Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71573 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: June 19, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

People of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, Newfoundland, Egypt, Palestine, Hedjaz, Sudan, South Africa, Kenya, India, Burma, Australia, New Zealand, and many other beautiful locations all around the world, we have been attacked by the United States for nothing more than refusing to bend the knee to what they believe ought to be the new world order. We, as a nation have weathered many storms, and this will be yet another. It is time to fight on for, not the King, but the country. We have survived Napoleon! We have survived the Hapsburgs! We have survived the Vikings! and now we shall survive the Americans!

I had nothing but the desire for peace with the United States only to have them attack us for no reason at all. Are they followers of Islam? Do they have lands in the Middle East? No. They are eager to take down this glorious Empire built on the blood of our forefathers! The same goes for Germany! Their jealousy has led them to bandwagon yet again and declare war on a power which only wanted friendship with them. They shall be condemned in the history books, they shall be the villains of this time when our children look back upon the past after our victory.

Sure, the United States is growing, but it's still nowhere near as strong as the British Empire. Seeing as we remain the financial capital of the world, and have just been attacked for no reason, I hereby seize all the assets of the US and Germany in our banking system to be used to fund the war against them. For what reason do they have to declare war on the peaceful people of Britain but for financial gain.

The Americans have no place to lecture the crown, their history has been one of exploitation and murder. Whereas we decided to be peaceful with the Native Americans, the Americans wiped them out, whereas we thought slavery was horrible, the United States refused to end it for many years. Their double standard is truly as horrifying as it is disgusting.

We addressed the issue that caused all of this, therefore what reason does the US have to declare war on us? It their green president cannot take the heat of diplomacy, he should get our of the kitchen, not condemn millions to die in the world's first World War.

People of Canada, I speak directly to you right now. The Americans have used treachery and deceit to occupy our land, and I urge you to fight them off just as your forebears did in the War of 1812. The US would have Canada added to their wretched Union by force and used your vast wealth and resources solely for the gain of Washington D.C., and not yourselves. I say to you as your Prime Minister, should you assist us in repelling these foreign devils, you shall be given the choice of Independence by a referendum following the war.

People of India, now is the time to fight! We may have had our differences in the past, but today, we must stand united. I second the offer I gave to Canada to you. Should you help us win this war, we shall grant you full independence as well. We know how long that has been desired and it is our wish to one day conduct diplomacy with a free India as equals within a commonwealth of nations.

Ireland, you too shall be granted home rule should you win us the war. We are more than willing to create a Parliament in Ireland should you join us in Battle to defeat the wretched Krauts and Yanks! Together we are strong, disunited we are weak!

We will fight in America, we will fight in Canada, we will fight across the world, and on the beaches, and in the towns, and wherever else the bloody yanks try to seize, but we shall never surrender. Ours is the greatest nation this world has ever known, and we intend to prove it!

Lastly I speak to the leaders of the other nations of the world. I have been attacked for nothing more than saying I didn't want to dismantle my empire according to American terms, this is as outrageous as it is terrifying. The Americans bandwagoned against Russia and now turn to us as their next victim, leading Germany hand in hand. We regret what happened in Mecca, but that's not the real cause of this war. American greed is. Why else would Germany and America, 2 countries without Muslims, without land in the Middle East, without any reason, declare war on me? I give you all warning that you may be next on their list just as Russia once was and I currently am.

The time has come to end the American reign of terror, as well as the German subjugation within Africa. Self determination is a right according to British principles and we intend to give the people of Tanzania, Cameroon, and Namibia that right, after all Germany already signed roughly half of their land over to me early on.

Yet again I must note that we wanted to come to the Paris Conference to make peace, we made concessions to appease the Ottomans and the Americans, but they shall never be appeased
, not until our empire is dismantled and we are all dead, therefore I say to the people not only of Britain, but of the world as well, we will fight, we will die, and we will win.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #826 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

Warning - War has been declared, the World War thread shall be started in the afternoon. If this goes as I think it will, this has the potential to be the war to end all wars!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #827 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 02:58:55 PM by Abdul the Red »

It is with heavy heart, but we no longer can tolerate British provocations, oppression of our brothers and attacking the Holy Places of our faith.

We, Sultan Abdul Hamid II, declare that a state of war exists between the Ottoman Empire and the United Kingdom.

Furthermore, as Caliph of Islam, we declare a Holy War on the British infidels and their minions. We shall not rest till the Holy Land is liberated from the heathens!

People of Arabia and Palestine!

It is time to join hands in a mortal struggle against the British infidels and their treacherous minions! Together, side by side, we shall liberate the Holy Land from a heathen occupation and brown the imperialists in the sea! In this hour of need, we all are the Muslims first and we shall avenge Mecca! The Ottoman Empire will not let our Arab brothers down!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #828 on: June 19, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »

It is with heavy heart, but we no longer can tolerate British provocations, oppression of our brothers and attacking the Holy Places of our faith.

Yes because Britain totally started this war Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #829 on: June 19, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

Yes because Britain totally started this war Roll Eyes

Sure they did Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #830 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

I hereby announce the annexation of Canada into the United States- and we declare that independence will be immediately granted pending the approval of a referendum supervised by the Canadian authorities with the logistical support of the US military in Canada

To the Canadian people- we welcome you as brethren who have been oppressed, as we were, by British tyrants. We are here to help you gain independence not as a quid-pro-quo as the British are offering, but because you as God's people deserve to be free

I say the same to the Indians, Africans, and all others under Britain's tyrannical rule- you deserve freedom, and you will have it as soon as we can defeat your despotic rulers. We have beaten them before- we will beat them again

I hereby order the seizure of all British assets to help finance the war effort- and the arrest of all British nationals within our borders
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #831 on: June 19, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »

France will need to take stock as to what to do. For now, we wish to remain neutral. However, French guards at home are put on full alert.

Naturally, we shall fully respect the French neutrality and we are comitted to continue our bilaterial relations, that are better than ever.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #832 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »

I echo the sentiments of my friend the Sultan

To France- we respect your neutrality, and we respect you all the more for attempting to salvage peace. Britain's offenses are too numerous to list, and are over the course of centuries. The French were instrumental in helping us free ourselves from their tyrannical rule....we have always admired our French allies and we continue to do so. We remain committed to peaceful, prosperous, mutual beneficial relationship with France
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #833 on: June 19, 2014, 03:08:20 PM »

I echo the sentiments of my friend the Sultan

To France- we respect your neutrality, and we respect you all the more for attempting to salvage peace. Britain's offenses are too numerous to list, and are over the course of centuries. The French were instrumental in helping us free ourselves from their tyrannical rule....we have always admired our French allies and we continue to do so. We remain committed to peaceful, prosperous, mutual beneficial relationship with France

Indeed, Mr. President. We too respect France even more due to their constant committment to peace and international cooperation.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #834 on: June 19, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »

I hereby announce the annexation of Canada into the United States

And we're the imperialists Roll Eyes

As stated in my speech to the people of Britain, the prime minister urges Canada to resist the American invaders, they just want more land and more people to oppress. How dare they tell the Africans they deserve better than us when their African American citizens toil under the Jim Crow laws! and the African-Canadians can expect little more than to see their own rights reduced.

PS: Canada will be a much bigger pill than Mexico to swallow. Nice try though.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #835 on: June 19, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »

Perhaps the Prime Minister needs some new glasses

I announced an immediate referendum regarding their independence

You, sir, are only granting them such a referendum if they send their sons to die for you!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #836 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »

As stated in my speech to the people of Britain, the prime minister urges Canada to resist the American invaders, they just want more land and more people to oppress. How dare they tell the Africans they deserve better than us when their African American citizens toil under the Jim Crow laws! and the African-Canadians can expect little more than to see their own rights reduced.

I don't think future Canadian states are even remotely likely to adopt Jim Crow.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #837 on: June 19, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »

Also allow me to remind you- that I am no "green" President

I was an assistant to President Lincoln- who freed the slaves

So I'd bite your tongue, Prime Minister, before throwing racist accusations at me, particularly after what you oversaw in the Boer War!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #838 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »

I don't think future Canadian states are even remotely likely to adopt Jim Crow.

Perhaps not, but racism in the United States was even prevalent in the North at this time.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #839 on: June 19, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »

Perhaps not, but racism in the United States was even prevalent in the North at this time.

So was in Europe.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #840 on: June 19, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »

So I'd bite your tongue, Prime Minister, before throwing racist accusations at me, particularly after what you oversaw in the Boer War!

Being an assistant to someone does not give you the credit for their actions. Sure your nation freed the slaves, but what did it do for them afterwards? It abandoned them. How many African Americans can actually vote in your country without being killed, beaten, or threatened?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #841 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »

Being an assistant to someone does not give you the credit for their actions. Sure your nation freed the slaves, but what did it do for them afterwards? It abandoned them. How many African Americans can actually vote in your country without being killed, beaten, or threatened?

I had no idea Black subjects of the Crown in Africa enjoys full civil and voting rights.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #842 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:48 PM »

I think the best part about this is that OOC we're all perfectly fine with eachother Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #843 on: June 19, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »

I think the best part about this is that OOC we're all perfectly fine with eachother Smiley

Haha, yes Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #844 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

I had no idea Black subjects of the Crown in Africa enjoys full civil and voting rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Qualified_Franchise
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #845 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »

Is that system employed in every single British colony?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #846 on: June 19, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »

And so it has come to this.....

It was France's hope that this could have been prevented. It was our wish that this could have been prevented and that we wanted to do. We did all we could for the major powers and yet we were rebuffed. We feel for our own national security that we have no recourse but to enter this conflict. In doing so, we are at great pains. We were friends with both Britain and America. Our relationship with the Ottomans was in a much more positive place and we had been making strides with Germany to improve the age-old historical grievances that had so hampered peaceful relations.

France has had to take stock on this. Britain had been willing to attend the Paris conference. America was not. Britain had expressed some regret and willingness to make things right. America did not. America declared war on Britain and therefore made the first strike, thus breaking the peace. Germany soon followed in what France feels was an unfairly opportunistic manner. Therefore, we feel that we have no choice. We declare that a state of war exists between France and the United States and Germany. While we have continued to work for peace, it was America declining to come to the table, though we desperately wanted them to. Germany's declaration of war we feel was opportunistic and wholly unhelpful where she had previously refused to join France in calling for cooler heads to prevail.

We hereby recall all diplomats from the United States and Germany.
We seize all assets of these nations to pay for increased defense costs.
France's army shall be fully mobilized.

We did not desire war and had done all we could to keep the peace.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #847 on: June 19, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »

We regret France's impending defeat
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #848 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »

What's suffrage like in your country? Oh wait, I don't think there is any. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #849 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »

What's suffrage like in your country? Oh wait, I don't think there is any. Wink

We never pretended to be a perfect democracy.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies