Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 01:17:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 72358 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: June 18, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »

In my dual capacity as ruler of the largest sovereign Muslim nation on face of this earth, and as the Caliph of Islam, I simply have no words to express my outrage over such a vile desecration of the Most Holy Place of our faith.

We thereby renounce the Baghdad Pact with the United Kingdom.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #776 on: June 18, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »

The United Kingdom in no way ordered this attack and we seek to remind our fellow countries of that. The mutineers will be punished accordingly. The British Empire has treated those of other faiths respectfully in many of the recent years, we've refused to force India or Egypt or many other parts of our Empire to change their religion.

The criticism coming from the United States is rich considering the fact that Americans undertook the bombing of London according to our sources at Scotland Yard (OOC this is not just me making something up it was stated by Lumine) and we've yet to see them act to punish those responsible.

The Ottomans too cannot be blameless as they took one of the most important buildings in Eastern Orthodoxy and changed it into a mosque.

We repeat, we had nothing to do with this attack and are going to be reworking our system in this region as to govern more effectively.

Furthermore we are announcing the immediate mobilization of the British Empire until these threats subside. We have no wish of war with anyone, but will defend ourselves in anyone dares attack us.

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #777 on: June 18, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »

Italy is beyond alarmed at the British desecration of Mecca. Despite our colonial empire being comprised more of Christians than Muslims, we cannot and shall not tolerate such an attack on a holy site. As a nation that rules one of the holiest cities of Catholicism, we would not tolerate if a few nationals had burnt St. Peter's Basilica, or any holy site in our city.

My heart goes out to Muslims around the world, and may the people behind this be brought to swift justice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:29 PM »

In light of an unbearable arrogance displayed by the British, who, instead of at least showing some regret and humility over the barbaric act of their own soldiers, are throwing baseless accusations around, we too order the full and immediate mobilization of the Ottoman Empire.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »

The British insinuation of guilt of the USA in the Trafalgar Square bombings is ludicrous and is a clear attempt to change the topic of conversation (OOC- Spamage mentioned to me that the USA was one of several nations to be mentioned in the Scotland Yard leads, not the only)

Typical British duplicity....making an absurd charge when they themselves are guilty of barbarism. This is indicative of how they run their Empire....which is why my founding fathers long ago wisely decided to leave it
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2014, 05:40:29 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 10:02:48 PM by Spamage »

The British insinuation of guilt of the USA in the Trafalgar Square bombings is ludicrous and is a clear attempt to change the topic of conversation (OOC- Spamage mentioned to me that the USA was one of several nations to be mentioned in the Scotland Yard leads, not the only)

Typical British duplicity....making an absurd charge when they themselves are guilty of barbarism. This is indicative of how they run their Empire....which is why my founding fathers long ago wisely decided to leave it
We were checking to see if you'd be honest and confess or deceive us further when we told you there were multiple leads. You lied to us.

The United States is one to talk about running a country well, how long did it take you to finally end slavery? How many native Americans did you kill? Were we the ones to descend into civil war? You can criticize this incident, sure but don't attack how I run my empire which is both the largest and most powerful in human history. Furthermore we codemn he increasing of tensions by the Ottomans, we mobilized to put down uprisings and keep order, you're mobilizing to create war.

The United Kingdom has nothing but sadness for this incident but we'd like to note how quick America and the ottomAns were to throw us under the bus when we've been forgiving of them in the past. I gave the US the benefit of the doubt when I heard the were responsible for the London bombing, why won't they do he same for me?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #781 on: June 18, 2014, 05:44:19 PM »

We were checking to see if you'd be honest and confess or deceive us further when we told you there were multiple leads. You lied to us.

The United States is one to talk shot running a country well, how long did it take you to finally end slavery? How many native Americans did you kill? Were we the ones to descend into civil war? You can criticize this incident, sure but don't attack how I run my empire which is both the largest and most powerful in human history. Furthermore we codemn he increasing of tensions by the Ottomans, we mobilized to put down uprisings and keep order, you're mobilizing to create war.

The United Kingdom has nothing but sadness for this incident but we'd like to note how quick America and the ottomAns were to throw us under the bus when we've been forgiving of them in the past. I gave the US the benefit of the doubt when I heard the were responsible for the London bombing, why won't they do he same for me?
Forgive me while I consult the history books....but I do believe you Brits had a civil war of your own. Your history is far longer than ours- and your fighting amongst yourselves and your brutal conquering of other nations of the world speak for itself

My nation was not responsible for your London bombing.....either your intelligence is faulty or- as I suspect- you are suddenly making this accusation to distract the world from attention to your own atrocity. If you had such proof- why not bring it up before? You Brits never cease with your deceit....and it is time for you to understand that there are limits to your power

British dominance of the world is a thing of the past.....
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #782 on: June 18, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 05:50:14 PM by Abdul the Red »

It's quite amusing the British are trying to switch the discussion to historical misdeeds, that every nation has comitted at some points of history. Including the United Kingdom. We haven't forget the Opium Plot and the world surely haven't forget concentration camps for Boers, both policies instituted under present conservative government.

We do not wish to provoke the war, but given the fact that every Muslim on the Middle East is outraged by the Sack of Mecca and there is basically a war going on in Arabia and Palestine (our southern border)  it's only logical to go on alert.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #783 on: June 18, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »

It's quite amusing the British are trying to switch the discussion to historical misdeeds (that every nation has comitted, the United Kingdom including).
I understand why they are doing so....they were just responsible for the barbaric desecration of the holiest site of Islam
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »

It is truly sad how eager the United States and the Ottomans are for a war, first Russia and now they turn their sights to me. First off, yes this was a terrible tragedy, and I will punish those responsible, but other nations cannot continue to act as though my Empire is the scourge of the Earth. Sure we've all had misdeeds, and this is one of them.

The United States is responsible for the London bombing, that much is a fact and to deny it is not only hypocritical, but even more harmful to our relations. I confess that British Nationals committed this horrible attack on Islam, but London did not organize it or expect it.

We woke up this morning with the US as our second most strong ally, and now going to bed London is uncertain of what our future with Washington can and will look like. We wish to reconcile the the USA, one of our friends for many years and a country we look upon with great admiration.

To the Ottomans we must admit we are not surprised. Istanbul has been the largest warmonger we see in the world today. The second we freed thousands of people across their former Empire they began planning on re-enslaving them. First they jumped on the Russian bandwagon and then they used the Turkestan crisis to harm their relations with us. Now they appear set on war with London, something we certainly do not wish for. For all we know they'll turn their sights on France after they're done with us!

Also, the civil war you are referencing was when England and Scotland were separate Kingdoms, technically this government has never faced a civil war.

(OOC: Good job at escalating tensions Lumine! Smiley Also good job Clarence and Kalwejt I love this arguing, it seems almost realistic how fast relations can change )
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #785 on: June 18, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, you would be surprised... I'm not doing much now, I'm just having fun watching the players move, xD
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #786 on: June 18, 2014, 06:14:45 PM »

France wishes to see an end to these hostilities between our two biggest allies as soon as possible. We all see how difficult this situation is. Clearly the mutinous British soldiers should be punished for such acts. Everyone agrees on this. However, for our friends to make accusations against each other will only escalate the tensions. We ask the major powers to a conference in Paris. France is dedicated to maintaining peace among the major powers.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #787 on: June 18, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »

Having been instigator of an unprovoked aggression on the Ottoman Empire just a couple of years ago, the United Kingdom is not in the best position to accuse anybody of warmongering. But we have decided to let the past be past. However, in light of a clear failure of the British rule in Arabia and turning the region into one great battleground, we have right to secure our borders.

Also, as ruler of the Muslim nation, I cannot ignore what happened in Mecca. While we do not accuse the British government of instigating this awful act of desecration, we content the United Kingdom is doing a very inadequate job in these territories. A reaction of the Arabs across Palestine and Arabia is the best proof of this.

By the way, the United Kingdom has "jumped the Russian bandwagon" way before us. We only joined after we were obliged to honor our alliance with the United States. And just as you, we left the conflict earlier.  

(OOC: Nobody can say this game is boring Smiley )
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »

We shall attend the Paris Conference, in the hopes of ending these unecessary hostilities.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #789 on: June 18, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »

I will send a delegation to the Paris summit.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #790 on: June 18, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »

As will I.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »

The USA appreciates France's generous offer to host this conference...while we had previously indicated to the Prime Minister our attendance, I must delay that decision. I will continue to speak with the British bilaterally- but until they drop their outrageous claims against the USA and until they make right their barbaric destruction of Mecca, I cannot see a peace conference holding much validity
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2014, 08:29:49 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 08:37:47 PM by Spamage »

A Proclamation:

Due to the crisis surrounding Mecca the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland has come of the opinion that Mecca is to be ruled by Muslims. The city itself is to be reserved for Muslims alone, and the British Army shall be officially stationed around, but not within the city itself.

In the meantime we hereby announce that the House of Saud is to be given the region of Hedjaz within the next couple of years as the British fall back from the region. As the members of the House are Muslims, it is right they should control the city.

Furthermore those troops caught to have damaged such an important object and site to Islam shall be sent to London, tried, and should they be found guilty of such an act of cultural destruction, executed. In the meantime forbid alcohol consumption among troops stationed near the city.

We condemn the actions of the Palestinian rebels who so evilly attacked the Jewish settlers and expect all other major powers to do so as well. One act of desecration should not lead to the death of thousands of people uninvolved all the way across the region. Harsh justice for Palestinians caught having harmed and murdered the Jews. They are to be rounded up and detained in some of our various dependencies around the world including Canada, Australia, and South Africa. In the meantime we shall continue Jewish settlement in the region. If they thought massacring innocent Jews was going to stop settlement, they were wrong. In fact Jews worldwide are hereby welcomed back into the Holy Land, the Diaspora shall be put to an end. In the meantime greatly increase the presence of our troops there by sending many men form Britain and Canada.

We refuse to withdraw our accusations against the US and continue to hold them responsible for both the bombings in London and in Russia. We announced a call for a terrorism summit yesterday if you look on the page prior to this, and we second that call now, a day later. My government shall remain at the forefront of the anti-terrorism fight and shall condemn any government which appears to be sponsoring it. While the President himself may not have commanded either attack, it is true American nationals coordinated both. And those nationals must answers for the people they have killed, the property they have damaged, and the chaos they have caused. We reaffirm that we want a peaceful world, and will look for every way to keep it that way.

Furthermore Scotland Yard shall be given the task of sorting through the Mecca Crisis alongside increasing its investigation into the attack on London. This is no time for excuses, it is the time for honesty.

Throughout the Empire commence training of our forces in case they need to be deployed in the Middle East to fight off the Palestinians.

This is not the first time the Kaaba has been damaged (930 and 1629) therefore the government of Britain has faith that it can be restored. A task force of Muslims throughout the Empire shall be created to oversee and work on restoring the historic wonder and religious centerpiece. It shall be restored to its original appearance and will be one of our final works before we hand over Hedjaz to the House of Saud.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #793 on: June 19, 2014, 01:39:24 AM »

I'd like to remind the Prime Minister that he currently has no troops stationed in Canada- ever since we agreed that the USA was to take responsibility for Canada's defense long ago

And if the Prime Minister continues to accuse the USA of sponsoring terrorism- we advise that he recall that his largest (by area) colonial possession is in the hands of the US military and we will not hesitate to raise our flag atop every building in the land, while burning every Union Jack we find

The fact that the Union Jack flies high in Canada even today is an example that the USA keeps her agreements...unlike the duplicitous, double-dealing British we once called our allies

I caution the Prime Minister to end such talk at once or he will soon find that his once-mighty empire has joined the Romans, Greeks, and Mongols in the ruins of history
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #794 on: June 19, 2014, 03:11:47 AM »

While Germany certainly does not want to see another major conflict arise in the next time, we will certainly be sure to be on the side of our Ottoman and American allies in such a conflict.
Due to a certain unsecurity going on in the moment, Germany sets its army on alarm mode, to be prepared should the tensions intensify.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #795 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:26 AM »

We strongly condemn announcement of giving the Saudi barbarians a control of the Holy City at expense of its rightful rulers, the House of Hashim, descendents of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) himself. This is just another of many British insults, thrown in the face of the faithful.

We shall continue to recognize the Shariff of Mecca as rightful ruler of Hejaz and we shall never recognize Saudi expansionism.

Because of London's constant anti-Muslim activities, we shall join our American allies in not attending any "peace conference".
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #796 on: June 19, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »

Until cooler heads arise, and tensions decrease, the United Kingdom shall suspend bilateral talks with the United States and the Ottoman Empire. It seems as though everything we state inflames them even further and shows the warpath they are truly on.

By suspending these talks which have gradually gotten harsher and harsher, we've ended any chance of them building a pretext to go to war.

Yet again the US and Ottomans refuse to condemn the murder of the innocent Jews of Palestine.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #797 on: June 19, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »

The British Empire doesn't seem to realize a magnitude of the situation. When we made peace, we decided to forgot the past and had to accept our territorial loses. Furthermore, we did extend the hand of friendship toward London a number of times.

However, as ruler of the largest Muslim country in the world and as a Sunni Caliph of Islam, I have an obligation to react most strongly when the holiest place of our faith has been desecrated under the British watch. We also had to protest when Britain is supporting an infamous outlaw for taking over the entire Arabia, which is our southern neighbour, risking destabilising the entire region.

My people simply would not accept me going to any "peace conferention" and pretend it's not a big deal. This is a big deal.

The Ottoman Empire does not condone killings of Jewish settlers, but we must regretfully point out that this tragedy would not occur if not for the failure of British "liberation" of Palestine and Arabia.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #798 on: June 19, 2014, 10:56:46 AM »

We strongly condemn announcement of giving the Saudi barbarians a control of the Holy City at expense of its rightful rulers, the House of Hashim, descendents of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) himself. This is just another of many British insults, thrown in the face of the faithful.

We shall continue to recognize the Shariff of Mecca as rightful ruler of Hejaz and we shall never recognize Saudi expansionism.

OOC: This is ironic cause in OTL it was that House which revolted from Istanbul Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #799 on: June 19, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »

Russia is concerned at the destruction of religious icons in Mecca but calls for calm negotiations from London, Washington, and Constantinople to avoid this spiraling into yet another destructive war.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies