2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:56:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 640103 times)
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13150 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:44 AM »

Put me at ease: I fear Biden will come up short in the remaining states.

Does it appear to be likely that will happen?
No. He'll take the lead in GA and PA tonight.

Philly is taking forever to count the votes. This BS doesn't help speed things up.

https://6abc.com/pennsylvania-convention-center-attack-plot-pa-election-2020/7689932/

It is sad to see both sides(both being the thugs in the BLM and assholes on the right wanting to kill and kidnap) taking part in violence. People need to freaking stop and learn to reason again.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #13151 on: November 06, 2020, 02:58:24 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 03:33:05 AM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

I was just about to head off to bed, but then I saw that Georgia margin. Now I can't rest until it turns blue for the first time in my lifetime
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13152 on: November 06, 2020, 03:00:01 AM »

Biden just gained 602 votes in GA. The margin is now just 665 in Georgia.

Blue Georgia was once the stuff of dreams.

But now it’s reality.

Global warming Sad

Georgia is sinking and I don't want to swim. 
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #13153 on: November 06, 2020, 03:03:34 AM »

Irrespective of who wins or loses Georgia, Trump performed better virtually everywhere than the Republicans did in 2018, yet Brian Kamp won the governorship in Georgia by 53,000 votes.  I think this provides even more evidence that Brian Kamp stole the governorship.

That was with a midterm electorate and this is with a general election electorate. In a state like Georgia with a strong age divide, that will benefit the Republicans over the Democrats. Also why Republicans do better in the runoffs.

Totally disagree.  2018 was a semi-wave Democratic cycle.

I don't think the electorate in Georgia swings as much as in other places. Demographics and who turned out and who didn't are much more important.

I don't want to say the e-word, but it is definitely true that Georgia is less elastic than most other states. If Democrats manage to keep Atlanta-area white suburbanites in their column (possible, but not a given) and Georgia continues to get more demographically favorable (likely), Georgia could become a Titanium Tilt D state that votes Democratic by low single digits in every statewide election.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13154 on: November 06, 2020, 03:04:45 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 03:08:21 AM by Frank »

Irrespective of who wins or loses Georgia, Trump performed better virtually everywhere than the Republicans did in 2018, yet Brian Kamp won the governorship in Georgia by 53,000 votes.  I think this provides even more evidence that Brian Kamp stole the governorship.

That was with a midterm electorate and this is with a general election electorate. In a state like Georgia with a strong age divide, that will benefit the Republicans over the Democrats. Also why Republicans do better in the runoffs.

Totally disagree.  2018 was a semi-wave Democratic cycle.

I don't think the electorate in Georgia swings as much as in other places. Demographics and who turned out and who didn't are much more important.

I don't want to say the e-word, but it is definitely true that Georgia is less elastic than most other states. If Democrats manage to keep Atlanta-area white suburbanites in their column (possible, but not a given) and Georgia continues to get more demographically favorable (likely), Georgia could become a Titanium Tilt D state that votes Democratic by low single digits in every statewide election.

Heh, maybe by then though all the black working class voters will be Republican.

I'm not trying to be facetious here. There will obviously be a major battle for the direction of the Republican Party wherein one faction argues that the Republican Party should become a multi racial party of the working class.  I personally don't see how they get from here to there given the history and present makeup of the Republican Party, but it's something to watch for.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #13155 on: November 06, 2020, 03:05:16 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 03:27:55 AM by Meclazine »

As requested, now including NC, AK. I took them out because they never change. The staff have taken annual leave at the NV and AK offices for some reason. (they only had one job on one day of the year)

WI - Biden WINS by > 20,000 (98% counted)

MI - Biden WINS by > 100,000 (98% counted)

AZ - Biden up by 46,667 (90% counted)

Of the remaining ~340,000 votes to be counted, Biden only needs to win 146,500 of them - (43.0%)

NV - Biden up by 11,438 (89% counted)

Of the remaining ~151,000 votes to be counted, Biden only needs to win 70,000 of them - (46.2%)

GA - Biden down by 665 (>99% counted)

Of the remaining ~21,000 votes to be counted, Biden only needs to win 10,833 of them - (51.6%)

PA - Biden down by 18,229 (95% counted)

Of the remaining ~270,000 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win ~144,115 of them - (53.4%)

AK - Biden down by 51,382 (56% counted)

Of the remaining ~135,000 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win ~93,500 of them - (69.0%)

NC - Biden down by 76,737 (95% counted)

Of the remaining ~287,000 votes to be counted, Biden needs to win ~182,000 of them - (63.4%)

The ratios of late votes coming in the last 4 hours:

AZ (Biden : Trump =  53.0%)
GA (Biden : Trump =  62.8%)
PA (Biden : Trump =  80.0%)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13156 on: November 06, 2020, 03:05:47 AM »

Regarding the runoff, so far something that has seemed true in the age of Trump is that Democrats perform better almost everywhere in off-year elections than in presidential elections. We'll see how that goes with Trump defeated.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13157 on: November 06, 2020, 03:06:34 AM »

The GA GOP's best bet is basically draw some legislative gerrymander that holds the decade which should be easy, Maine Rule the state for presidential stuff and then just pray the GOP makes legitimate gains with black voters before 2032.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13158 on: November 06, 2020, 03:07:19 AM »

Recounnts don't usually change calls aside from 2000, right?

The recount didn't actually change anything in 2000. But anyway, a recount will change a few hundred votes at most. More significant changes could conceivably come from legal challenges that could get votes thrown out or include votes that were initially thrown out.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #13159 on: November 06, 2020, 03:08:42 AM »

Philly is taking forever to count the votes. This BS doesn't help speed things up.

https://6abc.com/pennsylvania-convention-center-attack-plot-pa-election-2020/7689932/

It is sad to see both sides(both being the thugs in the BLM and assholes on the right wanting to kill and kidnap) taking part in violence. People need to freaking stop and learn to reason again.

look say what you will About BLM
but there is big difference between that and Right wing groups trying to literally kidnap and kill people

The FBI stopping a plot to kill the governor of Michigan goes far beyond any craziness I have ever saw From BLM or even antifa

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13160 on: November 06, 2020, 03:09:19 AM »

The recount didn't actually change anything in 2000. But anyway, a recount will change a few hundred votes at most. More significant changes could conceivably come from legal challenges that could get votes thrown out or include votes that were initially thrown out.

The Democrats also won the Washington State governorship in 2004 after a recount (actually 2 recounts.)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13161 on: November 06, 2020, 03:13:00 AM »

but there is big difference between that and Right wing groups trying to literally kidnap and kill people

The FBI stopping a plot to kill the governor of Michigan goes far beyond any craziness I have ever saw From BLM or even antifa

They weren't right wing. They supported BLM. They were just crazy nutjobs.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #13162 on: November 06, 2020, 03:14:22 AM »

Trump's lead down to 665 in Georgia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/nov/05/us-election-2020-live-results-donald-trump-joe-biden-presidential-votes-arizona-nevada-pennsylvania-georgia
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #13163 on: November 06, 2020, 03:15:31 AM »

The GA GOP's best bet is basically draw some legislative gerrymander that holds the decade which should be easy, Maine Rule the state for presidential stuff and then just pray the GOP makes legitimate gains with black voters before 2032.

Tbh, this sounds so f**ked up.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #13164 on: November 06, 2020, 03:16:58 AM »

The Democrats also won the Washington State governorship in 2004 after a recount (actually 2 recounts.)

That was a really weird one.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #13165 on: November 06, 2020, 03:18:16 AM »

No, it doesn’t. Just ask Fuzzy. Smdh.  Unamused
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13166 on: November 06, 2020, 03:19:40 AM »

some just do not want to cope
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13167 on: November 06, 2020, 03:21:08 AM »

Regarding Arizona---

Several posters earlier in the Night have been posting updates and % of vote returned by CD within Maricopa County AZ.

I did a bit of work on AZ CD-08 SE back in the days...

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=287204.msg6135267#msg6135267

So here's a bit of compare /contrast that I did from the Cities of Maricopa County from '12 > '16

Make of that what you will, but suspect that Maricopa County outstanding ballots will flip back and increase Biden numbers once we start getting counted the Absentees and Provisionals fully....
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13168 on: November 06, 2020, 03:22:19 AM »

I think 70% of Trump supporters are at Stage 1, with 30% at Stage 2 in the stages of grief.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13169 on: November 06, 2020, 03:23:18 AM »

I really think the AP would've retracted their Arizona call at this point if they believed it was going to come down to a couple thousand votes either way.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13170 on: November 06, 2020, 03:23:46 AM »

The Donald went down to Georgia

He was looking for an election to steal

He was in a bind because he was way behind

He was willing to make a deal

When he came across this old man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot

And the Donald jumped upon a hickory stump and said "Boy, let me tell you what."

"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player, too

And if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you

Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the Donald his due

I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your vote 'cause I think I'm better than you."

The man said, "My name's Jimmy, and it might be a sin

But I'll take your bet, and you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been."
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13171 on: November 06, 2020, 03:25:20 AM »

I think 70% of Trump supporters are at Stage 1, with 30% at Stage 2 in the stages of grief.

Denial and Anger, for those who don't know.

Next is Bargaining, then Depression, then Acceptance, which only a small handful of Trump supporters will reach.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #13172 on: November 06, 2020, 03:26:02 AM »

They weren't right wing. They supported BLM. They were just crazy nutjobs.

wrong

Seven of them were linked to the Wolverine Watchmen militia

now it maybe true that some of them did have some liberal opinions but make not mistake this was a right wing group
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #13173 on: November 06, 2020, 03:26:56 AM »

This might be Jimmy Carter's last election. Watching Ga go blue for him is quite something
philly09

« Reply #13174 on: November 06, 2020, 03:27:59 AM »

This might be Jimmy Carter's last election. Watching Ga go blue for him is quite something

Yep, a nice bookend to what happened 40 years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies