Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71580 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: June 19, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »

We strongly condemn announcement of giving the Saudi barbarians a control of the Holy City at expense of its rightful rulers, the House of Hashim, descendents of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) himself. This is just another of many British insults, thrown in the face of the faithful.

We shall continue to recognize the Shariff of Mecca as rightful ruler of Hejaz and we shall never recognize Saudi expansionism.

OOC: This is ironic cause in OTL it was that House which revolted from Istanbul Wink

OOC: A lot of developments in this game is very ironic Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #801 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:29 AM »

Of course the USA condemns the slaughter of any innocent man, woman, or child.... and we could not agree more with the Sultan that such tragedies would not have occured had the Brits actually given a damn about the people they claim to "own"!

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #802 on: June 19, 2014, 11:30:57 AM »

Again, France feels it imparative that in order for cooler heads to prevail, there has to be a discussion and a willingness to hear each side out. Again we ask the major powers to attend the Paris conference in the hope that if we can talk we might avoid a global war.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #803 on: June 19, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »

We salute the French initiative, but, most regretfully, we cannot accept at this time an invitation. It is not possible to engage in official talks with the United Kingdom as London continues to display a belligerent and insulting attitude.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #804 on: June 19, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »

I share the Sultan's sentiments.....thank you to the Prime Minister of France, my friend and ally, for his efforts.

The British have- in word and deed- shown the world that they believe they are above the law. Their boasting of owning a quarter of the world reflects a superior attitude. The fact that they feel they can install their puppets to rule Mecca when the Caliph of Islam disputes this- how dare they? They are a terrorist state.....more terrorism in the world is caused by British action then any one else. They have the gall to berate us for not condemning the murder of Jewish settlers- which,by the way, we have condemned- while not accepting responsibility for causing the circumstances in which it occurred

I will happily send an envoy to Paris to speak with our French allies.... and when the British learn humility,we will speak to them as well
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #805 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »

After negotiations between representatives of the Tsar, Kaiser, Sultan, and President- we are pleased to announce the following agreement

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X President John Hay

I am pleased to sign this agreement. I commend the Tsar, the Kaiser,and the Sultan for putting aside old disputes and moving forward together. I believe a peaceful future between Russia and the Entente will benefit all of us- and indeed, the entire world. I look forward to seeing what we will achieve together
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #806 on: June 19, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »

The United Kingdom would like to note that we are more than willing to attend the Paris Conference and resolve this crisis and are not the ones refusing to attend it. It the Ottomans and the Americans truly want to end this crisis and stop further tension they'd agree to attend as well.

We initially wished for nothing but positive relations with the US and Ottomans and must express our shock at how quickly our relations collapsed.

Once again, we urge the Ottomans and the US to attend the Paris Conference. We're willing to discuss leaving the Sharif in Mecca as the ruler of the territory among other things involved in reorganizing the Middle East should they choose to attend.

It's time for peace, and if the US and Ottomans really want to prevent global war, they'd agree to come to Paris where we can sort out our differences and solve this problem peacefully.

The actions of a few drunken idiots should in no way change the state of global politics, we'll make sure they pay dearly for what they have done. We have nothing but regret, sadness, and shame for what occurred in Mecca and want to solve this issue, but something that can only be done by working together as a global community.

So once again, I ask the US and Ottomans to attend the Paris Conference. All I wanted was good relations with you two and although that may now seem like an impossibility, I'm confident it may one day be achieved.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #807 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »

After negotiations between representatives of the Tsar, Kaiser, Sultan, and President- we are pleased to announce the following agreement

X President John Hay

I am pleased to sign this agreement. I commend the Tsar, the Kaiser,and the Sultan for putting aside old disputes and moving forward together. I believe a peaceful future between Russia and the Entente will benefit all of us- and indeed, the entire world. I look forward to seeing what we will achieve together

I'm very pleased to sign this historic treaty. The Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire are close neighbours that can gain a lot from working together. Our past relations has been difficult, but past is the past.

x Abdul Hamid II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #808 on: June 19, 2014, 12:54:11 PM »

Speaking frankly, we are not a democracy like the United Kingdom, but that doesn't mean I can afford to blatantly ignore the will of my people, especially when it comes to the Mecca crisis.

The barbaric attack on the Islam's most holy shrine has, it's safe to say, outraged every Muslim, myself including. While we believe it was not a deliberate action ordered by the British government, it still has happened under the British watch. Under this situation, I cannot resume our ties without causing a great uproar within the Ottoman Empire. In fact, the British should be happy we are doing everything we can internally to prevent our rightfully outraged subjects from rushing south and killing every British soldier they can find.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #809 on: June 19, 2014, 12:56:39 PM »

X President John Hay

I'm very pleased to sign this historic treaty. The Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire are close neighbours that can gain a lot from working together. Our past relations has been difficult, but past is the past.

x Abdul Hamid II

Germany and Russia have had a different relationship, but with the signing of the treaty this finally has passed. A bright future awaits our countries!

x Kaiser Wilhelm III
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #810 on: June 19, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »

Speaking frankly, we are not a democracy like the United Kingdom, but that doesn't mean I can afford to blatantly ignore the will of my people, especially when it comes to the Mecca crisis.

The barbaric attack on the Islam's most holy shrine has, it's safe to say, outraged every Muslim, myself including. While we believe it was not a deliberate action ordered by the British government, it still has happened under the British watch. Under this situation, I cannot resume our ties without causing a great uproar within the Ottoman Empire. In fact, the British should be happy we are doing everything we can internally to prevent our rightfully outraged subjects from rushing south and killing every British soldier they can find.

We would never speak to you in such a manner, and are disgusted you would talk to us as such. All we want to do is end this crisis, can you understand that?Huh If you truly want peace you'd attend the Paris Conference.

I will not be drug into war against you Sultan, so stop trying to create a conflict. What's done is done.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #811 on: June 19, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »

X President John Hay

x Abdul Hamid II

Germany and Russia have had a different relationship, but with the signing of the treaty this finally has passed. A bright future awaits our countries!

x Kaiser Wilhelm III

X Tsar Nicholas II
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #812 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »

AHU urges the Ottoman Empire and the USA to accept peace talks with Great Britain in Paris.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

The USA seeks peace with every nation
But peace is made difficult when an empire is based on the use of force to suppress the free will of billions across the Earth

I'd like to see the British Empire become an empire no more.....and the first step is to end the conscription of your foreign subjects into your military

The USA will only consider attending the Paris peace talks if the Prime Minister announces that the British military will only draw its numbers from men residing on the isle of Britain
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2014, 01:33:46 PM »

It is absolutely clear that the British rule over our Arab brothers is a failure.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

The USA seeks peace with every nation
But peace is made difficult when an empire is based on the use of force to suppress the free will of billions across the Earth

I'd like to see the British Empire become an empire no more.....and the first step is to end the conscription of your foreign subjects into your military

The USA will only consider attending the Paris peace talks if the Prime Minister announces that the British military will only draw its numbers from men residing on the isle of Britain

How insulting! How dare you!

I hope I am not alone seeing how arrogant and insulting the US has become. I shall ignore your requests.

Honestly, you're trying to make me out to be the villain when: I'm not the one wishing for other powers to be dismantled, I'm not the one pushing for war, I'm not the one wasting the other power's time with outrageous requests. How the rest of the world remains silent on this is beyond me.

The US has no reason to be involved in this issue at present to be honest. How many Muslims are there in America? Do you have any land in the Middle East? Stop making absurd requests towards us and start working for the good of the world.

We try to make negotiations to make the world a peaceful place only to have you throw our demands back at us and spit in our faces. It's clear how badly you want to ensnare Canada, and I wouldn't be surprised if you faked our friendship in order to seize the land. America, stop this needless conflict, stop these useless demands, and start acting for global peace.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »

It is absolutely clear that the British rule over our Arab brothers is a failure.

The British government points out that the history of the Ottoman Empire has been subjugating minorities, the Armenians have been persecuted within the last decade. At least I intend to lead my people peacefully, and do not discriminate and persecute them.

Sure, you can brush off some of my examples as ancient history, but the treatment of the Armenians in the 1890's is not one of those.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »

Until the US and Ottomans agree to be reasonable, I shall close my embassies down in their capitols. I have no reason for my ambassadors to be continually slighted with insults and outrageous demands. The ambassadors are to report to London.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #818 on: June 19, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »

The British government points out that the history of the Ottoman Empire has been subjugating minorities, the Armenians have been persecuted within the last decade. At least I intend to lead my people peacefully, and do not discriminate and persecute them.

Sure, you can brush off some of my examples as ancient history, but the treatment of the Armenians in the 1890's is not one of those.

So, concentration camps for the Boers are examples of British "ancient history"? No, it happened a few years ago, under the very government Prime Minister Balfour has been playing an important role with. Meanwhile, the Ottoman Empire has thankfully overcame our past ethnic issues.

Given constant insults, lies and attempts to duck the subject from the British side, we shall too recall our diplomats from Londom, effective immediatelly.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #819 on: June 19, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »

I became involved because the USA- unlike Britain- stand by her allies and when the Muslim world is attacked, the Ottoman Empire is attacked, and the USA is attacked

I sat silent for years watching Britain wreak havoc on peoples across the world, silent because of our alliance....but my silence has ended. For a century- Britain has dominated the world. And power corrupts, my friends....you see it here. But the pendulum swings- and it is swinging back now
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #820 on: June 19, 2014, 02:13:36 PM »

You want examples of ancient history, Mr Prime Minister? What of numerous uprisings and rebelliosn in India, not even fifty years ago? I have never heard of Ottomans trampling the morals of a religious group they oppress with their feet, as succeded during the Inidan Mutinity. They have the decency to leave the morals of other religiuos groups untouched. You see your country as a shining example of a great democracy - but tell me, where is Home Rule for Ireland. Where is decent treatment for South Africa and India. You may have a Democracy, that excludes half of t spopulation from the right to vote, in your home country, but everywhere else - no, better beat them with the stick so they behave! Before blalantly insulting my allies the next time, check your own country.

Germany will not see its allies insulted and accused by a foreign power that is even worse on the prespective matter, and will therefore close its embassy in London, until London officially sends its apologies to Germany's alies, the United States and the Ottoman Empire.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #821 on: June 19, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »

You want examples of ancient history, Mr Prime Minister? What of numerous uprisings and rebelliosn in India, not even fifty years ago? I have never heard of Ottomans trampling the morals of a religious group they oppress with their feet, as succeded during the Inidan Mutinity. They have the decency to leave the morals of other religiuos groups untouched. You see your country as a shining example of a great democracy - but tell me, where is Home Rule for Ireland. Where is decent treatment for South Africa and India. You may have a Democracy, that excludes half of t spopulation from the right to vote, in your home country, but everywhere else - no, better beat them with the stick so they behave! Before blalantly insulting my allies the next time, check your own country.

Germany will not see its allies insulted and accused by a foreign power that is even worse on the prespective matter, and will therefore close its embassy in London, until London officially sends its apologies to Germany's alies, the United States and the Ottoman Empire.

Yes because I'm the one saying that all my enemies ought to be completely dismantled Roll Eyes

They are the ones that escalated this crisis, bombed London, and caused chaos. I'm not the responsible one. I've dealt with the Kaaba issue, but they continue to be belligerent. If anyone should apologize, it's them. I've already addressed the Mecca problem and left the window open for more by attending the Paris Conference. They refused.

(Now I know how Snowstalker and Kalwejt felt Tongue )
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #822 on: June 19, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »

In 1776- after a history of tyranny ruling our homeland, my American forefathers declared independence and fought with every ounce of their being to free themselves from their British masters. That war was successful. When the British came back a generation later in 1812 and burned our capital- we fought back, and won again. Since that time- the USA has gone through turbulent times, but we have come out a proud and strong nation, with freedom for people at home and without oppression of peoples abroad

Since that time- in the century that followed- Britain has had unchallenged dominance over the world. They have used such dominance to plant their flag over a quarter of the world....to seize land from the people there and claim it for tyrants in London. They have plundered these lands of their people and resources. They have raped and pillaged countless villages. They have committed genocide. They have quashed rebellions with an iron fist- killing those who simply want to be free, because they simply wanted freedom

After a century of British tyranny- on which the sun never sets- the world has come to realize the danger in allowing these tea-sipping tyrants to to rule the world. Just as my forefathers did in 1776, I see it as my American duty to end the British era and move the world to freedom, peace, and prosperity yet again

I have coordinated with my allies in the Triple Entente, both of whom are world leaders and have led their nations with humility and grace- this is why their nations are growing in power. I have met with congressional leaders of both parties and kept them informed. I have called my cabinet for an emergency meeting and discussed with all of the above the steps I feel we must take.

The time has come: the United States hereby declares war on the British Empire

We seek a world free of tyranny- in which every man, woman, and child on God's green earth has a right to live in freedom
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #823 on: June 19, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »

I could not say it any better way than my close friend and ally Mr President Hay. To assist my ally, and as I see it as my duty to make the words of Mr Hay happen, I declare that a state of war exists between Germany and the United Kingdom.

(OOC: Off to bed now Tongue)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #824 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »

Oh good god! I go away for a little bit and this is what happens?!...

My armies are already very stretched. My two biggest allies are now in a state of war. France has attempted to allow cooler heads to prevail. We have attempted to get our friends to the table to talk and yet were rebuffed. Rather than even attempt a peace, we find ourselves in a precarious global situation.

France will need to take stock as to what to do. For now, we wish to remain neutral. However, French guards at home are put on full alert.

I still hope that the Americans and Ottomans will willingly attend the Paris conference with the British in order that we may end this conflict before it spirals out of control. Until then, I must announce increased conscription through France and the closure of France's German border. I do this to prevent German troops crossing through French territory to attack Britain's home island. I plead with the major powers to come to their senses and sit down and speak before lives are lost and we are in a global war.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies