International COVID-19 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:47:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  International COVID-19 Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
Please try to avoid posting unverified info/spreading unwarranted panic.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 ... 139
Author Topic: International COVID-19 Megathread  (Read 452959 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3075 on: November 12, 2021, 03:10:17 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2021, 03:12:35 PM by President Johnson »

This Corona winter will be probably the last Corona winter where I don't emigrate from Germany.  My countrymen have become to stupid to endure. Spain seems nice. Better weather too.

In other news, a meeting of the Conference of Minister-Presidents is scheduled for next Thursday where "2G" will (probably) be implemented for the entire country the following week. At that point, this will (probably) come three or four weeks too late. At least the measure seems to be effective in Austria: https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/corona-virus-in-oesterreich-zahl-der-impfungen-steigt-deutlich-a-f75b6627-37e8-489a-b716-6721b9f9cdbc

Yeah, I don't get it either. I expected my countrymen to be smarter as a collective. Especially since Germans like to joke about Americans and Trump supporters for their anti-intellectualism.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3076 on: November 13, 2021, 05:15:40 AM »

This Corona winter will be probably the last Corona winter where I don't emigrate from Germany.  My countrymen have become to stupid to endure. Spain seems nice. Better weather too.

In other news, a meeting of the Conference of Minister-Presidents is scheduled for next Thursday where "2G" will (probably) be implemented for the entire country the following week. At that point, this will (probably) come three or four weeks too late. At least the measure seems to be effective in Austria: https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/corona-virus-in-oesterreich-zahl-der-impfungen-steigt-deutlich-a-f75b6627-37e8-489a-b716-6721b9f9cdbc

Yeah, I don't get it either. I expected my countrymen to be smarter as a collective. Especially since Germans like to joke about Americans and Trump supporters for their anti-intellectualism.

As I very recently read in a fitting comment: German-speaking Europe is the home of Samuel Hahnemann and Rudolf Steiner, it's literally the birthplace of homeopathy and anthroposophy. And now it's finally biting us in the ass.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3077 on: November 13, 2021, 07:09:22 PM »

These are just the official statistics:

Russia’s COVID-19 deaths set daily record
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #3078 on: November 15, 2021, 07:50:41 AM »

This Corona winter will be probably the last Corona winter where I don't emigrate from Germany.  My countrymen have become to stupid to endure. Spain seems nice. Better weather too.

One of the reasons why here in Germany are so many anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorists is this guy, who is extremely popular among your Green parties; also one of your Greens Atlas friends, who attended a Rudolph Steiner school (or as we usually call it here in Germany: Waldorfschule), praised that guy, not only despite but also because of his anti-Semitic attitude.
Keep in mind, if this corona pandemic had occurred ten year ago, your party would have occupied the role of AfD and Die Basis as the overlap in terms of esoterism, vaccine skepticism, and homeopathy between those three parties is yuuuuge.

https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/waldorfschule-und-impfgegner-in-steiners-sekte-a-8242889d-190f-479f-bf6d-a22ccab54013

(If your party comrade would still be around here, which she isn't, as his duties he was paid for are fulfilled and expired with the end of the federal election, she would say: "DoN't ReAd ThE sPiEgEl, It'S a NaDsI™ mAgAzInE!!!1!!!1!")
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #3079 on: November 15, 2021, 08:28:46 AM »

Gee I wonder why Putin is building up a military stand off with the West again?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3080 on: November 15, 2021, 08:34:01 AM »

One of the reasons why here in Germany are so many anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorists is this guy, who is extremely popular among your Green parties; also one of your Greens Atlas friends, who attended a Rudolph Steiner school (or as we usually call it here in Germany: Waldorfschule), praised that guy, not only despite but also because of his anti-Semitic attitude.
Keep in mind, if this corona pandemic had occurred ten year ago, your party would have occupied the role of AfD and Die Basis as the overlap in terms of esoterism, vaccine skepticism, and homeopathy between those three parties is yuuuuge.

https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/waldorfschule-und-impfgegner-in-steiners-sekte-a-8242889d-190f-479f-bf6d-a22ccab54013

(If your party comrade would still be around here, which she isn't, as his duties he was paid for are fulfilled and expired with the end of the federal election, she would say: "DoN't ReAd ThE sPiEgEl, It'S a NaDsI™ mAgAzInE!!!1!!!1!")

Yeah, it isn't like I already mentioned Rudolf Steiner in my last post in this very thread.

Btw, I wasn't really kidding when I said that I'm expecting an apology from you for being implied to be a terrorist supporter.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #3081 on: November 15, 2021, 10:37:10 AM »

Btw, I wasn't really kidding when I said that I'm expecting an apology from you for being implied to be a terrorist supporter.

I never said that, plus I didn't know that you wanted an apology from me.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #3082 on: November 15, 2021, 01:49:35 PM »

Update on Portugal:

The situation here is a bit tense. Cases have been rising in the last two weeks or so, and Health authorities are already saying that all options are on the table, even a possible lockdown. At the same time, the 3rd vaccine shot campaign is not going well, with several delays and bad organization. The former vaccine taskforce leader, Admiral Gouveia e Melo, has already criticized the ongoing 3rd vaccine shot campaign, currently led by the government. PM Costa has also schedule a meeting to discuss the current Covid situation in the country.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3083 on: November 15, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3084 on: November 17, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »

It's only getting worse here so far.

Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #3085 on: November 17, 2021, 04:46:33 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2021, 05:06:12 PM by Silent Hunter »

Had my holiday there at just the right time it seems. Went in early October and they seemed to be taking Covid very seriously; yet Germany has fallen over just like everyone else. It seems every country is merely slowing down the flood - none can stop it.
urutzizu
« Reply #3086 on: November 18, 2021, 07:58:41 AM »

https://orf.at/stories/3236982/
Full Lockdown for *everyone* in two Austrian states and looks like the entire country could follow suit. Schools closed, shops closed, no leaving home for non-essential reasons no matter vaccination status. As if the Vaccines didn't even exist.

Apparently some parts of industry actually support it, because of Austria's situation with being dependant on the winter season and the reasoning that it's less bad to take the hit now, and get numbers down that so foreign tourists can/will come, but it's still nuts. Who is going to get vaccinated if you have to stay home anyway?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3087 on: November 18, 2021, 08:14:12 AM »

https://orf.at/stories/3236982/
Full Lockdown for *everyone* in two Austrian states and looks like the entire country could follow suit. Schools closed, shops closed, no leaving home for non-essential reasons no matter vaccination status. As if the Vaccines didn't even exist.

Apparently some parts of industry actually support it, because of Austria's situation with being dependant on the winter season and the reasoning that it's less bad to take the hit now, and get numbers down that so foreign tourists can/will come, but it's still nuts. Who is going to get vaccinated if you have to stay home anyway?

Austrians should go out and over throw their tyrannically government now!!!
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3088 on: November 18, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »

Have to say, full lockdowns *after* most have been vaccinated don't look good. At all.
Omega21

« Reply #3089 on: November 18, 2021, 12:35:55 PM »

Have to say, full lockdowns *after* most have been vaccinated don't look good. At all.

In Wien sind derzeit 101 Intensivbetten mit Corona-Patienten belegt, im Ernstfall stehen 388 zur Verfügung. Triage ist hier noch kein Thema. Ein Lockdown ist dennoch möglich.

Vienna is able to provide 400 ICU beds for Covid patients only. Currently, 100 are occupied.

Still, the Mayor is signaling a potential lockdown soon.

https://www.krone.at/2558826
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3090 on: November 18, 2021, 01:53:09 PM »

Germany largely implementing the so called 2G rule after Merkel and Scholz held a virtual summit with Minister-Presidents of the states. That means the unvaccinated are pretty much locked out of public life such as restaurants, barber shops, clubs etc. Exact rules will be determined by states and depend on hospitalization rate.

The president of the RKI (German CDC) Lothar Wieler made waves yesterday during an online summit with Saxony Minister-President Michael Kretschmer with frustrated remarks over the current situation. He criticized both unvaccinated people and politicians for neglance. He also said that 52,000 new infections yesterday would cause at least 400 people to die in a couple of weeks no matter what. "There's nothing we can do about these people, they're inevitably lost."

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #3091 on: November 18, 2021, 06:54:49 PM »

Portugal update:

Madeira regional government has announced new measures:

- Mask mandates will be reintroduced;
- Vaccine certificates will be mandatory in order to enter in any private or public venue;
- Mandatory testing for anyone who goes to public events;
- Anyone arriving in the islands without a vaccine taken will be asked to receive one, however this is not mandatory;

There are already questions if the Madeira government has authority to persue these restrictions. In the mainland, new measures are also expected in the next few days. The expected measures are the following:

- Mask mandates will also be reintroduced;
- Massive testing;
- Remote working could be reintroduced;

At the same time, Health authorities will give an additional shot to people who received the Janssen vaccine. Around 1 million people will be called, myself included, I expect.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3092 on: November 19, 2021, 01:30:01 PM »

Austria moving into a 20 day lockdown for everyone and an universal vaccine mandate starting in February.

If Germany had balls, we would do the same.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #3093 on: November 19, 2021, 07:05:35 PM »

In b4 the wingnuts assume this is happening in Australia (ignoring that bugger all adults have not got the vax here)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3094 on: November 20, 2021, 08:40:48 AM »

No, this is really not a good idea.

Zero Covid is dead, we are all going to have to learn to live with it to a degree.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3095 on: November 20, 2021, 12:01:17 PM »

Austria moving into a 20 day lockdown for everyone and an universal vaccine mandate starting in February.

Is this the 1st Western country with an universal vaccine mandate? How are they going to enforce that? It'll be interesting to witness here.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #3096 on: November 21, 2021, 07:38:09 PM »

universal vaccine mandate are common in europe, this is just first time for a covid-19 vaccine
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3097 on: November 22, 2021, 09:34:18 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59369488

I am glad Austrians are protesting this!

They should over throw their government.

NO

MORE

LOCKDOWNS
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3098 on: November 22, 2021, 09:36:52 AM »

Zero Covid is dead, we are all going to have to learn to live with it to a degree.

Yes!

I encourage all citizens of countries with lockdowns to stand up to their government and over throw their government if necessary.

FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #3099 on: November 22, 2021, 10:32:37 AM »

Yes!

I encourage all citizens of countries with lockdowns to stand up to their government and over throw their government if necessary.

this in many countries count as a crime
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 ... 139  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies