Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:20:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 264405 times)
tagimaucia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2550 on: January 05, 2021, 02:32:29 PM »

Man, it is way too easy to get carried away and find anecdotal evidence supporting my desired result right now (there are multiple accounts on Charles Bethea's feed of deep blue ATL area precincts claiming even *higher* turnout today than 11/3).

But I imagine if I was on the other side, I could just as easily find information supporting my desired narrative as well.  I should really unplug from twitter until 7pm...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2551 on: January 05, 2021, 02:35:45 PM »

For what it's worth, I had an e-mail exactly like this one appear in my work inbox late last night:

I've talked to a few other Georgia voters who also received this e-mail. (Interestingly, everyone I've talked to received it at their work address.) I don't expect it to make a huge difference if it's directed at Atlanta-area office workers, but anything that depresses election-day Republican turnout is noteworthy.

Wow, welcome back Xahar!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2552 on: January 05, 2021, 02:41:19 PM »

With regard to turnout in my neck of the woods: overall and thus far, nothing amazing. Whitfield County has had a steady rate of turnout (but not what I'd consider to be great for the GOP), with a couple of lines early on at our three largest precincts (Varnell, Pleasant Grove, & Dug Gap).

Similar dynamics seem to exist elsewhere across the Chattanooga DMA. The one exception seems to be Catoosa, which had more consistent lines up through lunch.

If I had to guess, we might end up with 70-75% of the turnout we saw on Election Day in November. Hard to make a definitive guess, though: really depends on how many people pour into the precincts after 5 PM (which in this election, could be very volatile).

(This info comes from local party committee chairs like myself, as well as poll workers/watchers and other volunteers I know: consider it "anecdotal" but not in the vein of random Twitter #analysis)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2553 on: January 05, 2021, 02:43:00 PM »

Was it necessary to specify "women's" ?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2554 on: January 05, 2021, 02:43:10 PM »

I think everyone should be careful with their expectations. That includes expectations of when we’ll know with certainty who won.

I think we know after midnight, Republicans win as any rational predictor would be able to see

Damn it. We have to deal with this all over again?

That’s my thought actually.

We’ve been dreadful at Senate races.

From Nelson to Gideon to Cunningham ... and now Osoff and Warnock
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2555 on: January 05, 2021, 02:43:50 PM »

I think everyone should be careful with their expectations. That includes expectations of when we’ll know with certainty who won.

I think we know after midnight, Republicans win as any rational predictor would be able to see

Damn it. We have to deal with this all over again?

That’s my thought actually.

We’ve been dreadful at Senate races.

From Nelson to Gideon to Cunningham ... and now Osoff and Warnock

Nobody wants to hear about your inability to react to new information (Kennedy not being a God, Biden winning Georgia, etc)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2556 on: January 05, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »

Also, obligatory post:

Here's Griff's patented Election Day Hysteria Generator!

Have fun Smiley

Early reports of [adjective] turnout in [location] suggest [noun] for [party/candidate]
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2557 on: January 05, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2558 on: January 05, 2021, 02:45:46 PM »

Was it necessary to specify "women's" ?

Yes.  Yes it was. 
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2559 on: January 05, 2021, 02:48:33 PM »

We may not have the exact numbers but it will be blatantly obvious to everyone if 1 million people did not show up to vote today.

you dont have be a math wiz in order to notice that so far turnout is not anyhing like it was during the November presidential election and if that does not change over the next few hours than the GOP is in big trouble.....

Hey roxas! You're totally right, and you're also one of my favorite lefties on this forum! Would you like to get an avatar like all of us? I remember you saying you're from Louisiana (great state imo). We don't have many Louisiana avatars on here, and I think people would pay more attention to your great posts if you had an avatar. It's super easy to make, you just go to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and select your political party and state.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2560 on: January 05, 2021, 02:51:27 PM »

Thanks, it felt like time. I don't want to derail this thread too much but it's nice to see you around.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2561 on: January 05, 2021, 02:53:44 PM »

We may not have the exact numbers but it will be blatantly obvious to everyone if 1 million people did not show up to vote today.

you dont have be a math wiz in order to notice that so far turnout is not anyhing like it was during the November presidential election and if that does not change over the next few hours than the GOP is in big trouble.....

Hey roxas! You're totally right, and you're also one of my favorite lefties on this forum! Would you like to get an avatar like all of us? I remember you saying you're from Louisiana (great state imo). We don't have many Louisiana avatars on here, and I think people would pay more attention to your great posts if you had an avatar. It's super easy to make, you just go to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and select your political party and state.

Is there a reason you keep bothering people who don't have avatars?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2562 on: January 05, 2021, 02:54:46 PM »

Tbf I like roxas too but not having an avatar is pretty disturbing.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2563 on: January 05, 2021, 02:55:02 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=422028.0

I'm doing this for our community.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2564 on: January 05, 2021, 02:55:26 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 03:04:21 PM by Del Tachi »

Any more anecdotal turnout reports for us to glean over?

Talked to friends today in DeKalb, Chatham, Athens-Clarke, Bibb, Tift and Catoosa counties.

Savannah, Macon and Athens are apparently anemic; DeKalb ~10 minute wait; the longest lines were apparently in very Republican Tift and Catoosa counties.

All the media reports of low turnout are focusing around Atlanta and other D-leaning cities like Columbus or Augusta; they need to send a CNN crew up to Dalton or Blairsville or something
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #2565 on: January 05, 2021, 02:58:46 PM »

Uh wow

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2566 on: January 05, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »

Uh wow

Very cool, will be fun to quote in about twelve hours.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2567 on: January 05, 2021, 03:02:34 PM »

Uh wow

was that expected?  that seems higher than people thought. 
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2568 on: January 05, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »

Talked to some friends in Inman Park who said they were in and out in five minutes. Will have reports from Stone Mountain and Kennesaw soon.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2569 on: January 05, 2021, 03:04:43 PM »

Atlanta: CRUSH THE REPUBLICANS !!!
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2570 on: January 05, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »

Forumlurker, stop.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2571 on: January 05, 2021, 03:06:51 PM »

Very riveting discussion going on here
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2572 on: January 05, 2021, 03:09:27 PM »

I was on the phone hustling last minute to make sure everyone I know votes and got three family members to commit to vote tomorrow:

One registered in 2018, but has never voted.
The other voted in 2016 and that's it.
One has only voted in presidentials and never in a runoff.

If we win tomorrow, it is going to be so overwhelming.

Nice! What convinced them now?
Just asking them to vote. Full transparency, they are young adults who are very transient when it comes to housing. There's no way that they have ever been canvassed or been in a position to think about an election that intently.

ETA: I told them a few reasons why I'm supporting, but they were mostly sold on the $2k checks and that Ossoff/Warnock are anti-Trump lol.

Obligatory followup...

Did any of them vote tho!!’
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2573 on: January 05, 2021, 03:10:25 PM »

Very riveting discussion going on here
lol.. any election night brings out the best.  Smile
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2574 on: January 05, 2021, 03:14:14 PM »

Any more anecdotal turnout reports for us to glean over?

Talked to friends today in DeKalb, Chatham, Athens-Clarke, Bibb, Tift and Catoosa counties.

Savannah, Macon and Athens are apparently anemic; DeKalb ~10 minute wait; the longest lines were apparently in very Republican Tift and Catoosa counties.

All the media reports of low turnout are focusing around Atlanta and other D-leaning cities like Columbus or Augusta; they need to send a CNN crew up to Dalton or Blairsville or something

We have multiple reports from Dalton, turnout out has been average.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies