The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:29:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 176755 times)
EastwoodS

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3025 on: December 19, 2023, 07:02:24 PM »

Trump supporters on here want to act like January 6th was a nothing event. Like he didn't order his gang of inbred, drooling morons to attack the Capitol. They equate it with any random ass scandal.
It was a nothing event.
NOTHING EVENT!
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #3026 on: December 19, 2023, 11:00:07 PM »

Young voters act like this in every election cycle. There's no point in pretending like this is a real thing. I don't want to vote for the guy my parents like, I want things to be different, I don't actually know anything and download all my political opinions from the loudest people on social media and my favorite comedian podcasters, both sides are the same and voting is pointless. At this point, young voter brainworms are just baked into the equation for Democratic candidates.

How can you not come off condescending towards them? It's impossible not to seem superior. We are superior. They say the exact same things and make the exact same mistakes every election cycle. It never stops being juvenile, delusional and conceited. The conceit of thinking you're incredibly well-informed and know better than everyone else, simply because you copy-pasted some political opinions and talking points from loud-mouthed hacks. This has been a factor in American politics pretty much ever since we made the mistake of lowering the voting age, and even before that (1968).

There's nothing quite like wanting to disenfranchise an entire generation of Americans simply for disagreeing with you politically, am I right?

Anyone who posts one of these threads should be permanently banned. It is, in fact, better to win elections than to lose them. End of story.

Context: this message is referring to one's partisan political calculus on an election result.

The Biden campaign’s calm right now, because they know they’re going to win.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3027 on: December 21, 2023, 12:11:13 AM »

Making terrorist threats to own the libs.

Yes, if other states followed Colorado's lead and these actions alone won the election for Biden, it would absolutely be a justified situation for armed rebellion.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #3028 on: December 21, 2023, 08:52:36 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2023, 08:58:37 AM by Aurelius2 »

Yes, if other states followed Colorado's lead and these actions alone won the election for Biden, it would absolutely be a justified situation for armed rebellion.
"Makeing terroriſt Threats against His Britannic Majestie to owne ye Tories" - Samuel Johnson on George Washington in 1775, probably.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3029 on: December 21, 2023, 09:14:41 AM »

"Makeing terroriſt Threats against His Britannic Majestie to owne ye Tories" - Samuel Johnson on George Washington in 1775, probably.

Lol are you comparing election insurrectionists to Washington and the founding fathers?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3030 on: December 21, 2023, 01:34:45 PM »

Lol are you comparing election insurrectionists to Washington and the founding fathers?
My username before I was banned was “Riot Like it’s 1776” for a reason. You guys larp being WWII era partisans all the time too.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #3031 on: December 21, 2023, 04:13:41 PM »

I'll believe Trump will win among young voters / make inroads with POC when he actually does.

Ah, to live in the world where Trump never gained with minority voters from 2012 to 2016 and then even further in 2020!

You can just ignore nonsensical crosstabs. You don’t have to believe them if they’re obviously wrong.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3032 on: December 21, 2023, 04:40:12 PM »

I'll believe Trump will win among young voters / make inroads with POC when he actually does.

Ah, to live in the world where Trump never gained with minority voters from 2012 to 2016 and then even further in 2020!

You can just ignore nonsensical crosstabs. You don’t have to believe them if they’re obviously wrong.

How's the weather in your universe?  Trump didn't run in 2012 in this one.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #3033 on: December 21, 2023, 04:47:45 PM »

How's the weather in your universe? Trump didn't run in 2012 in this one.

I said from 2012 to 2016. In other words, he made gains over Romney's 2012 run among those groups of voters (larger than his nationwide gains, and certainly far larger than his gains among white voters, it should be pointed out). My apologies if you feel like that was poor phrasing from me, but swings (and trends) are generally referred to this way, at least in the world of electoral analysis.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3034 on: December 21, 2023, 05:12:30 PM »

How's the weather in your universe? Trump didn't run in 2012 in this one.

I said from 2012 to 2016. In other words, he made gains over Romney's 2012 run among those groups of voters (larger than his nationwide gains, and certainly far larger than his gains among white voters, it should be pointed out). My apologies if you feel like that was poor phrasing from me, but swings (and trends) are generally referred to this way, at least in the world of electoral analysis.

Yes, your phrasing was poor.  You literally said "Trump gained", which is not the case because Trump didn't run in 2012.  If you had said "Republicans gained" between those two elections, that would have been correct.

But I don't think there's anything about Trump specifically that caused those gains from 2012 to 2016.  There's a rather significant difference between the Democratic candidates in those two elections.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3035 on: December 21, 2023, 06:39:21 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2023, 06:46:42 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Some people think I am Jamaican, a User sent me a message,most of our blk Ancestors are Jamaican and Nigerian the slave trade went there

That's why we need restitution English and British Crown owes Jamaica Restitution and we are British and Jamaican anyways

Since I know that Egyptians are blk and they mixed with Hebrew Queens some came out blk and some white I know the blk man is the original man and the rest are mixtures of or albino of blk man.

I was the original blk man, Bible is wrong it should start out with Moses and Pharaoh instead of Abraham because Egypt is how the races got mixed really.

It's a 303 map Elon Musk and Harvard X are inflating Trump numbers but giving RFK 20 pts to take from Biden so Trump can win, that's why Redban keeps posting Harvard Harris X because they are bias towards Trump, the only polls left to McLaughlin that has Trump ahead.

Lol but all the polls are still MOE
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #3036 on: December 22, 2023, 10:47:18 PM »

You literally said "Trump gained", which is not the case because Trump didn't run in 2012.

Well, Trump did, in fact, gain over Romney's 2012 performance. Like it or not, that's how 99% of election analysts would phrase it (of course, it isn't wrong to say that Republicans gained, either). That's because the 2016 GOP presidential nominee is inevitably going to be compared to their 2012 nominee—it's the baseline from which one works.

I don't think there's anything about Trump specifically that caused those gains from 2012 to 2016.

I never really bought that theory. Yes, of course Clinton being on the ballot as opposed to Obama can account for much of the Democratic vote drop-off. However, I did feel that Trump had unique personal appeal to numerous non-white voters, and the 2020 results largely vindicated my suspicion that the GOP is on track to narrow their losing margin with non-white voters over the medium and long term (a trend whose acceleration is also spearheaded by Trump himself). We'll see what 2024 says, but so far all the available data suggests there will be just as large of a swing, if not even more so.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #3037 on: December 23, 2023, 08:03:40 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2023, 08:06:58 AM by Mechavada »

My username before I was banned was “Riot Like it’s 1776” for a reason. You guys larp being WWII era partisans all the time too.

Liberals like to larp about WWII so hard that Lyndon Johnson escalated things in Vietnam just so he could be remembered as FDR Jr, lol.

To be completely fair successive Republican administrations after Lincoln larped the Civil War so hard they completed the job Columbus started Tongue.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #3038 on: December 24, 2023, 05:46:45 PM »

hate to tell you MI has always had an R bias and end up D
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3039 on: December 25, 2023, 07:53:06 PM »

The best way to almost completely eliminate illegal immigration would be to make legal immigration much easier.

This is like saying “The best way to reduce murder is to make killing people legal.”
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #3040 on: December 27, 2023, 08:31:35 PM »

I do wonder how much many young Israelis are brainwashed by fundamentalist US "Christians".
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3041 on: December 28, 2023, 06:21:24 AM »

Is this my first ever outing in this thread? I'm flattered.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #3042 on: December 28, 2023, 09:26:41 PM »

How about this one, then?

I even have ALLRED, Kunce winning because Ds always overperform polls

Emerson has Cameron plus 1 and Beshear won by 5
AtorBoltox

« Reply #3043 on: December 29, 2023, 10:21:55 PM »

Taiwan starts a war with China, and Iran starts a war with Israel.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3044 on: December 30, 2023, 10:04:10 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2023, 10:08:27 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Many users have ALLRED winning Ds but on Facebook they said stop donating to ALLRED until a poll has him closer than 16; consequently donate to Kunce, Tester, Brown, Gallego, Kunce and Osborne have a better chance
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3045 on: December 30, 2023, 09:02:27 PM »

No, we're living in the world where detransitioners exist and children are being convinced by a few relatives and the internet that they're transgender because their interests are not a hundred percent stereotypical. Which is something some of us are against. The science still isn't even close to done on this subject either.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3046 on: January 02, 2024, 12:26:57 PM »

Truman: C
Eisenhower: C
Kennedy: D
LBJ: F
Nixon: D
Ford: C
Carter: D
Reagan: D
HW Bush: B
Bill Clinton: D
George W Bush: F
Barack Obama: D
Donald Trump: A
Joe Biden: D

Is this some kind of joke? You claim to be left-wing.

Left wing and Americna foreign policy

Impossible combination.

The only reason i gave an A and B to someone is because that's how tier lists work, and because Trump didn't lead America to war and America was mostly at peace during Trumps presidency, something few other presidents can claim.

Biden's D is because of Israel and general world tension increase during his presidency and the return to neocon/neolib politics.

I'm anti-neocon/anti-neolib and that's what a left-winger should be. Period.

I definitely am left wing. It's just that the Democratic Party isn't (and neither this forum given how people have treated me). I try to be as unbiased as possible. And during Trump, America wasn't at war (except for wrapping up Afghanistan which both Trump and Biden have done well).

Trump was more succesful in being assertive (diplomatically) and keeping America where it should be: at bay.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #3047 on: January 02, 2024, 01:07:21 PM »

Truman: C
Eisenhower: C
Kennedy: D
LBJ: F
Nixon: D
Ford: C
Carter: D
Reagan: D
HW Bush: B
Bill Clinton: D
George W Bush: F
Barack Obama: D
Donald Trump: A
Joe Biden: D

Is this some kind of joke? You claim to be left-wing.

Left wing and Americna foreign policy

Impossible combination.

The only reason i gave an A and B to someone is because that's how tier lists work, and because Trump didn't lead America to war and America was mostly at peace during Trumps presidency, something few other presidents can claim.

Biden's D is because of Israel and general world tension increase during his presidency and the return to neocon/neolib politics.

I'm anti-neocon/anti-neolib and that's what a left-winger should be. Period.

I definitely am left wing. It's just that the Democratic Party isn't (and neither this forum given how people have treated me). I try to be as unbiased as possible. And during Trump, America wasn't at war (except for wrapping up Afghanistan which both Trump and Biden have done well).

Trump was more succesful in being assertive (diplomatically) and keeping America where it should be: at bay.

A genocide advocate and one of the biggest bullies the internet hosts doesn't have to lecture me.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3048 on: January 05, 2024, 01:22:22 PM »

It’s amazing how one kid basically admits he has drank alcohol despite being underage

Why is that amazing?

It’s illegal to drink until you’re 21 so it’s really stunning and really stupid someone admits to doing so on camera . Like first of all you should be waiting till you’re 21 but admitting it on camera is beyond stupid .

So I meant amazing in the more that it was stunning not that it’s  good
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3049 on: January 05, 2024, 02:05:47 PM »

Activote has Trump up 8 I didn't bother because they are fake plus Trump Polls, it's a 303 map
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies