Opinion of Laki
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 05:11:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Laki
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Title
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Opinion of Laki  (Read 2030 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2023, 08:45:39 PM »

You don't believe me, than ask yourself how many nations do recognise Palestina as an independent entity. The answer is almost zero, none in the west. They're not recognised

Wikipedia tells me that 138 nations recognize the state of Palestine
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2023, 10:13:54 PM »

I like him, but he's gone off the rails.  I'll withhold a rating to see if he can get back on the rails.  Coming to his senses on Hamas would be a good start.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2023, 10:25:41 PM »

I like him, but he's gone off the rails.  I'll withhold a rating to see if he can get back on the rails.  Coming to his senses on Hamas would be a good start.

Funny, while he's a bit more pro Palestine than me, I think he's made more sense in the past month than ever before.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2023, 10:26:30 PM »

Funny, while he's a bit more pro Palestine than me, I think he's made more sense in the past month than ever before.

Crush Hamas!

That's what makes sense.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2023, 12:36:08 AM »

You don't believe me, than ask yourself how many nations do recognise Palestina as an independent entity. The answer is almost zero, none in the west. They're not recognised

And none that matter (honestly)

GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2023, 01:06:57 AM »

those countries represent like 2/3 of the world population
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2023, 01:28:55 AM »

Eurocentric
      /ˌjʊərəʊˈsɛntrɪk/
adjective
focusing on European culture or history to the exclusion of a wider view of the world; implicitly regarding European culture as pre-eminent.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2023, 03:23:40 AM »

those countries represent like 2/3 of the world population

More like 85%. But don't worry, that's the unimportant 85% of the world. It's just Russia, China, India, and other non-factors in world affairs.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2023, 06:49:14 AM »

Laki today: I said that "literally almost zero nations recognise palestine" event though most of them do. Oh well, they are the useless ones so who cares?

Laki 2 days ago: Here is an entire thread I made for the very important opinion about Israel sanctions from one of the gazillion deputy prime ministers of Belgium who is a member of the all powerful Green party
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »

As long the USA and Western Europe doesn't recognise them, nothing changes.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2023, 09:21:02 PM »

Might be the only one on the forum...

but clearly not the only one in the world.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2024, 02:54:44 PM »

I don't think I've seen anyone with this bizarre level of asymmetrical obsession with me besides Klobumentum.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2024, 03:19:48 PM »

I like Laki! And while I am with the Palestinians (very shallowly though), I do believe he takes it too far.

Another example the common headscrather I have: why  the left is so invested in Palestine and Islam.

Islam is not my idea of progressive!
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2024, 02:14:37 PM »

I don't think I've seen anyone with this bizarre level of asymmetrical obsession with me besides Klobumentum.

lol, it's more than that. Despite claiming he hates the forum and wishes it never existed, he sure keeps obsessing over it. This is just about his typical post around here nowadays:

In the meantime, this is how some of your "heroes" on the forum responded to it - at the time - on the conflict.

Let this be a wake up call. There have been calls to "ban me"

For saying the god damn truth.

It looks like he has convinced himself that he is a persecuted martyr and then transitioned into a self appointed public avenger who HAS to call out the anonymous irrelevant map-obsessed users of this forum. It's sort of hilarious to be honest.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2024, 03:15:42 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2024, 03:18:58 PM by I'm not a genocide apologist »

I like Laki! And while I am with the Palestinians (very shallowly though), I do believe he takes it too far.

Another example the common headscrather I have: why  the left is so invested in Palestine and Islam.

Islam is not my idea of progressive!

Thank you.

But honestly, islam has nothing to do with my views on the conflict and Palestine.

I'm not very fond of religion in general, in particular Abrahamic religions, but that's a personal opinion. And I do not like where islam stands for, but that stands for christianity as well. And to be fair, there isn't that much difference between those religions.

The reason why people perceived it as so different is because of the cultures associated with it, and the fact that they overall / generally (as being far away from another for quite some time) evolved separately, and where the religions bordered there usually was some kind of conflict. Islam didn't use to be "the more conservative religion" of the three, in fact it arguably was for the longest part in history the most progressive one, with catholicism being the most conservative one.

The reason why Islam today stands for more conservativeness is basically re-interpretation of the religion, and some kind of revanchism/revival that occured at the end of the collapse of the big Islam empires. I don't know the full story here as well, but also submission to westernized empires didn't really help here. And around the same time, communism started to pop up everywhere, radical islam did as well in the Middle East, and it only has gotten popular over the ages, as the westernized world has increasingly became more progressive and has increasingly antagonized the muslim world (and vice versa as both reinforce each other). The situation in Palestine definitely does contribute to that overall sentiment (or the fact that most of the borders aren't even natural, but still leftovers from colonial holdings, acc to Sykes-Picot treaty, deliberately designed so that it would be more easy to control & exploit areas, such as for the oil, and not drawn based on linguistic, cultural, religious and ethnic borders -> also an aspect that was ignored during the creation of the state of Israel and by zionists).

Overall though, this is to be honest quite irrelevant. Killing children is killing children. Crimes against humanity are crimes against humanity. The fact that they are mostly muslim doesn't make it a "lesser crime". And honestly that's part of the dehumanization process that occurs during or prior to a genocide.

Humans are humans, period.

And make no mistake, i'm a progressive.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2024, 03:21:32 PM »

Eventually he'll grow up and realize communism isn't cool (except in HOI4 and COD:WaW).
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2024, 03:25:37 PM »

Indeed someone on here has gone off the rails over the past few years.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2024, 03:30:14 PM »

I'm pleased to see your high level of self-awareness.  There's a smidgen of hope for you.  Take heart
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2024, 03:31:02 PM »

I'm pleased to see your high level of self-awareness.  There's a smidgen of hope for you.  Take heart
Bold of you to imply I was ever on the rails.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies