2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 643761 times)
musicblind
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13000 on: November 06, 2020, 12:51:41 AM »

Newsflash: Trump is losing every uncalled state besides Alaska.

You're forgetting NC, right?

Biden is going to win NC. Ballots have until the 12th to arrive.

I wish you were right. I can see a world where he wins NV, AZ, GA, and PA... but not one where he wins NC. Just my opinion.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #13001 on: November 06, 2020, 12:51:52 AM »

I didn't predict House races, but assuming that the favorites win all uncalled races (and that the GOP wins the January GA runoffs), I will only miss GA-PRES and ME-SEN this year.  Not bad.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #13002 on: November 06, 2020, 12:52:08 AM »

NC is potentially doable for Biden (although perhaps a bit of a stretch).

There are over 2x votes outstanding compared to the size of the Trump lead....

Most of these are in the heavily DEM strongholds so a 2:1 Biden lead could do it (Even w/o late arriving ballot anticipated lawsuits).

Figure you already know that being a DEM from NC, but figured I would put it out there for those who haven't been tracking, and I had a few people ask me why I didn't consider NC to be a lock for Trump in the early Morning hours after Election Night.   Wink
On Nytimes, most of the blue areas only 90% counting, instead of 99% just wondering whats that about
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13003 on: November 06, 2020, 12:52:20 AM »

Shhhhh...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13004 on: November 06, 2020, 12:53:38 AM »

Most of these are in the heavily DEM strongholds so a 2:1 Biden lead could do it (Even w/o late arriving ballot anticipated lawsuits).

Figure you already know that being a DEM from NC, but figured I would put it out there for those who haven't been tracking, and I had a few people ask me why I didn't consider NC to be a lock for Trump in the early Morning hours after Election Night.   Wink
On Nytimes, most of the blue areas only 90% counting, instead of 99% just wondering whats that about

Wake, Orange, and Mecklenburg say hello... Wink
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #13005 on: November 06, 2020, 12:54:59 AM »

Wake, Orange, and Mecklenburg say hello... Wink
does that include mailins, ed votes or early in person? I have no idea what to make of it
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #13006 on: November 06, 2020, 12:55:51 AM »

Imagine calling SN a hack after what has been posted on the forum the last 8 months about this election.  The hypocrisy is strong.  Y'all thought Biden was about to win 413 EV, so GTFO!

People aren't calling him a hack because he thought his party would win. They're calling him a hack because he's calling for a coup that will destroy the United States. He and anyone who supports that is a terrorist as repulsive and evil as the men behind 9-11. He's a disgusting, pathetic, awful person.
WTF are you talking about? Saying Trump has a chance is calling for a cout? It's not over yet.
Cheering for the SC to declare your man President by fiat is calling for coup.
No I literally said if there is evidence of fraud I hope they overturn it and call for a new election or something. I never said I want them to just declare him President. Are you serious?
No, you said that the SC is going to invalidate Pennsylvania and where quite cheery about the prospect of shoving it everyone’s face IIRC and when pressed for further comment went for ‘because PA changed election procedures in an election year so we should throw out a bunch of ballots’. That changing the rules again after people have voted in order to invalidate ballots that they had no reason to believe were improperly cast offends both the Purcell principle and basic democratic legitimacy didn’t enter your mind.

Look, now that the conspiracy theories are circling I don’t doubt you sincerely believe them or that you haven’t been primed to suspect them. Hell, I was worried about the alleged missing postal ballots until it was debunked. But here is the thing, authoritarians always rely on the support of people who believe that the wolves are at the door, whether it’s shadowy conspirators or godless mobs, and they need to be stopped by any means necessary. It’s why ‘emergency powers’ and ‘dictatorship’ are nearly synonymous.
There is no hard evidence that ballots are manufactured and an even cursory look at the American elections process shows that doing so is nearly impossible. Furthermore voter impersonation is basically non-existent and measures to stop the same are so extensive that they likely block more legitimate votes than people that would even attempt to do so.
I would advise you to consider which sources of information you trust and, perhaps, why you are so eager to trust them.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #13007 on: November 06, 2020, 12:56:00 AM »

It's not impossible, but it would take a near miracle. Trust, I wish it would happen, and I'm not a concern troll, but I just don't see NC happening. Not this time.
gf20202
« Reply #13008 on: November 06, 2020, 12:56:42 AM »

DDHQ just had a new drop of Arizona votes, probably not from Maricopa.

Drop of 6,691 votes...and Trump won...44.06% of them so Biden netted 795.

And for the doomsayers, 44.06 would be less than 57% or 59% percent.

It was from Coconino so it was expected to be favorable for Biden. Biden is still on good pace to win because Trump probably can't get enough from Maricopa.
Yes, but then commentators shouldn't say Trump got what he needed in a vote update when he gets exactly 59% because it discounts for the possibility of other vote dumps that significantly worse for him than that, even if they are better in a specific county in theory.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #13009 on: November 06, 2020, 12:57:00 AM »

It's not impossible, but it would take a near miracle. Trust, I wish it would happen, and I'm not a concern troll, but I just don't see NC happening. Not this time.

Does Mr Historically Sexy have a chance? Or at least a better one than Biden?
n1240

« Reply #13010 on: November 06, 2020, 12:57:06 AM »

Big problem with NC is provisional ballots may outnumber mail-in ballots in the remaining votes to count, and provisionals will probably be favorable for Trump since they're generally cast in-person and Trump won provisionals in the state narrowly in 2016.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13011 on: November 06, 2020, 12:57:14 AM »

Trump has 3 tweets flagged today so far. Wonder if he'll break his record of 5 from yesterday.

6 today.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13012 on: November 06, 2020, 12:57:40 AM »

When all said and done its going to be close probably less than a 1 point for Trump.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13013 on: November 06, 2020, 12:58:07 AM »

Georgia down to 1,479

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #13014 on: November 06, 2020, 12:58:58 AM »

Worse actually, circling impossible.
n1240

« Reply #13015 on: November 06, 2020, 12:59:29 AM »

It was from Coconino so it was expected to be favorable for Biden. Biden is still on good pace to win because Trump probably can't get enough from Maricopa.
Yes, but then commentators shouldn't say Trump got what he needed in a vote update when he gets exactly 59% because it discounts for the possibility of other vote dumps that significantly worse for him than that, even if they are better in a specific county in theory.

It should be necessary to preface where the vote is coming from though, there are still areas like Pinal where Trump could hit close to 70% - mentioning the county can give a better perspective of how the vote is swinging from the overall results and is a better metric than simply using 59% statewide imo.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #13016 on: November 06, 2020, 12:59:57 AM »

No, unlike Cooper, he's running behind Biden. Gov. Cooper was reelected, though, but he always ran ahead of Biden, even in the polls.
gf20202
« Reply #13017 on: November 06, 2020, 01:01:55 AM »

It should be necessary to preface where the vote is coming from though, there are still areas like Pinal where Trump could hit close to 70% - mentioning the county can give a better perspective of how the vote is swinging from the overall results and is a better metric than simply using 59% statewide imo.
I guess, but there's also Pima. Do anybody really think Trump is going to get 59% in the rest of the amazing Arizona vote?
musicblind
United States

« Reply #13018 on: November 06, 2020, 01:02:01 AM »

When all said and done its going to be close probably less than a 1 point for Trump.

I concur.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13019 on: November 06, 2020, 01:03:06 AM »

I’m not too proud of my state (KY trended SLIGHTLY against Trump, but not nearly as much as I hoped).

But I AM proud of my county. Biden’s win of about 60% here in Fayette is the greatest of any candidate since Reagan in 1984. I think the greatest for any Democrat ever.
Angasboy15
Rookie

« Reply #13020 on: November 06, 2020, 01:03:50 AM »

Cuomo can't count. Has said GA is <1000 twice in the last half hour.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13021 on: November 06, 2020, 01:04:11 AM »

NC is a heavy lift, how about the senate race?

Mr. Historically Sexy is underperforming Biden so seems even more unlikely he wins it.

Goddamn dumbass MAY have cost us the Senate, depending on hiw the run-offs go.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13022 on: November 06, 2020, 01:04:53 AM »

So if Biden already won, why isn't anything called? Do they fear Trump too much?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13023 on: November 06, 2020, 01:05:25 AM »

Am I imagining things, or has Biden outperformed Obama in DC?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13024 on: November 06, 2020, 01:05:43 AM »

NC is a heavy lift, how about the senate race?

Mr. Historically Sexy is underperforming Biden so seems even more unlikely he wins it.

Goddamn dumbass MAY have cost us the Senate, depending on hiw the run-offs go.

Seeing as the GA races probably go the same way, another race wouldn't cost the Senate.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies