2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:18:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 643764 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16275 on: November 07, 2020, 11:51:26 PM »

Not even 12 hours out & the revisionist history of this era already begins to emerge.
Huh

Literally what are you talking about. This has been a standard take for the last four years lmao

It's only been the "standard take" if you haven't been paying attention, like, at all for the last 4 years lmao

Jared Kushner: [Blue states] "are going to suffer & that's their problem."
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16276 on: November 07, 2020, 11:56:26 PM »

For anybody who's interested, I've done my first round of #analysis/maps on what happened in Georgia trend-wise in the Georgia Megathread.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16277 on: November 08, 2020, 12:08:22 AM »

If this is true and Garrett knows his sh**t, I don't see how Trump comes back at this point.

Supposed that 69% of provisional ballots are counted (which is average for previous presidential years), Trump would need to win ~61.34% of the remaining ballots.

Note: this estimate completely ignores uncured ballots.
Panda Express

« Reply #16278 on: November 08, 2020, 12:08:47 AM »

i am curious to see what happens to Trump's approvals now that he's a loser

We don't have much data for what happens to presidents who lose re-election.

But we do know Bush slid in approvals after the election while Obama gained

After the GOP "lost" the midterms in 2018, Trump's approvals took a hit for a couple months
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16279 on: November 08, 2020, 12:12:32 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16280 on: November 08, 2020, 12:20:39 AM »

The calls for unity are just LOL after the hell Democrats tried to put Trump in from day 1 in office.  They never tried to unify the country in the last four years.  Russia Russia Russia

You mean thing Trump's own Justice Department confirmed last Friday?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16281 on: November 08, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »

Maybe Brian Kemp's decision not to listen to Donald Trump (Trump criticised Kemp's early reopening of Georgia, saying it was "too soon") ended up costing Trump the state. It would be hilarious if Trump and other Republicans bring up this point.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16282 on: November 08, 2020, 12:26:57 AM »

Haha I wonder if they show up to the unveiling of his library. Will he even have a library lol?

Would be ironic if a man who has never read a book has a library.

It'll be just tweets

It’ll be like the library in the lumber mill of the fourth Series of Unfortunate Events book (The Miserable Mill) or the Netflix adaptation thereof. The library in the book version has a total of three books. The library in the Netflix version has a library full of the same book, written by the lumber mill owner.

So, anywhere from 3 books, including The Art of the Deal, to a library full of The Art of the Deal.
有爭議嘅領土 of The Figgis Agency
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16283 on: November 08, 2020, 12:32:40 AM »

So I’m reading Biden might actually win the military vote outright?Huh!

WOW if so. The polls showed it but it’s still hard to believe it might actually be happening.

Guess people don’t like being called “suckers and losers” for serving their country. Who would have thought?
It's hard to know for sure, but from a quick scan, nearly all major military counties definitely swung to Biden. 3 even outright flipped. The only ones which didn't swing left that I saw were Honolulu (probably had more to do with the unfortunate AAPI swing for Trump) and Johnson, MO. It seems many of the Johnson voters in the military in 2016 went to Biden this time around.

According to DDHS, it looks like Biden outperformed Hillary by at least 1-2% in every Hawaii County with more than a few dozen voters. Hawaii seems to have swung toward Trump in the sense that 3rd party vote is much lower this year across the board, with more of it going to Trump than Biden. Which also occurred in Clark County, NV.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16284 on: November 08, 2020, 12:42:38 AM »

Mods please ban that troll. Not joking.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #16285 on: November 08, 2020, 12:44:58 AM »

Mods please ban that troll. Not joking.

Seconded.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #16286 on: November 08, 2020, 12:47:14 AM »

https://www.predictit.org/

I swear trump will still be at like 12% on Inauguration Day.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16287 on: November 08, 2020, 01:05:31 AM »

He's been on ignore forever, but thirded so I don't have to see its name when other posters quote it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16288 on: November 08, 2020, 01:08:20 AM »

God, I'm sorry, I love my country:

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16289 on: November 08, 2020, 01:14:52 AM »

Does anyone have a sense of what is going on in AZ?

I can do the number crunching, but I don't have ears on the ground.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16290 on: November 08, 2020, 01:17:22 AM »

God, I'm sorry, I love my country:

It's all going to go back to normal so quickly and it's beautiful to see.

I saw speculation of Biden's cabinet and COVID panel on the news today and was like, my god this feels so normal.  I'm excited to see who he picks and optimistic that they'll get the job done and make my life better.

I never felt that way about the Trump administration.  It was always either dread or mockery -- what morons is he going to pick?  If he picks competent people, how will he screw them over and undermine them?  What damage are they going to try and do?

And then it hit me, Trump isn't relevant at all anymore.  We're not talking about the next awful thing Trump is doing to do to mismanage this crisis.  We're not talking about the next dastardly plan Trump has to make America worse.  We're talking about a normal president with normal people who genuinely want to make things better.  And that's such a relief, it's a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16291 on: November 08, 2020, 01:53:22 AM »

AZ down to 18k. Whole narrative changes soon when it flips

STFU troll child
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16292 on: November 08, 2020, 01:56:56 AM »

Is anyone else tired of SN2903 spamming by posting the same thing (with slightly different words) over and over again?

Most of his recent posts are one of the three: (1) Trump will win [state name], (2) SCOTUS will overturn the results, and (3) Allegations of voter fraud are everywhere.

Is it too much to ask that he put some thoughts into his posts?

Atlas is a bit of a Democratic echo chamber and I hate the thought of losing Republican/right leaning users, but SN2903 isn't really contributing much to the conversation.

Do what I've been doing and hit the report button. Conceivably, the mods will get a clue and mute him again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16293 on: November 08, 2020, 01:59:38 AM »

Not even 12 hours out & the revisionist history of this era already begins to emerge.
Huh

Literally what are you talking about. This has been a standard take for the last four years lmao

It's a take based on literally nothing of substance

https://www.google.com/search?q=John+Oliver+Ivanka+and+Jared&oq=John+Oliver+Ivanka+and+Jared&aqs=chrome..69i57.2775j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16294 on: November 08, 2020, 02:05:07 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2020, 02:15:13 AM by Blairite »

And then it hit me, Trump isn't relevant at all anymore.  We're not talking about the next awful thing Trump is doing to do to mismanage this crisis.  We're not talking about the next dastardly plan Trump has to make America worse.  We're talking about a normal president with normal people who genuinely want to make things better.  And that's such a relief, it's a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

For real. It really hit me during the Biden and Harris speeches tonight, realizing that the two year long campaign was over. There aren't going to be any more events. Voting is done. Rallies are done. Conventions are done. Demographic punditing is done. Uncertainty is done. This election is over and it's crazy to think about considering it has essentially defined my life since 2018.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16295 on: November 08, 2020, 02:15:46 AM »

The calls for unity are just LOL after the hell Democrats tried to put Trump in from day 1 in office.  They never tried to unify the country in the last four years.  Russia Russia Russia

You mean thing Trump's own Justice Department confirmed last Friday?

Don't confuse Buzz with facts. They strain his already addled mind.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16296 on: November 08, 2020, 02:28:27 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2020, 02:40:08 AM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

Slightly off topic, but has Jill Biden indicated what her platform as FLOTUS is going to be?

Laura Bush was childhood literacy, Michelle Obama was healthy eating and reducing obesity, and Melania's is reducing cyberbullying, however ironic that is.

Also, Biden now up 10K in Georgia. Pretty much over there.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16297 on: November 08, 2020, 02:55:36 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2020, 11:27:44 AM by brucejoel99 »

Slightly off topic, but has Jill Biden indicated what her platform as FLOTUS is going to be?

Laura Bush was childhood literacy, Michelle Obama was healthy eating and reducing obesity, and Melania's is reducing cyberbullying, however ironic that is.

She'll probably make her platform something about education, given that she plans to continue working full-time as a teacher even as First Lady &, when she announced she'd continue to do so, she said it's "important" to continue teaching because "(she) want(s) people to value teachers and know their contributions, and lift up the profession."
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #16298 on: November 08, 2020, 02:58:51 AM »

Anyone know what order ballots are counted in in Iowa? If mail is counted after Election Day, it's possible that Jefferson could flip and become the state's sole Obama-Trump-Biden county.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16299 on: November 08, 2020, 03:19:33 AM »

A small batch of votes just dropped in Georgia. Joe Biden is now over 10,000 votes ahead. A recount is notably unlikely to flip Georgia at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies