Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:53:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71576 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: April 16, 2014, 12:58:00 AM »

Deutsches Reich - Diplomacy Answers:

To: All

I would like to thank for your kind condolences, they helped me through this difficult time. Let me assure you, my primary goal is to ensure that Germany and the German people have a bright future ahead; that cannot be achieved through war, but solely through peace. It is my intent and will to live with all of you in peace.

To: France

If it is your will, we can entry negotiations about certain parts of Alsace-Lorraine.

To: USA

We will send a division of our navy for aid in Venezuela, they will sail to Guantanamo Bay to join with your troops.

To: Russian Empire

I will gladly accept your invitation to come to St Petersburg, maybe the time there can be used to strengthen our relations not only through a treaty. I also appreciate your stance on the anarchist menance, and acknowledge that it must be crushed by joint forces.

To: Ottoman Empire

I thank you for your especially kind and strong words. I have to apologize that we could due to internal difficulties not aid you in the last war. To ensure, that this will not happen again, I would like to propose an alliance similar to that you sealed with the United States.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:21:08 AM »

Deutsches Reich
July - December 1902

- Domestic policy:

Over the course of the next turns, I will implement a couple of reforms, to modernize and democratize Germany. First of all, I give voting rights to men and women over 18 alike, regardless of income or background. Second, I will cut all the priviligies the nobility still has, they shall be treated as normal citizens for all purposes. I will furthermore call democratic elections to the Reichstag for November 1902. The Reichstag shall then form a government, that will govern the country on my side, with both the government and me having the same rights and responsibilities.

I will advance strictly against Anarchists. They are a thread to national security, and must be converted or destroyed.

I will allow to strictly advance in South West Africa. We will divide the country in half, with one half being just home to indigenous tribes, and the other just to German settlers. I will comand von Trotha to drive all the indigenous tribes in their areas, which will be compromised of the northern half of German Southwest; where they will be left alone. Once the southern half is freed, I will encourage Germans from densely populated areas to dwell and settle there.

- Foreign policy:
Germany seeks to live in peace, for the prosperity of both Germany and the rest of the world. That for, I seek alliances and treatys with especially Russia, France and the Ottoman Empire.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51:50 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2014, 03:57:22 AM by TheCranberry »

I welcome the efforts of the Ottoman Empire to combat Anarchism in every country. Since my country has terribly been affected by this menace, I propose a international treaty concerning and condeming Anarchism.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Kaiser Wilhelm III

Furthermore, I shall hold a conference in Hamburg, where it will be discussed how to combat best the Menace of Anarchism. Delegates of every country are cordially invited.

Since you are planning to build a Istanbul-Bagdad railway; Germany would be more than delighted to send aid in form of construction engineers. In the last years, Germany was at forefront of industrial development and modernization of transport. We have skilled and experienced engineers, and would be delighted to send some of those, to help you build your railway?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »

Such an amendment would be a great idea!
I'm delighted that you already signed the treaty, Mani Sultan.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »

After a long and thorough consider, and for the good peace; Germany has made a treaty with France, giving up the French majority parts of Alsace Lorraine.

x Kaiser Wilhelm III of the House of Hohenzollern, King of Prussia and Deutscher Kaiser

(OOC: these are the orange parts:
 The above is German and says which German/French dialects were spoken in Alsace-Lorraine in the 19th century. Green and blue tones are German dialects, Orange French dialects.)

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »

OOC: Yeah you're getting overthrown.
OOC: What good is a useless area of people hating me and the Germans, and what good is a war with France? I wouldn't say so. And I didn't give up all of it, I kept the parts that are of use to me.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »

To: Kingdom of Italy

I now see that the giveaway of parts of Alsace-Lorraine maybe was an error on my side; initated through the grief over the death of my beloved father and the wish to live in peace with my neighbours. I can assure you however that I do not intend to further give up any acre of land.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2014, 10:03:32 AM by Wilhelm III »

Diplomacy:
Puerto Caballo is also of no importance to me. I will keep my navy there until the blockade has success, but I do not intend to stay there for long.

Thank you, mani Sultan! Your majesty has been a great friend in this time; and after this political troubles are resolved, I hope I can make my due visit to Istanbul.

To: France

My beloved father has brought me up as a gentleman, and gentlemen do not break agreements and treaties. As such, I have no intent to break our recent treaty. Even if I saw it as error now, I would be bound to the treaty. I will do my best to remind all Germans, whoever may lead the government after this Elections, of these gentlemen qualities.

Domestic Policy:

I stand here to assure the people of Germany that I did just what I though best for Germany. My reforms have given the people the right to express their free opinion, and so I will not do anything against Germans with another opinion than my own. I thank the delegates of the SPD and the Zentrum for standing behind me in this time; but I will not endorse any party in the upcoming elections, as I feel it should be the choice of the people, and not of the Kaiser.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »

Indeed, I'll end the turn with the results of the Reichstag and the US midterms in a few hours, and next turn should begin today or tomorrow.

Mighty nice Easter gift from you! Smiley

Oh yeah Smiley And if you want to give me an extra gift, please let the SPD win Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »

Indeed, I'll end the turn with the results of the Reichstag and the US midterms in a few hours, and next turn should begin today or tomorrow.

Mighty nice Easter gift from you! Smiley

Oh yeah Smiley And if you want to give me an extra gift, please let the SPD win Wink

Sorry, Cranberry! Sadly, being democratic, nice and reasonable is really not the way to do well in this period of time, xD

Well, no problem. I think I can arrange with this situation Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

Don't rush, take all the time you need Smiley

Then I've got at least that going for me, which is nice Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »

Deutsches Reich - Early 1903

DIPLOMACY:
To: United Kingdom
We send our condolences regarding the loss of Prime Minister Salisbury, and congrulate the new Prime Minister Arthur Balfour. May both our countries and our relations thrive!

To: Austria Hungary
I deeply congratulate Franz Ferdinand for his acension to the Austro-Hungarian Throne. Austria-Hungary is our close ally and friend, and we hope that this will stay this way for a long time coming.

To: Japan
You are our close ally, and we fully intend to keep it this way. We hope that your recent conflict with the Russian Empire can be resolved peacefully, but should it escalate further, we will certainly not hesitate to aid our ally.
I hereby remind our other allies in the Quadruple Alliance that we are in an alliance with Japan, and it is our duty as gentlemen to honor this agreement and help Japan against foreign aggressors.

To: Russia
Your generals shed blood, and you declared war upon our ally. This is not acceptable. We urge you to come to a peaceful resolving of this current conflict, otherwise we will not hesitate to help our ally Japan, also with military responses.

DOMESTIC POLICIES:

I agree with Chancellor von Bülow that the security of Germany and its borders are important. Therefore, I agree to further strengthen our army, both on land, and the navy. Furthermore, I will propose investments and researchs in modern airal transportation means, also for military use. I will also agree on the fortification of our border with France, and I would also agree to build a fortification line in Prussia and German Poland. The planning of certain events is also important fot Germany's security, and I will therefore approve of it as well
I will however veto the prosecution of the war in German South West; I say to the border of the Native lands and no further. I encourage however Germans to settle in GSW, and to found cities and settlements in this area, for trade and farming purposes. 
I share the Chancellors opinion that the Krupp incident was caused by anarchists, and demand a swifter implementation of the Treaty of Hamburg.
Finally, I will drop the proposal to abolish the nobility.

VENEZUELA
We will send a second division to Puerto Caballo, and hold up the blocade until Venezuela agrees to pay his debts. Should success come not until July, we will negotiate with our allied powers in this conflict over an invasion of mainland Venezuela.

INTERNAL:
To: German Secret Services
Pursue the Krupp incident. Report me immediately should it be the work of foreign powers.

To: German Embassy in London
Try to negotiate over the repurchase of the recent sold parts of the German colonial empire.

To: Border garrison to Russia
Tighten control at the border. If any hostile events occur, fight back immediately. Also I will send more men to the border, to defend Germany should the current conflict escalate.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 05:48:32 AM »

Oh, and I thank the Nobel Price comitee for selecting me. I urge Mr Waldeck-Rossaeu to decline accepting it, as I intend to do; if he however accepts it, I will certainly accept it as well.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »

URGENT: KRUPP FACTORY BOMBS
As I instructed them to do, my agents investigated the backgrounds of the Krupp Factory bombings. They pursued the incident, and found out that the bombers were directed by the court in St. Petersburg. Given Russia's aggression in the East, and our close alliance with Japan, this is seen as the last straw in a turn of events, and I hereby declare war on Russia.
(OOC: Is it okay if I send you my war turns tomorrow, Lumine; I don't have the time for it anymore today)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »

Ok thanks. Since playing nicely was no good idea, let's see how playing that way is Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »

I appeal to France to honor our treaty, that includes the honor of our mutual borders and friendship between our nations.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »

We agree to the Sultans proposal, but only if Russia and our ally Japan do as well.

We thank the King of Italy for his proposal, and we declare that we endorse talks in Rome.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »

Since both Russia and Japan agreed to talks, I think we should hold them? I endorse Italy and Rome as host.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »

To: Austria-Hungary

We rejoiced as we heard these great news! Austria-Hungary has always been our close friend and ally, our brother nation; and we would gladly strengthen this alliance in the future Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »

PEACE TALKS - GERMAN OFFER

Following points should be fulfilled by the Kingdom of Russia in order to end the state of war between our nations:

a) Russia considers itsself responsible for the outbreak of the war
b) Russia officially apologizes and takes responsibility for the Krupp factory bombings.
c) Russia installs a demilitarized zone 150 miles from the German border, the Baltic Sea and the Russian Pacifci Coast
d) Russia declares not to wage war either with Germany and Japan, or any of their allies; for at least 100 years

All of this points are debatable from the German side.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 04:33:35 AM »

Germany would be more than delighted to enter a formal alliance with the Ottoman Empire, Britain and the United States. Such an alliance would be a guarantee for peace an development throughout all of Europe, as well as the whole world.

Propaganda:
Russia is an aggressor, that wants to enslave all the allied peoples who are united against the Russian aggressor. We cannot let them suffice! Germans, unite against the aggressor from the East!

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »

x Kaiser Wilhelm III, King of Prussia and Deutscher Kaiser
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »

Propaganda:

- in Germany: Russia is a threat to freedom, to the German people etc. the usual stuff

- in Poland, the Baltics and Finland (distribuited underground): Germany is an ally for all the people who want to liberate themselves from the Russians; stir rebellions and revolts against the Russians; as near to St. Petersburg as possible
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 01:57:41 AM »

We welcome the Austro-Hungarian entry in the war with Russia. Our allies and brothers will fight alongside us against the Russian aggressors.

We also endorse the United States buy proposal for Greenland.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 12:44:50 PM »

Kaiserreich Deutschland - Late 1904:

Zur Lage der deutschen Nation, seine Majestät der Kaiser berichtet:

Case Schnee:
Acknowledging that freedom of press is one of the most fundamental forces in a democratic nation, I appreciate any journalist exerting this right. Therefore I will invite Herr Schnee to a private audience with me and the concerned minister, where we will talk of the issues in German South West Africa.

Poland:
As the Polish people shall elect their own king independent and uninfluenced, I will not endorse any candidates for the office of King. I will appoint both Mr Pisludksi and Mr Dmowski to serve as co-Prime Ministers until the first free Polish legislative elections. Those two gentlemen will form a government and rule Poland together with the Polish king until these elections. Should any difficulties or disagreements between these two gentlemen arise, I will gladly assist to mediate these.
To balance our common foreign policy, a new council shall be formed, the "Polish-German Council of Friendship". This council shall comprise of the Kaiser, the Chancellors and the foreign and internal ministers of Germany; as well as the King, the Prime Minister(s) and the foreign and internal ministers of Poland.

I shall also travel to Warsaw, where I will hold a speech before the Polish people.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies