Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:05:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 348634 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2450 on: October 29, 2021, 03:16:34 PM »

Wow, a Democratic staffer has made his Twitter private after Twitter sleuths noticed he bears a striking resemblance to one of the tiki torch guys

Alternatively, Trump supporters were sending him death threats so he went on private.
Yes, I agree.  He's been accused of something and is probably getting a lot of heat.  It's pretty reasonable that he'd go private whether or not he did it.

Now he may or may not be the guy in the picture but him going private is not proof of anything because he has reason to do it whether or not he is guilty.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2451 on: October 29, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2452 on: October 29, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »

Youngkin should turn this disgusting episode into a nice final ad.

Did they not have a plan to attack him on any other issue than this?  Was it not obvious from day 1 that Youngkin isn't Corey Stewart or Trump? 

Well, McAuliffe has always reveled in character-assassination-based campaigns because he’s about the last guy who could convincingly make a case for him or plausibly present himself as overly trustworthy, authentic, in touch, relatable, etc.

I do think that the CA Recall has only emboldened their obsession with tying every single Republican to Trump/Trump-era grievances and/or acting like Trump is still in the White House and/or outright employing Trumpian tactics like these. They probably learned all the wrong lessons from that race.

And Democrats did 5.5 points worse in the recall than they did in 2020 meaning that if that same swing was applied to Virginia then they would only start out with a 4.5 point lead in Virginia to begin with . That isn’t even taking into account that Elder was a worse candidate than Youngkin and the state Republican Party brand in California was a huge reason why the party collapsed there as well while in Virginia it was all due to national politics .

What was your CA Recall prediction? 

It was terrible yes but my presidential election prediction was pretty close to accurate(Only got NC wrong)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2453 on: October 29, 2021, 03:18:46 PM »

I agree..

Yes, I think that's right.  Mostly because Youngkin has been obnoxiously spamming our TV's for months.

Ayala probably does the best of the three, followed by Herring and then T-Mac.  But I expect the differences to be fairly minor and I expect all three to win. 
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2454 on: October 29, 2021, 03:20:13 PM »

Wow, a Democratic staffer has made his Twitter private after Twitter sleuths noticed he bears a striking resemblance to one of the tiki torch guys

Alternatively, Trump supporters were sending him death threats so he went on private.
Yes, I agree.  He's been accused of something and is probably getting a lot of heat.  It's pretty reasonable that he'd go private whether or not he did it.

Now he may or may not be the guy in the picture but him going private is not proof of anything because he has reason to do it whether or not he is guilty.

I agree with this. Still though, the fact that he did go private definitely won't sit well with some.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2455 on: October 29, 2021, 03:23:06 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2021, 03:26:20 PM by BigSerg »

Three of the people in this photo have been identified as members of the McAuliffe campaign. The photo was published by Elizabeth Holmes

Duke of York

« Reply #2456 on: October 29, 2021, 03:23:57 PM »

I agree..

Yes, I think that's right.  Mostly because Youngkin has been obnoxiously spamming our TV's for months.

Ayala probably does the best of the three, followed by Herring and then T-Mac.  But I expect the differences to be fairly minor and I expect all three to win. 

quoting this as I hope and pray you are correct.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2457 on: October 29, 2021, 03:24:52 PM »

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2458 on: October 29, 2021, 03:26:51 PM »

I agree..

At least we would have two excellent candidates for governor in 2025...!
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #2459 on: October 29, 2021, 03:28:25 PM »

"Comms strategist. Blunt ('16). Walker ('12-'15). Rand Paul ('13). Perry ('12) Fiorina ('10); former RNC Online Comms Director; Tory; libertarian; Arsenal fan."

this person would not vote for McAuliffe in the first place
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2460 on: October 29, 2021, 03:29:25 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2021, 03:33:21 PM by RoboWop »

[tweet]

I'm not sure this is the young man in the photo and don't support any harassment of him either way, but it's been obvious from the instant these photos were published this was the sort of coordinated dirty political stunt many campaigns do. I have worked on a few campaigns and someone always wants to pull this nonsense, and I'm always opposed.

But holy crap is this particular stunt an extremely distasteful one that was always destined to backfire. The Virginia Democrats are running around with their hair on fire.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2461 on: October 29, 2021, 03:30:48 PM »

LG is kind of meaningless unless the governor has huge scandal or gets sick, or if the state senate is tied (in fairness, a plausible outcome after 2023).  AG is a somewhat valuable office in its own right because an opposite party AG can act to inhibit and constrain a governor.  However, if it's a split decision, the best outcome by far for Dems would be to somehow hold the HoD while losing the governorship.  

On the other hand, Ayala is clearly a better 2025 prospect for governor than Herring, so if they can only have one statewide office, Dems might prefer winning LG while losing everything to winning AG while losing everything else.  Herring is washed up at this point and would not be a viable 2025 candidate.  
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2462 on: October 29, 2021, 03:31:11 PM »

Youngkin: "I think they work for Terry... he’s paying people to show up and act silly at our rallies."
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2463 on: October 29, 2021, 03:31:52 PM »

What an odd situation...This just made an already bizarre election even weirder. I'm confused. Something fishy is going on with this but I'm not quite sure whether the Dems or the GOP look worse with this story.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2464 on: October 29, 2021, 03:34:37 PM »

What an odd situation...This just made an already bizarre election even weirder. I'm confused. Something fishy is going on with this but I'm not quite sure whether the Dems or the GOP look worse with this story.

How could this story possibly make the Republican Party look bad?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2465 on: October 29, 2021, 03:35:15 PM »

This was reported on NBC29, a local news. Again, it appears that Non Swing Voter is blatantly lying.
Adem 45
Rookie

« Reply #2466 on: October 29, 2021, 03:36:20 PM »

NGL I've always thought McAuliffe had this in the bag but now I'm not so sure.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2467 on: October 29, 2021, 03:36:35 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2021, 03:40:03 PM by Chips »

If it's proven that the whole story of Democrats posing is a lie, that could make the GOP seem a lot less trustworthy.

I'm personally at a loss right now as to who's side of the story to believe. I have to wait for more details to make a proper judgement of the situation.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2468 on: October 29, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »

If it's proven that the whole story of Democrats posing is a lie, that could make the GOP seem a lot less trustworthy.

There is absolutely no indication of this
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2469 on: October 29, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »

There is absolutely no indication of this

Maybe, but there's no truly definitive proof that this is a Democratic farce at the moment either.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2470 on: October 29, 2021, 03:41:26 PM »

This was reported on NBC29, a local news. Again, it appears that Non Swing Voter is blatantly lying.

I think it's becoming over blown and even I think it won't change any voters.

Most dems I know think its funny.

-- fairfax resident who thinks youngkin ayala and herring win
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2471 on: October 29, 2021, 03:42:03 PM »

I'm personally at a loss right now as to who's side of the story to believe. I have to wait for more details to make a proper judgement of the situation.
Honestly who even knows. This race has been so f**king bizarre already, it makes Florida elections look chill.
I wouldn’t be surprised by a Youngkin double digit win OR a TMac double digit win at this point.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2472 on: October 29, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »

If we're taking your word for it - NOW it's getting local news coverage.
Have any proof NSV was lying at the time he was posting?
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2473 on: October 29, 2021, 03:45:08 PM »

Honestly who even knows. This race has been so f**king bizarre already, it makes Florida elections look chill.
I wouldn’t be surprised by a Youngkin double digit win OR a TMac double digit win at this point.

Honestly, I said earlier today that I thought the race was fun to follow. After the events of today, I kind of wish for this silly thing to be done and over with now.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2474 on: October 29, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »

4 persons identified
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies