, I'm fine with a progressive tax system, but the top marginal rate should be no more than 45-50%.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2612 on: October 29, 2021, 07:54:30 PM »

And I thought the GOP was the party of individual responsibility...

Good thing I am a registered Democrat who votes Democrat more than half the time since I don't believe in that myth.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2613 on: October 29, 2021, 07:54:50 PM »

Small businesses are the worst offenders by getting away with distributions and taking advantage of capital gains tax rates.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2614 on: October 29, 2021, 07:56:04 PM »

Confiscating all earnings is very different from a progressive tax system, I'm fine with a progressive tax system, but the top marginal rate should be no more than 45-50%.

and blue states already pay way more than their fair share.  And cost of living is higher in blue states yet the tax rates are the same for everyone. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2615 on: October 29, 2021, 07:56:34 PM »

Many rich people do not really "earn it", most rich people were born to rich families.

We need a progressive tax system due to the realities of the economy.  Anything over 40 to 45% top rate just has diminishing returns and we would do far better wih closing loop holes.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2616 on: October 29, 2021, 07:56:52 PM »

and blue states already pay way more than their fair share.  And cost of living is higher in blue states yet the tax rates are the same for everyone. 

The answer to this is to bring back the SALT deduction, fortunately it looks like Suozzi is going to save the Democrats from themselves here.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2617 on: October 29, 2021, 07:58:01 PM »

The answer to this is to bring back the SALT deduction, fortunately it looks like Suozzi is going to save the Democrats from themselves here.

Definitely need to do that.  Time for blue states to stop providing welfare to red states that don't want to be part of the country anyway.

What is Suozzi going to do?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2618 on: October 29, 2021, 07:59:44 PM »

This thread was a mistake
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2619 on: October 29, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »

This election is really bringing out the worst in Atlas, huh? Good god.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2620 on: October 29, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »

At least Non Swing Voter admitted shut downs were a mistake in hind sight.

I voted on Sep 17th because the Yougnkin campaign kept contacting me as a potential convert. Probably due to all my social media ranting against lockdowns and closed schools

but underneath all that.. I have always been clearly very pro mask and pro science and pro vaccine.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2621 on: October 29, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »

Good thing so many have vowed to quit the forum if their candidate loses. We all know we can trust Virginians to follow through on their promises to stay off this website.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2622 on: October 29, 2021, 08:02:37 PM »

I voted on Sep 17th because the Yougnkin campaign kept contacting me as a potential convert. Probably due to all my social media ranting against lockdowns and closed schools

but underneath all that.. I have always been clearly very pro mask and pro science and pro vaccine.

I was never really big on complete shut downs... But there should have been a strict mask policy the entire time.  And I have no respect for Republicans who refuse to wear masks or get the vaccine like they are Rosa Parks making a political statement, while putting everyone's health at risk.  Disgusting.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2623 on: October 29, 2021, 08:03:46 PM »

Good thing so many have vowed to quit the forum if their candidate loses. We all know we can trust Virginians to follow through on their promises to stay off this website.

You do realize I've had you on ignore this whole time right?  I know it's you because I see the ignore line.  So I'll just say I am very confident Youngkin wont win and that wont be an issue.  But I don't really trust the non-Virginians to keep their word.  I mean didn't one who posts every day just "retire" a month ago?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2624 on: October 29, 2021, 08:04:56 PM »

I was never really big on complete shut downs... But there should have been a strict mask policy the entire time.  And I have no respect for Republicans who refuse to wear masks or get the vaccine like they are Rosa Parks making a political statement, while putting everyone's health at risk.  Disgusting.

Thank you..

and obviously if Northam had shut downs like NY or CA had.. the 2020 results would have been different here. We were more resistent to in the state to covid measures than other Biden +10 or more states.

Nova is pro business.. and downstate is.. well.. Downstate

But demonizing masks and not taking vaccines was beyond disgusting.

I was voter #3 on the first day of early voting in Fairfax County.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies