Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:27:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 72253 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: June 17, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2014, 06:34:59 PM by brah »

Italy shall commit one thousand troops to the Turkestani expedition.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #751 on: June 17, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »

The USA shall commit a brigade of 5000 men to the Turkestan mission...they are en route from our bases in Italy-

I order the US Navy's Mediterranean Fleet to assist our Italian friends and all others who have chosen to send troops to Turkestan as peacekeepers- including any assistance our Russian partners may request
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #752 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »

We will allow the international brigades to pass through Russian territory (or across the Caspian).
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #753 on: June 17, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »

I thank the Russian government for its cooperation

I order the US peacekeepers to intervene and halt any ethnic violence- including anti-Russian violence. I order full cooperation with the other national authorities present

To the Tsar- I hope that our working together here can lead to better relations down the road. I understand your goals and my peacekeepers are there to help
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #754 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

The French peacekeeping forces will intervene to end violence. Arrest any and all witnessed to committing atrocities and work to assist the other peacekeeping nations in all ways possible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #755 on: June 17, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »

Crisis – Russia Under Siege!

TO: All players.

As the war ended and the Tsar moved to save his nation, it seemed Russia could overcome the challenges, albeit at a high cost. On one hand, the Tsar seemed honest in his intention to improve the working conditions, a bold move that cost him some support in the Black Hundreds but that helped to improve his image among the workers, weakening some of the strikes (although immediate changes will be needed to maintain the trust Nicholas has won). On the other hand, the sailors in Sevastopol don't seem inclined to turn over their comrades, but their demands are based on a much higher pay, far better conditions and such. Protected as they are for Crimea and Ukraine as buffer states, they will take their time to negotiate. The Black Hundreds managed to redirect most of their strength against the minorities, but that only made things worse, as the Caucasus started to become a boiling point, and the Tsar ignoring Finland had the same effect. It was then when the Trans-Siberian entered service again and the Tsar managed to score some diplomatic points in Turkestan, winning back lost prestige. It would take time, but it seemed the Tsar could handle the pressure, until the next month came.

The authorities of Irkutsk and the ones across most of Siberia reacted in shock as the Trans-Siberian was attacked with bombs in several places, horribly crippling the railroad and forcing major repairs to restore it. Several of the perpetrators were shot on sight, and the one that was captured, while quite resistant, was eventually forced by Okhrana to reveal that he belonged to the Bureau of Intelligence of President Hay. Even worse, the Muslims and other minorities in the Caucasus revolted shortly after that, surprisingly well organized and equipped with a good number of weapons, starting a guerrilla war that has killed many soldiers and even some platoons of the Black Hundreds. Reports also seem to indicate that some Russian agents were killed in Turkestan in several isolated incidents, and the nobility and the officials in Finland are extremely close to declaring independence and seizing Helsinki if the situation goes out of control. It seems Russia is under siege.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #756 on: June 17, 2014, 11:44:32 PM »

We demand immediate answers from the Ottoman Empire and the United States. This is a coordinated attack which cannot be the work of only domestic agents. We remind the Finns that a unilateral declaration of independence will come with harsh consequences and urge them to negotiate rather than engage in treason. Repairs to the Railroad will begin as soon as possible.

I hereby order a full-scale assault on Islamic guerrillas in Turkestan and our Caucasus provinces. The deaths of our brothers will be avenge.

OOC: Can't I catch a break already? Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #757 on: June 18, 2014, 12:36:44 AM »

The United Kingdom condemns the acts committed within the Russian Empire. After the bombing in London we have come to realize the horrors of terrorism, something which ought not be used by nations attempting to make a statement. This is the second attack within a year therefore we shall consider opening a summit on terrorism and the dangers it poses. My ultimate goal is to have it outlawed internationally and widely unacceptable.

Furthermore, we can commit no troops to the Turkestan situation with the ongoing rebellion in Afghanistan alongside the rebels in Egypt. We hope the international community understands as our Empire is going through growing pains. After all, owning a quarter of the world is hard work. Smiley

Also, the United Kingdom shall be increasing trade with the Russian Empire and urge the subjects of the Czar to keep a cool head and allow the country to remain intact, it is in everyone's interests, including their own, to keep the losses of life minimal.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #758 on: June 18, 2014, 01:55:55 AM »

The Kingdom of Italy finds it troubling that yet more terrorist attacks would occur so soon after. We call into an official international investigation of the matter and a summit on the matter, and second Britain's call for a summit on terrorism.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #759 on: June 18, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »

We demand immediate answers from the Ottoman Empire and the United States.

The Ottoman Empire is not responsible for any of these attacks. I have not ordered anything like this and, given a very careful oversight over our intelligence, I'm sure there was no rouge freelancing either.

We shall not comment on the accusations the United States was behind railroad sabotage. A single man confession is not enough to make such judgement of such a monumental proportions.

We are troubled these tragic events were used by Russia as an excuse to launch an invasion on Turkestan, just as we were so close to achieve an agreement. We ask Petrograd to reconsider.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #760 on: June 18, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »

Russia has every right to combat the terrorists and uprisings in the Caucasus. We once again appeal to Russians to move their troops that are not part of the international mission, out of Turkestan and back into Russia. We were close to achieve an agreement, so reconsider your decisions.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #761 on: June 18, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »

After consulting with my Director of the Bureau of Investigation- I have confirmed that no agent of mine was involved in any terrorism in Russia. Perhaps the Tsar instructed his goons to torture the perpetrators into falsely confessing American citizenship as a pretext to start a conflict with the United States
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #762 on: June 18, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »

I would like to remind the Tsar that there are 5,000 American troops in Turkestan
There are thousands of troops from other nations- including France, Italy, and the Ottoman Empire

His decision to launch an assault in Turkestan increases the chances of the peacekeepers being accidentally targeted in the aggression

The Tsar must pull his forces back NOW
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #763 on: June 18, 2014, 08:18:43 AM »

We have full confidence in President Hay's statement and, if the United States are attacked in any way, we will have no choice but to honor our alliance.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #764 on: June 18, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »

Germany stands with his Ottoman and American allies, and will also stand by them should any American forces be attacked!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #765 on: June 18, 2014, 08:24:51 AM »

We shall be clear. The Ottoman Empire had enough of wars and we will never seek one. But our committment to the alliance with the United States and the German Empire is absolute and we will not stand by if needed by our friends.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #766 on: June 18, 2014, 08:46:18 AM »

The British Empire using this time of renewed tension to increase trade with the Russians- who have wreaked havoc in the world the past few years- concerns me greatly for the future of our alliance

Providing diplomatic cover to a nation with which we were so recently at war is not a sign of strength and does not give me confidence that Britain will stick with her allies no matter what

I hope the British reverse course on this issue,or I may have to declare our alliance with our mother nation temporarily void
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #767 on: June 18, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »

A sudden British-Russian reapproachment is worrying us as well.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #768 on: June 18, 2014, 09:00:26 AM »

As it is worrying Germany.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #769 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »

France respectfully asks Russia not to launch independent attacks on Turkestan, rather we as Russian troops to join up with the peacekeeping force. We also want to find ways to reduce the Anglo-American tensions before we find ourselves in another major conflict.

I ask the President and Prime Minister to meet with me in Paris where we can hash things out and find a common solution.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #770 on: June 18, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »

We will pull back the independent assault on Turkestan We thank the Americans for the clarification on the terrorist and apologize for the unilateral accusation.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #771 on: June 18, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »

I thank the Tsar for recognizing that he perhaps moved too swiftly...as we are all guilty of at times

I hope that we can have a future of cooperation between our nations
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #772 on: June 18, 2014, 12:08:23 PM »

Russia is not our exclusive trading partner, and we'd seek to remind the rest of the world that.

Britain is increasing our relations with Russia, because it's time for reconciliation. While I have no intention of seeking a military alliance, I believe that if we want lasting peace we ought to work together.

We are in no way abandoning our existing allies.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #773 on: June 18, 2014, 04:47:17 PM »

Crisis – Disaster in Mecca!

TO: All players.

The tension continues to rise among the world powers, with many of the leading newspapers of the World declaring that war is about to come again, justified by many crises. Now they have an even bigger justification, the sack of Mecca. British troops were stationed in the area after the war against the Ottoman Empire, but the garrison was light and it always tried its best not to inflame tensions or cause any kind of conflict within the sacred city of Islam. Thus, Mecca enjoyed almost three years of peace even as the Rashids and the Saudis fought for Arabia, at least until there were mysterious and unexpected disturbances in a British company. The soldiers appeared to have gotten drunk after getting a hold of enormous quantities of alcohol, and when the officers tried to install discipline they were shot and killed by some of the soldiers, who staged a mutiny. Despite the best attempts of the British commander to keep them contained, some of the soldiers manage to enter Mecca, where they started to sack some of the key places while causing chaos all over the city. The Sharif of Mecca and his men reacted immediately, killing most of the mutineers and chasing them through the streets. The few who escaped took their guns and staged a small assault to the Kaaba with a few basic grenades, that were enough to set the place in fire. When it was over and the Sharif managed to eliminate the fire, the Kaaba was heavily damaged and the citizens of Mecca were engaging in open warfare with the British troops, that were forced to withdraw. With a single incident, the occupied Middle East rose in anger, with the Palestinians resuming their revolt and lynching Jewish settlers while attacking isolated British soldiers. The Rashids and the Saudis managed to get a small unofficial truce while making consultations with other Arabian princes, and it seems the Middle East is about to explode as the news keep expanding further and further.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #774 on: June 18, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »

The British Empire has- for a century- ruled a quarter of the world with increasing neglect for the people whose lives depend on benign governance. The holiest sites in Islam have been desecrated due to British arrogance and neglect....the world must no longer sit idly by while London ignores the plight of its subjects

The United States of America hereby suspends her alliances with the British Empire

It is with no great pleasure that we must take this step with our mother nation- but until our British brethren see it fit to rule their empire with care for the people under their flag, we cannot support their colonialism with our continued alliance
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies