COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:05:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535446 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 29, 2021, 02:31:45 PM »

Anti-science movement set up US for worse pandemic.

... "An anti-science disinformation campaign of unprecedented magnitude and led by both multinational corporations and some governments, especially the Russian and US Governments, fuels the pandemic," (infectious disease expert Dr. Peter) Hotez, dean for the National School for Tropical Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine, wrote in the journal Plos Biology.

"Although President Trump did not win reelection and the new Biden administration has vowed to mount an evidence-based pandemic strategy, the anti-science pursuits of the Trump White House and Coronavirus Task Force have caused serious harm," Hotez wrote.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/01/29/health/anti-science-coronavirus-pandemic/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 02:17:37 PM »

That is exactly what's starting to happen....

Anti-vaxxers are going to be the next big terrorism threat, just watch in a few years. Also agree:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/dodger-stadium-mass-coronavirus-vaccination-site-shut-down-after-protesters-block-entrance/

Where the hell are the police.
These people need to be removed quickly from blocking the road. Throw them in jail.
A**holes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 03:19:14 PM »

Couple shares warning sign linked to Covid-19 after (young) daughter's death.

Please watch this video if you have young children.
Having some knowledge of warning signs, could help to save a life.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/02/23/morse-child-dies-of-coronavirus-intv-newday-vpx.cnn
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 08:17:16 PM »

Why are Biden and Harris still wearing masks inside the White House since they and all of the others there are vaccinated?

Probably to set an example, since there are still a lot of people who haven't gotten vaccines yet. But when we get to the point where everyone who wants a vaccine can get one, we can start ditching masks.

I think they think that, but at this point if you're not wearing one you never will and if you are you will continue to do so.  It's just theater.

This part is true. For almost a year now, I've been making note of maskless customers at my own job. The number has remained at around 20% for months now, although there are signs of an uptick. Some of the maskless are habitual customers who I've never seen wear a mask throughout the entire pandemic. They're not going to start now.

Why does your store continue to let these fools in?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 11:22:41 PM »

Video: Many Evangelicals say they won't be vaccinated against Covid-19.

Click here to watch ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/04/14/coronavirus-vaccine-evangelicals-reeve-pkg-vpx.cnn

You have got to watch this video.
If I sat in this church, during services, I would think that maybe I was transported to Saturn or somewhere strange (not anywhere on Earth).
I would be looking left, right, behind me ... just thinking these people have lost their minds.
Bizarre preacher of the kooky-est kind.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 05:07:23 PM »

Video: Ted Nugent contracts Covid-19 after saying 'it's not a real pandemic.'

Click here to watch ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/04/21/ted-nugent-covid-orig-jk.cnn

This idiot, even after getting the virus, talks to his followers/audience and downplays the virus, vaccine, sickness dangers, etc.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 03:20:44 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »

CPAC crowd cheers missing vaccination goal. Hear Fauci's response.

Click here to watch video ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/11/anthony-fauci-cpac-cheers-missing-vaccination-goal-sot-sotu-vpx.cnn

Those who would applause to this are a$$holes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 12:39:09 PM »

Fox and these other right-wing networks are literally killing people.
All for ratings.
Disgusting.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 01:11:42 AM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »

So you first found people having Covid as funny, with your title stating "LMAO."
What made you change your mind, to alter it to "Yikes"?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 02:18:52 PM »

So you first found people having Covid as funny, with your title stating "LMAO."

Because it is funny, sorry. They are all fully vaccinated. They’ll be fine

Well there you have it folks.
People catching deadly viruses is apparently "funny" to some _______.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 04:24:31 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2021, 07:50:57 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Because it is funny, sorry. They are all fully vaccinated. They’ll be fine

Well there you have it folks.
People catching deadly viruses is apparently "funny" to some _______.

It literally isn’t deadly if you’re vaccinated. Stop being a childish snowflake.

For the vast, vast majority of people this is true. But vaccinated people could potentially still become infected and spread the virus to others. "Stop being an" ignorant _________.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »

Finally an Atlas republican that makes SirWoodbury look smart

I didn't think it was possible.
LOL.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2021, 10:30:29 PM »

Fauci says polio would still exist in the US if the 'false information' currently being spread existed decades ago.

If the health misinformation currently spreading regarding coronavirus vaccines existed during the days of polio, it would have never been eradicated, Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, said Saturday.

Asked by CNN's Jim Acosta about the misinformation spread by Fox News regarding the Covid-19 vaccines, Fauci said, "We probably would still have polio in this country if we had the kind of false information that's being spread now."
He added, "If we had that back decades ago, I would be certain that we'd still have polio in this country."

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/17/us/fauci-polio-coronavirus-false-information/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 09:37:22 PM »

I just wanted to refute the misconceptions and misinformation spewed by the USGD mafia on here.
Of course, I expect less than nothing from them, but it would be so stupendous to see them break my insanely low levels of conjecture.

This post may be my next signature.

Fuzzy,
This image in your signature would be better ...

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2021, 08:57:55 PM »

FoX News now has a vaccine passport for its employees.

LMAO.
Are you sh**tting me?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 09:06:34 PM »

FoX News now has a vaccine passport for its employees.

LMAO.
Are you sh**tting me?

I posted in Part 6 but I don't think it really constitutes a vaccine passport. Currently they have to take their temperature and self-report that everyday before entering the workplace. If they self-report they're vaccinated, they don't have to do that anymore. They don't have to prove they're vaccinated, and being vaccinated just lets them skip the self-reported daily health screening.

That is absolutely hilarious.
What a bunch of hypocrites. Have the NutJob Fox Commentators discussed it yet. Would love to hear their excuses. LOL.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2021, 05:39:07 PM »

Video: Mom pleads with people to get vaccine after unvaccinated daughter's death.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/07/21/mom-unvaccinated-daughter-death-sot-kmov-mpx-vpx.hln
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 10:46:27 PM »

WOW

I actually saw this segment when it aired, and I mentioned it the other day on here. I don't feel sorry for those people who have that kind of sentiment.

I don't get tired watching it (over the last two/three days).
It's so captivating. I just sit and pause for a while, thinking that maybe I'm from another planet or maybe this patient must be.
It just does not compute at any level, and my brain is left stewing in Twilight-Zone-like confusion.
Absolutely amazing (in the worst possible way).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2021, 01:37:03 AM »

The surreal lives of Arkansas nurses fighting Covid-19 inside the hospital and denial on the outside.

Watch the attached video for a 7 minute summary of the article.
https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/22/us/arkansas-covid-nurse-vaccine/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2021, 11:58:15 AM »

Chicago schools are said to be mandating masks for everyone whether vaccinated or not.

How do they expect to enforce this?

If you're not wearing a mask you get sent home?

But they're getting rid of remote "learning."

I'm assuming they'll just force them to wear masks in much the same way they'd be forced to remain in their seats or go to class on time. Sending them home isn't unprecedented because schools are able to send students or staff home if they have head lice or contagious conditions like chickenpox, but in those cases the students clearly are unwell and contagious and not capable of safely learning. In this case, there's a presumption of "guilt" (or rather, infection) regardless of evidence. 

The generation after Gen Z will be lifelong Republicans because of this.

This is one of the cases where I'm a lot more concerned about the social implications than the electoral implications. Anti-social behavior is already a huge problem among younger people and I worry that this will make things a lot worse. Not being able to interact with people face to face is depressing and destructive, and I'd imagine it's especially so for young and developing minds.

A young person buried six-feet under ground, due to Covid, will obviously have a difficult time interacting with others face-to-face.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2021, 12:03:26 PM »

Trump supporters are a big reason why Canada and the UK are beating the US on vaccinations.

A new Angus Reid poll from Canada finds that 86% of Canadians 18 and older have gotten or want a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible. The same poll shows that just 8% of Canadian adults do not want a Covid-19 vaccination.

This matches what the real-world data is showing us: Canadians are far more driven to get vaccinated than Americans.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/24/politics/canada-uk-us-vaccinations-analysis/index.html

This article has a good amount of numbers and poll analysis on the issue. Click the link above to see more.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2021, 02:34:59 PM »

California man who said he had ’99 problems but a vax ain’t one’ dies from COVID-19

When you can’t trust the Bible cause it was written by man, but you trust the CDC/Fauci guidelines cause they were written by man. Makes total sense. pic.twitter.com/JqUeZGpr5w

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) May 26, 2021

“Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork,” Harmon tweeted on July 8. In June he wrote, “IF YOU’RE HAVING EMAIL PROBLEMS, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, SON. I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A VAX AIN’T ONE!”

Biden’s door to door vaccine “surveyors” really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) July 8, 2021

But just a day later, Harmon revealed to his followers that he had been diagnosed with COVID. His situation deteriorated a few days later when he revealed he was “on max oxygen” and “struggling to function.”

i’m choosing to going under intubation, i’ve fought this thing as hard as i can but unfortunately it’s reached a point of critical choice & as much as i hate having to do this i’d rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don’t know when i’ll wake up, please pray.

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) July 21, 2021

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-said-had-99-221500116.html

This is so sad.
He spent so much time "owning the libs," and repeating how "Biden’s door to door vaccine surveyors really should be called JaCovid Witnesses," instead of just getting a vaccine ... and now, he is dead.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2021, 04:59:30 PM »

...Seems like people are just dooming for the sake of it or falling for the media's fearmongering.

We are 610,000 people dead in the US, and yet some people are still downplaying Covid as just "fearmongering."
Un-fing believable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies