Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:59:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 263797 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2575 on: January 05, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »
« edited: January 05, 2021, 03:18:24 PM by Brittain33 »

Temporary lock

Unlocked. This thread is the center of U.S. politics on Atlas for the next several hours at least and people want updates on Georgia. If you feel conversations drifting into Trumpworld, personalities, or other states, fight it and stay on topic.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2576 on: January 05, 2021, 03:17:40 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 03:20:52 PM by roxas11 »

We may not have the exact numbers but it will be blatantly obvious to everyone if 1 million people did not show up to vote today.

you dont have be a math wiz in order to notice that so far turnout is not anyhing like it was during the November presidential election and if that does not change over the next few hours than the GOP is in big trouble.....

Hey roxas! You're totally right, and you're also one of my favorite lefties on this forum! Would you like to get an avatar like all of us? I remember you saying you're from Louisiana (great state imo). We don't have many Louisiana avatars on here, and I think people would pay more attention to your great posts if you had an avatar. It's super easy to make, you just go to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and select your political party and state.

ok so I have finally gotten around to adding the silly avatar I hope everyone is happy now
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2577 on: January 05, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »

We may not have the exact numbers but it will be blatantly obvious to everyone if 1 million people did not show up to vote today.

you dont have be a math wiz in order to notice that so far turnout is not anyhing like it was during the November presidential election and if that does not change over the next few hours than the GOP is in big trouble.....

Hey roxas! You're totally right, and you're also one of my favorite lefties on this forum! Would you like to get an avatar like all of us? I remember you saying you're from Louisiana (great state imo). We don't have many Louisiana avatars on here, and I think people would pay more attention to your great posts if you had an avatar. It's super easy to make, you just go to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and select your political party and state.

ok so I finaly have gotten around to adding the silly avatar I hope everyone is happy now

VARep wins again
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2578 on: January 05, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »

Uh wow

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #2579 on: January 05, 2021, 03:19:56 PM »

My partner and daughter have been last-minute phone banking and have, combined, spoken to three Ossoff/Loeffler voters. One did so because he wants "younger leaders" and "doesn't vote for old people anymore." The other two did not specify.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2580 on: January 05, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »

ok so I have finally gotten around to adding the silly avatar I hope everyone is happy now

No.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2581 on: January 05, 2021, 03:22:21 PM »

My partner and daughter have been last-minute phone banking and have, combined, spoken to three Ossoff/Loeffler voters. One did so because he wants "younger leaders" and "doesn't vote for old people anymore." The other two did not specify.
have you run into any perdue/warnock voters? I phone banked a few weekends ago and I talked to 3 Perdue/Warnock voters and 1 Ossoff/Loeffler voter and this was a day where I did about 100 calls
I don't remember the reasoning for all the Perdue/Warnock voters but one of them wanted a check on Biden and didn't like Ossoff or Loeffler and the Ossoff/Loeffler voter said she was a democrat who couldn't vote for Warnock cause of the camp abuse story and that she wanted a female senator.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #2582 on: January 05, 2021, 03:22:26 PM »

Ah yes, the crucial 1-year age difference between Warnock and Loeffler finally getting the attention it deserves.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2583 on: January 05, 2021, 03:23:30 PM »

It looks really nice! I genuinely think you're underrated btw.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #2584 on: January 05, 2021, 03:26:34 PM »

have you run into any perdue/warnock voters? I phone banked a few weekends ago and I talked to 3 Perdue/Warnock voters and 1 Ossoff/Loeffler voter and this was a day where I did about 100 calls
I don't remember the reasoning for all the Perdue/Warnock voters but one of them wanted a check on Biden and didn't like Ossoff or Loeffler and the Ossoff/Loeffler voter said she was a democrat who couldn't vote for Warnock cause of the camp abuse story and that she wanted a female senator.

Typical Democrat... "I can't vote for Warnock because of a story, but I can vote for a racist because she's a woman"
Omolloy
Rookie
« Reply #2585 on: January 05, 2021, 03:28:40 PM »

I have no idea if this whole thing is a joke or not, but your ability to segue profile avatars into any post is genuinely gold.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2586 on: January 05, 2021, 03:30:10 PM »

Can we please stay on topic? Pages of discussion on avatars is not appropriate for this thread.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2587 on: January 05, 2021, 03:35:46 PM »

Does anyone know what the exact margin was between Trump-Biden at around midnight on election night (both % and number of votes)?
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2588 on: January 05, 2021, 03:39:17 PM »

Does anyone know what the exact margin was between Trump-Biden at around midnight on election night (both % and number of votes)?

Surfie

« Reply #2589 on: January 05, 2021, 03:40:47 PM »

Yes.

Trump: 2,148,319 (53.23%)
Biden: 1,838,377 (45.55%)
Jorgensen: 49,413 (1.22%)

Note: this is also around the time that the needle turned shifted towards Biden.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2590 on: January 05, 2021, 03:40:59 PM »

either Nate Cohn is reading this wrong or something crazy is happening in DeKalb

W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #2591 on: January 05, 2021, 03:42:15 PM »

My hot take is Warnock won't run significantly ahead of Ossoff. Snap, it wouldn't be earth-shattering to me if Ossoff ran ahead of Warnock.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #2592 on: January 05, 2021, 03:43:29 PM »

Can't wait to spend hours watching clueless Republicans unironically whine about Democrats "finding votes" just days after the audio of a 1 hr Trump call is leaked where he literally begs Georgia's SoS to """find""" enough votes for him to win.

You know, because reality wasn't already pathetic before. The writers had to throw in this tidbit to spice it up even more.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2593 on: January 05, 2021, 03:45:12 PM »

Can't wait to spend hours watching clueless Republicans unironically whine about Democrats "finding votes" just days after the audio of a 1 hr Trump call is leaked where he literally begs Georgia's SoS to """find""" enough votes for him to win.

Can't wait? This already happened:

Georgia will find a way to make the counting slow, trust me.
Have to find those extra ballots to put Warnock/Ossoff just over the top.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

« Reply #2594 on: January 05, 2021, 03:46:43 PM »

Yes.

Trump: 2,148,319 (53.23%)
Biden: 1,838,377 (45.55%)
Jorgensen: 49,413 (1.22%)

Note: this is also around the time that the needle turned shifted towards Biden.

Thanks. Too lazy to look it up myself—I'm currently in office hours with my students—although the last kid just left, so I can now start focusing on Georgia (as long as no one else shows up).
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2595 on: January 05, 2021, 03:49:13 PM »

either Nate Cohn is reading this wrong or something crazy is happening in DeKalb

Was looking though the data, 40,000+ seems like a reasonable estimate; though I didn't go out of my way to calculate every precinct
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2596 on: January 05, 2021, 03:49:52 PM »

would it be preposterous for D counties to also have high turnout? weren't they not cannibalizing their E-day voters?

either way, exit polls typically arrive at 5pm EST, dont they?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2597 on: January 05, 2021, 03:51:54 PM »

Betting markets have shifted slightly back to Ossoff

ElectionBettingOdds.com

Ossoff 51.1%
Perdue 48.8%

Warnock 61.5%
Loeffler 38.4%
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2598 on: January 05, 2021, 03:52:14 PM »

Rs have crossed over in Cherokee county to vote D
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2599 on: January 05, 2021, 03:52:56 PM »

would it be preposterous for D counties to also have high turnout? weren't they not cannibalizing their E-day voters?

either way, exit polls typically arrive at 5pm EST, dont they?

Most of what I saw online had Republicans cannibalizing more of their E-day voters during the early vote.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies