Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:31:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71570 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: June 19, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »

Perhaps you should read several of my earlier statements regarding the British Empire's centuries-long record of conquering other peoples of the world and subjecting them to brutal treatment

Yes, but that's not a clear explanation, especially not after you and the Ottomans told the Empire to stop looking at the far back history.

The correct answer is there is no explanation but jingoism and ego

Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

I agree that jingoism and ego are an explanation........for why the British Empire has behaved the way it has for centuries!!! ;-)

OOC.... This old man is off to hit the hay....pleasure playing this game with you fine folks
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2014, 11:15:26 PM »

France declares War on the Kingdom of Italy.

All previous arrangements between France and Italy are hereby cancelled. French troops are instructed to remove the Italians from Morocco by force. Our oil agreement is hereby revoked. I seize all Italian assets on French soil.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #878 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:01 AM »

We thought we had overcome our previous agreements, but obviously this wasn't that way. Germany was fooled, and therefore does not intend to show weakness against the one's who fooled it.
Germany hereby declares war on the French Republic. We furthermore formally reannex any territories sold to France in a now invalid contract.
Furthermore any French assets on German, Polish, Lithuanian or Baltic soil are seized, all diplomats called back.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #879 on: June 20, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »

#The German economy is hereby ordered to primarly support all the war means.
I also ask my Austrian allies to declare war on France and Britain. We must absolutely fight off the warmongers.

Propaganda:

- Decipt the French as oathbreakers and the English as warmongers.
- Slogans: "Jeder Tritt ein Brit', jeder Stoß ein Franzos'!'" (Each kick, a Briton; each hit a Frenchman) and "Die Franzosen haben volle Hosen!" (The French sh**t their pants)
- Build up huge anti British and anti French sentiment
- Get many men to draft themselves!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X President John Hay

It is my honor to sign this agreement with furthers the ties between the USA and our Japanese friends....may the world's largest ocean always live up to its name- Pacific indicates peace, and with Japan and the USA moving forward together, peace is what our future entails
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

I call a meeting with the House Speaker Joseph Cannon- a Republican- and other congressional leaders to urge the speedy passage of a bill ending any discriminatory policies against Japanese
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2014, 11:03:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X President John Hay

x Emperor Mutsuhito

We are proud to sign this treaty as a grand gesture of friendship.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »

Very well then, Mr. Doumerge. If you want to play the game like that, then we'll play.

Considering all of our agreements are now null and void, Italy annexes Savoia and Nizza. May the spirit of Garibaldi guide us to the liberation of our homelands from the French oppressors.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »

The UK hereby recognizes the status of the Bishop of Rome as the Prisoner in the Vatican and shall work to solve his plight following the establishment of a new Italian government after the war.

Wink
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #885 on: June 20, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

Rich coming from someone who sees nothing wrong with sweatshops.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #886 on: June 20, 2014, 04:51:53 PM »

Geez, guys, I have a problem. I can't decide whether I should declare an annexation of Fiji or perhaps Belize Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #887 on: June 20, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »

I see the Prime Minister is a born comedian. Certainly, it's a shame to waste his talents at 10 Downing Street. After our vistory, we must put Mr. Balfour somewhere he won't be distracted by boring government business, thereby devoting himself to the beautiful art of laughter. I'm thinking Saint Helena, for example Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #888 on: June 20, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »

Geez, guys, I have a problem. I can't decide whether I should declare an annexation of Fiji or perhaps Belize Huh

The Ottoman Empire cannot afford to annex any land, after all they are deeply divided along ethnic lines and held up solely by their outdated military

Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #889 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:21 PM »

It was many thousands of years ago when the Japanese people first established the thriving government of their Home Islands. We have known peace and prosperity, as we have grown into a world power. We have been fiercely, proudly independent. We have also expanded as part of our growth, expanding our rule from Karafuto in the north to the Philippines in the south. We have been a strong and free nation.

But our friends and our neighbors have not always been free. Western, European powers have attempted to impose their will on the free people of the East. Now, it has fallen to the Japanese people to liberate our brothers and sisters from the oppressive yoke of Western imperialism. I stand with the people of Japan, the people of the Pacific, the people of Borneo, Sarawak, China, Indochina, and Malaya, when I, Emperor Mutsuhito, do announce that a state of war now exists between the Japanese Empire and the nations of Britain and France. We seek an Asia free of European rule and shall not rest until that dream is achieved.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2014, 08:23:20 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 08:43:14 PM by Spamage »

Allies are supposed to aid another when they are attacked. When Russia attacked Japan we joined its side, now when America attacks us where are they? They didn't join us, they attacked us, traitors. Angry

Also I did some population calculating Smiley

Population of Anglo-French Alliance: 496,100,000
Population of America-Japan-Germany-Italy: 259,549,168
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2014, 08:47:16 PM »

Allies are supposed to aid another when they are attacked. When Russia attacked Japan we joined its side, now when America attacks us where are they? They didn't join us, they attacked us, traitors. Angry

... Japan was bound to the United Kingdom by a treaty which we no longer regard as a functional diplomatic instrument, largely as a result of two of the treaty members already being at war with each other.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #892 on: June 20, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »

... Japan was bound to the United Kingdom by a treaty which we no longer regard as a functional diplomatic instrument, largely as a result of two of the treaty members already being at war with each other.

Yes, but America was the one who declared war and decided to break the alliance with Britain. Japan up until the moment of declaring war was still legally an ally as they had never publicly declared the alliance in their view to be invalidated.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #893 on: June 20, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

The Empire of Japan will have the full support of the US Navy's Pacific Fleet

The Emperor eloquently expressed our joint view that the old powers of Europe ought to let the rest of the world live in freedom from their colonial oppressors
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #894 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »

The Empire of Japan will have the full support of the US Navy's Pacific Fleet

The Emperor eloquently expressed our joint view that the old powers of Europe ought to let the rest of the world live in freedom from their colonial oppressors

"Freedom from their colonial oppressors" meaning taken from being a part of the democracies of Britain and France to the despotic Ottomans, tyrannical Japanese, elitist Americans, and the oppressive Italians. Where voting is attacked, forbidden, or not encouraged.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #895 on: June 20, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

Oppressive? This is coming from the nation that only pays attention to its few Italian subjects whenever there is a war. If there's peace, then Malta suffers.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #896 on: June 21, 2014, 04:29:29 AM »

The Ottoman Empire cannot afford to annex any land, after all they are deeply divided along ethnic lines and held up solely by their outdated military

Smiley

Well, that's funny coming from such a modern Empire, that can't deal with a few Afghans and Libyans, not to mention their abandoning of Turkestan Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #897 on: June 21, 2014, 04:31:39 AM »

The Ottoman Empire welcomes Japan to our righteous cause. We are confident that neither Tokyo, not Constantinopole will rest until Asia is free from meance of imperialism.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #898 on: June 21, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »

The problem with British attitude is that they don't understand a possibility of defeat, like it doesn't exist. The mere fact they were able to win on previous occasions, doesn't automatically guarantee a victory this time. Napoleon is dead, but so is the Duke of Wellington. If anything, confident in illusions of their magnificent past transcending into the present, the British let their shape go considerably down.

The Prime Minister had called our army "outdated". I wish to point out that, during past years, we put a very strong efforts in modernizing our military, while I don't recall similar efforts made by the British. If anything, they are outdated, drowning in their part, badly overextended around the world and reluctant to improve, while the Ottomans, Americans, Germans and Japanese worked hard.

Clearly, the time has come for rise of a modern powers. Or rebirth of an old powers, that understood a need to embrace modernity, like we did.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #899 on: June 21, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »

The problem with British attitude is that they don't understand a possibility of defeat, like it doesn't exist. The mere fact they were able to win on previous occasions, doesn't automatically guarantee a victory this time. Napoleon is dead, but so is the Duke of Wellington. If anything, confident in illusions of their magnificent past transcending into the present, the British let their shape go considerably down.

The Prime Minister had called our army "outdated". I wish to point out that, during past years, we put a very strong efforts in modernizing our military, while I don't recall similar efforts made by the British. If anything, they are outdated, drowning in their part, badly overextended around the world and reluctant to improve, while the Ottomans, Americans, Germans and Japanese worked hard.

Clearly, the time has come for rise of a modern powers. Or rebirth of an old powers, that understood a need to embrace modernity, like we did.

The possibility of defeat is very real, and we understand this, after all we were the ones attacked for no reason.

Anyone saying that the Ottoman military is more advanced than that of the British Empire is either joking or crazy, spending a few years worth of money on your military doesn't make it modern. After all, I've been privately researching new weapons that this war shall allow me to unleash. Also "worked hard" is not a sufficient explanation for the efforts of other powers of improving their military. All they've been doing to improve their military is going to war against other countries. Sure, I did the same, but I was also focusing on increasing the size and skill level of the British armed forces.

Remember this, this is 1905, not 1917, not 1939. Britain is still the number one power in the world by population, land size, and the amount of "modernization" (after all we invented the modern world). The Ottomans here are even weaker than the Ottomans OTL, they lost a major war and land was taken from them, not to mention the ethnic groups which are itching to throw off the Sultan who had is own brother murdered during our previous war.

It's hilarious the Ottomans have the audacity to criticize our efforts in the Sahara, where I recall they were even more unable to deal with the situation than us, Turkestan where we were cut off by the hardest region in the world to conquer.

Good day sir!

(This arguing is strangely amusing Smiley )
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies