2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:25:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 651227 times)
charcuterie

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13850 on: November 06, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »

I thought PA would be the call but if AZ looks really good for Biden and then NV gets called after the next dump...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13851 on: November 06, 2020, 10:54:37 AM »

I hope the new AZ numbers seal the deal for Biden, we're on Day 4 and we all know what's going to happen, I just want to get it over with...
I was assuming that they were waiting an official Biden lead in PA to call. Now that that's up I have no idea what they are doing

Probably waiting until PA is outside the recount margin (0.5%) to call it.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #13852 on: November 06, 2020, 10:54:47 AM »

GA Sos: 4K+ absentees left, 3500 from Gwinnett.

Absentee, Americans overseas, are usually heavily Dem? But military ballots may be more R-leaning. It will be very tight.

They should only be military votes that arrived after Tuesday. pre-election day military votes were counted already with the rest of the mail-in ballots. This was shared earlier in the thread and I can't find it anymore, unfortunately, but I think it was from someone credible.

That was me who shared it.  Yeah, the word is that the military ballots aren't all arriving as one big drop.  Rather, these will primarily be the late batch, so they may be few in number.  
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13853 on: November 06, 2020, 10:55:22 AM »

PredictIt suddenly got very bullish on Biden and his margin of victory in Arizona, for what it's worth. They almost always skew right so when they bounce left it always catches my attention.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13854 on: November 06, 2020, 10:55:45 AM »

I hope the new AZ numbers seal the deal for Biden, we're on Day 4 and we all know what's going to happen, I just want to get it over with...
I was assuming that they were waiting an official Biden lead in PA to call. Now that that's up I have no idea what they are doing

Probably waiting until PA is outside the recount margin (0.5%) to call it.

Probably, but nightmare scenario is they prioritize ratings uber alles and drag us into next week because of magical phantom ballots that could conceivably help Trump or something.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #13855 on: November 06, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »

By the way ...
What happened to our blue-avatar friends that were so enthusiastic about consistently posting in this thread yesterday?

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

Tbf, Buzz has been a pretty fantastic poster this cycle (just Trumpy) and Sergi has had a good sense of humor in this thread.  
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #13856 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »

The AP should call PA and NV. come on.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13857 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »

By the way ...
What happened to our blue-avatar friends that were so enthusiastic about consistently posting in this thread yesterday?

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

Ljube and that secular globalist dude.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #13858 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:40 AM »

By the way ...

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

JK Rowling (aka Party Adviser)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13859 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:59 AM »

Absentee, Americans overseas, are usually heavily Dem? But military ballots may be more R-leaning. It will be very tight.

They should only be military votes that arrived after Tuesday. pre-election day military votes were counted already with the rest of the mail-in ballots. This was shared earlier in the thread and I can't find it anymore, unfortunately, but I think it was from someone credible.

That was me who shared it.  Yeah, the word is that the military ballots aren't all arriving as one big drop.  Rather, these will primarily be the late batch, so they may be few in number.  

I would imagine the number of military ballots that were mailed in after Tuesday is small enough to not allow either candidate to net many votes from, even if they perform better than expected.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13860 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:06 AM »

Soldiers probably doesn't even like Trump.

Russian put bounties on US troops and Trump blew it off.
Omega21

« Reply #13861 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:13 AM »

By the way ...

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

Buzz congratulated Biden already last night and Jesica said something along the lines of Trump is insane if he doesn't respect the democratic will of the people

Most people already know the outcome already I assume
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13862 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »

Maricopa County, AZ will have 2 major vote dumps today.

One in 2 minutes, the other at 7pm local time.

Maybe 50k in each.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #13863 on: November 06, 2020, 10:58:27 AM »

Maricopa County, AZ will have 2 major vote dumps today.

One in 2 minutes, the other at 7pm local time.

Maybe 50k in each.

Do we think these will be favorable to Tipirneni?
CityByTheValley
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -4.96

« Reply #13864 on: November 06, 2020, 10:58:31 AM »

Overall, fantastic performance in the suburbs with historic margins in places like Douglas, Delaware, Hamilton, Collin, and Placer. Concerning is the performance in places like Muskegon, Mahoning, Lorain, as well as Zapata and Scotland which actually FLIPPED from Clinton to Trump. A decisive tradeoff but one that doesn't have a clear outcome just yet.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13865 on: November 06, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »

By the way ...

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

Tbf, Buzz has been a pretty fantastic poster this cycle (just Trumpy) and Sergi has had a good sense of humor in this thread.  

Yeah Buzz is fine, and seems like a very reasonable person even if I disagree with him on some political stuff. Throwing him onto the same list as SN and Woodbury definately isn't a fair thing to do. Jessica has also become a pretty good and reasonable poster too
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13866 on: November 06, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »

Please, for the mental health of our country will they just please call this election before the weekend. If we don't get a general consensus of course - - by the close of business this is going to be interminable.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13867 on: November 06, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »

My guess is the next Maricopa drop will skew Trump but only by mid or low double digits
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #13868 on: November 06, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 11:04:30 AM by Crumpets »

Chuck Todd says NBC may call Pennsylvania today and that they are at "over 90% confidence of a Biden win, but we're waiting for at least 99.5%."

EDIT: I originally wrote 95% for the last number. He actually said 99.5%.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #13869 on: November 06, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »

By the way ...

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

Yeah Buzz is fine, and seems like a very reasonable person even if I disagree with him on some political stuff. Throwing him onto the same list as SN and Woodbury definately isn't a fair thing to do. Jessica has also become a pretty good and reasonable poster too

I'd forgotten about Jessica (sorry, girl).  She's uber-conservative, but that's okay! Props to her for rebuking Trump last night.  
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13870 on: November 06, 2020, 11:00:55 AM »

Chuck Todd says NBC may call Pennsylvania today and that they are at "over 90% confidence of a Biden win, but we're waiting for at least 95%."

"May" Jesus effing Christ. End this thing.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13871 on: November 06, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »

Please, for the mental health of our country will they just please call this election before the weekend. If we don't get a general consensus of course - - by the close of business this is going to be interminable.

Maybe they're just waiting for the evening news to do it or something. Better ratings and all.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #13872 on: November 06, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »

By the way ...

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

I agree, Buzz shouldn't be on the same list with Woodbury.  Buzz is a decent poster, even if some of his posts infuriate me sometimes.  It's a different kind of infuriate than is produced by some of the trolls.  Even Jessica has said the race is over, and Trump should concede.

But I think the reason they're not around is because, well, Trump lost.  If Biden had lost, I'd probably exit this forum for a bit too.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13873 on: November 06, 2020, 11:01:30 AM »

My guess is the next Maricopa drop will skew Trump but only by mid or low double digits

They will undoubtedly have a Trump lead of some sort. Just depends on margin
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13874 on: November 06, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »

By the way ...

Jessica
SirWood
SN
Buzz
7sergi9

Who else am I missing?

Me, probably Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies