COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:48:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 542266 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5250 on: July 24, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »

Have any of these so-called "experts" spent even 5 minutes in a school in their lives?

In fact, have they even spent 5 minutes with another human being?
Have you?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #5251 on: July 24, 2021, 11:01:05 AM »

Have any of these so-called "experts" spent even 5 minutes in a school in their lives?

In fact, have they even spent 5 minutes with another human being?
Have you?

If poo.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5252 on: July 24, 2021, 11:19:55 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2021, 11:24:38 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

I was told by my phylobotimist that I wasn't getting enough H2O, there are many reason connected as why this Covid flu virus continues to be spread, it's not just people are getting the flu, it's other chronic medical conditions

Just when you have teeth ailments it's not the tooth it's the gum and not brushing is a contribution to getting false teeth, or smoking or drinking liquor or drugs like cocaine snorting

That's why when you have dual coverage Medicare and Medicaid they usually don't pay for prosthetic teeth if they do they go partial and you must or a market place dental plans the rest, because dentures isn't necessary it's cosmetics surgery, people die with all their teeth in their mouth or most of them
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5253 on: July 24, 2021, 11:58:15 AM »

Chicago schools are said to be mandating masks for everyone whether vaccinated or not.

How do they expect to enforce this?

If you're not wearing a mask you get sent home?

But they're getting rid of remote "learning."

I'm assuming they'll just force them to wear masks in much the same way they'd be forced to remain in their seats or go to class on time. Sending them home isn't unprecedented because schools are able to send students or staff home if they have head lice or contagious conditions like chickenpox, but in those cases the students clearly are unwell and contagious and not capable of safely learning. In this case, there's a presumption of "guilt" (or rather, infection) regardless of evidence. 

The generation after Gen Z will be lifelong Republicans because of this.

This is one of the cases where I'm a lot more concerned about the social implications than the electoral implications. Anti-social behavior is already a huge problem among younger people and I worry that this will make things a lot worse. Not being able to interact with people face to face is depressing and destructive, and I'd imagine it's especially so for young and developing minds.

A young person buried six-feet under ground, due to Covid, will obviously have a difficult time interacting with others face-to-face.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5254 on: July 24, 2021, 12:03:26 PM »

Trump supporters are a big reason why Canada and the UK are beating the US on vaccinations.

A new Angus Reid poll from Canada finds that 86% of Canadians 18 and older have gotten or want a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible. The same poll shows that just 8% of Canadian adults do not want a Covid-19 vaccination.

This matches what the real-world data is showing us: Canadians are far more driven to get vaccinated than Americans.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/24/politics/canada-uk-us-vaccinations-analysis/index.html

This article has a good amount of numbers and poll analysis on the issue. Click the link above to see more.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5255 on: July 24, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »

This thread: “How dare the news not report that Biden has cured Covid? How dare the vaccines not be 100% effective against Delta? How dare the unvaccinated still should wear masks?”

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5256 on: July 24, 2021, 01:22:16 PM »

It's pretty bad when the Democratic establishment has the same views as an obvious online troll.

At no point has the democratic establishment called for a three year continuous lockdown. I think you need to get your head out of wherever you have it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5257 on: July 24, 2021, 01:36:43 PM »

California man who said he had ’99 problems but a vax ain’t one’ dies from COVID-19

When you can’t trust the Bible cause it was written by man, but you trust the CDC/Fauci guidelines cause they were written by man. Makes total sense. pic.twitter.com/JqUeZGpr5w

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) May 26, 2021

“Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork,” Harmon tweeted on July 8. In June he wrote, “IF YOU’RE HAVING EMAIL PROBLEMS, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, SON. I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A VAX AIN’T ONE!”

Biden’s door to door vaccine “surveyors” really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) July 8, 2021

But just a day later, Harmon revealed to his followers that he had been diagnosed with COVID. His situation deteriorated a few days later when he revealed he was “on max oxygen” and “struggling to function.”

i’m choosing to going under intubation, i’ve fought this thing as hard as i can but unfortunately it’s reached a point of critical choice & as much as i hate having to do this i’d rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don’t know when i’ll wake up, please pray.

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) July 21, 2021

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-said-had-99-221500116.html
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5258 on: July 24, 2021, 01:46:46 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5259 on: July 24, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »

It could be both new polling and seeing the rapidly inflating case counts.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5260 on: July 24, 2021, 02:34:59 PM »

California man who said he had ’99 problems but a vax ain’t one’ dies from COVID-19

When you can’t trust the Bible cause it was written by man, but you trust the CDC/Fauci guidelines cause they were written by man. Makes total sense. pic.twitter.com/JqUeZGpr5w

“Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork,” Harmon tweeted on July 8. In June he wrote, “IF YOU’RE HAVING EMAIL PROBLEMS, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, SON. I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A VAX AIN’T ONE!”

Biden’s door to door vaccine “surveyors” really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork

But just a day later, Harmon revealed to his followers that he had been diagnosed with COVID. His situation deteriorated a few days later when he revealed he was “on max oxygen” and “struggling to function.”

i’m choosing to going under intubation, i’ve fought this thing as hard as i can but unfortunately it’s reached a point of critical choice & as much as i hate having to do this i’d rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don’t know when i’ll wake up, please pray.

This is so sad.
He spent so much time "owning the libs," and repeating how "Biden’s door to door vaccine surveyors really should be called JaCovid Witnesses," instead of just getting a vaccine ... and now, he is dead.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5261 on: July 24, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »

Updated map of counties that have fully vaccinated 70+% of all eligible residents.

Glad to see Starr County, TX is in the green zone
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5262 on: July 24, 2021, 03:46:45 PM »

Updated map of counties that have fully vaccinated 70+% of all eligible residents.

Could you please include Puerto Rico in this map?
sguberman
United States

« Reply #5263 on: July 24, 2021, 04:03:16 PM »

Interesting Article
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/covid-vaccine-hesitant.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5264 on: July 24, 2021, 04:16:03 PM »

This is so sad.
He spent so much time "owning the libs," and repeating how "Biden’s door to door vaccine surveyors really should be called JaCovid Witnesses," instead of just getting a vaccine ... and now, he is dead.

He did it to himself.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5265 on: July 24, 2021, 04:31:14 PM »

Could you please include Puerto Rico in this map?

Next update I'll give it a shot. The NYT tracker uses very small geographical units for its Puerto Rico map, so I'll have to see if I can find the same map template as a PNG.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5266 on: July 24, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »

I sort of fit into this group--I've essentially opted not to go anywhere (for my own safety from the virus and also to avoid spreading it) and both the idea of going out unvaccinated to get the vaccine, ironic as that is, along with severe anxiety around needles in general (applying equally to bloodwork) made it an anxiety trigger. Finally the stress of essentially feeling like I was in prison, wanting to go out but not wanting to risk getting covid, pushed me to force myself through the anxiety.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5267 on: July 24, 2021, 06:02:49 PM »

I just want to vent that pretty much all of the liberal "pro-science" media is devoting wall to wall coverage to the potential for the vaccines being ineffective longterm. They're desperate for an endless pandemic and I hate them for it. I'm struggling to get some important people in my life to get the vaccine and they're convinced that the vaccine doesn't prevent infections, and it's because of bloodthirsty 24-hour news networks and fear-mongering rags like the NYT.

I think the media has done a bad job explaining the math problem that is the pandemic but they are also doing so in a country where most people can't understand basic math.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5268 on: July 24, 2021, 06:13:57 PM »

I went to the Barnes and Noble around Independence Day and suddenly realized I was the only one (besides staff) still wearing a mask. I felt foolish.

Today I went there again and almost everyone is wearing a mask. The tide has turned again.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5269 on: July 24, 2021, 06:21:18 PM »

I went to the Barnes and Noble around Independence Day and suddenly realized I was the only one (besides staff) still wearing a mask. I felt foolish.

Today I went there again and almost everyone is wearing a mask. The tide has turned again.

I'm seeing the same trend in stores here.  It's increased from perhaps 20% masked at the low point to about 50% lately.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5270 on: July 24, 2021, 06:31:42 PM »

Chicago schools are said to be mandating masks for everyone whether vaccinated or not.

I'm assuming they'll just force them to wear masks in much the same way they'd be forced to remain in their seats or go to class on time. Sending them home isn't unprecedented because schools are able to send students or staff home if they have head lice or contagious conditions like chickenpox, but in those cases the students clearly are unwell and contagious and not capable of safely learning. In this case, there's a presumption of "guilt" (or rather, infection) regardless of evidence. 

This is one of the cases where I'm a lot more concerned about the social implications than the electoral implications. Anti-social behavior is already a huge problem among younger people and I worry that this will make things a lot worse. Not being able to interact with people face to face is depressing and destructive, and I'd imagine it's especially so for young and developing minds.

A young person buried six-feet under ground, due to Covid, will obviously have a difficult time interacting with others face-to-face.

Why are you saying this? We've known for almost a year and a half that COVID is not dangerous to children. Yes, they can get it, but in terms of statistics they are more likely to end up in emergency care for choking on food at lunchtime than they are to die or probably even end up in the hospital for COVID-19, and that doesn't mean that we require them to blend up all their food before eating it.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #5271 on: July 24, 2021, 06:35:01 PM »

I'm seeing the same trend in stores here.  It's increased from perhaps 20% masked at the low point to about 50% lately.

It's become very, very low here. At grocery stores it was maybe 80% at its peak, and now it's about 10%.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5272 on: July 24, 2021, 06:59:30 PM »

It's still a minority where I work, but the numbers of masked customers at my job have gone up in recent weeks. I would say ~20% or so of people are wearing them now.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5273 on: July 24, 2021, 07:25:03 PM »

You clearly have not talked with a child in years.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5274 on: July 24, 2021, 07:57:29 PM »

You clearly have not talked with a child in years.

Democrats are starting to become the establishment, no fun allowed, moralizing party just like the GOP was in my youth. Sure they're the better option for now because we need universal healthcare and the GOP is majority Trump cult but I can definitely see their overzealousness on COVID restrictions biting them in the ass soon.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies