2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:53:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 630289 times)
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9875 on: November 05, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »

What he’s saying is that he’ll be trying to block all Biden cabinet appointments as long as they are Democrats, does anyone believe that he’ll do anything else?
Then why did Axios feel the need to add in his comments about how he’ll be fine with ‘centrists’ when you know damn well he’s making that statement in bad faith?

Side note, Biden should absolutely take Trump’s acting secretary playbook when Mitch McConnell demands he appoint

And a quick shout out to the people in Maine who voted Biden/Collins so they could get the good feeling of being such independent minded free thinkers. Great call guys.

Everyone on Twitter is saying that too, just going with the Acting Secretary route. Mitch will Mitch, still  four Senate races up in the air so you hope for the Hail Mary and you can convert like Aaron Rodgers.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9876 on: November 05, 2020, 11:13:14 AM »

Please celebrate, but don't gloat, if/when Biden takes the lead in these states counting mail ballots. I don't believe that there is anything majorly fraudulent going on here, but it is still really hard watching apparent leads disappear even if you know it's coming.  I remember that well from the AZ-SEN and several CA House races in 2018.  We need to find a more efficient way of counting mail ballots going forward because this sort of result seems fishy to people who don't pay that close of attention to why it's happening, and that appearance can be real for so many people.

I'm usually not one to gloat too much about about elections, but this is also asking a lot.  The Republican Party has committed itself to making "owning the libtards" the driving force behind most of its actions for years.  When your party (and tbf you've never done this) spends its time wreaking havoc upon everything this country stand for (at least from our perspective) and abandoning all pretense of commitment to democracy or the rule of law simply out of petty spite...well...folks on the other side are gonna piss on your foot every chance they get.  

Honestly, I can't blame any Democrats who are as obnoxious as they possibly can be to Republicans about Trump losing, especially as McConnell is already confirming that he'll be even worse than he was when Obama was President and is trying to dictate Biden's cabinet.  I really don't think you guys understand yet the extent to which you've permanently poisoned the well.  Honestly, I kinda hope Biden leaves posts like SoS and Treasury vacant if McConnell refuses to confirm progressive nominees rather than working with Republicans to find some impotent wimp you guys are willing to tolerate.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9877 on: November 05, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »

Wow.  Apparently college-freshman PQG has a lot in common with Georgia election officials.  
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #9878 on: November 05, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »

Outstanding ballots in Fulton County is now down to about 2,000 - Fulton County Elections Director
Haw they released the data?

Not AFAIK, it was a CNN interview.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #9879 on: November 05, 2020, 11:14:10 AM »

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1324335432126136320?s=19

This is why getting the run-off with Ossoff and Warnock is important. Mitch is going to Mitch. And hopefully a Hail Mary happens and Cunningham squeaks out a stunner.

Not happening. Ossoff couldnt win the main election and trailed Biden badly. If Dems have the White House in January, Republicans will turn out in droves to keep the senate. Turnout for runoffs, even in 2008 when a filibuster proof majority was at stake, has favored Rs

The factors to consider here would be that 2008 Georgia isn't 2020 Georgia (i.e. if John Barrow can get 48% in a 2018 runoff, then Ossoff as a fighting chance in a 2020 runoff, especially thanks to Warnock's presumed coattails) & that R turnout could itself be depressed while D turnout continues to be motivated if Trump has already lost (& obviously isn't himself on the ballot again) while control of the Senate remains at stake.

Republicans have more to lose in a runoff compared to Dems. 2020 will be closer than the blowout in 2008, but the point remains. If Ossoff cant win in the general, I don't think that bodes well for him. No clue how good Warnock will do, but if Biden couldnt boost Ossoff, why would Warnock.

Yeah there is virtually zero chance the Dems win those runoffs. I mean zero.

This is swperste from my hardline stand on fools gold Georgia. I mean that point is the main one. You think with Georgia as close as it is would have a BETTER Dem result with a trifecta clinching majority on the line? Absolutely not. Doug Jones had better odds in Alabama.

Shush. If anybody doesn't have the right to talk about Democratic prospects in the state of Georgia, it's you.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9880 on: November 05, 2020, 11:14:50 AM »

Look at this thread.

If trends hold, this guy nailed everything except Maine's Senate race.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9881 on: November 05, 2020, 11:15:52 AM »

This is why getting the run-off with Ossoff and Warnock is important. Mitch is going to Mitch. And hopefully a Hail Mary happens and Cunningham squeaks out a stunner.

Not happening. Ossoff couldnt win the main election and trailed Biden badly. If Dems have the White House in January, Republicans will turn out in droves to keep the senate. Turnout for runoffs, even in 2008 when a filibuster proof majority was at stake, has favored Rs

Ok. One, all you Doom sayers or haters have been wrong on a lot of things. Second, elecorates change, new voter registration is until December 7th for Georgia to vote in that election. The narrative is different and Ossoff with Warnock (who is running against an unpopular Senator) could drive turnout. At least having the chance, no where did I say he would win but at least get the chance. But please go doom say somewhere else, you guys are super annoying.

I hope both the democrats lose. I want divided government.

If that happens Biden won't even be able to appoint a cabinet. McConnell has already signaled that he's not going to approve anyone Biden puts forward unless they are conservative.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #9882 on: November 05, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »

politics_king
United States

« Reply #9883 on: November 05, 2020, 11:16:13 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 11:21:57 AM by politics_king »

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1324335432126136320?s=19

The factors to consider here would be that 2008 Georgia isn't 2020 Georgia (i.e. if John Barrow can get 48% in a 2018 runoff, then Ossoff as a fighting chance in a 2020 runoff, especially thanks to Warnock's presumed coattails) & that R turnout could itself be depressed while D turnout continues to be motivated if Trump has already lost (& obviously isn't himself on the ballot again) while control of the Senate remains at stake.

Republicans have more to lose in a runoff compared to Dems. 2020 will be closer than the blowout in 2008, but the point remains. If Ossoff cant win in the general, I don't think that bodes well for him. No clue how good Warnock will do, but if Biden couldnt boost Ossoff, why would Warnock.

They'd be able complement one another with regards to turnout: Ossoff for the suburbs, & Warnock for Black turnout.

There was pretty clear ticket splitting of Biden/Purdue likely from the suburbs this time. If those people show up in January that wont change. But I guess we'll see soon either way. Republicans only need 1 to hold, dems need both.

I'm not sure there is much ticket splitting. Current vote shares:

President: Trump 49.6%, Biden 49.2%, Other 1.2%
Senate: Purdue 50.0%, Ossoff 47.6%, Other 2.3%

Purdue's overperforming Trump by a little but most of the gap is from Shane Hazel the Libertarian candidate in the Senate race.

Don't forget the fact that there will only be two choices on the ballot for both Runoffs. You don't think Schumer and Cortez Masto won't flood those races with the needed money? I agree that Ossoff & Warnock complement each other well and you have two months for Trump & Mitch to shoot themselves in the foot. That's why people that want the GOP to control the Senate get nervous because it's still a possibility. Sure, it favors the GOP, but you never know. Especially if Trump goes off the rails and Mitch keeps blocking a Stimulus package. It's no shoe-in guarantee they have the Senate, yet. Could all change by today and they do. We just have to wait and see, let all the votes be counted.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9884 on: November 05, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »

LOL
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9885 on: November 05, 2020, 11:17:06 AM »

Ok. One, all you Doom sayers or haters have been wrong on a lot of things. Second, elecorates change, new voter registration is until December 7th for Georgia to vote in that election. The narrative is different and Ossoff with Warnock (who is running against an unpopular Senator) could drive turnout. At least having the chance, no where did I say he would win but at least get the chance. But please go doom say somewhere else, you guys are super annoying.

If that happens Biden won't even be able to appoint a cabinet. McConnell has already signaled that he's not going to approve anyone Biden puts forward unless they are conservative.

Compromise or die.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9886 on: November 05, 2020, 11:17:57 AM »

I keep recommending these because I forget you’re not posting them to laugh.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9887 on: November 05, 2020, 11:19:33 AM »

Compromise or die.

You mean die like over 230k people have from COVID?
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #9888 on: November 05, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »

Wow.  Apparently college-freshman PQG has a lot in common with Georgia election officials.  

Then: Professor, I finished my homework on time, I just forgot to click the "upload" button.
Now: Sec. Raffensperger, I finished counting the votes, I just forgot to click the "upload" button.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9889 on: November 05, 2020, 11:20:09 AM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9890 on: November 05, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »

Compromise or die.
Die it is then.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #9891 on: November 05, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »

Saying you want a divided government says everything and that Green avatar is misleading. You know what policies he supports.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9892 on: November 05, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »

That about seals it.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #9893 on: November 05, 2020, 11:21:04 AM »

NUT

But these will probably be the subject of the biggest lawsuit that could decide the election.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9894 on: November 05, 2020, 11:21:19 AM »

Ugghh....damn the US postal service and the people trying to ruin it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9895 on: November 05, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »

The worst timeline.

"The real scandal in politics is not sex or money. It is how poorly we are governed."--Atlas Forum user BigSkyBob
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9896 on: November 05, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »

(A) I didn't know the creator of Family Guy was so into electoral politics.

(B) Have these been counted already?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9897 on: November 05, 2020, 11:22:13 AM »

That about seals it.
Not if they will not be counted.
skbl17
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #9898 on: November 05, 2020, 11:22:18 AM »

It appears the Chatham County, GA lawsuit brought by Trump campaign was dismissed:

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #9899 on: November 05, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »

Dems are finished. Even if Biden somehow wins he is a 1 termer. Dems will get shalacked in 2022 midterms as well. Trumpism was mostly reinforced.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies