Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:46:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 254721 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »

Megathread for Georgia senate seats runoff(s)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »

Democrats need to go all in here
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 12:52:40 PM »

I've already got three voters registered for the Senate runoffs! (Granted, they all turn 18 between now and then, so it's sort of cheating Tongue) But I hope to get an appreciable number of new Dem voters minted between now and then.
Admiral Stockdale
AdmiralStockdale

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »

The amount of money that is going to be spent there...
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »

Do you guys worry that Democrats will nationalize these races too much for their own good, kind of like what happened in ME?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 02:17:28 PM »

Do you guys worry that Democrats will nationalize these races too much for their own good, kind of like what happened in ME?

With the candidates up for election, GA is going to be polarised no matter what.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »

Gotta identify 2,000,000 or more registered voters likely to vote for Ossoff/Warnock and make sure they get to the polls.

And for the love of god never let Qelly Loeffler live down her Q connections. She made her bed and must now lie in it.

anti -Qanon does not seem like a good thing to run on, Joe Rae Perkins is actually running ahead of Trump in metro Portland Tongue.This would just let Loeffler pivot to other stuff. Just attack her for the early stuff about the coronavirus stock stuff.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »

With Georgia as the state in which I do the most work, I'm greatly looking forward to how busy I'll be over the next two months.
I need an explanation
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 04:08:03 PM »

Ds lose both
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 04:12:40 PM »

No
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »

Gotta identify 2,000,000 or more registered voters likely to vote for Ossoff/Warnock and make sure they get to the polls.

And for the love of god never let Qelly Loeffler live down her Q connections. She made her bed and must now lie in it.

anti -Qanon does not seem like a good thing to run on, Joe Rae Perkins is actually running ahead of Trump in metro Portland Tongue.This would just let Loeffler pivot to other stuff. Just attack her for the early stuff about the coronavirus stock stuff.

I doubt it's good for her, seems more likely that it's some stupid #chexnbalances move from Never Trumpers who don't know who she is. I think it might be a wash though.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »

Georgia isn't Maine.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »

Honestly, I think Democrats' chances in the Warnock seat went down a lot the second Perdue slipped under 50%.

Warnock could have made this a straight election of character against Loeffer. But now she might be dragged across the finish line on straight ticket voting.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 04:45:32 PM »

Honestly, I think Democrats' chances in the Warnock seat went down a lot the second Perdue slipped under 50%.

Warnock could have made this a straight election of character against Loeffer. But now she might be dragged across the finish line on straight ticket voting.

There hasn't been a split Senate result since SC 1966.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »

There hasn't been a split Senate result since SC 1966.

Yep, that's my thought. With Perdue at 49.8% in the first round, I have a hard time seeing this not ending with him victorious.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2020, 05:13:42 PM »

I've already got three voters registered for the Senate runoffs! (Granted, they all turn 18 between now and then, so it's sort of cheating Tongue) But I hope to get an appreciable number of new Dem voters minted between now and then.

FF move there
Lognog
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »

considering Biden won the state?

no
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »

GA will go blue and D's will hold a 51/49 Senate and pass the Heroes act after Jan 21, the Heroes Act is dependent on Leader Schumer notv with ex Leader McConnell

It's a shame that Rs don't want Heroes Act passed, that will happen if Rs stay in control
Zache

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 05:19:27 PM »

I can't believe the amount that's gonna end up spent on Jon Ossoff as a candidate.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »

Democratic Chances of winning those 2 Senate Seats went down the moment Joe Biden was declared the Winner in the Presidential Race. Republicans are now likely to be fired up even more especially considering how that Vote Count went in their State.

I'm curious how many 2024 GOP Hopefuls are going to campaign for Perdue and Loeffler the next two months: Cotton, Hawley, Haley, Rubio, DeSantis could all be descending into Georgia.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »

GA will go blue and D's will hold a 51/49 Senate and pass the Heroes act after Jan 21, the Heroes Act is dependent on Leader Schumer notv with ex Leader McConnell

It's a shame that Rs don't want Heroes Act passed, that will happen if Rs stay in control
The Democrats can't get to 51 and here is why:

# 1 They would need to find some MAGIC BOXES in North Carolina to pull Cunningham over the Finish Line.
# 2 In a year where Republicans were able to defend Maine, Montana, Iowa, South Carolina and Texas Senator Dan Sullivan will be reelected in Alaska.

So best case Scenario for Democrats would be a 50-50 Senate Tie and they would need to win both GA-Runoffs to do that.

North Carolina & Alaska will be decided before Georgia Voters head to the Polls on January 5th 2021.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 06:28:49 PM »

Oh Lauren witzke is only like 2 points behind Trump and thats with full qanon not just a very loose connection.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »

Let us have a moment of silence for the poor Georgia voters who will be unable to watch broadcast or basic cable without having every other commercial be a political one until the runoffs are over.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

I doubt it's good for her, seems more likely that it's some stupid #chexnbalances move from Never Trumpers who don't know who she is. I think it might be a wash though.

Yah if you read the voter pamphlet that gets sent out to voters, you would not be able to find out Perkins was Qanon.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »

I don't doubt that most Republican voters are fine with all the QAnon stuff, but "You are endorsing QAnon if you vote for Qelly Loeffler" and "She proudly claims to be the most conservative and most pro-Trump senator" should be winning arguments in a state that just voted for Biden.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies