Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 03:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 290667 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3175 on: November 14, 2021, 04:03:03 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2021, 04:08:49 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

It's been 5 yrs since RS cracked the 304 blue wall since 2016 with Gary Johnson and Hillary Clinton, RS haven't cracked it since
2016 Gary Johnson voters were more likely to have Trump as their second choice than Clinton, by a 2:1 margin.

In 2020 however, 2016 Gary Johnson voters who voted for the D or R voted Biden at a 60:40 clip over Trump.

In general you shouldn’t try and predict how third party voters would vote otherwise. Most would probably leave the ballot blank, or stay home. Or those who would vote D/R wouldn’t make a huge difference. 1968 and 1992 (not even 1980 or 1996) are the only two where it conceivably could have made a difference in outcome, but even then it almost assuredly would benefit the EC winner more.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Benghazi Hurt Hillary and immigration hurt her too but media blamed Blk voters for not supporting Hillary and WC voters voted for, it's in the p

Sestak would have helped Hillary won WI and Ron Johnson ran on Brghaxinand in MI she lost narrowly

But, two of those states if Sestak would have beaten Toomey and Feingold would of ran a better campeign she would have won

McGinty was a poor Candidate against Toomey and some D's begged  Obama not to endorse McGonry and endorse Sestak

But, we're not in 2016/ were in 2022/ state by state polling that vaccinated Bear fail to realize show D's winning blue wall states

AZ Sen plus 4
PA Sen Fetterman plus 9
WI Sen tied at 47
NH Hassan was leading everyone bexceot Sununu
GA Sen going to a runoff, he needs to go to red state blog and tell them Trump and Rs are gonna win a landslide

Anyways if Biden wasn't Winning the blue wall he wouldn't be ahead 43/39% against Trump

Other polls don't have Biden at 40% they have him just under 50%

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #3176 on: November 14, 2021, 04:06:28 PM »

It's been 5 yrs since RS cracked the 304 blue wall since 2016 with Gary Johnson and Hillary Clinton, RS haven't cracked it since
2016 Gary Johnson voters were more likely to have Trump as their second choice than Clinton, by a 2:1 margin.

In 2020 however, 2016 Gary Johnson voters who voted for the D or R voted Biden at a 60:40 clip over Trump.

In general you shouldn’t try and predict how third party voters would vote otherwise. Most would probably leave the ballot blank, or stay home. Or those who would vote D/R wouldn’t make a huge difference. 1968 and 1992 (not even 1980 or 1996) are the only two where it conceivably could have made a difference in outcome, but even then it almost assuredly would benefit the EC winner more.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Benghazi Hurt Hillary and immigration hurt her too but media blamed Blk voters for not supporting Hillary and WC voters voted for, it's in the p

Sestak would have helped Hillary won WI and Ron Johnson ran on Brghaxinand in MI she lost narrowly

Wisconsin wasn’t the tipping point. Pennsylvania was. She campaigned there extensively and spent a ton. Even if she wins WI and MI she still loses (and keep in mind NH nearly went R, by a closer margin than any of those three).

Hillary probably wins in 2020 with Covid as a major issue, and Biden loses in 2016 without it.

Sexism is real but Hillary wasn’t a bad candidate. Biden and Hillary are both similar on immigration. He might be to her left.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3177 on: November 14, 2021, 04:45:30 PM »

I really don't get these numbers. You approve policies of this administration, you approve Biden's agenda but why in the hell you disapprove his presidency?

Yup. Dems are just hilariously inept in selling their accomplishments and policies.

FDR did extremely well.  People were concerned about the growth of the role of government, but not if it made life better for them or saved the system. Full-blown Gilded-era plutocracy was no longer available, so people who believed in plutocracy had to choose between the New Deal that staved off revolution, Hitlerism, or Stalinism. The choices are not so stark now. 
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3178 on: November 14, 2021, 04:57:43 PM »

I really don't get these numbers. You approve policies of this administration, you approve Biden's agenda but why in the hell you disapprove his presidency?

Yup. Dems are just hilariously inept in selling their accomplishments and policies.

FDR did extremely well.  People were concerned about the growth of the role of government, but not if it made life better for them or saved the system. Full-blown Gilded-era plutocracy was no longer available, so people who believed in plutocracy had to choose between the New Deal that staved off revolution, Hitlerism, or Stalinism. The choices are not so stark now. 
The electorate was 95% white then. There was no social media, cable television, or talk radio. Remove those changes and Biden does a lot better, too.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3179 on: November 14, 2021, 05:18:56 PM »

The electorate was 95% white then. There was no social media, cable television, or talk radio. Remove those changes and Biden does a lot better, too.

This is so tue

Unfortunately, in the era of social media facts don't matter, which is why 63% in the new WaPo-ABC poll said Biden has accomplished “not very much” or “little or nothing” so far in his presidency despite the fact the he is on currently track to beat both trump and bill Clinton when it comes to Major bills that he has successfully passed
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3180 on: November 14, 2021, 05:25:51 PM »

This is so tue

Unfortunately, in the era of social media facts don't matter, which is why 63% in the new WaPo-ABC poll said Biden has accomplished “not very much” or “little or nothing” so far in his presidency despite the fact the he is on currently track to beat both trump and bill Clinton when it comes to Major bills that he has successfully passed

Public perception and reality are vastly different. The same is true with congress, that has like -70% approval rating and most imcumbents still win reelection.

I also remember reports from Kentucky Trump voters why they voted for him although they depended on Obamacare. All of them said they never expected him to undo the bill, just fix fit. Clearly not what Republicans talked about ever since 2010.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3181 on: November 14, 2021, 05:30:53 PM »

This is so tue

Public perception and reality are vastly different. The same is true with congress, that has like -70% approval rating and most imcumbents still win reelection.

I also remember reports from Kentucky Trump voters why they voted for him although they depended on Obamacare. All of them said they never expected him to undo the bill, just fix fit. Clearly not what Republicans talked about ever since 2010.
Something hurting Biden right now is his approvals *should* be around ten points higher. Now if there is an actual inflation crisis or mini-recession in the next three years, he’ll be punished twice over (even though the economy is doing fine now). I have a lot of issues with Biden, but he shouldn’t be approaching W Bush second term approvals.

Maybe it’s the media. Maybe it’s Sinemanchin. Maybe it’s the Squad. Maybe it’s McConnell. But I don’t think the country is giving Biden a fair shot.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3182 on: November 14, 2021, 05:32:03 PM »

Moreover, Biden is more hated now than Trump was right before the election. Obvs, he still has a lot of time to recover.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/voters/

Ford as well, although still better than Carter and Bush Sr.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3183 on: November 14, 2021, 05:37:20 PM »

At this point if it was Biden and the Dems I would just focus on making sure the overall economy as great as possible by the end of 2022 despite inflation. When I say great I'm talking about having an unemployment rate of 3.5 or even lower

even with that kind of success it still is not enough to overcome the misinformation on social media, but at the very least it will force many in the mainstream Media to begrudgingly acknowledge the fact the economy is doing very well at that point

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3184 on: November 14, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »

What was the lowest Trump got on RCP/538?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3185 on: November 14, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »

What was the lowest Trump got on RCP/538?

On 538 he got 36.6 percent and on RPC he got 37.3
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3186 on: November 14, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »

D panic mode

Dems need to get things together. If Biden can’t deliver, he shouldn’t run in ‘24. Maybe he should resign prior to that. I say that as someone who admires and likes him. But if he’s a detriment to the party’s chances, well then…..

Pete Buttigieg or Kamala Harris would lose much worse then Biden would. Bernie is too old, Biden is pretty much our only chance.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3187 on: November 14, 2021, 09:34:24 PM »

D panic mode

Dems need to get things together. If Biden can’t deliver, he shouldn’t run in ‘24. Maybe he should resign prior to that. I say that as someone who admires and likes him. But if he’s a detriment to the party’s chances, well then…..

Pete Buttigieg or Kamala Harris would lose much worse then Biden would. Bernie is too old, Biden is pretty much our only chance.

I agree

If a boring old guy like biden is seeing numbers like this I can only imagine what it would look for Pete Buttigieg or Kamala Harris were president right now

I don't see how anybody can look at a poll in which 60 percent of the American people claim Biden has not done or passed anything honestly think those same people would turn around and give Harris or Pete Buttigieg more credit if they were president right now lol

If anything it would be far worse because not only would they still not get any credit for their accomplishments they the would also be hit by brutal attacks based on identity politics on social media by the far right.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3188 on: November 14, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »

How about this:

Democrats should drop the outdated centrist wisdom that Democratic candidates should distance from Biden and embrace the BBB agenda and push for police reform/etc to keep the base.

Gary Peters embraced Obama in 2014 and won, a lot of Democrats embraced Clinton in 1998 despite the scandals and over exceeded expectations.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3189 on: November 14, 2021, 10:42:21 PM »

How about this:

Democrats should drop the outdated centrist wisdom that Democratic candidates should distance from Biden and embrace the BBB agenda and push for police reform/etc to keep the base.

Gary Peters embraced Obama in 2014 and won, a lot of Democrats embraced Clinton in 1998 despite the scandals and over exceeded expectations.

You do realize politics ISNT DRIVING THIS ELECTION, COVUD IS, THATS WHY DS COULDNT GET THEIR AMNESTY THRU PARLIAMENTARY BECAUSE THE BORDER CTISIS IS CREATING NEW COVID CASES

BUT ITS A YR BEFORE THE ELECTION ANYWAYS

COVID ISNT OVER BY ANY Stretch OF IMAGINATION, PARTY IN POWER GETS BLANED SINCE COVID ISNT FIX BY THE OPPOSITION JUST LIKE DS BLAMED TRUMPIAN FOR NOT FIXING COVID FAST ENOUGH, BUT Trump suffered more, he didn't have one freaking memorial for COVID VICTIMS and had super spreader rallies
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3190 on: November 15, 2021, 06:06:15 AM »

This is so tue

Agreed. Biden accomplished the highest inflation rate in 31 years and made real incomes sink despite healthy recovery. Who are the people, that say it's "little or nothing"??

At this point if it was Biden and the Dems I would just focus on making sure the overall economy as great as possible by the end of 2022 despite inflation. When I say great I'm talking about having an unemployment rate of 3.5 or even lower

even with that kind of success it still is not enough to overcome the misinformation on social media, but at the very least it will force many in the mainstream Media to begrudgingly acknowledge the fact the economy is doing very well at that point

As I been saying, ironically, Biden/Dems were shooting themselves in the foot, when they fearmongered about covid. IIRC a lot of people indicate "covid" is the reason to not come back. But if you're vaccinated, Covid is literally less dangerous than flue. Haha, what goes around, comes around. Will be fun, if Dems will be annihilated in 2022, because of this (among other things) Angry
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3191 on: November 15, 2021, 07:20:54 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2021, 07:29:49 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

This is so tue

Agreed. Biden accomplished the highest inflation rate in 31 years and made real incomes sink despite healthy recovery. Who are the people, that say it's "little or nothing"??

As I been saying, ironically, Biden/Dems were shooting themselves in the foot, when they fearmongered about covid. IIRC a lot of people indicate "covid" is the reason to not come back. But if you're vaccinated, Covid is literally less dangerous than flue. Haha, what goes around, comes around. Will be fun, if Dems will be annihilated in 2022, because of this (among other things) Angry

You know Ted Cruz is so nervous about Filibuster reform ending in a D Trifecta, after 2022, he is calling on TX to sede if D's pass DC Statehood, if Rs wasn't so worried about 2022 they would leave well enough alone, but anything can change in a yr.  LET TX SEDE IF THEY WANT, DS HAVE NO INTEREST IN KEEPING TX WE ARENT GONNA WIN WITH GOV ABBOTT ANYWAYs

DS ARE LEADING IN EVERY SWING ST POLL  In THE SEN AND COOK HAS NC as a Tossup and OH is winnable with Mandel or Vance they're only tied with Ryan haven't lead in a single poll, neither has Sean Parnell, Laxalt and Brnovich

Inflated food prices alot of poor people including Latinos don't even pay taxes on food stamps

Gas prices mostly middle class or Rich people pays for cars which doesn't hurt their pockets because they can afford it

Who cares about Food prices if you get FOOD STAMPS, THEY GOVE 200 DOLLARS A MONTH PLUS 95.00 THATS 300 TO A SINGLE PERSON AND 600 IF YOU HAVE KIDS, BIDEN UPPED THE FOOD STAMPS PERMANENTLY IN THIS PANDEMIC, You Qualify up to 1488 in Cali for Food stamps, it's a concern inflation but it's not gonna contribute to this landslide for Rs

IT ONLY MATTERS, FOOD PRICES IF YOU EAT OUT IN RESTAURANTS

Lastly R2K polls showed just like ABC polls D's winning the 2010 midterms we were gonna reelect Gov Strickland and have Robin Carnahan and polls aren't gonna matter as I have said many times until Aug 22
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3192 on: November 15, 2021, 08:54:58 AM »

This is so tue

Honestly, reading some of these comments makes me wonder if Donald Trump himself stumbled onto the talkelections fourms after getting kicked off twitter lol

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3193 on: November 15, 2021, 01:45:59 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2021, 01:50:22 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

This is pbower2A Approvals not our blog and doesn't talk that much since Biden Approvals are low, he says Approvals don't matter as much as state by state polls, but still ABC and USA Today polls are not good news for 22 or 24

Biden is also a HYPOCRITE, HE SAYS THAT SINCE THERE ARE JOB SHORTAGES, PEOPLE NEED TO WORK AND FIND JOBS BECAUSE HE Is SPEAKING WITH EMPLOYERS EVERYDAY ABOUT JOB SHORTAGES, so only certain people get more Stimulus checks, if he passed one more for everyone, that's all were asking he would see a Jump in Approval

BUT, WHEN OT COMES TO BBB, OR THE GOVT SHUTDOWN THATS LOOMING HE WONT INVITE Mccarthy or McConnell to negotiate, Rs arent giving a blank check on Debt Ceiling, we had sequester cuts during Obama admin while Biden was VEEP.
NEWS FLASH RS REPRESENT EMPLOYERS

DEC 3 RD IS D DAY AND Ds DONT HAVE A DEAL YET WITH Rs ON Debt CEILING, IF YOU PLAY WITH SSA checks Seniors vote more often in Midterms
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3194 on: November 15, 2021, 01:46:41 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2021, 01:51:55 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Pbower never responds to Vaccinated Bear only we do when he says Rs are gonna have a Red wave

A Govt shutdown and Debt Default is looming Mcconnell gave Ds 8 weeks to attach Debt Ceiling to Spending bill, but Pelosi chastised Rs on the Debt due to tax cuts but she wants a blank check on the Debt Ceiling
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3195 on: November 15, 2021, 03:52:05 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3196 on: November 15, 2021, 04:02:57 PM »

That’s… not bad at all.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3197 on: November 15, 2021, 04:11:11 PM »

That’s… not bad at all.

This is really bad R+1
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3198 on: November 15, 2021, 04:12:37 PM »

That’s… not bad at all.

R+1

I'm confused at what you're trying to get at here. Biden only got 29% of the vote in West Virginia, so a Republican pollster having him outperforming his 2020 vote share in the state is pretty good.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3199 on: November 15, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »

That’s… not bad at all.

R+1

I'm confused at what you're trying to get at here. Biden only got 29% of the vote in West Virginia, so a Republican pollster having him outperforming his 2020 vote share in the state is pretty good.

Dude, the WV electorate is not R+1
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies