MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:15:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 68625 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: August 21, 2020, 01:38:57 PM »

The latest in this line of attack has been to accuse Markey of  attacking the Kennedy family legacy. Lo and behold, it turns out that Pelosi herself admitted she endorsed because of the "attacks" - which are mainly attempts to use JFK's call to action for self-promotion and paint Kennedy as someone of privilege.

Nothing in your link supports this assertion.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #801 on: August 21, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »

Kennedy was a overwhelming favorite (like a Republican in Alabama favorite)

But a campaign that simply was too nice and refused to call out Markey for what he is until it’s too late will likely be the downfall as Markey as caught up and since passed him.

With that being said the last week has been momentum for Joe all the way - so maybe he’s made it close again.

I think this was Kennedy’s race to lose and he squandered it. It’s not over but it’s a tough up hill climb for him

What's funniest about you supporting Kennedy very hard in this thread is that Kennedy and Markey are incredibly similar on policy. He's definitely not a "fiscal mod" or "moderate hawk" or whatever as you describe yourself. So, either way, you're going to get someone who most likely will be in favor of the progress you would rather not see happen.

I’ve waivered on the fiscal point when it became painfully clear that we always find money for billionaire tax cuts but when it comes to education, health care, new roads, subways, hospitals - we always ask hOw cAn We pAy fOr tHaT

Absolutely. And the military budget never gets questioned.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #802 on: August 21, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »

The latest in this line of attack has been to accuse Markey of  attacking the Kennedy family legacy. Lo and behold, it turns out that Pelosi herself admitted she endorsed because of the "attacks" - which are mainly attempts to use JFK's call to action for self-promotion and paint Kennedy as someone of privilege.

Except the video where she says she wasn't happy about the attacks on Kennedy's family and the quote that says the same thing.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #803 on: August 21, 2020, 06:24:49 PM »

Oops.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #804 on: August 21, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »

BAH GOD, THAT'S ED MARKEY'S MUSIC!!
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #805 on: August 21, 2020, 08:26:05 PM »

Speaker John McCormack and the OSC with a model here. Markey +1 at the moment, seems pretty reasonable, although they do say that Kennedy is picking up momentum that is too early to quantify now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #806 on: August 21, 2020, 08:36:58 PM »

The reason why Joe Kennedy will pull it off due the fact Markey is like Hubert Humphrey and RFK should of been the Veep to LBJ, not to mention Joe Kennedy is the change agent and is named Joe too.

Outside of Boston, who knows whom Markey really is, that's why Joe gets outside donations like aye, from voters from other states
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #807 on: August 21, 2020, 09:54:31 PM »

Except the video where she says she wasn't happy about the attacks on Kennedy's family and the quote that says the same thing.

Ah, I had to use an archive link to read it so the video didn't embed.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #808 on: August 23, 2020, 01:27:27 PM »

I love this guy so much.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #809 on: August 23, 2020, 01:37:05 PM »

The bosses may tell him where to sit. No one tells him where to stand.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #810 on: August 23, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »

This guy could sell you guys ocean front property in Kansas. My god
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #811 on: August 23, 2020, 01:52:32 PM »

The irony is enormous.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #812 on: August 23, 2020, 10:57:50 PM »

Alright, into the Oremine you go.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #813 on: August 23, 2020, 11:12:23 PM »

Alright, into the Oremine you go.

Too late Wink
ctrepublican512

« Reply #814 on: August 24, 2020, 01:28:25 AM »

Do voters really care about political opportunism out of everything they've seen these past few years? I feel like that's not going to be a setback for Kennedy. Who are Biden primary voters going to support? (actually asking lol)... I feel like most of the people who are tuned out don't pay any attention to this back and forth. From the outside, it just looks like Markey dissing the Kennedys in a douchy way imo

Is Markey going to get hurt with turnout if universities are not at full capacity, people-wise?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #815 on: August 24, 2020, 04:56:11 AM »

Do voters really care about political opportunism out of everything they've seen these past few years? I feel like that's not going to be a setback for Kennedy. Who are Biden primary voters going to support? (actually asking lol)... I feel like most of the people who are tuned out don't pay any attention to this back and forth. From the outside, it just looks like Markey dissing the Kennedys in a douchy way imo

Is Markey going to get hurt with turnout if universities are not at full capacity, people-wise?

I doubt it. He’s done a good job (well his highly talented staff has) of getting the young early
Vote out. It’s just a matter of the Kennedy people getting there people out.

Unfortunately the Biden comparison doesn’t hold because Biden got a plurality not a majority.

Where in most states Biden + Bloomberg + Amy was way more than Bernie + Warren, in Massachusetts it was different. So Joe would have to symphon off some of those voters which is possible because anyone over the age of 40 (and especially over the age of 65) has a very postive opinion of the Kennedy’s and knows the greatness of the name and just how much they’ve actually gotten done for the people.

So it’s unique in that most young people are for the old guy and most old people are for the young guy.

It’s sad most people can’t get past the “he’s entitled!” bullsh**t because if they looked at how these two have conducted themselves - the effort they’ve put forth into doing the job of being in Congress. It wouldn’t be close. At all.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #816 on: August 24, 2020, 05:27:59 AM »

I doubt it. He’s done a good job (well his highly talented staff has) of getting the young early

Unfortunately the Biden comparison doesn’t hold because Biden got a plurality not a majority.

Where in most states Biden + Bloomberg + Amy was way more than Bernie + Warren, in Massachusetts it was different. So Joe would have to symphon off some of those voters which is possible because anyone over the age of 40 (and especially over the age of 65) has a very postive opinion of the Kennedy’s and knows the greatness of the name and just how much they’ve actually gotten done for the people.

So it’s unique in that most young people are for the old guy and most old people are for the young guy.

It’s sad most people can’t get past the “he’s entitled!” bullsh**t because if they looked at how these two have conducted themselves - the effort they’ve put forth into doing the job of being in Congress. It wouldn’t be close. At all.

Markey is the author of the Green New Deal. That alone blows Kennedy out of the water.

Furthermore, the poll posted a few pages back; the words most assocated bit?

Markey: Old, progressive, experienced

Kennedy: Entitled, young, opportunist.

It is obvious to everyone but you that Kennedy has been unable to answer even basic questions. If he really thought he could be a Senator, he wouldn't have wasted time and would have run against Warren two years ago, or would wait for one of the two incumbents to retire and run against Pressley. Instead, he opted for the cowardly, opportunistic route of challenging Markey and it has completely blown up in his face.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #817 on: August 24, 2020, 12:27:11 PM »

Markey is the author of the Green New Deal. That alone blows Kennedy out of the water.

Furthermore, the poll posted a few pages back; the words most assocated bit?

Markey: Old, progressive, experienced

Kennedy: Entitled, young, opportunist.

It is obvious to everyone but you that Kennedy has been unable to answer even basic questions. If he really thought he could be a Senator, he wouldn't have wasted time and would have run against Warren two years ago, or would wait for one of the two incumbents to retire and run against Pressley. Instead, he opted for the cowardly, opportunistic route of challenging Markey and it has completely blown up in his face.

I mean that's kind of why I support Kennedy
new_patomic

« Reply #818 on: August 24, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »

Things getting messy again today

Logical

« Reply #819 on: August 24, 2020, 12:59:03 PM »

You can tell a campaign’s underwater and out of ideas when they pull out the “mEaN tWeETs” card.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #820 on: August 24, 2020, 12:59:56 PM »

You can tell a campaign’s underwater and out of ideas when they pull out the “mEaN tWeETs” card.

It might be a bit more effective considering the mention of death threats and the memory of the Kennedy curse.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #821 on: August 24, 2020, 01:11:09 PM »

None of those Twitter accounts appear to be even tangentially related to the Markey campaign. People say gross things online. It's absolutely horrendous, yes, but it's disingenuously inaccurate to assign responsibility to Markey here, let alone act like he's the one who's coordinating all of it.

Let's be real: Kennedy doesn't actually care whether or not Markey disavows the terrible behavior. He just wants the voters to associate Markey with all of it.
new_patomic

« Reply #822 on: August 24, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »

I do sort of wonder if Kennedy might be overplaying his hand a bit here.

I understand his taking advantage of the opening Markey gave him to more openly talk about his family. To turn markey's attacks into an advantage by painting them as mean spirited.

But the risk is now his closing message seems to be 'my family' and 'the other side is mean' which doesn't seem particularly strong when you're the one primarying the incumbent.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #823 on: August 24, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »

Speaker John McCormack and the OSC with a model here. Markey +1 at the moment, seems pretty reasonable, although they do say that Kennedy is picking up momentum that is too early to quantify now.

That town map looks mostly solid, although I don't really get the random Kennedy towns in Western MA.
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #824 on: August 24, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »

That town map looks mostly solid, although I don't really get the random Kennedy towns in Western MA.

I agree, the map looks decent but Leverett, Montague, North Adams, and Great Barrington being overwhelmingly for Kennedy in the model seems off.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies