Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71540 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »

I think that the American attitude has been the one that was most unhelpful. We regret that it has had to come to this. It was America that broke the peace and refused to talk.

America is a young nation on the whole... Sometimes you have to smack a child in order to get it to behave.
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #851 on: June 19, 2014, 03:30:29 PM »

I think that the American attitude has been the one that was most unhelpful. We regret that it has had to come to this. It was America that broke the peace and refused to talk.

America is a young nation on the whole... Sometimes you have to smack a child in order to get it to behave.
Cheesy This made me laugh!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #852 on: June 19, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »

The USA hereby declares war on France

Empires come and go....France has had its time and now that time is ending. It shifts from the British and French to the New World and to Germany, the Ottomans, and others who choose to stand with us

All French assets are now frozen,and all French nationals are to be arrested
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #853 on: June 19, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »

We regret France is now at war with our two closest allies.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #854 on: June 19, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

No one regrets it more than I, I can assure you.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #855 on: June 19, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »

That feeling will only grow, Prime Minister Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #856 on: June 19, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

Well, I guess we've finally got a full-scale World War Wink
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: June 19, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »

That feeling will only grow, Prime Minister Wink

Yes... I regret that I will have to kill my American friends... Not so much my German friends though Wink Speaking of...

France hereby annexes the full territory of Alsace-Lorraine. German nationals are to be arrested and detained if they are deemed a threat to France's national security.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #858 on: June 19, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #859 on: June 19, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »

Russia has no intentions to enter this war and will trade with both sides. As the warring powers are unable to deal with the Turkestani crisis we will indeed take it upon our own shoulders.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #860 on: June 19, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »

Russia has no intentions to enter this war and will trade with both sides. As the warring powers are unable to deal with the Turkestani crisis we will indeed take it upon our own shoulders.

Given the circumstances (enemy at our southern border), we must accept this, though we wish to ask Petrograd to some sensivity regarding rights of Turkic people and other non-Russian groups.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #861 on: June 19, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

OOC....Spamage- Canada should now be red ;-)

Back as President Hay

To the Tsar- unless they are needed to reinforce units further west, my brigade of 5,000 in Turkestan will seek the direction of your commanders for how they can be the most helpful
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #862 on: June 19, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »

OOC: Are you sure that America's declaration of war can get approved by Congress? After the war with Russia (and in which the US and Britain were allies) President Hay might not get a majority to approve.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #863 on: June 19, 2014, 05:24:56 PM »

OOC....I've had conversations to this regard, and both Lumine and Windjammer can attest and Lumine was CCed. I kept congressional leaders in the loop and I do have a majority there already- and with my propaganda comparing this to 1776, patriotism/jingoism would be at a fever pitch in the USA at this point
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #864 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:22 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 06:11:02 PM by brah »

British rule over the holy city of Mecca was doomed to be a disaster from Day One. It has found itself unable to control its soldiers from disrespecting its culture, and now they have even gone to drunkenly burning Islam's holiest site. In order to distract themselves from this disgusting act, they have decided to falsely accuse our allies of a terrorist attack, and have ceded the city to a pro-British puppet instead of its rightful heirs. We find it hilarious that it would accuse the former secretary of the liberator of African-Americans himself of racism and trying to oppress the community he helped build, and we find it disgusting that it continues to abuse our Maltese brothers and only pay attention to them whenever there is a war.

In solidarity with our American and German allies, the Kingdom of Italy hereby declares war on the United Kingdom and France. We hereby increase our army to full mobilization, and we seize all British and French assets in the country.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #865 on: June 19, 2014, 06:00:34 PM »

British rule over the holy city of Mecca was doomed to be a disaster from Day One. It has found itself unable to control its soldiers from disrespecting its culture, and now they have even gone to drunkenly burning Islam's holiest site. In order to distract themselves from this disgusting act, they have decided to falsely accuse our allies of a terrorist attack, and have ceded the city to a pro-British puppet instead of its rightful heirs. We find it hilarious that it would accuse the former secretary of the liberator of African-Americans himself of racism and trying to oppress the community he helped build, and we find it disgusting that it continues to abuse our Maltese brothers and only pay attention to them whenever there is a war.

In solidarity with our American and German allies, the Kingdom of Italy hereby declares war on the United Kingdom and France. We hereby increase our army to full mobilization, and we seize all assets in the country.

You ruined my map Angry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #866 on: June 19, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »

We are happy to welcome our Italian friends at war against the British menace.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2014, 06:37:40 PM »

The USA joins our Ottoman allies in welcoming our Italian allies in the fight against the old tyrannical powers of Britain and France

We look forward to working with them to lead a new world order in which freedom and respect for all peoples is the basis
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #868 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 07:12:52 PM by Spamage »

People of Canada,
   Within the past few hours the United States of America have decided to annex you against your own will. Throughout your illustrious history you’ve always resisted the American jingoistic attitude; you stood strong when they burned the colonial government in the War of 1812 and eventually succeeded in burning their own capitol! A century later the glutton that is America has decided to gobble you up against your wishes, and we are not going to allow this to happen! It’s time someone told America enough! It’s time someone told American no more! This is the third time the upstart Americans have attempted to imprison you, first there was when they attempted to invade during the Revolution, then again during the War of 1812, and now today they strike once more! This is the fight of our forebears and surrendering would be to say their blood lost was not worth it, it would be to say that your entire history has been a waste! We shall fight in the cities, we shall fight in the forests, we shall fight from Vancouver to Newfoundland! Canada is much too powerful to be simply absorbed by the United States and for trying we’re gonna give ‘em hell and one day the fight will be in Canada no more, no it’ll be in Boston and New York, Washington and Philadelphia, Richmond and Atlanta! After this war no longer shall the United States be a threat, no it’ll be divided piece by piece, just as they plan to do with us! Only unlike them, we’ll succeed!

Gotta promote patriotism somehow Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #869 on: June 19, 2014, 07:35:50 PM »

Canadian Propaganda

"American Brings Freedom"

The President of the United States orders an immediate referendum- overseen by Canadian authorities- upon approval of which, Canada will be an independent nation

There are words, and then there are deeds. Listen not to British words- Look instead at American deeds
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #870 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 07:47:42 PM by Spamage »

Canadian Propaganda

"American Brings Freedom"

The President of the United States orders an immediate referendum- overseen by Canadian authorities- upon approval of which, Canada will be an independent nation

There are words, and then there are deeds. Listen not to British words- Look instead at American deeds

Yes, do look at the American deeds. Seizing a country without it's consent, tricking the former owner, and now attacking them for no reason at all.

Canada has told you no twice in its history, and yet you still force yourself upon them.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #871 on: June 19, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »

If I were sieizing Canada- I would not immediately be granting them independence! I am giving them what you failed to give them as their tyrant....FREEDOM!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #872 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

Canada has had effective self-government since 1867.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #873 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »

If I were sieizing Canada- I would not immediately be granting them independence! I am giving them what you failed to give them as their tyrant....FREEDOM!

You're not giving them a choice, though. You assume that Canada will pass the referendum (which will most definitely be rigged, I mean look at the history of contentiousness in American elections) without even giving them the vote yet.

America, you have yet been able to give us a cause for you declaring war and why you were so eager to do so, could you do so now please?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #874 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »

Perhaps you should read several of my earlier statements regarding the British Empire's centuries-long record of conquering other peoples of the world and subjecting them to brutal treatment
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies